Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Oh okay, must be right after the final battle couse that's all i have left. Would be nice to access proper ev's earlier though in case someone wants to do it from the get go without having to rely on dropping of the unwanted stats with berries or something.

Yeah I think you're right it's probably right at the end. I'll see what I can do :)

Done with the story and only post-game stuff left.

My summary on the whole experience: Really good selection of shadows available throughout and the special/physical split really made this game more enjoyable, making more pokemon actually viable than vanilla. Liked the bigger level curve too and the shadow mons we're really deadly compared to the vanilla which is nice. They actually felt like powered up pokemon.

And did you tinker with the legendary pokemons catch rates or am i just super unlucky? Mewtwo especially made me waste 40+ balls for nothing (and most of them we're ultras coupled with a few timers after like 40 turns and even then the timers didn't shake even once or at best once). I just couldn't catch it no matter how many i threw at it with low health and paralyzis. Had no trouble catching every other legendary up to this point but mewtwo just decided to say no.

The only bad thing i can say i guess is the stupid as hell AI which i can't blame you for in the first place. Hopefully you can cook up some nice AI or put the Orre Colosseums AI into the main game someday so the game would actually become really strategic and challenging.

Overall a really solid experience and after this there's no way i can play the vanilla ever again except for some challenge runs maybe.

Done with the story and only post-game stuff left.

My summary on the whole experience: Really good selection of shadows available throughout and the special/physical split really made this game more enjoyable, making more pokemon actually viable than vanilla. Liked the bigger level curve too and the shadow mons we're really deadly compared to the vanilla which is nice. They actually felt like powered up pokemon.

And did you tinker with the legendary pokemons catch rates or am i just super unlucky? Mewtwo especially made me waste 40+ balls for nothing (and most of them we're ultras coupled with a few timers after like 40 turns and even then the timers didn't shake even once or at best once). I just couldn't catch it no matter how many i threw at it with low health and paralyzis. Had no trouble catching every other legendary up to this point but mewtwo just decided to say no.

The only bad thing i can say i guess is the stupid as hell AI which i can't blame you for in the first place. Hopefully you can cook up some nice AI or put the Orre Colosseums AI into the main game someday so the game would actually become really strategic and challenging.

Overall a really solid experience and after this there's no way i can play the vanilla ever again except for some challenge runs maybe.

It's great to hear that!

All the legendaries actually have slightly higher catch rates just because there are so many of them and it would get really tedious to catch them all. This idea was in vanilla xD with the legendary birds having increased catch rates of 25. Mewtwo has a catch rate of 5 in XG.

For super easy catches:

Jirachi's shadow freeze has a 20% freeze chance with serene grace (It used to be 40% like shadow fire and shadow bolt but I had to decrease it because it broken). Being a shadow pokemon with good bulk it can tank enough moves to give you enough hits to get a freeze. Frozen pokemon are much easier to catch. ;)

Yeah the AI will hopefully be better in the future. Fingers crossed.

It's great to hear that!

All the legendaries actually have slightly higher catch rates just because there are so many of them and it would get really tedious to catch them all. This idea was in vanilla xD with the legendary birds having increased catch rates of 25. Mewtwo has a catch rate of 5 in XG.

For super easy catches:

Jirachi's shadow freeze has a 20% freeze chance with serene grace (It used to be 40% like shadow fire and shadow bolt but I had to decrease it because it broken). Being a shadow pokemon with good bulk it can tank enough moves to give you enough hits to get a freeze. Frozen pokemon are much easier to catch. ;)

Yeah the AI will hopefully be better in the future. Fingers crossed.

Good to know. Is freeze stronger than sleep for capturing? Never really took advantage of the status because of how rare it was to freeze things in these games. Would be nice to finally see a legit status move that inflicts it in the new games or maybe it would be too broken. And my Jirachi is already purified so can't make use of that combo, at least not as effectively anymore.

Good to know. Is freeze stronger than sleep for capturing? Never really took advantage of the status because of how rare it was to freeze things in these games. Would be nice to finally see a legit status move that inflicts it in the new games or maybe it would be too broken. And my Jirachi is already purified so can't make use of that combo, at least not as effectively anymore.

Ah nevermind turns out sleep is just as good as freeze. I thought freeze was more for some reason.

Freeze is really broken though. Even 20% chance on jirachi is really powerful.

I've updated the first post with the download link for version 0.9.6. Make sure you read the info of the post and the change log as there may be incompatibility issues with save files started on previous versions.

It's a pretty big update so let me know if there are any bugs :)

I've updated the first post with the download link for version 0.9.6. Make sure you read the info of the post and the change log as there may be incompatibility issues with save files started on previous versions.

It's a pretty big update so let me know if there are any bugs :)

You didn't include it in the change log, but is this the patch with more Shadow Pokemon?

You didn't include it in the change log, but is this the patch with more Shadow Pokemon?

It's there but maybe not so clear. It says more/new/different shadow Pokemon. I'll update the post to make it more obvious though.

