Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Idk if this is intentional, but life orb deals damage even when the attack isn't successful, ie. if asleep, frozen, flinch, or lightning rod.

What exactly are the mechanics of Outrage? I get that it targets randomly, but I seem to be able to choose other moves on turns 2 and 3.

Is Orre Colosseum as difficult as the Mt Battle battle against Stars? Because that was a really good party, solid strategy, and seemed to have EV trained Pokemon. That would make Orre Colosseum an excellent post game.

Would be good if move relearner could reteach moves the Pokemon has when you catch it but not naturally.

Also, and this is just the way the ability works, but it's pretty silly that mega launcher doesn't power up hydro pump.

For the life of me I can't seem to catch Kyogre. I have him down at like 3 HP, paralyzed, and Net Ball, but he escapes after the first shake.

Edited by monkey11

12 hours ago, monkey11 said:

Idk if this is intentional, but life orb deals damage even when the attack isn't successful, ie. if asleep, frozen, flinch, or lightning rod.

What exactly are the mechanics of Outrage? I get that it targets randomly, but I seem to be able to choose other moves on turns 2 and 3.

Is Orre Colosseum as difficult as the Mt Battle battle against Stars? Because that was a really good party, solid strategy, and seemed to have EV trained Pokemon. That would make Orre Colosseum an excellent post game.

Would be good if move relearner could reteach moves the Pokemon has when you catch it but not naturally.

Also, and this is just the way the ability works, but it's pretty silly that mega launcher doesn't power up hydro pump.

For the life of me I can't seem to catch Kyogre. I have him down at like 3 HP, paralyzed, and Net Ball, but he escapes after the first shake.

The life orb error is something I'm working on. There are quite a few cases to consider and I always seem to find more but I'll get them all sorted out.

I have no idea why outrage doesn't work as intended. It might just be a weird pokemon colo/xd thing. Like thief and knock off are broken in those games. Or it could just be how it works in gen III double battles. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Orre colosseum is all fully competitive teams so it can be fairly challenging depending on your preparation. Most trainers have a certain theme or archetype to their teams and some rounds have repeating themes, e.g. team snagem use a lot of dark types. You'll want to prepare differently for different rounds. It isn't balanced around legendaries though so they probably make things quite easy but other than that you will need to play smartly.

The unique moves on shadow pokemon are a nice little bonus for purifying them and in terms of lore have been forced onto the pokemon as part of the process to filling their hearts with hatred. It makes them more special if you can't teach them normally. Finally, just based on how the game was programmed I wouldn't have the ability to make that possible anyway :)

I did actually make a few more moves compatible with mega launcher. I considered hydro pump but it would make blastoise a little too broken.

Kyogre's catch rate was actually increased a little I think so you're just getting unlucky there :)

11 minutes ago, monkey11 said:

What are all the mega launcher compatible moves?

I swear I tried to catch Kyogre in that state about 50 times. Going to try again, this time freezing it...

I change things around a lot so this might not be 100% accurate in your version but my code says:

Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Light Pulse, Fire Blast, Zap Cannon, Water Gatling, Octazooka, Rock Blast, Water Pulse, Shadow Pulse

I believe in the documentation the mega launcher moves should be detailed. :)

Just an update for anyone following the project. I am still actively working on the next update. First there will be a small update with mostly bug fixes and balances. The changes which I have completed so far include:

• heal before battle with rider willie and heal before snagem boss
  • sucker punch programmed properly
  • taunt lasts 4 turns
  • tailwind lasts 4 turns
  • aura filter grants immunity to shadow sky
  • sand force/rush grant immunity to sandstorm
  • fixed magic bounce switching the move you selected
  • fixed the ability skill link not activating
  • shadow shake doesn’t hit foes in the air
  • fixed farfetch’d in wrong battle bingo card
  • corrected various TM descriptions
  • fixed battle bingo rewards
  • items give greater happiness boosts
  • rage mode damage boost to 30%
  • shadow hunter/slayer get a further 50% boost against shadow pokemon
  • sitrus berry heals 50% HP
  • added the move hex
  • reduced use of fake moves

I have also officially begun working on Battle CDs. They will take a little bit longer since I am planning to redesign most of them from scratch. I have done 10% so far though so progress is being made. :)

49 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Just an update for anyone following the project. I am still actively working on the next update. First there will be a small update with mostly bug fixes and balances. The changes which I have completed so far include:

• heal before battle with rider willie and heal before snagem boss
  • sucker punch programmed properly
  • taunt lasts 4 turns
  • tailwind lasts 4 turns
  • aura filter grants immunity to shadow sky
  • sand force/rush grant immunity to sandstorm
  • fixed magic bounce switching the move you selected
  • fixed the ability skill link not activating
  • shadow shake doesn’t hit foes in the air
  • fixed farfetch’d in wrong battle bingo card
  • corrected various TM descriptions
  • fixed battle bingo rewards
  • items give greater happiness boosts
  • rage mode damage boost to 30%
  • shadow hunter/slayer get a further 50% boost against shadow pokemon
  • sitrus berry heals 50% HP
  • added the move hex
  • reduced use of fake moves

I have also officially begun working on Battle CDs. They will take a little bit longer since I am planning to redesign most of them from scratch. I have done 10% so far though so progress is being made. :)

Sounds good, I've been pretty busy lately so I've not really had any time to continue the playthrough I was doing, but I'll get back to it eventually.

