Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

11 hours ago, Orion Phoenix said:

Darn, was hoping today but I get it. 

So hyped for this! 

Not to be a bother but any idea what time you'll be releasing it? 

Sorry, I found some pretty tricky bugs but I think I've zapped the last of them. Give me a few hours just to make sure everything is running slick. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to play through the entire game right now and make sure everything is 100% but there shouldn't be any issues as far as I can tell.

9 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Pokemon XG v1.0.0 is now available for download. The original post as been updated with the new download link. Let me know if there are any issues.

Enjoy :)

@PinkOnion @L. Knight @Orion Phoenix @teddywestgeass

Awesome! I will be playing through this today and I will let you know of anything major or minor! 

And probly just how much fun I had lol

3 hours ago, Orion Phoenix said:

Is the starter Beldum always shiny or did I just get super lucky?

It's basically like the shiny beldum from the ORAS demo :)

3 hours ago, GamingAori said:

awesome, I played the first released version. I will play 1.0 in the feature, this will be nice

You were one of the first to play. A lot has changed since then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARandommPerson said:

Not sure if a bug, and I kinda like it how it is now, but are early game pokemon supposed to unlock their hearts really fast? Just caught Pikachu and it halved its shadow meter just by sending it out in the next battle.

Yeah I did it on purpose. It means the purification chamber can pick up momentum really quickly and it's easy to change your team around if you spot something new that you like :)

Pikachu is the fastest of them all.

I booted up an older save to just take a peek at my old Pokemon and noticed there was an attack called Shadow Whip, that didn't have the W capitalized, I know this isn't really an issue, but I thought I'd point it out.
Also going to try to go live with this, hopefully the stream owner doesn't come on by and kick me off super early, hah.
Edit: Or I would have, if I still had editing permissions with the new Twitch Dashboard, looks like I'll have to wait.

Edited by PinkOnion

1 hour ago, PinkOnion said:

I booted up an older save to just take a peek at my old Pokemon and noticed there was an attack called Shadow Whip, that didn't have the W capitalized, I know this isn't really an issue, but I thought I'd point it out.
Also going to try to go live with this, hopefully the stream owner doesn't come on by and kick me off super early, hah.
Edit: Or I would have, if I still had editing permissions with the new Twitch Dashboard, looks like I'll have to wait.

Ah thanks, don't know how I missed that myself. I've fixed it now for the next minor update.

Let me know when you end up streaming ;)

I've added another download link on the main post containing documentation on v1.0.1. This includes Obtainable pokemon, TM locations, Shadow Pokemon and Pokespot pokemon encounter rates :)

9 minutes ago, Auraeye said:

I don't know why, but every time I get to using the second move in the opening battle, just after I select it, I get the error message from Dolphin "Invalid read from 0x018a00c8, PC = 0x8013d034"

In both cases I used Bullet Punch as the first move, one time I used Poison Jab as the second, and the other time I used Bullet Punch again as the second move

I haven't encountered that problem before. Which version of Dolphin are you on? Also, Poison Jab is a one hit KO so maybe that can help you progress?

1 hour ago, StarsMmd said:

I haven't encountered that problem before. Which version of Dolphin are you on? Also, Poison Jab is a one hit KO so maybe that can help you progress?

If I'm looking at this right, I'm using Dolphin 5.0-3627

And I've discovered it only needs me to force close Dolphin if I'm in fullscreen, if I'm in windowed then I can just spam click on the "Okay" on the error box and it'll just resume.

It also seems to do this after I select the final move on my second 'mon, on every turn starting from the second turn, and I get a large number of these dialogue boxes every time. I seemed to get less dialogue boxes when I had Eevee use bite though, when I was mostly using Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, and Fairy Wind before then.

Must just be me, but after downloading version 1.0.1 and the documentation my computer ram started maxing out all the time even on idle. 

I don't blame that on you or anything just figure I'd double check to see if it's just me or not. I didn't patch the new version just downloaded and extracted it

Just going into Mt Battle to train up a little and noticed that Shuppet is faster than any pokemon I had. Faster than my Grovyle and Pikachu and even the gengars a little further up. Did you buff Shuppet to make it rediculously fast or is it a bug or has it always been like that and I just haven't noticed? PS might be a dumb question but v1.0.1 says not compatible with previous versions, does that include v1.0 or just anything before that?

