Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

wow! this update looks really good! am really excited to play.

question: i think we discussed this, but have you looked into the save editor? probably not a high priority thing right now, but could be interesting for stuff like orre colosseum. thanks in advance [:

19 minutes ago, Nuxl said:

question: i think we discussed this, but have you looked into the save editor? probably not a high priority thing right now, but could be interesting for stuff like orre colosseum. thanks in advance [:

The save editor for the original Gale of Darkness works with XG's save files, though of course, some data will look out of place, like abilities not being what they've been changed to, as well as base stats.

Just now, PinkOnion said:

The save editor for the original Gale of Darkness works with XG's save files, though of course, some data will look out of place, like abilities not being what they've been changed to, as well as base stats.

righto. i'm aware of that, but the base stat changes and ability reversions for some pokemon is a little unsettling to me. although the source code(or a branch) could be updated with XG's data I think, either by parsing it into the format or by manual editing haha.

3 minutes ago, Nuxl said:

righto. i'm aware of that, but the base stat changes and ability reversions for some pokemon is a little unsettling to me. although the source code(or a branch) could be updated with XG's data I think, either by parsing it into the format or by manual editing haha.

Right, right, my bad, I figured out what you were meaning just after I replied, it would certainly be nice to have on hand specifically for Orre, so you can test lots of team builds.

5 hours ago, Nuxl said:

I can definitely do it. However, it'll be a tiny little bit of work and I'd have to redo it for each update of XG since all the data is currently hard coded. I've reached out to it's creator @Tux for help with making it easier to customise. Even if that doesn't work out I'll just do it the hard way. :)

Nuzlocking through right now, bit of a challenge! Finished ONBS with two deaths total. Mainly posting to report a bug: as wild Pokemon are so averse I played the rule that you can only use the first 10 snacks- in this I caught an Omanyte which had a shadow move. Is this intentional?

Edited by Nuxl

41 minutes ago, Nuxl said:

Nuzlocking through right now, bit of a challenge! Finished ONBS with two deaths total. Mainly posting to report a bug: as wild Pokemon are so averse I played the rule that you can only use the first 10 snacks- in this I caught an Omanyte which had a shadow move. Is this intentional?

Whoops. I'll have that fixed up for the next update. I'll also ran some code to scan through and make sure no other pokemon have shadow moves in their movesets. Omanyte was the only one. Shadow Shake was a very late addition and I forgot to double check whichever move it replaced had been removed properly. You should be able to delete it and teach another move if you wish to do so.

P.S. Good luck on your nuzlocke! Let me know how it goes. I'm planning to do mine soon as well. XG is pretty tough though so watch out!

What ruleset did you settle on in the end?

wanted to report a bug i found that i hadn't seen in the known bug list, and ask for some advice!

aurora veil (and the shadow version of it) appear to have 0 PP and are unable to be used? i figured they might autoactivate, but i wasn't sure and wanted to ask!

and on the note of advice, i'm having a lot of problems with 

Spoiler

Troy and his Kyogre/Zapdos.

the catch rate is EXTREMELY low on both of them and both are extremely powerful, and i'm even on level and i can't contend with them at all. any pokemon i should possibly powerlevel/advice for the battle? thanks!

update: caught none of the shadows (lol) but Dusclops is a GOD and clutched it for me :)

Edited by wakeandblake

2 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

Whoops. I'll have that fixed up for the next update. I'll also ran some code to scan through and make sure no other pokemon have shadow moves in their movesets. Omanyte was the only one. Shadow Shake was a very late addition and I forgot to double check whichever move it replaced had been removed properly. You should be able to delete it and teach another move if you wish to do so.

P.S. Good luck on your nuzlocke! Let me know how it goes. I'm planning to do mine soon as well. XG is pretty tough though so watch out!

What ruleset did you settle on in the end?

Ah, cool! Good to know. I don't plan on using it right now but I'll take care of that if I get to it.

For the nuzlocke rules, I expected XG to be challenging so I allowed catching of all shadows(and I'm not releasing things, so I'm keeping them for orre later hopefully.). 

I allowed catching from pokespots using only the first 10 you find(as I'm still doing a "blind" playthrough, I'm using snacks still but just not going to use them for purify chamber nor on the playthrough.). I also allowed a maximum cap of two shadows per party, but I ended up keeping a lot of shadows from catch(e.g I intentionally kept Bagon shadow until the end of Shadow Lab and Ludicolo until the end of ONBS.). I got blessed with some good natures and I'm using a team I didn't expect I'd be using. It's going pretty well, only two deaths, and I'm attempting not to overgrind.

