Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

So, I'm not 100% sure if this is on the current patch or not since I'm playing on 0.9.1, but when I go into the Shadow Monitor on the PDA, all Shadow Pokemon that were changed still retain their old information. Like for an example, there's currently a Vulpix in my party that I was working on purifying but in the Shadow Monitor app, it says it's a Roselia (the rest of my team is Metang, Clefable, Ludicolo, Sableye, and Mawile). Not entirely sure if this is a fixable bug or what, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Still lovin' the game though!

Awesome looking hack, man. Cant wait till I have enough time to play it.

Can you give more information about the List of available Pokemon?

Not level caught/trainer etc. just say like "These are the Pokespot Pokemon""These are the Mt Battle gifts" etc.

Thanks in advance

Completely forgot I already posted what you're looking for in a new thread. -Shadow-Pokemon-ideas'>https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48839-Pokemon-xD-Shadow-Pokemon-ideas

Wrong thread, but did you worked a little bit on the xD randomizer ? I'm waiting for that second thing :P

Not yet but it will be really quick to do.

So, I'm not 100% sure if this is on the current patch or not since I'm playing on 0.9.1, but when I go into the Shadow Monitor on the PDA, all Shadow Pokemon that were changed still retain their old information. Like for an example, there's currently a Vulpix in my party that I was working on purifying but in the Shadow Monitor app, it says it's a Roselia (the rest of my team is Metang, Clefable, Ludicolo, Sableye, and Mawile). Not entirely sure if this is a fixable bug or what, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Still lovin' the game though!

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48804-Pokemon-XG-NeXt-Gen Take a look at the known bugs, changelog, notes and "other features" in the original post. It's been updated recently.

Is it possible to change the Base Stats of Pokémon so that some of them aren't bad? You know, like some Drayano hacks out there where he balanced out Pokémon that weren't so good.

A small handful of pokemon are modified but a lot of people find it hard to pick up a hack when they have to learn too many stat changes. Personally, I like the idea and was considering it but ultimately decided against it for now. When XG is done I'll probably make a separate version with some updates like that. I don't want to do it now though because it will just be hard to keep both versions up to date with bug fixes and stuff.

Hey Stars, why don't you post your game on other forums, like PokeCommunity for example, this game deserves much more love!

It's too hard keeping multiple threads up to date. I update this thread a lot. I did make a post on poke community to announce that XG is available on project Pokemon though.

So, first of all, great hack! I'm enjoying it so far other than the name changes but I can understand why they're there. I found a bug in the PC where when you go to name the box, the game enters a loop with the music and it gets stuck on a black screen. I tried it earlier this morning for me and thought it was just a fluke but just before typing it, I tried it again. I can drum up a video later if you need it but I felt like this should be pointed out. I typically like to name my boxes when I play Colosseum/Gale of Darkness since I have a tendency to separate my Shadow Pokemon and purified/regular Pokemon. Also, not sure if this has been mentioned or not even though it probably has, the text for the TMs runs off the screen. That could just be me but idk.

I found the issue! Just a minor error on my part. Will be fixed in the next update.

A small handful of pokemon are modified but a lot of people find it hard to pick up a hack when they have to learn too many stat changes. Personally, I like the idea and was considering it but ultimately decided against it for now. When XG is done I'll probably make a separate version with some updates like that. I don't want to do it now though because it will just be hard to keep both versions up to date with bug fixes and stuff.

Why don't you put up a poll in this thread to see if people want these changes or not? Just a suggestion. Also, so far, I'm having the GREATEST time with this hack. Really well done.

Why don't you put up a poll in this thread to see if people want these changes or not? Just a suggestion. Also, so far, I'm having the GREATEST time with this hack. Really well done.

Thanks dude!

I already know that opinion is split and even if the majority vote was to update the stats it's a time consuming process so it won't be happening right now either way. I'll just have two versions im the end but my main focus right now is fixing bugs and cleaning up the game. It's still on version 0.9 so don't worry there is lots to come. Just going to require a little time ✌?️

I noticed from the list of available pokes that

Mew and Regice/Rock aren't available. I found it odd considering the battle with the admin that has ice/rock is where you catch registeel. Did you just run out of slots to place these three pokemon? Or are they just unavailable for other reasons?

I noticed from the list of available pokes that

Mew and Regice/Rock aren't available. I found it odd considering the battle with the admin that has ice/rock is where you catch registeel. Did you just run out of slots to place these three pokemon? Or are they just unavailable for other reasons?

Mew has to be left out for now for technical reasons. The others I didn't feel like they added enough to the game to warrant their inclusion. They would only be included to complete the trio. I'm working on adding more shadow pokemon as I type this though so they should all find a place if all goes well.

alright, purifying the rest of my mons.

some things i wanted to ask

ETA on next update? i really want to go through this again, but i'm scared of going slow enough that maybe new shadows will be added in the meantime or whatever haha

plans for shadow aura?

