Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

3 hours ago, ThorianGaming said:

Hey guys, Quick question. When playing the game i have no problems really with the game other then the emulation slows down majorly in the cipher lab and in agate village. Is anyone else experiencing this or do i need better graphics?

Not sure about the lab, but Agate Village does tend to tax my emulator a bit, too, maybe a few small slowdowns, and I have an Nvidia 970. The worst is when you do a purification ceremony at the village center. Other than that, though, it's fine. Could be a graphics setting? But it happens so rarely that I don't bother looking for possible solutions.

21 hours ago, SirLoin4 said:

Hey, if I wanted to play this on Nintendo Wii, would I need to use Nintendon't or something?

Yes, I've tried it. Remember though that just like Dolphin, your memory card will read XG's saves as vanilla XD save files, keep that in mind when saving your game.

On 10/16/2017 at 12:25 AM, Hecto said:

Not sure about the lab, but Agate Village does tend to tax my emulator a bit, too, maybe a few small slowdowns, and I have an Nvidia 970. The worst is when you do a purification ceremony at the village center. Other than that, though, it's fine. Could be a graphics setting? But it happens so rarely that I don't bother looking for possible solutions.

Yeah so far its only been the agate city center and the lab, like...The further down i go the worse it gets

On 10/1/2017 at 7:22 PM, sepe310 said:

Hi so is Version 1.0.7 released yet? I am just curious and also is there a way to update my game save from 1.0.4 to 1.0.7?

Sorry, it will still be a little longer. I have a few more things I'd like to add to flesh out the game a bit more. I resumed university a couple of weeks ago as well so haven't had as much time as I'd like.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:51 AM, dontkillSif said:

You didn't up the catch rate of that shadow lugia, did you? 0_-  And wow, 1.0.4 to 1.0.7 :o  Why the 3 version jump, if you don't mind answering?

Glad to see that you're still working on this mod after like a year or more since you started it.<3

Shadow Lugia was kept low. It's a bigger jump because there are going to be quite a few changes. It was originally just bug fixes but now there's also new content. 

Each time I look at the code, I find something new and I just think to myself "hmm, how can I use this to make the game better?" and then end up spending a week on a new feature. I can't help it.

On 10/16/2017 at 12:00 AM, SirLoin4 said:

Hey, if I wanted to play this on Nintendo Wii, would I need to use Nintendon't or something?

Yes, I'd definitely recommend playing on nintendon't. There aren't too many other options and there's no way to play it without homebrew software like nintendon't.

On 10/16/2017 at 3:13 AM, ThorianGaming said:

Hey guys, Quick question. When playing the game i have no problems really with the game other then the emulation slows down majorly in the cipher lab and in agate village. Is anyone else experiencing this or do i need better graphics?

You can try playing around with the graphics settings in Dolphin to see what works best. You can also try Dolphin 5 if you aren't already on it.

16 hours ago, ThorianGaming said:

So continuing on to what I brought up. The lag will disappear, but the text jumble up and glitch out, which isnt game breaking for me. I just wanted to bring it up and show you

GXXE01-5.png

This is a bug when emulating XD on Dolphin. All you need to do is change one of the settings.

Go to: Options > Graphics Settings > Hacks and slide the "Texture Cache" slider to "Safe".

On 10/16/2017 at 9:08 PM, Solomon07 said:

I think I got both, using the (U) that was right besides the Game File stands for (US).

If it says the files don't match then it means you may have a slightly different version of the ISO to the one I used. They have to match exactly. Make sure it's the US version and hasn't been trimmed or anything like that.

Hellooo

I just wanted to aks something... I know that there arent any overwolrd sprites for the new wild pokemon at the pokemon spots.

But i cant do anything when the battle starts. I can change my active pokemon or use "call" but all that does is ending the battle..

Thanks in advance !

On 10/31/2017 at 5:12 PM, GamingAori said:

I look every day if you finally released 1.0.7, yeah I'm really hyped for it. Why did you add v-create? which pokemon will learn it? I mean it's a victini only move or will you adding pokemon with costum models in the future? 

Yeah man I been checking every day too!  Can't wait for the update <3

On 10/24/2017 at 6:19 PM, Moojay said:

Hellooo

I just wanted to aks something... I know that there arent any overwolrd sprites for the new wild pokemon at the pokemon spots.

But i cant do anything when the battle starts. I can change my active pokemon or use "call" but all that does is ending the battle..

Thanks in advance !

That's not supposed to happen. Which version is that on and do you have any AR codes on?

On 10/24/2017 at 10:20 PM, MCG_Raven said:

where would i get the Lucky Egg before Citadark Island?

Wild Chansey's at pokespots hold them. :-)

On 10/28/2017 at 4:38 PM, Xeno1023 said:

so i patched my game my old file was on version .96 and im on 1.04 now. i checked my mons and my metangs exp bar was beyond the limitimage.thumb.png.c20c611b167e4af55eeeaa447ff226c1.png is there a way to fix this?.

Somewhere along the line I changed the exp rate for the beldum evolution line to make them easier to level up. That means the exact exp requirements for each level are different. There will be a lot of inconsistencies when using old saves on new versions.

On 10/31/2017 at 9:12 PM, GamingAori said:

I look every day if you finally released 1.0.7, yeah I'm really hyped for it. Why did you add v-create? which pokemon will learn it? I mean it's a victini only move or will you adding pokemon with costum models in the future? 

There is an event rayquaza that also learns v-create. ;-)

12 hours ago, eskimo111 said:

Does anyone know where I can find the macho brace? Caught a Raiku want to Ev train it.

Best hack can't wait for the next update.

I think I took it out but will look into putting it back in somewhere

9 hours ago, dontkillSif said:

Yeah man I been checking every day too!  Can't wait for the update <3

I've been spreading my time between testing the new version and working on the hack tools. I think 1.0.7 should be mostly okay and I've fixed the bad kinds of bugs which crash the game. It's not 100% tested but I'll attempt to upload it soon and hopefully not too many bugs crop up.

On the bright side, I've put in the foundational work so I can do some cool stuff in the future. I'm looking into adding more post game content and quests so I've been making sure my tools are powerful enough to facilitate this. 

• Like 2