4 hours ago, Nuxl said:

Ah, cool! Good to know. I don't plan on using it right now but I'll take care of that if I get to it.

For the nuzlocke rules, I expected XG to be challenging so I allowed catching of all shadows(and I'm not releasing things, so I'm keeping them for orre later hopefully.). 

I allowed catching from pokespots using only the first 10 you find(as I'm still doing a "blind" playthrough, I'm using snacks still but just not going to use them for purify chamber nor on the playthrough.). I also allowed a maximum cap of two shadows per party, but I ended up keeping a lot of shadows from catch(e.g I intentionally kept Bagon shadow until the end of Shadow Lab and Ludicolo until the end of ONBS.). I got blessed with some good natures and I'm using a team I didn't expect I'd be using. It's going pretty well, only two deaths, and I'm attempting not to overgrind.

Sounds good. Have there been any particular challenges so far?

19 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Sounds good. Have there been any particular challenges so far?

Yeah, there were a few.

-Instantly caught the first Pikachu so I didn't run into an issue there. 

-Shadow Misdreavus kept spamming Shadow Scream onto my Beedrill and Bagon, which only did around 5 damage each, so I assumed it was fine, then it used shadow bully 5 turns later and killed Bagon.

-Lovrina was interesting primarily because Shadow Beedrill ended up not getting a poison type move. Took a while, wasn't really too hard as I had intimidate spam from Mightyena and Electrike.

-Miror B battle was interesting because surf and shadow surf spam killed anything that didn't resist it. I used Shroomish and Clefairy as my two shadows, but then when attempting to status the Ludicolo, Shroomish took a Shadow Swim + Surf and then entered Rage mode so I couldn't heal it. Caught the Ludicolo next turn.

-Pyrite Colosseum made me drop a lot of my team members because they weren't able to do much. Aerodactyl and Porygon2 were the only ones who could carry hard. 

-Found a level 11 Dratini, it kept spamming Dragon Rage as I had no fairies, so I had to kill it as everyone was 2HKOd. ):

-Shadow Mawile battle haxed me really hard. Missed a lot of moves and suffered attack drops from Shadow Fang as well as low damage rolls.

-Hardest part is finding a solid team! I want to use so much but you can only take 6 with you. I kinda secretly hope I get lucked so I have the opportunity to use more stuff. Phenac will be interesting as I like a lot of stuff there unlike ONBS, really.

Edited by Nuxl

12 hours ago, Nuxl said:

Yeah, there were a few.

Reveal hidden contents

-Instantly caught the first Pikachu so I didn't run into an issue there. 

-Shadow Misdreavus kept spamming Shadow Scream onto my Beedrill and Bagon, which only did around 5 damage each, so I assumed it was fine, then it used shadow bully 5 turns later and killed Bagon.

-Lovrina was interesting primarily because Shadow Beedrill ended up not getting a poison type move. Took a while, wasn't really too hard as I had intimidate spam from Mightyena and Electrike.

-Miror B battle was interesting because surf and shadow surf spam killed anything that didn't resist it. I used Shroomish and Clefairy as my two shadows, but then when attempting to status the Ludicolo, Shroomish took a Shadow Swim + Surf and then entered Rage mode so I couldn't heal it. Caught the Ludicolo next turn.

-Pyrite Colosseum made me drop a lot of my team members because they weren't able to do much. Aerodactyl and Porygon2 were the only ones who could carry hard. 

-Found a level 11 Dratini, it kept spamming Dragon Rage as I had no fairies, so I had to kill it as everyone was 2HKOd. ):

-Shadow Mawile battle haxed me really hard. Missed a lot of moves and suffered attack drops from Shadow Fang as well as low damage rolls.

-Hardest part is finding a solid team! I want to use so much but you can only take 6 with you. I kinda secretly hope I get lucked so I have the opportunity to use more stuff. Phenac will be interesting as I like a lot of stuff there unlike ONBS, really.

It really does sound tough but at least it seems doable so far and there are a lot of good shadow pokemon to choose from at least!

@StarsMmd I've noticed that Gloom has higher stats than Vileplume for the most part, I assume that's just because of the Gloom guy in the Snagem Hideout, but is that intentional?

Gloom is 110/65/75/85/75/40

Vileplume is 123/55/54/95/73/30

Stream will also be going up shortly, I've decided on a team for the most part. (Ended)

Stream's going up again as of 11am GMT, Sunday.

Edited by PinkOnion

Stream will be going live in about an hour, that's Thursday, 4:50PM GMT.

