Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

After completing my second playthrough, I can safely express my opinion on the changes you've made without thinking I missed something.

I love the fairy type addition along with the type effectiveness update. Makes me feel more at home coming from ORAS to this. I didn't mind that some pokemon were given fairy type since without the additions you made, the only canonical fairies are few and far between.

The learnsets of pokemon in general feels a tad unbalanced, but since the last patch, it's less overwhelming. Now the TM's were actually incredibly helpful this time around. My first playthrough rarely saw me using TM's as the level moves were just so much better.

The shadow pokemon felt really well thought out. ie; Stone evos in Phenac. and 100 Shadow pokemon seems perfect. It's a nice even number and gives you access to anything you'd want without too much exclusion (plus every legendary, yay). I feel like Mirror B. was a tad difficult though the last time you face him. His Shadow Ho-oh on top of his rain team was absolutely savage. But since it's the last shadow mon, i appreciated the challenge. Oh, and Bonsly was the cherry on top. Nothing like playing a gen 3 game with a gen 4 mon

The Text changes were good. The ones you did change anyway. Lovrina/Sylvia cracked me up. #SavageAF

And finally, the post-game. Mt. Battle was a slog as it usually is, but the Type themed sections kept it fresh until the end. Completing it 3 times was definitely a trial, but I had to get each and every reward that was offered. Orre Colosseum was admittedly something I didn't dabble in as often as most. I played through it a few times to reface the admins but that was about it.

Overall, The changes made really enhance the game as a whole. I enjoyed every bit of both of my playthroughs. I look forward to what you do next so i can maybe do a third

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah the learnsets were pretty OP at first mainly because I wanted all the pokemon to be viable but TMs were hard to come by and single use only. Now that I've unravelled the game files a little more, I was able to make them more readily available and will be doing more on the TM distribution as I'm pretty sure some of my info on their locations was slightly erroneous.

It's been great to get so much feedback from people on various forums, twitch, youtube etc. I have played through and watched others play through XG countless times now and I've been taking things on board and improving the game. I too am really pleased with how the game has evolved.

I have a few other things planned although nothing too big is left. The important ones are battle bingo and battle CDs at this point.

Thanks for the advice. There were also some text errors in Mt battle. Like one guy talked about his cyndaquil but didn't have one.

Yeah I'm aware of those but it's such a tedious process so I've left a lot of the text for now. It will be updated eventually but it's just low priority right now.

How does the game choose atk vs special atk for moves?

It's based on what they are in the actual games. Most of them should be obvious even the moves like shadow moves which aren't in other games. The tricky one is sacred fire which is physical despite it's appearance.

Hi, this is probably out of your options but it would be interesting if you could change/modify the protagonist.

I liked xD and its improvements over Colosseum alot but the protagonists design is kinda a downgrade from Colosseum.

Other than that, I'm waiting for 1.0 to give this hack a try!

Hi, this is probably out of your options but it would be interesting if you could change/modify the protagonist.

I liked xD and its improvements over Colosseum alot but the protagonists design is kinda a downgrade from Colosseum.

Other than that, I'm waiting for 1.0 to give this hack a try!

It's something I've looked into a lot but it's not something I can do right now. The file format is completely unknown. Maybe one day someone will figure out how the data works but it's well beyond me.

Is there a list of all the new Shadow Pokémon? This hack makes me wonder why no one else has ever tried hacking xD before, is it that hard to even change the Shadow Pokémon?

Not at this moment since I updated the shadow pokemon and I'm planning to make a few more minor changes. I'll make an updated one soon though.

I looked around to see what I could find before I started hacking xD and it looks like some people did try a long time ago but gave up. It seems more like they were hoping someone else had made a start though. It did take me a long time to get started. I didn't find anything at all for about 6 months, especially because I wasn't particularly experienced at this kind of stuff. Most of the skills I used to hack the game were things I learned along the way. I was really close to giving up a few times but I'm glad I stuck with it. None of it is very difficult but it's just time consuming which is why we make hack tools to simplify the process.

In pyrite colosseum a growlithe used ember on my grovyle and it wasn't super effective

Grovyle and Sceptile are part dragon like Mega Sceptile. There aren't very many dragons in gen III so I had to add a few. I would recommend that you read through the first post in this thread as it has all the details of everything that has changed. Check out the notes, known bugs, changelog and features. Everything should be there and I always update it as I make changes.

It won't be too long now ;)

How expansive will the hack tools be like does it let us straight up alter any data in the game at ease, like for example, what pokemon trainers have, are they shadow and their moves and such and also is it for Windows or are you doing it only for Mac again like the randomizer from before?

How expansive will the hack tools be like does it let us straight up alter any data in the game at ease, like for example, what pokemon trainers have, are they shadow and their moves and such and also is it for Windows or are you doing it only for Mac again like the randomizer from before?

Everything I've used will be made available. I have all the foundation built up already but it's not very user friendly right now. Mac for now just because that's what I have experience with. All the source code will be available if someone wanted to port it to windows and even if not I'll probably end up doing it myself. It would just require some learning on my part.

Everything I've used will be made available. I have all the foundation built up already but it's not very user friendly right now. Mac for now just because that's what I have experience with. All the source code will be available if someone wanted to port it to windows and even if not I'll probably end up doing it myself. It would just require some learning on my part.

Sweet, hope you or someone else gets it to windows eventually couse i can't really do anything with the Mac version.

Sweet, hope you or someone else gets it to windows eventually couse i can't really do anything with the Mac version.

I know the feeling! It's usually the other way around. I'll do some research and see how feasible it is.

Grovyle and Sceptile are part dragon like Mega Sceptile. There aren't very many dragons in gen III so I had to add a few. I would recommend that you read through the first post in this thread as it has all the details of everything that has changed. Check out the notes, known bugs, changelog and features. Everything should be there and I always update it as I make changes.

My bad! I read through the notes but forgot that.