Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

What values did you change ?

Well, since I'm raising 30 or so mons all at the same time (in total for my full playthrough), around the time after I beat Blaine/Snattle, I used a hacking tool (basically called Pokemon GC Save Emulator) to give everyone 31 IVs, and distribute EVs to max everything out. I did it again for the 8 or so between that and Bruce/Gorrigan. For Mira, my Ludicolo, I gave her 252 special attack, 252 speed, and 4 special defense. The game eventually added in 2 Attack EVs because of who I ended up fighting I guess. But for some reason, in the save editor for Mira, Egg is checked. And when I tried unchecking that and saving, it just seemed to come back. It only shows she's an Egg in the Pokemon party menu, not in the PC or when you look at her stat screen. I can't use her in battle, leveling her up with a Rare Candy doesn't help, and I'm scared of having to start all over again.

The only reason I can think of why this would happen is that the Invalid Pokemon Flag is checked by the game, this might also set the Egg flag, since it's probably considered a Bag Egg. Is it a regular or a Shadow Pokemon? I don't know whether Shadow Pokemon can gain EVs. Also how did it gain those 2 attack EVs if you couldn't use it after the edit ?

• 2 months later...
On 1 October 2016 at 11:33 AM, Made_s said:

DO you know how to change the file sizes in the iso so you can add bigger files ?

yeah there's a file called something like game.toc which specifies the filenames, offsets and filesizes of all the files in the iso. .toc is a well documented format you can easily find the spec online but if not I can explain it to you. It would be trivial to write some code to manipulate the filesizes. I think as long as the .toc file matches it should be fine.

On 19 September 2016 at 9:15 PM, Made_s said:

(My guess is that these are particles that are present on the model since I found this in Articuno's file, which probably has some kind of ice particles on it. Do you know whether it does?)

Yeah articuno has some icy sparkles around it.

On 2 October 2016 at 8:49 PM, blackbeard2 said:

Is the Battle Revolution model/animation format the same? Would importing models (of the gen 4 Pokemon) from there be possible?

From what I saw inspecting the binary data by eye the two formats are very different. If you look at bulbasaur from X D and bulbasaur from PBR the data doesn't share any similarities as far as I could tell. Importing them to Colo/XD would be a case of converting from one format to the other.

On 2 October 2016 at 9:07 PM, Made_s said:

I'm not sure, I know how most of the xD format works now but I'd have to look into the Battle revolution format to find out how similar they are, I know they don't have the same structure but if they're not too different I could probably import models from there with a bit of data shifting.(PBR might also use shaders for textures/surfaces which might make the imported models look very different in that aspect)

The biggest problem is the animation data, I still don't know how it works in xD.

Then there are particles contained in model files. I could just leave them out but models like Charizard would probably look weird.

It's very possible to do it, but there are things that need to be done/found out first.

Someone made a program that converts PBR models to .obj a while back. I managed to track down the code. I could send it to you if you're interested.

On 17 October 2016 at 7:55 PM, shinypikachu23 said:

And another thing that kinda just popped up on my game.

Recently I've been using this save-checker my friend recommended to me (he was using it himself to raise all his XG mons perfectly with perfect IVs and EVs), and during this second playthrough I figured why not do that myself. So I've been doing it, and all of a sudden, my Ludicolo's turned into...I think it's a Bad Egg. I can't use her in battle, she doesn't gain experience from Exp. Share, and I can't get rid of Surf. I thought it was an issue with the wrong layouts for EVs, but they're still all right. It had an "egg" indication checked, but I unchecked it and put the file back in. Still Bad Egg. To anyone who would know and still reads this, how would I fix such a thing? I don't want to break the game with this, I just wanted an easier time...

Sorry man, not sure how to help with that. You must have accidentally ticked something illegal in the save editor. You could maybe try catching a wild pokemon and using the editor to change it's stats in order to recreate the ludicolo?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I tried using NUPS to patch 0.9.7 to a clean NTSC-U rom so I could play it with Nintendont. However, when i applied the patch, NUPS displayed the following:

Error reading file Pokemon XG.iso (yes I renamed it)

Tsukuyomi still deletes the iso when patching it. I don't know what to do, and I don't want to play an older version and miss out on a Shadow Pokemon.