1. Snorlax uses Rest

2. Next turn, Snorlax uses Sleep Talk > Curse

3. Next turn, Snorlax uses Sleep Talk > Giga Impact

4. Next turn, other Pokemon kills both oppo's Pokemon. Snorlax's turn is skipped and it stays asleep!

Where can I buy/get more PP Ups?

Poison Jab and Megahorn weren't super effective against Lugia... Neither was Sludge Bomb. It's strange because Shadow Ball was super effective before.

OK so it seems Ghost moves are still super effective.

Edited by monkey11

On 7/17/2017 at 2:48 PM, PinkOnion said:

Sounds good, I've been pretty busy lately so I've not really had any time to continue the playthrough I was doing, but I'll get back to it eventually.

I'm looking forward to it :)

On 7/20/2017 at 4:18 AM, monkey11 said:

Roost isn't removing Flying type.

I'm working on it for the next update ;)

5 hours ago, monkey11 said:

1. Snorlax uses Rest

2. Next turn, Snorlax uses Sleep Talk > Curse

3. Next turn, Snorlax uses Sleep Talk > Giga Impact

4. Next turn, other Pokemon kills both oppo's Pokemon. Snorlax's turn is skipped and it stays asleep!

Where can I buy/get more PP Ups?

That's a weird bug. I guess there was no target so it just skipped the turn entirely. You find some pp ups around the region in item boxes from time to time. You can try a pokemon XD guide or FAQ or something.

4 hours ago, monkey11 said:

Poison Jab and Megahorn weren't super effective against Lugia... Neither was Sludge Bomb. It's strange because Shadow Ball was super effective before.

OK so it seems Ghost moves are still super effective.

Poison and bug aren't supposed to be super effective against lugia. Poison is neutral against both flying and psychic. Bug is super effective against psychic but resisted by flying so they cancel out to neutral damage. :)

Some other questions/issues:

Hypnosis was effective against a Dark Pokemon. IDK if that's intended.

Is there a TM for Light Screen? The docu says it's in the Pyrite jail, but it's not. It's TM 46. In XD, 46 is Thief, and isn't in the game at all.

Regi Bomb hits both oppos. On each hit, ATK/DEF drops for user, so they drop twice. Is this intended?

My poke uses trick room. Oppo sends out poke whose trickster activates. Then I use trick room again. I would think at this point the order would be reverse speeds, but it's normal. Why is that? I may just not understand trick mechanics.

My poke uses trick room. On the last turn (before it expires), my poke uses trick room. It would normally go at the beginning (super low speed), but for some reason it goes at the end.

Trick room seems to only last for 4 full turns (ie. not including the turn it is used). Is that intended? I assume that in the turn it is used, the effect does not occur.

My poke uses Curse a few times. I haven't really tested this, but I get the feeling that it's ATK isn't actually being boosted. I just wanted to throw that out there and see if that's a known issue. Might just be my imagination.

Edited by monkey11

Hello. Just made an account for this topic! Pokemon XD is my childhood and I just recently learned that you are actually actively developing a hack for my favorite game of all time! Just saying that I am watching your work and really hyped for any changes that may come in the future! Love you for your works mate.

Also, a question if possible to be answered! Do you plan (or is it possible, perhaps) to change the AI to be more difficult? I would really love for this game to be very difficult or at least come with the options to change the difficulty of the AI. If that were possible alongside randomizers and other neat features, I could see a future where a lot of people would do tonnes of challenge runs. Just a suggestion/idea. Keep up the good work and I will be actively observing.

1 minute ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

@StarsMmd OK so I restarted the game to have another round and I came across zook's zangoose in gateon port. Would it remain shiny till the next time I see him?

Pretty sure the Shadow Pokemon re-randomize every time they're sent out, so I'm pretty sure it won't be shiny next time, unless you're lucky.

Just now, jumpylaxs123 said:

@PinkOnion I mean after zook fought one of the brothers 

That's what I'm saying, it re-randomizes each time you battle with any NPC in the game, it's never locked in, even if you re-fight the same trainer multiple times, except in certain cases, like a certain Pokemon in the Shadow Lab.

I know I had trouble with a battle, ended up retrying and a Shiny popped out.

Holy, mothballs. I just wanted to say that I discovered this hack about a year ago and I love how far it's come. Thanks so much for your hard work and I'm looking forward to a potential Colosseum one in the same vein! 

(Also, are Shadow Pokemons' heart gauges supposed to be going down super quick?) 

Hey 
first of all sorry for my bad english and now to my question.
Whatever i download i only get .gcm files from pkm xd and want to ask if there is any way to apply the patch to this file because whenever i patch it with ignore with NUPS it shut down dolphin at the start of the emulation.
Also i dont know if its allowed to ask is somebody has a page where u can download a iso and not a gcm cause i really looking forward to play this interesting game.

Zapdos entered, Drizzle activated, used Hurricane, but it missed. Isn't it supposed to always hit in rain?

Also, I'm not sure that Sand Rush is working properly... Moltres, Articuno, Tyranitar, and Flygon all entered. So weather changed from nothing to sun to hail to sand. But the turn order was Moltres, Articuno, Flygon, Tyranitar. I would think that Flygon would go first, with a doubled speed. Flygon is about 10 levels lower, but I wouldn't think there'd be that much of a gap.

Also, I've been waiting a while for the final battle with Miror B. Longer than I normally have to wait for the radar to go off. Is it supposed to be like that?

Another weird thing: Registeel used Curse 2 times and so is going first when Trick Room is on. But then Trick Room expires, and it still goes before Dusclops (same level). Dusclops is super slow, but its Speed stat is not less than half of Registeel's.

Edited by monkey11