The endgame 'mence has headbutt. Why that over like double edge/return/body slam?

thanks in advance

alright, purifying the rest of my mons.

some things i wanted to ask

ETA on next update? i really want to go through this again, but i'm scared of going slow enough that maybe new shadows will be added in the meantime or whatever haha

plans for shadow aura?

The endgame 'mence has headbutt. Why that over like double edge/return/body slam?

thanks in advance

Awesome! The next update will most likely be tomorrow and it will include new shadow Pokemon. The shadow monitor in the pda has also been fixed now. These changes will require a new save file so you should wait before your next playthrough bit you won't have to wait too long ?

headbutt was just to mix things up. There are a lot of bs and de users in XG but you rarely see headbutt. The others are available from the move relearner or within 5 levels anyway.

Awesome! The next update will most likely be tomorrow and it will include new shadow Pokemon. The shadow monitor in the pda has also been fixed now. These changes will require a new save file so you should wait before your next playthrough bit you won't have to wait too long ?

headbutt was just to mix things up. There are a lot of bs and de users in XG but you rarely see headbutt. The others are available from the move relearner or within 5 levels anyway.

Will every new update require a new savefile? If yes, could we eventually get a list of avaible Shadow Pokémon and their location (even if later on)? This is just so I know I didn't miss anything between versions. I'm still in the start for now, I'll probably beat the game once before I update, since I soft-reset a few time for some early on stat rolls.

EDIT: Could we also get a list of PokeSpot Pokemon?

Edited by SirUmnei

Will every new update require a new savefile? If yes, could we eventually get a list of avaible Shadow Pokémon and their location (even if later on)? This is just so I know I didn't miss anything between versions. I'm still in the start for now, I'll probably beat the game once before I update, since I soft-reset a few time for some early on stat rolls.

EDIT: Could we also get a list of PokeSpot Pokemon?

The updates so far work fine with previous save files and most updates will be that way. The next one won't be compatible though. I think I've fixed the problem with the shadow monitor showing old pokemon, but you will still see the old ones if you started the save on a previous version. I'm in the process of adding more shadow pokemon too. If you have passed that pokemon's location in the story then you will never be able to catch it and that would also mean that Miror B won't appear at the end with the last shadow pokemon if you haven't already activated that event before updating. If you don't mind these 2 minor inconveniences then it's okay to use old save files.

-Shadow-Pokemon-ideas'>https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48839-Pokemon-xD-Shadow-Pokemon-ideas

The updates so far work fine with previous save files and most updates will be that way. The next one won't be compatible though. I think I've fixed the problem with the shadow monitor showing old pokemon, but you will still see the old ones if you started the save on a previous version. I'm in the process of adding more shadow pokemon too. If you have passed that pokemon's location in the story then you will never be able to catch it and that would also mean that Miror B won't appear at the end with the last shadow pokemon if you haven't already activated that event before updating. If you don't mind these 2 minor inconveniences then it's okay to use old save files.

-Shadow-Pokemon-ideas'>https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48839-Pokemon-xD-Shadow-Pokemon-ideas

Thank you so much. And good to know that Shadow Pokémon are unique to the first time you fight them. Until now I've caught all of them, I think, so no worries so far.

Awesome! Thanks for fixing the shadow monitor man! Good thing I didn't get too far in my game, then I guess lol.

Just finished purifying everything and clearing mt. battle for the second time. Massive mt. Battle spoilers ahead

What's the difference between Robo Kyogre/Groudon and Regular Kyogre/Groudon? I picked XG001 as my first reward and love the idea of a trainable shadow lugia. And it was cool to fight you at the top :P

Awesome! Thanks for fixing the shadow monitor man! Good thing I didn't get too far in my game, then I guess lol.

:) Good luck!

Just finished purifying everything and clearing mt. battle for the second time. Massive mt. Battle spoilers ahead

What's the difference between Robo Kyogre/Groudon and Regular Kyogre/Groudon? I picked XG001 as my first reward and love the idea of a trainable shadow lugia. And it was cool to fight you at the top :P

Good to hear! They have steel as a secondary typing and have their defensive and offensive stats reversed.

:) Good luck!

Good to hear! They have steel as a secondary typing and have their defensive and offensive stats reversed.

I was wondering if you have Eevee's level up moves somewhere in a document cause I wouldn't want to miss out of some moves if I evolve it too early.

I was wondering if you have Eevee's level up moves somewhere in a document cause I wouldn't want to miss out of some moves if I evolve it too early.

I'll be compiling such a document when the game is more stable but for now things are still changing a lot. In general there aren't any important moves that you can miss on any evolution line. I would evolve it as soon as possible because in eevee's case in particular it can miss out on important moves by not evolving.

Any possibility to make Gyarados a dragon type similarly to Ampharos and Sceptile instead of it's flying typing? To me, it has always made more sense for it to be dragon instead of flying. Just an idea of mine, no need to change it if you'd rather keep it flying. Haven't spoiled myself if Gyarados is actually obtainable or not but even as an opponent it would be nice.