Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

9 hours ago, FlaresZ said:

Close Combat is bugged in general, I tried having my Azumarill use it, and the same bug happened.

Can't recall when I tried using it. And I have the same issue with trading a chansey. Might aswell try to have a pokemon learn close combat and try it out myself again to be sure, as I can recall an enemy pokemon using it against me and not being an issue. The shadow version of superpower luckily works.

Errorcode when using close combat.

90b7cfb4b9[1].jpg

Edited by Amaranthis

I'm enjoying Version 1.07 and glad to see Aurora Veil and some other things fixed. However, I'm encountering some problems like many people are stating such as the Cave Spot Pokemon not showing on the battle screen, several bugs with moves, and issues with Duking's trade.

Also, are you going to create a save editor for XG? I'm using PkmnGC tools for mine but every time I use it, some Pokemon like Electabuzz and Sableye, their special ability always change to Static and Prankster. Even I only just change the nature, it still changes their ability which frustrates me.

Edited by Michael Morningstar

On 12/9/2017 at 11:40 AM, Amaranthis said:

For me it superpower in mt battle. Close combat worked for me, perhaps the problem lays with mt battle?

Tried using superpower myself out of mt battle and it doesnt get stuck, likely they same with closecombat. Guess that means moves that drop own attack and defence after damage wont work in mt battle.

#flaresz: can you tell me when you reach pokespots if you can encounter pokemon in cave spot?

I'll go ahead and add that Dragon Ascent (Rayquaza, Mt. Battle Zone 99) has the same bug. Considering they all lower multiple stats (Def. + Spec. Def.), I'd go ahead and say the bug applies to all three moves for the same reason. Also, the bug is not Mt. Battle exclusive since

Spoiler

Shadow Ascent, used by Shadow Rayquaza in the Greevil fight, has the same bug. 

Last note for replication purposes, the softlock doesn't appear to happen when the move knocks out the opponent. This may be a bug in itself where the stat drops don't occur if the target faints. I haven't tested that to be sure, unfortunately.

Dolphin_2017-12-13_17-13-16.png

10 hours ago, TheYushu said:

I'll go ahead and add that Dragon Ascent (Rayquaza, Mt. Battle Zone 99) has the same bug. Considering they all lower multiple stats (Def. + Spec. Def.), I'd go ahead and say the bug applies to all three moves for the same reason. Also, the bug is not Mt. Battle exclusive since

Hide contents

Shadow Ascent, used by Shadow Rayquaza in the Greevil fight, has the same bug. 

Last note for replication purposes, the softlock doesn't appear to happen when the move knocks out the opponent. This may be a bug in itself where the stat drops don't occur if the target faints. I haven't tested that to be sure, unfortunately.

Dolphin_2017-12-13_17-13-16.png

Got superpower to work outside mt battle, but maybe its because what you said due to it KO'ing the opponent. However shadow smash (the shadow move like superpower that drops attack and defence) didnt had that bug when the target was still alive that it got stuck.

Guess I'll be waiting for a fix before I continue onwards as I dislike facing Greevil when some moves are bugged and result in the game stopping entirely.

26 minutes ago, Amaranthis said:

Got superpower to work outside mt battle, but maybe its because what you said due to it KO'ing the opponent. However shadow smash (the shadow move like superpower that drops attack and defence) didnt had that bug when the target was still alive that it got stuck.

Guess I'll be waiting for a fix before I continue onwards as I dislike facing Greevil when some moves are bugged and result in the game stopping entirely.

It seems odd that Shadow Smash works where Shadow Ascent doesn't. I've been seeing the bug periodically over the past few hours every time I don't notice that Shadow Rayquaza is sent out, so I guess I'll have to head to Mt. Battle and try out Shadow Smash. 

Has anybody replicated this on console? I've been playing on Dolphin, so I don't fancy rushing through the story to test the bug.

On 12/9/2017 at 12:32 PM, Amaranthis said:

Was wondering if it was just me.

Also it seems that you the second battle with robogroundon is bugged, you get loads of error messages after finishing your moves. Guess you aren't supposed to fight chobin with robogroundon a second time.

43d3eb3c62[1].jpg

Not sure if you figured it out already but these errors aren't a big deal.  You'll notice you can click through them all and the game proceeds as normal.  If you would like to silence these error messages, you can do so by going to Options -> Configuration -> Interface Tab and unticking "Use Panic Handlers".  Just be aware that in the event of a crash it will be a little more difficult to determine what caused the crash.

