Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Hey man just wanted to say I played 0.9.7 all the way through last summer and loved it. Checked back a few days ago to find 1.0.1 and put 10 hours into a save, and now I see that 1.0.3 is coming out so I guess it's time for yet another new one haha. Really glad you're putting so much work into this game because GoD is one of my favorite games ever. Keep up the good work man :)

4 hours ago, spiri7omb said:

Hey man just wanted to say I played 0.9.7 all the way through last summer and loved it. Checked back a few days ago to find 1.0.1 and put 10 hours into a save, and now I see that 1.0.3 is coming out so I guess it's time for yet another new one haha. Really glad you're putting so much work into this game because GoD is one of my favorite games ever. Keep up the good work man :)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really glad to get to share one of my favourite games with everyone. :)

v1.0.3 is now available for download. 

For some reason i have an issue with the game freezing in the beginning of the game while battling the gardevoir. The game freezes once i use bullet punch the 2nd turn and cant move on through the game what do i do? I currently have dolphin 5.0 and the latest patch  v1.3.0

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by jumpylaxs123

1 hour ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

For some reason i have an issue with the game freezing in the beginning of the game while battling the gardevoir. The game freezes once i use bullet punch the 2nd turn and cant move on through the game what do i do? I currently have dolphin 5.0 and the latest patch  v1.3.0

Screenshot_4.png

I had similar issues like this with the newest version of Dolphin 5, but I never got these issues when using the version I had for the old save months back, which is 4.0.9442.

If you can stand this message appearing constantly in Dolphin 5, you should be able to spam Retry or Ignore(forget which) to eventually pass it, though it will pop up each turn.

Hope this helps.

Hi.

First I'd like to say this is a Fantastic mod! i've been playing it on my Wii starting in the last week and have been loving it. I just finished the first major portion in Phenac city and love what you did with the boss fight there. I've also had no problems on the Wii, once i got the Iso to load correctly.

Question: Is the version you just released (1.0.3) save-compatible with 1.0.2 or 1.0.1? I really don't want to start over but I'd really like the new content also.

Edited by Epzilon
clairification

10 hours ago, Epzilon said:

Hi.

First I'd like to say this is a Fantastic mod! i've been playing it on my Wii starting in the last week and have been loving it. I just finished the first major portion in Phenac city and love what you did with the boss fight there. I've also had no problems on the Wii, once i got the Iso to load correctly.

Question: Is the version you just released (1.0.3) save-compatible with 1.0.2 or 1.0.1? I really don't want to start over but I'd really like the new content also.

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Unfortunately the save files aren't compatible between versions. While they aren't entirely unusable, they will cause minor issues here and there mainly because the shadow pokemon data is saved once you start a new save file and so you'll be playing the new version with outdated shadow pokemon data. This screws up their moves and levels and stuff. The latest version isn't that different though. It mainly fixes a few rare bugs but there isn't much new content.

26 minutes ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

Is there really no other way to prevent that error from appearing again it takes the fun out of battling if the error constantly reappears

It seems to be a problem with unstable versions of Dolphin 5. It should work fine on Dolphin 4 as well as the officially released versions of Dolphin 5. Hope that helps. :)

My apologies for these post but I ran into another issue which regards the memory card unable to save after starting the game. I honestly keep receiving new issue every time I resolve another but what should I do about this problem

Pokemon XG Screenshot.png

Pokemon XG Screenshot 2.png

Edited by jumpylaxs123

1 hour ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

My apologies for these post but I ran into another issue which regards the memory card unable to save after starting the game. I honestly keep receiving new issue every time I resolve another but what should I do about this problem

Pokemon XG Screenshot.png

Pokemon XG Screenshot 2.png

Pokemon games tend to have a lot of mechanisms for preventing cheating which includes checking that save files are coherent. It looks like you loaded up a save state which doesn't match the memory card (I presume it's something to do with changing to a different version of Dolphin to fix the previous issue). Since you're still at the beginning I'd suggest just starting again without the save state and you'll just have to do the intro again.

I've tried deleting all data to the point there is no trace of data left however it still has the same issue. This screenshot was taken right after I saved my game 2 minutes ago. After resetting the game claims to not have a File on the memory card. I don't have any save states and I play this game normally with just the memory card directory.

pokemon XG screenshot 3.png

Edited by jumpylaxs123

45 minutes ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

I've tried deleting all data to the point there is no trace of data left however it still has the same issue. This screenshot was taken right after I saved my game 2 minutes ago. After resetting the game claims to not have a File on the memory card. I don't have any save states and I play this game normally with just the memory card directory.

pokemon XG screenshot 3.png

I can't figure out the problem. Can you give more details?

Since You've told me to start everything from scratch its the only game that I cant save my game in. After completing the simulation in the beginning I was able to save then but when I reset and come back to the main menu screen it says that theres no file present. Its a constant loop when I try to make a new file.

