Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Just started my second run and look what I got:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13527[/ATTACH]

almost pissed myself

EDIT: I dont know why the image is big af LOL

Glad you like it but it's actually always shiny now like the oras event! Interestingly, in colo/xd shiny metagross' cross is white instead of gold.

When I go to the room in Realgam Tower where you can enter the colo tourney, there's a glitch where the screen becomes widescreen and switches back and forth. Not sure if that's just the emulator.

I haven't heard of that happening to anyone else but it would have to be an emulator problem. Maybe one of the settings is weird?

So I'm catching a lot of badass shadow pokemon near the end, but it's unfortunate because xD has no post-game. So I'm not going to get much gameplay out of these new ones. I know you've heard this before. I saw that you were thinking about providing hacking tools, which would be useful. Some really preliminary ones would help to make replays very different, like being able to put some shadows closer to the beginning.

As an example, you catch the hoenn starter pokemon early. For a second replay, it would be cool to switch those to the end and the kanto ones to the beginning.

So I'm catching a lot of badass shadow pokemon near the end, but it's unfortunate because xD has no post-game. So I'm not going to get much gameplay out of these new ones. I know you've heard this before. I saw that you were thinking about providing hacking tools, which would be useful. Some really preliminary ones would help to make replays very different, like being able to put some shadows closer to the beginning.

Yeah that makes sense. I'm working on some tools but had to take a break because my health was suffering. I'm slowly working on them but I don't have much experience with this kind of stuff. I'm kind of learning as I go along. If you have a Mac and some programming experience I could give a brief tutorial on the code I currently hack with. If you have a Mac and an iPad then I could teach you how to get my hack tools on your iPad. Otherwise you'll have to wait a little longer unfortunately

Is there a zap cannon or thunder TM? Want to do the rain dance combo

I don't think there is. Most electric types should learn thunder at some point although usually at high levels.

Holy sh*t ... :o

I've not been there for a month.

Kudos for releasing this @StarsMmd

Thanks! Your script disassembler was invaluable so thank you very much for making that! Hope you enjoy XG :)

Does Zapdos learn either? (Zap cannon or thunder)

No actually but it probably should. Maybe I'll make it a TM again.

Also, does venusaur have thick fat and chlorophyll? Or just the first?

It can get both of them.

Absolutely loving this hack. I actually prefer Colo/XD to the main series games, but I've previously found the Pokemon selection + difficulty a bit lacking after ~10 playthroughs, so this is perfect for me. My only qualm is the name changes, since I've become attached the original, wacky ones, but I can definitely see why you edited them. I have one question - how exactly do you evolve Bonsly? I've tried the move relearner to try and teach it Mimic, but no luck. Is it happiness-based? (pls no, Blissey was tedious enough to obtain).

Is the ability determined at the time of capture or later (eg. purification)?
Capture, meaning you can safely reset if you don't get the ability you want.

Just a slight correction to that. The ability (as well as gender and nature) is determined when you first see the shadow pokemon. So if you see it but knock it out, the ability will be the same any other time you encounter it. If you reset before you've seen the shadow pokemon for the first time, the ability could change. The only exception to this is Zangoose. It is only set the first time you fight it yourself, i.e. the third time you see it. It only has one ability but the gender and nature can be different between different battles against it.

Absolutely loving this hack. I actually prefer Colo/XD to the main series games, but I've previously found the Pokemon selection + difficulty a bit lacking after ~10 playthroughs, so this is perfect for me. My only qualm is the name changes, since I've become attached the original, wacky ones, but I can definitely see why you edited them. I have one question - how exactly do you evolve Bonsly? I've tried the move relearner to try and teach it Mimic, but no luck. Is it happiness-based? (pls no, Blissey was tedious enough to obtain).

It is indeed based on happiness :)

It is indeed based on happiness :)

Ah, I was afraid of that. Happiness is excruciating to raise in xD for some reason. Guess I'll grind for money and ply the thing with vivid scents. Thanks for the response. :)

Ah, I was afraid of that. Happiness is excruciating to raise in xD for some reason. Guess I'll grind for money and ply the thing with vivid scents. Thanks for the response. :)

A few others have mentioned similar woes. I realised all the shadow Pokemon start at 0 happiness. I've increased this in the next update which will be released when I manage to leave Pokemon Go for long enough ?

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing difficulty. I'm beginning to think it's glitched in xD; 120 vivid scents with Soothe Bell attached hasn't risen Bonsly's happiness rating at all (according to the guy in Gateon Port, it wanted to 'be pampered' before the cologne spam, and that's still the case). I do like Sudowoodo, and Rock Head + Head Smash is delicious, but I'm at the end of my tether with the thing. :P

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing difficulty. I'm beginning to think it's glitched in xD; 120 vivid scents with Soothe Bell attached hasn't risen Bonsly's happiness rating at all (according to the guy in Gateon Port, it wanted to 'be pampered' before the cologne spam, and that's still the case). I do like Sudowoodo, and Rock Head + Head Smash is delicious, but I'm at the end of my tether with the thing. :P

Actually, I just had a look and I'm pretty sure the scents don't affect happiness! It seems this has just been a myth that has been around for years xD. Try proteins and other medicines instead.

Actually, I just had a look and I'm pretty sure the scents don't affect happiness! It seems this has just been a myth that has been around for years xD. Try proteins and other medicines instead.

Really? That would make a lot of sense haha. Jeez, even Bulbapedia claims they increase happiness. I'll give the vitamins a go, thanks! :)

Really? That would make a lot of sense haha. Jeez, even Bulbapedia claims they increase happiness. I'll give the vitamins a go, thanks! :)

Yeah information on Colo/XD is so bad it's actually funny. I'll have to double check some time to confirm though. I'll use a save editor or something to look at the happiness values and see if they change after a scent but I'm almost certain they don't help.