7 hours ago, dontkillSif said:

Not sure if you figured it out already but these errors aren't a big deal.  You'll notice you can click through them all and the game proceeds as normal.  If you would like to silence these error messages, you can do so by going to Options -> Configuration -> Interface Tab and unticking "Use Panic Handlers".  Just be aware that in the event of a crash it will be a little more difficult to determine what caused the crash.

The reason why I posted it is because the game won't proceed as normal. The second robogroudon fight causes a crash with that as the error. Same with my other image of closecombat where you get stuck.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:05 PM, Hecto said:

Awesome, it's out!

Hey Stars, I plan to stream this new version, but I don't want to do it if possible bugs haven't yet been patched out and a new version is right around the corner. When do you think you will be making the new patch if there are any bugs? Not for a few months, just fix them all at once when you have time? Or will they be "hot fixes" in the coming weeks? If the latter, I'll hold off on streaming.

I should have a fix for the main bugs being mentioned here out today.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:32 PM, PinkOnion said:

Just having a brief look through most of the Pokemon and moves in the new documentation and I see you've removed Follow Me, is there a particular reason for that?

Also seeing a lot of semi-random things with Quiver Dance, like Machop and Spearow. Nidoran Male and Spearow also get Draco Meteor for some reason.

In general Nidoran Male's levelup moves seem to be a mix and match.

I'm seeing that Nidoran Male and Female get a Shadow move in it's level up set like Omanyte used to, at level 38 (Shadow Breeze).

Though I suppose none of this matters if we can't access these first forms, heh.

I'll continue looking and make a notepad file noting all of the things that are missing from the movesets and get back to you.

I had to remove follow me for wide guard due to technical limitations. I opted for wide guard because it meant I could be more liberal with moves like shadow shake which are OP. It also gives more options for protecting allies against moves like bulldoze and discharge which now hit your allies as well.

Pokemon that aren't obtainable in-game have weird movesets because it takes a lot of time to change all the movesets in the game. If, for example, I replaced the move focus energy with quiver dance then any pokemon that used to learn FE will now have have QD in that slot. I am working on changing them all eventually but since they don't matter unless thos pokemon are hacked in, it's a low priority.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:37 AM, Amaranthis said:

Version 1.07

When training in Mt battle I encountered in area 6 a trainer using primape using superpower. After the damage is inflicted the game gets stuck as the attack and defense won't drop (some kind of effect gets activated likely the drawback) everything keeps moving but since they effect never activates you can't do anything.

Another bug in 1.07: cant face the wild encounters in the cave pokespot. You get to know which pokemon is supposed to be encountered, but in the actual fight itself there is no opponent. You cant use attacks and cant use balls due to no opponent. By using call you can exit the battle however. 

Seems that when I try trading with Duncan he says I already traded with him and then the game gets stuck. I wonder if my issues are dolphin or Iso related. I hope someone can shed some light on it.

I know the AI can make some mistakes, but this protect spamming is pissing me off.

That primeape has close combat, not super power and close combat is bugged as we know. I'm not sure why it seems to show as superpower for you but superpower itself is not affected by the bug. I accidentally overwrote some of my code which caused a few of the new moves to be bugged and is also the reason robo groudon froze in the second battle as others mentioned. This is fixed in the upcoming update.

The cave pokespot and duking trade bugs were due to a small errors on my part but have been fixed as well.

The new  update will be compatible with 1.0.7 save files.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:44 AM, LiveWire-093 said:

Question, when loading through nintendont, do cheats need to be on?

Nope :-)

On 12/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, Michael Morningstar said:

Also, are you going to create a save editor for XG? I'm using PkmnGC tools for mine but every time I use it, some Pokemon like Electabuzz and Sableye, their special ability always change to Static and Prankster. Even I only just change the nature, it still changes their ability which frustrates me.

I reached out to the creator of the save editor to make it more flexible but he never replied. All of the stats and other data is hard coded so I thought it would be useful to be able to load that data from a text file instead. 

However, his source code is online so I can modify it. I'd have to release a new version every time I update any of that data in XG but at this point it's unlikely to change too much so it should be okay.

2 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

I should have a fix for the main bugs being mentioned here out today.

I had to remove follow me for wide guard due to technical limitations. I opted for wide guard because it meant I could be more liberal with moves like shadow shake which are OP. It also gives more options for protecting allies against moves like bulldoze and discharge which now hit your allies as well.