And what type of details do u need

Edited by jumpylaxs123

4 hours ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

Since You've told me to start everything from scratch its the only game that I cant save my game in. After completing the simulation in the beginning I was able to save then but when I reset and come back to the main menu screen it says that theres no file present. Its a constant loop when I try to make a new file.

And what type of details do u need

Details like any steps you took before starting. Did you change to an officially released version of Dolphin in the end? Did you use any fancy AR codes? Did you close the game before deleting the memory card data? Did you try it multiple times?

made an account just to compliment how awesome this is. this was one of my favorite games as a kid and getting to replay it with new shadow pokemon has been a BLAST. even got myself a shiny Torchic, now a shiny Combusken. ;) thanks for being so awesome!

2 hours ago, wakeandblake said:

made an account just to compliment how awesome this is. this was one of my favorite games as a kid and getting to replay it with new shadow pokemon has been a BLAST. even got myself a shiny Torchic, now a shiny Combusken. ;) thanks for being so awesome!

Thank you. That means a lot to me. I'm really glad you like it and I hope you enjoy the rest of the game :) 

@StarsMmd Wondering if you have any documentation for the level up moves of the Pokemon you can obtain in the hack, trying to build a team to aim for and some of the stuff requires Stones, which I know are kinda dodgy in the actual games for nuking level up moves.

If you could send something like that my way, I would appreciate it, since it's not in the documentation folder.

3 hours ago, PinkOnion said:

@StarsMmd Wondering if you have any documentation for the level up moves of the Pokemon you can obtain in the hack, trying to build a team to aim for and some of the stuff requires Stones, which I know are kinda dodgy in the actual games for nuking level up moves.

If you could send something like that my way, I would appreciate it, since it's not in the documentation folder.

This was already possible to by using the obtainable pokemon list to find what is obtainable and then searching for those pokemon in the stats documentation. However this is really tedious so I have uploaded the original download link with added documentation which includes the same data from the stats but filtered to only include pokemon you can get in-game (including their evolutions).

2 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

This was already possible to by using the obtainable pokemon list to find what is obtainable and then searching for those pokemon in the stats documentation. However this is really tedious so I have uploaded the original download link with added documentation which includes the same data from the stats but filtered to only include pokemon you can get in-game (including their evolutions).

I feel like such a fool, hah! Thanks very much for uploading that though. Just wanting to make a team that looks cool that can actually deal with Orre.

Edited by PinkOnion
Adding to original post.

2 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

I feel like such a fool, hah! Thanks very much for uploading that though. Just wanting to make a team that looks cool that can actually deal with Orre.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Hey man I'm pretty sure I've found a glitch. Whenever I enter the room to collect my reward after beating Area 1 of Mt. Battle my character will not move. The game isn't frozen because his idle animation still plays, but I cannot move or open any menus. This has happened twice. I just saved after being the area leader and will use the Abra teleport to get back to the base, but I can't get the reward. Just a heads up!

54 minutes ago, spiri7omb said:

Hey man I'm pretty sure I've found a glitch. Whenever I enter the room to collect my reward after beating Area 1 of Mt. Battle my character will not move. The game isn't frozen because his idle animation still plays, but I cannot move or open any menus. This has happened twice. I just saved after being the area leader and will use the Abra teleport to get back to the base, but I can't get the reward. Just a heads up!

Thank you, I'll look into it :)

Edit: Looks like I messed up the script somehow. It should only be a problem with zone 1 though. The rest seem to be fine.

Edit 2: I've now uploaded a new patch for v1.0.4 which fixes the issues. Sorry about that :$

I am really enjoying the new updates so far, but i was wondering, when I eventually find a feebas at the oasis pokespot, how i will evolve this because the documentation states that it will evolve from maximum beauty. I did not think beauty could be raised in the original X D, so how will this be possible to get a milotic?

22 minutes ago, Ragingfire said:

I am really enjoying the new updates so far, but i was wondering, when I eventually find a feebas at the oasis pokespot, how i will evolve this because the documentation states that it will evolve from maximum beauty. I did not think beauty could be raised in the original X D, so how will this be possible to get a milotic?

Hmm I forgot about that. Which version are you playing on?

50 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Hmm I forgot about that. Which version are you playing on?

v1.0.3, but it doesn't matter if there is no way to get one in this version as it is, I will happily just use another water type. I just wanted to know before I started to search for a feebas and find out I couldn't actually evolve it when i found it (because I am using save states instead of the memory card). 

43 minutes ago, Ragingfire said:

v1.0.3, but it doesn't matter if there is no way to get one in this version as it is, I will happily just use another water type. I just wanted to know before I started to search for a feebas and find out I couldn't actually evolve it when i found it (because I am using save states instead of the memory card). 

I've updated the download link in the original post with a download for v1.0.4 in which feebas evolves at level 20 and is compatible with v1.0.3 saves :)