5 minutes ago, ARandommPerson said:

Just going into Mt Battle to train up a little and noticed that Shuppet is faster than any pokemon I had. Faster than my Grovyle and Pikachu and even the gengars a little further up. Did you buff Shuppet to make it rediculously fast or is it a bug or has it always been like that and I just haven't noticed? PS might be a dumb question but v1.0.1 says not compatible with previous versions, does that include v1.0 or just anything before that?

That would depend entirely on the move you'd be using at the time. What were you using, and did you have Prankster?

9 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

That would depend entirely on the move you'd be using at the time. What were you using, and did you have Prankster?

None of my pokemon have prankster, and I was using normal priority moves at the time. Shuppet also can't get prankster according to Bulbapedia.

Just now, ARandommPerson said:

None of my pokemon have prankster, and I was using normal priority moves at the time. Shuppet also can't get prankster according to Bulbapedia.

Yes, that's correct, but things can be quite a bit different in this mod. Was Trick Room active? What kind of Speed stats and hold items are we looking at?

19 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

Yes, that's correct, but things can be quite a bit different in this mod. Was Trick Room active? What kind of Speed stats and hold items are we looking at?

After doing a couple more battles to verify, no Trick Room was used, and I don't have any hold items. Shuppet has a base speed of 45, and it still outspeeds Gengar (Base 110), my Grovyle (Base 95), Pikachu (Base 90), Meditite (Base 60), and Kirlia (Base 50). It's almost like when it gets sent out an automatic Trick Room gets put up, so either Shuppet got a massive buff to speed or it's bugged to put up Trick Room when it gets sent out.

Just now, ARandommPerson said:

After doing a couple more battles to verify, no Trick Room was used, and I don't have any hold items. Shuppet has a base speed of 45, and it still outspeeds Gengar (Base 110), my Grovyle (Base 95), Pikachu (Base 90), Meditite (Base 60), and Kirlia (Base 50). It's almost like when it gets sent out an automatic Trick Room gets put up, so either Shuppet got a massive buff to speed or it's bugged to put up Trick Room when it gets sent out.

I'll take a look at it when I get to it on the stream, see if I can notice anything off.

On that note, the stream will be going live shortly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Auraeye said:

If I'm looking at this right, I'm using Dolphin 5.0-3627

And I've discovered it only needs me to force close Dolphin if I'm in fullscreen, if I'm in windowed then I can just spam click on the "Okay" on the error box and it'll just resume.

It also seems to do this after I select the final move on my second 'mon, on every turn starting from the second turn, and I get a large number of these dialogue boxes every time. I seemed to get less dialogue boxes when I had Eevee use bite though, when I was mostly using Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, and Fairy Wind before then.

Try using a release version of dolphin. Sounds like you're using one of the unstable builds.

16 hours ago, Orion Phoenix said:

Must just be me, but after downloading version 1.0.1 and the documentation my computer ram started maxing out all the time even on idle. 

I don't blame that on you or anything just figure I'd double check to see if it's just me or not. I didn't patch the new version just downloaded and extracted it

Probably a coincidence :)

1 hour ago, ARandommPerson said:

It has prankster. If you download the documentation in the opening post there's a file with all the pokemon stats and abilities and whatnot. You can just use ctrl+f/cmd+f to search for the pokemon.

26 minutes ago, ARandommPerson said:

Quick note: From what I can gather, trick room doesn't seem to be working either. Duskull used trick room 2 times back to back, and the order of the pokemon out did not change at all.

The second trick room reverses the first one. Also trick room always goes last because it has the lowest priority. The combination of these two factors would make it seem like it doesn't work.

11 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

Try using a release version of dolphin. Sounds like you're using one of the unstable builds.

Probably a coincidence :)

It has prankster. If you download the documentation in the opening post there's a file with all the pokemon stats and abilities and whatnot. You can just use ctrl+f/cmd+f to search for the pokemon.

The second trick room reverses the first one. Also trick room always goes last because it has the lowest priority. The combination of these two factors would make it seem like it doesn't work.

I see. Thank you for the clarification, I always forget that Trick Room has negative priority for some reason. :/