Pokemon that aren't obtainable in-game have weird movesets because it takes a lot of time to change all the movesets in the game. If, for example, I replaced the move focus energy with quiver dance then any pokemon that used to learn FE will now have have QD in that slot. I am working on changing them all eventually but since they don't matter unless thos pokemon are hacked in, it's a low priority.

That primeape has close combat, not super power and close combat is bugged as we know. I'm not sure why it seems to show as superpower for you but superpower itself is not affected by the bug. I accidentally overwrote some of my code which caused a few of the new moves to be bugged and is also the reason robo groudon froze in the second battle as others mentioned. This is fixed in the upcoming update.

The cave pokespot and duking trade bugs were due to a small errors on my part but have been fixed as well.

The new  update will be compatible with 1.0.7 save files.

Nope :-)

I reached out to the creator of the save editor to make it more flexible but he never replied. All of the stats and other data is hard coded so I thought it would be useful to be able to load that data from a text file instead. 

However, his source code is online so I can modify it. I'd have to release a new version every time I update any of that data in XG but at this point it's unlikely to change too much so it should be okay.

Do you got an estimate for this update? =O
Also loving this game so far, I am doing end game grinding, but I mean that's fine.
ALSO, I was happy to report how I find a random shiny Pokemon I trained up for my team.
I hope you continue more on this hack, and I'm going to use your Colosseum and XD Randomizer after =P

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.48.04 AM.png

6 hours ago, FlaresZ said:

Do you got an estimate for this update? =O
Also loving this game so far, I am doing end game grinding, but I mean that's fine.
ALSO, I was happy to report how I find a random shiny Pokemon I trained up for my team.
I hope you continue more on this hack, and I'm going to use your Colosseum and XD Randomizer after =P

It should be up in around 15 minutes. :-)

I have a lot planned for the future of XG so there's plenty more to look forward to.

3 hours ago, Hecto said:

Man, so hard working. Keep up the good work, Stars! Hope coursework treated you well.

Thanks G! Yeah the work was good. Had to rush out the previous version to focus on work so didn't catch the previous bugs but I'm glad they're at least sorted now.

v1.0.7-2 is now available for download. This fixes the major bugs reported in v1.0.7 and is fully compatible with v1.0.7 save files. Let me know if any other issues  come up. :-)

Edited by StarsMmd

On 16-12-2017 at 10:08 PM, StarsMmd said:

I have a lot planned for the future of XG so there's plenty more to look forward to.

Thanks G! Yeah the work was good. Had to rush out the previous version to focus on work so didn't catch the previous bugs but I'm glad they're at least sorted now.

v1.0.7-2 is now available for download. This fixes the major bugs reported in v1.0.7 and is fully compatible with v1.0.7 save files. Let me know if any other issues  come up. :-)

Will be starting from scratch again so its easier to find any bugs and etc.

Could you give small speak peak on what you are planning for XG? (somehow bringing back colosseum area's like the under and the cave?)

Hi quick question. I remember playing this game at the beginning of the year but stopped because the level gap was so hard to keep up with that I couldn't end up using a proper team of 6. My team was constantly scarcely underleveled unless I did hardcore training only to be underleveled soon again. Is this normal for anyone else? I want to pick up the game again if it isn't as hard as it was before 

1 hour ago, Gardiku said:

Hi quick question. I remember playing this game at the beginning of the year but stopped because the level gap was so hard to keep up with that I couldn't end up using a proper team of 6. My team was constantly scarcely underleveled unless I did hardcore training only to be underleveled soon again. Is this normal for anyone else? I want to pick up the game again if it isn't as hard as it was before 

I mostly had difficulties with miror b due to his early ludicolo's, same for outskirt stand fight where he'd have a drizzle politoed. Gonzap was hard but mostly due to being forced to fight a strong grunt right before without healing. Key lair is where the difficulty spike happened, not so with their encounters but with Gorrigan who dumped 50+ pokemons on me. Citadark is even worse.

Griding was annoying since I didnt want to try Mt Battle since I believed it contained a load of bugged moves. Meaning I only grinded in pyrite and the realgam.

Not sure if this has been talked about, but I may have found a bug with Mirror B. I'm currently at Cipher Key Lair, and Ludicolo is the only shadow I've missed, but he has yet to reappear. Every other time I miss a shadow, he appears pretty quickly. So, I don't know if I'm just unlucky or if it bugged out on me. Is there a way to fix this without starting over?