EDIT: If anyone could tell me how they managed to get it to work on their iso, or provide me a link to 0.9.6's patch, that'd be appreciated.

EDIT 2: I found a prepatched ISO of XG 0.9.6 (don't ask where I got it) and I was able to play it perfectly without any issues on Nintendont! In fact, when I started, my Beldum just so happened to be Shiny. I don't know if it's shiny-only, but looking at other playthroughs I think I'm just a lucky man.

No, I did not use cheats. Ralts and Eevee are not shiny.

webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

Edited by KFCutman

And one more thing (sorry to be a nuisance), but is there a list of Shadow Pokemon and Pokespot Pokemon available that's been compiled yet?

Pokespot Pokemon intrigue me the most, I've seen playthroughs where people get legends like Raikou from them.

also omg shiny metang is cool

Edited by KFCutman

• 2 weeks later...
On 7 January 2017 at 1:40 PM, KFCutman said:

And one more thing (sorry to be a nuisance), but is there a list of Shadow Pokemon and Pokespot Pokemon available that's been compiled yet?

Pokespot Pokemon intrigue me the most, I've seen playthroughs where people get legends like Raikou from them.

also omg shiny metang is cool

Don't worry it's no trouble at all. Feel free to ask as much as you like. I had a lot of deadlines this past week so I must apologise for the late response. Here is the current list: XG Obtainable Pokemon List.txt (Spoilers of course)

• 1 month later...

I'm having difficulty trying to apply the patch to the game.  I've tried NUPS, xdeltaUI, and UPS patcher.  All of them give a similar error such as "The patch doesn't match the file."  I've downloaded the newest 0.97 patch and have a clean iso of Pokemon XD.

On 14 March 2017 at 3:14 AM, Poke J said:

I'm having difficulty trying to apply the patch to the game.  I've tried NUPS, xdeltaUI, and UPS patcher.  All of them give a similar error such as "The patch doesn't match the file."  I've downloaded the newest 0.97 patch and have a clean iso of Pokemon XD.

The ISO that you apply to the patch to has to match the ISO I used exactly. I made sure to use one that easily found by a quick google search to make it easier to find. Make sure that the version you use is the US version and hasn't been scrubbed or anything. Try getting a different ISO from somewhere else if that doesn't work.

This is probably going to sound dumb, but where can i find the actual ISO? I got the v0.9.7 patch but can't seem to find an ISO to patch, If someone can reply to me please do so. This is a game I really would like to play

3 hours ago, Predatr said:

This is probably going to sound dumb, but where can i find the actual ISO? I got the v0.9.7 patch but can't seem to find an ISO to patch, If someone can reply to me please do so. This is a game I really would like to play

It should be easy to find with a quick google search. I can't really get more specific than that because how to find ISOs is a bit of a taboo topic. Just make sure you search for the US version if you want to play XG :)

40 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

It should be easy to find with a quick google search. I can't really get more specific than that because how to find ISOs is a bit of a taboo topic. Just make sure you search for the US version if you want to play XG :)

Im not sure if its just me but I cant seem to find any. I found one but it was a broken MEGA link so I just hope someone on this forum can help or find a download sometime soon, if not guess i can just watch a let's play of it

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, mightygos said:

Stars, could you release a version of the hack with only the updated types and moves? I like the base game as it is. I know it could be a bit of a chore but I'd really appreciate it.

That would be quite a lot of work so I don't think I'll have the time to do that any time soon but I will be releasing hack tools at some point in time so please feel free to edit the game as you please when they're done :)

I gotta say, made an account just to talk about this little Magic thing we got here, I swear, GoD was my favorite game, and you made it more difficult and with better stuff, gotta say, good shit.

Gotta also say, Lucky Egg and an Ultra Ball off the first two shadow pokemon, Beldum will be my Shiny Steven in no time, perfect job mate.

On 2 April 2017 at 9:28 PM, Emotrocity said:

I gotta say, made an account just to talk about this little Magic thing we got here, I swear, GoD was my favorite game, and you made it more difficult and with better stuff, gotta say, good shit.

Gotta also say, Lucky Egg and an Ultra Ball off the first two shadow pokemon, Beldum will be my Shiny Steven in no time, perfect job mate.