@StarsMmd

Ran into a glitch in the Battle Bingo Card 3, which a Farfetch'd used Volt Tackle in, Row 3, Column 4, pretty sure that's meant to be a Raichu or something.

Also, ran into a bug with Surf, involving Water Absorb.

Say the layout is Mew top, Yanma Bottom, Poliwrath Enemy Top, Politoed Enemy Bottom.

Politoed used Surf, it hit Mew, got absorbed by Poliwrath and stopped, not hitting Yanma.

Edited by PinkOnion

Aurora Veil's PP is 0...

Also Chobin is extremely overlevelled at that point of the game. Went from Level 34 or so in Phenac City to Level 45 and Level 50 RoboGroudon. Then at the Snagem Hideout, they barely reach Level 40. 

Edited by Aura Flare Riolu
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 6:42 PM, PinkOnion said:

@StarsMmd I've noticed that Gloom has higher stats than Vileplume for the most part, I assume that's just because of the Gloom guy in the Snagem Hideout, but is that intentional?

Gloom is 110/65/75/85/75/40

Vileplume is 123/55/54/95/73/30

Ah, I had buffed both of them but then felt they were broken so I nerfed vileplume but forgot to nerf gloom as well. Will fix that for the next update :)

On 5/30/2017 at 7:17 PM, PinkOnion said:

Stream will be going live in about an hour, that's Thursday, 4:50PM GMT.

@StarsMmd

Ran into a glitch in the Battle Bingo Card 3, which a Farfetch'd used Volt Tackle in, Row 3, Column 4, pretty sure that's meant to be a Raichu or something.

Also, ran into a bug with Surf, involving Water Absorb.

Say the layout is Mew top, Yanma Bottom, Poliwrath Enemy Top, Politoed Enemy Bottom.

Politoed used Surf, it hit Mew, got absorbed by Poliwrath and stopped, not hitting Yanma.

Farfetch'd had been replaced with a buffed version of pikachu which I'd used to make Eagun/Ash a bit tougher. I've since removed it in favour of putting the light ball (which I've updated to work as it does in later gens) on regular pikachu. I thought I'd caught all the old ones but missed battle bingo. Will get that fixed.

As for the bug with surf I'm not sure I can do much about it with my current knowledge of the game but hopefully it's not too common. Do you know if the same happens with storm drain

19 hours ago, Aura Flare Riolu said:

Aurora Veil's PP is 0...

Also Chobin is extremely overlevelled at that point of the game. Went from Level 34 or so in Phenac City to Level 45 and Level 50 RoboGroudon. Then at the Snagem Hideout, they barely reach Level 40. 

Yeah the pp was a mistake on my part which will be fixed in a later update.

As for Robogroudon, it's a 6 v 1 battle so the level is necessary to make the battle more menacing.

Sorry for the late responses everyone. I have one last university project for the year. I'll be done in a week :)

Sorry to suddenly dip out on my work on the app @StarsMmd, things got busy again. Hopefully I'll have a chance to look at the app again this summer..

Found some time to start the new version recently and am blown away as always.

A couple things I've noticed so far:

• It looks like Surf and Shadow Swim hit all 3 other Pokemon on the field, but Discharge does not.
  • The TM description for Acrobatics appears to be the description for Fake Out.
  • The first trainer with a Shadow in Phenac (Julie) has a Golbat with Fake Out--but it doesn't look like there's a way for Golbat to learn Fake Out.

Having an awesome time so far, this mod is really becoming polished.

Is there a list of all the obtainable Pokémon and when they can be caught?

I like to plan my squad before I satart a pokemon game and I've looked for over an hour now trough the forum, but couldn't find anything.

Would be nice if someone could help me out :)

I'm so hyped for this hack, cause the Nintendo Direct today was disapointing as hell. Pokemon XG seems like the game they havn't anounced :) 

3 hours ago, drizzletoed said:

It looks like Surf and Shadow Swim hit all 3 other Pokemon on the field, but Discharge does not.

no don't tell him

53 minutes ago, Dekadent said:

Is there a list of all the obtainable Pokémon and when they can be caught?

check the documentation in the download, it's got everything you need to know and more

2 hours ago, Dio_Vento said:

I'm doing a Let's Play of this, really enjoying it so far. Episodes once per day at noon!

The starter Beldum is guaranteed shiny, right?

Yes, it is, it's meant to mimic the event we got at the start of ORAS, the Steven Beldum. Some of the shinies in the Gamecube games have some janky colourations for some reason.

Edited by PinkOnion