On 12/16/2017 at 4:08 PM, StarsMmd said:

Hey Stars, looks like there may still be an issue with Duking's trades. I tried trading a Chansey (Lvl 18, Party Slot 6) for a Quilava, and while Duking doesn't refuse the trade and immediately crash after, he now completes the trade and crashes once the textboxes clear. Shown below is the last successful message from Duking before the game soft-locks, followed by an admittedly useless screenshot of everything being frozen (Different attempts, ignore the different positioning of the models).

I play on Dolphin 5.0-5774 with Dual Core disabled to prevent other crashes. No error messages (Panic Handlers are enabled) appear during the softlock. 

Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!

Dolphin_2017-12-26_20-17-47.jpg

Dolphin_2017-12-26_20-15-06.jpg

Edited by TheYushu
Clarification on second screenshot

Hi, guys,

I'm new to downloading and playing roms, but this game on GameCube is one of my all-time favorites, so I thought'd I'd give it a try. But I can't get it to work for the life of me... I've downloaded the 1.07 link, as well as WinZip... What else do I do? How do I get the game to run? I have Dolphin as well, and I've tried every thing I can think of to get Dolphin to run the game files, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Can someone please walk me through this like I'm 5 from start to finish?

Thanks

11 hours ago, therealzef said:

hey, the game crashes every time i try to fight naps in the shadow pokemon lab with the latest patch. any fixes?

Only you have that issue I guess as I fought him without any issue on the new patch.

2 hours ago, EricB said:

Hi, guys,

I'm new to downloading and playing roms, but this game on GameCube is one of my all-time favorites, so I thought'd I'd give it a try. But I can't get it to work for the life of me... I've downloaded the 1.07 link, as well as WinZip... What else do I do? How do I get the game to run? I have Dolphin as well, and I've tried every thing I can think of to get Dolphin to run the game files, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Can someone please walk me through this like I'm 5 from start to finish?

Thanks

You need to do a few things.

First off read the original post.

Search for iso (has to be the one listed in the original post aka the US version) You might need to extract the iso using winrar or winzip

Download the patch from this site (take the 1.07-2 version) extract the files using winrar or winzip

Download Nups

in nups select the iso and apply the UPS patch ( you see 2 things, one is the file to patch select iso, other is the UPS patch grab that one from 1.07-2 folder then click patch)

Have an isofolder where dolphin reads its games from (go to dolphin config to pad and add your folder there (make sure you made it on your pc before trying to do it).)

Dump patched iso in said folder.

Start dolphin.

Go play

If you can't figure it out search for an dolphin installation guide on youtube.

Hey guys, finding out about this hack got me to try out an emulator for the first time and I really love the new shadow pokemon and difficulty changes. That being said I noticed a bug in Phenac city where the Red power ranger didn't drop a battle cd after I beat him (CD 19), though the rest of them did. I checked someones playthrough and the cd was there on that one, so maybe its just with the new patch? It might be unobtainable for me at this point but I don't really mind since it doesn't interfere with the storyline.

Also the main reason for this post is to ask if there's a way to go back to where you were if the game crashes, I had the game crash after I traded a chansey to duking (luckily I saved before), and also it crashed after battling the guy in front of the Phenac city poke-mart, so is there a way to keep unsaved gameplay if it were to crash again in the future?

Something here isn't all that right

.903c2948bf.jpg

Most definitly something is definitly not right here.

1db66a9e65.jpg

Also have the same issue with trading with Duking with a chansey, after the trade is done the game gets stuck. Feels like we aren't allowed to trade with him.

Just a question but do you need items for Seadra, Scyther and etc to evovle or the items? If you need the items where can you get them? And if its levels at what level do they evolve

Edited by Amaranthis

On 12/28/2017 at 5:41 AM, thestevesknees said:

Also the main reason for this post is to ask if there's a way to go back to where you were if the game crashes, I had the game crash after I traded a chansey to duking (luckily I saved before), and also it crashed after battling the guy in front of the Phenac city poke-mart, so is there a way to keep unsaved gameplay if it were to crash again in the future?

I'd say just be friendly with the save button.  It's a pokemon hack that is still a work in progress, and as things are changed/added to the game, expect there to also be bugs.  That being said this hack is very close to being complete, and is a great joy to play!