Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Awesome to hear a new update is coming!I've had to hold off on playing the game to far because of my extensive backlog but will move it up for sure after 1.0.7 is here.Thought it was funny how a certain girl kept using hashtags lol.The 1 problem i did have playing it was freezing at the purify chamber part but maybe that was just dolphins fault.

The download link for v1.0.7 has been adding to the original post. It's not 100% tested so do let me know if there are any bugs. I've also updated the change log with the rest of the new changes. As per usual, v1.0.7 requires a completely new save file.

I won't be working on new features for XG for a little while to focus on my studies but my next goals will be more post game content, getting overworld models for all pokespot pokemon and battle cds :-)

Edited by StarsMmd

4 minutes ago, Matiri said:

The change log for the new version says "sitrus berry heals 50% HP" and then near the end says "sitrus berry restores 25% HP". What's the difference? Or is one of the berries wrongly named there?

My error. It's just meant to be the 25% one :-)

12 hours ago, cbilby145 said:

Hi Stars, so i have a question now with the newest update (1.0.7) is it only for Mac?

The patch can be applied on any OS as long as you have a patching program like NUPS. 

3 hours ago, PinkOnion said:

So many new nice things, going to have to find some time outside of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to play the new version.

Yeah wish I could have got it out sooner. Still playing through USun myself!

Awesome, it's out!

Hey Stars, I plan to stream this new version, but I don't want to do it if possible bugs haven't yet been patched out and a new version is right around the corner. When do you think you will be making the new patch if there are any bugs? Not for a few months, just fix them all at once when you have time? Or will they be "hot fixes" in the coming weeks? If the latter, I'll hold off on streaming.

Hey there, Stars, it's really cool that you could make this awesome hack, let alone a hack of XD at all! Amazing stuff, man. I hope you've got more planned in the future. I'd love to play it myself, but it looks like there's an issue with patching the game, and that you have to have the same ISO you used in order for it to work properly. Would you mind sharing if this is even correct, and if it is, which website you got the ISO from? I have already tried using the first one down from Google, but haven't bothered with any other websites. Thanks in advance.

On 5/10/2017 at 12:12 AM, StarsMmd said:

I managed to catch it without any troubles on my wii u. So not sure of the cause. Someone else ran into a similar issue in the opening battle simulation though. Could you send me your dolphin memory card?

The previous user to have the issue said this "I don't know why, but every time I get to using the second move in the opening battle, just after I select it, I get the error message from Dolphin "Invalid read from 0x018a00c8, PC = 0x8013d034"

Apparently, the problem was fixed though:

"Just clearing the errors caused it to resume, sorry for any issues"

Maybe that helps?

With the new update, I think I'm getting this error too, albeit not the Cipher Lab one.

The second turn of each battle results in me having to close about 20 error tabs before it proceeds. I don't know what "clearing the errors" means nor can I find that after a few google searches. Using dolphin 5.0-5791; and I'd be willing to switch to another version if I knew how to transfer memory cards between versions, haha.

E: I disabled panic handlers, seems like this stops messages from popping up, but I'm hoping that later on this won't be an issue.

E2: Disabling panic handlers just created more ingame lag over several battles. I installed Dolphin 5.0 and seemingly I'm not getting the error anymore(w/ my memory card settings saved.)

Edited by Nuxl

I've been trying to patch this onto my ISO all morning and it keeps saying "The patch doesn't match the file. Patch cancelled." is there anyway to fix this? Did i do something wrong? I downloaded the 1st ISO from the top in google and still can't get it to patch. I even attempted to download 3 other ISO's to make sure it wasn't just me and still no dice. If someone could tell me what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Slayerspear

Just having a brief look through most of the Pokemon and moves in the new documentation and I see you've removed Follow Me, is there a particular reason for that?

Also seeing a lot of semi-random things with Quiver Dance, like Machop and Spearow. Nidoran Male and Spearow also get Draco Meteor for some reason.

In general Nidoran Male's levelup moves seem to be a mix and match.

I'm seeing that Nidoran Male and Female get a Shadow move in it's level up set like Omanyte used to, at level 38 (Shadow Breeze).

Though I suppose none of this matters if we can't access these first forms, heh.

I'll continue looking and make a notepad file noting all of the things that are missing from the movesets and get back to you.

Edited by PinkOnion
Amendments

Version 1.07

When training in Mt battle I encountered in area 6 a trainer using primape using superpower. After the damage is inflicted the game gets stuck as the attack and defense won't drop (some kind of effect gets activated likely the drawback) everything keeps moving but since they effect never activates you can't do anything.

Another bug in 1.07: cant face the wild encounters in the cave pokespot. You get to know which pokemon is supposed to be encountered, but in the actual fight itself there is no opponent. You cant use attacks and cant use balls due to no opponent. By using call you can exit the battle however. 3ObpIHk.png

Seems that when I try trading with Duncan he says I already traded with him and then the game gets stuck. I wonder if my issues are dolphin or Iso related. I hope someone can shed some light on it.

I know the AI can make some mistakes, but this protect spamming is pissing me off.

Edited by Amaranthis
bugs

1 hour ago, FlaresZ said:

So I wanted to not only say I've enjoyed it so far, but that close combat is bugged. Whenever it hits, it soft locks the game into looking like this.

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 10.12.52 AM.png

For me it superpower in mt battle. Close combat worked for me, perhaps the problem lays with mt battle?

Tried using superpower myself out of mt battle and it doesnt get stuck, likely they same with closecombat. Guess that means moves that drop own attack and defence after damage wont work in mt battle.

#flaresz: can you tell me when you reach pokespots if you can encounter pokemon in cave spot?

Edited by Amaranthis

35 minutes ago, Amaranthis said:

For me it superpower in mt battle. Close combat worked for me, perhaps the problem lays with mt battle?

Tried using superpower myself out of mt battle and it doesnt get stuck, likely they same with closecombat. Guess that means moves that drop own attack and defence after damage wont work in mt battle.

#flaresz: can you tell me when you reach pokespots if you can encounter pokemon in cave spot?

I wasn't able to when I updated but I can try and see
Although others seem to note you cannot catch Pokemon in the Cave Poke Spot

Edited by FlaresZ

14 minutes ago, FlaresZ said:

I wasn't able to when I updated but I can try and see
Although others seem to note you cannot catch Pokemon in the Cave Poke Spot

Was wondering if it was just me.

Also it seems that you the second battle with robogroundon is bugged, you get loads of error messages after finishing your moves. Guess you aren't supposed to fight chobin with robogroundon a second time.

43d3eb3c62[1].jpg

13 hours ago, Amaranthis said:

Close Combat is bugged in general, I tried having my Azumarill use it, and the same bug happened.