I'm glad to hear that. It was definitely my favourite as well and I'm happy I get to share XG with everyone :)

Hi there,

First of all this hack is absolutely amazing and I'm loving playing through it.  I saw that a list of obtainable Pokémon was posted on here, but by chance is there a list of level-up movesets or changed evolutions somewhere.  I apologize if this was already asked or if this info was posted previously.

Keep up the awesome work and would love to see an updated version like this for colosseum. :D

I've been playing through the game and found a shiny Electrike and I've gone to check a play through of the game and he didn't get a shiny one.  By chance did the shiny check on Shadow Pokemon get removed in this hack?

On 4/4/2017 at 11:40 PM, Jameson 1220 said:

Hi there,

First of all this hack is absolutely amazing and I'm loving playing through it.  I saw that a list of obtainable Pokémon was posted on here, but by chance is there a list of level-up movesets or changed evolutions somewhere.  I apologize if this was already asked or if this info was posted previously.

Keep up the awesome work and would love to see an updated version like this for colosseum. :D

Sorry for the late response. I'm close to finishing the next big version update so I was reluctant to release the finer details of the game since they'll soon be outdated. However, I have written code that automatically dumps all of this data so it's easy enough. I've attached a .json file of all the stats. I didn't bother making proper level up sets for pokemon that aren't obtainable without cheats though so a lot of it will look weird.

Pokemon Stats human readable.json

38 minutes ago, Poke J said:

I've been playing through the game and found a shiny Electrike and I've gone to check a play through of the game and he didn't get a shiny one.  By chance did the shiny check on Shadow Pokemon get removed in this hack?

Yes it has been removed. All obtainable pokemon have a chance to be shiny and will not lose their shininess upon purification. Enjoy :)

On 4/10/2017 at 7:46 PM, teddywestgeass said:

When will the next big update come out? I wanna do a LP but if you're about to update I may as well wait a bit longer.

I'm really, very, nearly, almost done. Just have a bit of coursework left and some exams to prepare for so haven't had much time. I'd say around a week?

17 hours ago, teddywestgeass said:

Sounds good! What will be the major changes/updates?

Here's a list of some of the things to expect:

New Items

• eviolite, choice scarf, choice specs, wise glasses, muscle band, pixie plate, focus sash, assault vest, etc.

New abilities

• no guard, magic bounce, adaptability, multiscale, regenerator, snow warning, tough claws, sand force, Bulletproof, fur coat, motor drive, sap sipper, skill link, etc.
  • abilities properly programmed and fully functional

New moves

• psyshock, foul play, acrobatics, freeze dry, tailwind, trick room, etc.
  • many new shadow moves (now around 40 in total)

Obtainable pokemon

• 25 pokemon per pokespot instead of 3
  • new shadow pokemon

New and updated mechanics

• TMs can now be used infinitely!
  • hurricane 100% accurate in rain
  • rock types 50% spdef boost in sand
  • rough skin residual to 1/8
  • paralysis halves speed instead of quarter
  • weather abilities no longer infinite
  • the next pokemon is sent out at the end of the turn instead of as soon as the previous one faints
  • lightning rod is now immune to electric and gives a sp.atk boost
  • sturdy updated to gen v effect

New features

• battle bingo is back

13 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

Here's a list of some of the things to expect:

New Items

• eviolite, choice scarf, choice specs, wise glasses, muscle band, pixie plate, focus sash, assault vest, etc.

New abilities

• no guard, magic bounce, adaptability, multiscale, regenerator, snow warning, tough claws, sand force, Bulletproof, fur coat, motor drive, sap sipper, skill link, etc.
  • abilities properly programmed and fully functional

New moves

• psyshock, foul play, acrobatics, freeze dry, tailwind, trick room, etc.
  • many new shadow moves (now around 40 in total)

Obtainable pokemon

• 25 pokemon per pokespot instead of 3
  • new shadow pokemon

New and updated mechanics

• TMs can now be used infinitely!
  • hurricane 100% accurate in rain
  • rock types 50% spdef boost in sand
  • rough skin residual to 1/8
  • paralysis halves speed instead of quarter
  • weather abilities no longer infinite
  • the next pokemon is sent out at the end of the turn instead of as soon as the previous one faints
  • lightning rod is now immune to electric and gives a sp.atk boost
  • sturdy updated to gen v effect

New features

• battle bingo is back

You are fucking awesome dude. I'm so psyched to play.