Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

So I just got to phenac city and I feel a bit too OP. The Pokemon I'm going up against are typically 5ish levels below me (like at ONBS). But I've only trained a little bit at Mt battle. Will the difficulty kick up soon?

Btw I'm posting a lot. If I should stop lemme know.

So I just got to phenac city and I feel a bit too OP. The Pokemon I'm going up against are typically 5ish levels below me (like at ONBS). But I've only trained a little bit at Mt battle. Will the difficulty kick up soon?

Btw I'm posting a lot. If I should stop lemme know.

Not a problem, it's good to get as much feedback as possible.

I always feel a little over levelled as well but that's kind of my play style. I've seen a lot of playthroughs where people were really under levelled the whole way. I tried to make it so that it's worth training up a little but you can get by without it if you don't feel like it.

That being said, there are a few level jumps later in the game so I reckon it will balance out again.

Tried to do an in-game save and it told me the memory card save file was corrupted and that the save failed. Had been working fine up til recently. I just cleared Phenac City.

I've heard of that happening to someone else as well but not sure of the cause. Maybe an emulator glitch. You can use state saves instead? Maybe you can try deleting the save data from the memory card and then try saving again?

Save states will work. Can try the other method.

Also:

Extrasensory was not very effective against robo Groudon. Is it something other than ground type?

Giga drain was also normal, not super effective

I guess that means it is ground and steel?

Yeah I could use some help on that. The error was asked by someone before: -corrupt-save-file'>https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-pokemon-xD-corrupt-save-file

It doesn't seem that any solution was posted publicly. Any thoughts?

It says they wanted ti try copying the save to another memory card. There's actually an AR code i saw online somewhere that lets you copy the save file. Using that you could try and maybe that's the solution.

Less likely but you could try deleting the old save data from the memory card, loading the save state and trying to save.

Awesome! Good to know that there's an actual solution because I've heard of this problem happening a few times now.

Also, in case it hasn't been identified, I'm pretty sure the cause is loading vanilla xD with an XG save file/state (can't recall which I used).

Also, in case it hasn't been identified, I'm pretty sure the cause is loading vanilla xD with an XG save file/state (can't recall which I used).

That's really interesting. I'll see how easy it is to reproduce and the exact conditions. I wonder if it also happens when loading previous states after changing to an updated version of XG.

This is what fixed it for me when I had this issue a couple weeks ago.

No dice, it tells me there is no Pokemon XG save file in the memory card, and then says save failed.

I found the AR code that Stars mentioned. However, in order to use it you first have to save in game with the AR code enabled (and then that save can be copied). However, since I can't save at all, this won't work.

No dice, it tells me there is no Pokemon XG save file in the memory card, and then says save failed.

I found the AR code that Stars mentioned. However, in order to use it you first have to save in game with the AR code enabled (and then that save can be copied). However, since I can't save at all, this won't work.

IIRC I went into the GC Memcard Manager in Dolphin and deleted my save file. Then I loaded up XG to the main start screen and started a new game, then saved, then loaded my save state and resaved.

If you haven't already, try creating a new save file before loading the state.

IIRC I went into the GC Memcard Manager in Dolphin and deleted my save file. Then I loaded up XG to the main start screen and started a new game, then saved, then loaded my save state and resaved.

If you haven't already, try creating a new save file before loading the state.

I've tried that as well. When I load the state and try to save, it says the save file is corrupted (original error message). Did you just save when XG prompted you at the main menu, or did you also progress in the game until you can save for the first time?

I've tried that as well. When I load the state and try to save, it says the save file is corrupted (original error message). Did you just save when XG prompted you at the main menu, or did you also progress in the game until you can save for the first time?

I progressed into the game until I could save for the first time. I think that's what actually creates the save file.