My second playthrough begins now that the next update is out. I look forward to seeing what's new.
I'll keep my eyes out whilst I play the second time.

Good luck to you both. There are 100 shadow Pokemon now. I'm worried it's a bit too many so I'd be interested to know what you think. I'm playing through it again too!

Shadow Bully's animation doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

I don't know if it's just me either, but Agate isn't selling Poke Balls after Mt. Battle like it should be.

It's not just you. I wasn't able to buy pokeballs anywhere until I was able to buy great balls after ONBS

Does Mirror B. get the new shadow mons as well? I failed to snag the Shadow Carvanha/Sneasel at the ONBS building and Mirror B. appeared only once and only had Sneasel

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. They might not necessarily show up together though. Let me know if it still hasn't shown up after a bit longer.

Shadow Bully's animation doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

I don't know if it's just me either, but Agate isn't selling Poke Balls after Mt. Battle like it should be.

I'll fix that up in a minute and reupload.

It's not just you. I wasn't able to buy pokeballs anywhere until I was able to buy great balls after ONBS

I'm not sure why that is but I was trying some stuff out with the pokemarts. I'll just trace my steps backwards.

can you do the pokeball, greatball and ultraball cheaper because i didn't had to much money and balls for catching all shadow pokemon. maybe it was my fault.

The amount of money the trainers give you is proportional to the level of their strongest pokemon. Since all the pokemon are higher levels in XG you should actually get a lot more money than in regular xD. There is also an amulet coin available mid game. I found I had too much money most of the time! Maybe you spent it all?

I only bought me pokeballs and at the end i haven't enough money for ultraballs

You could always battle some more trainers. For example in pyrite town you can rebattle them as much you like.

Does Mirror B. get the new shadow mons as well? I failed to snag the Shadow Carvanha/Sneasel at the ONBS building and Mirror B. appeared only once and only had Sneasel

Did you find him at a colosseum or pokespot?

Edited by StarsMmd

I finished the post game now MT battle and Orre colosseum so i am ready to jump into the next update :)

Some funny moment happened

I was using the female trainer spirite from emerald and... the trainer of Stars was the male from emerald :P720265GXXE012.png

Final Team Showdown:

736574GXXE015.png

I found out it still possible to do Battle CD and Bingo, when we switch to the normal Iso of the game with the same Save, and come back with no problems.

Shadow Creep's animation has disappeared now, haven't checked Bully yet.

Ah that's annoying. I'll sort it out thanks.

EDIT: I've reuploaded the patch. It should be fixed now.

I finished the post game now MT battle and Orre colosseum so i am ready to jump into the next update :)

Some funny moment happened

I was using the female trainer spirite from emerald and... the trainer of Stars was the male from emerald :P720265GXXE012.png

Final Team Showdown:

736574GXXE015.png

I found out it still possible to do Battle CD and Bingo, when we switch to the normal Iso of the game with the same Save, and come back with no problems.

That's really cool. I haven't heard of anyone else finishing Mt.Battle in XG yet. Not even I have =D. Our avatar choices were really similar! In fact even the teams in the orre final have similar compositions!

Since you reached the top of Mt.Battle, can you confirm whether or not you were offered one of the prize pokemon? I tried to make it so you don't have to do all 100 zones in a row to get the prizes but I haven't been able to test it yet.

Ah that's annoying. I'll sort it out thanks.

EDIT: I've reuploaded the patch. It should be fixed now.

That's really cool. I haven't heard of anyone else finishing Mt.Battle in XG yet. Not even I have =D. Our avatar choices were really similar! In fact even the teams in the orre final have similar compositions!

Since you reached the top of Mt.Battle, can you confirm whether or not you were offered one of the prize pokemon? I tried to make it so you don't have to do all 100 zones in a row to get the prizes but I haven't been able to test it yet.

I've completed Mt. Battle before. He does indeed give you a pokemon. Even if you don't complete it in one run. I took multiple breaks and still got

XG001

. Also, as for Sneasel/Carvanha, I encountered Mirror B. at the Cave Pokespot with just Sneasel and 2 ludicolo

I've completed Mt. Battle before. He does indeed give you a pokemon. Even if you don't complete it in one run. I took multiple breaks and still got one. Also, as for Sneasel/Carvanha, I encountered Mirror B. at the Cave Pokespot with just Sneasel and 2 ludicolo

That's great news. I'm glad at least that works as intended. I'll have to look further into the shadow pokemon thing. Worst case I may have to do a bunch of scripting to allow rematches for the shadow pokemon until you get them. I'm sure there's just something obvious I'm missing though so we'll see.

That's great news. I'm glad at least that works as intended. I'll have to look further into the shadow pokemon thing. Worst case I may have to do a bunch of scripting to allow rematches for the shadow pokemon until you get them. I'm sure there's just something obvious I'm missing though so we'll see.

I'm still waiting for him to reappear with carvanha. I'll let you know when/if he appears