Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Oh, haha you got me. Forgot the one I gave it to had rock head, my bad. And by the protect thing, I feel like there's too many pokemon that are owned by trainers that use protect. imo it doesn't really change a lot when I was going to do the same thing anyways after their protect fails, just makes the already long battles even longer. Maybe I'm just nitpicking though. Thanks for putting up with me .-.

Oh, haha you got me. Forgot the one I gave it to had rock head, my bad. And by the protect thing, I feel like there's too many pokemon that are owned by trainers that use protect. imo it doesn't really change a lot when I was going to do the same thing anyways after their protect fails, just makes the already long battles even longer. Maybe I'm just nitpicking though. Thanks for putting up with me .-.

Yeah I feel the same way about protect actually. I'm really into VGC so I thought protect was just a natural move to have on everything. It makes sense in theory, but in practice it can get tedious. It also made it easier to make move sets for pokemon since I had one move already filled in each time. Now that the game is out I can take a bit of time to update the move sets and remove protect from the trainers that would probably just get wrecked regardless.

thanks for the feedback.

Another bugged move.

Drill Run is broken. When it hits, "A soothing aroma wafted through the arena!" and does no damage, even though it should be doing stuff. For testing, the second Cipher Peon's Donphan of Cipher Key Lair used it on me and it did that. I have a Donphan of my own; want me to test that?

Another bugged move.

Drill Run is broken. When it hits, "A soothing aroma wafted through the arena!" and does no damage, even though it should be doing stuff. For testing, the second Cipher Peon's Donphan of Cipher Key Lair used it on me and it did that. I have a Donphan of my own; want me to test that?

xD that's quite amusing. That's okay I just checked and it seems I just made a slight error. It will be fixed in the next update. Thanks ?

Just finished my first playthrough (not including the final Miror B. battle, a chunk of Mt. Battle, or Orre Colosseum.. I'll get to those soon). Really enjoyed it! Lots of great team options--I'll have to play through the game at least once or twice more because there are a lot of Pokemon I wanted to use but didn't have space for on my team. :)

Minor fixes:

• Earth Power's description isn't updated
  • Moonblast should be one word (rather than Moon Blast)
  • Sludge Wave should be 100 accuracy (unless you intentionally nerfed it)
  • Someone already noted the P2 with Trace in Realgam, but there is also one in Mt. Battle Area 5

Unclear if bugs or other:

• The Protect spam has been mentioned, but I think it's also worth noting that many trainers will use Protect several times consecutively without reason... perhaps an AI issue? Not sure if you have control over something like that.
  • Similarly, Noctowl and Skarmory will often spam Roost (sometimes even while at full HP).

A few thoughts and ideas:

• I generally agree with the notion that the final boss's team should feature new/different Shadow Pokemon (even if it's too late to use them on a team), though I do like seeing the unique abilities (Pixilate, Aerilate, etc.).
  • Shadow Aura is a cool ability concept, but if I'm interpreting its effect correctly, it's useless after purification.. not sure how I feel about this.
  • I like that you're getting Fairy-types involved more (even changing types for some, like Jynx). I think these might be good candidates for some more powerful, later-game Fairies: Milotic, Jirachi, Celebi, Latias
  • For some of the Pokemon that gained evolutions in later generations (Murkrow, Roselia, Aipom, etc.), it might be interesting to have their base stats updated to those of their future evolution. I know many of these aren't obtainable in-game (at least right now), but it's a thought that occurred to me while OHKOing Roselias and Aipoms in Mt. Battle.

Thanks for putting in so much time to make this happen! I've been hoping someone would break into the GC games for a long time. Looking forward to playing more XG soon. :)

• For some of the Pokemon that gained evolutions in later generations (Murkrow, Roselia, Aipom, etc.), it might be interesting to have their base stats updated to those of their future evolution. I know many of these aren't obtainable in-game (at least right now), but it's a thought that occurred to me while OHKOing Roselias and Aipoms in Mt. Battle.

^^^ THISSSS

I think it would be great if the stats of the pokemon drizzletoed mentioned were updated to those of their evolutions, I think it could work pretty well just make pokemon like Murkrow or Sneasel obtainable later in the game so it's more balanced that way. Also, now that we're speaking on Stats, did you mess around with some Pokemon's Stats? I think some are different but it may be just my imagination lol, anyway your hack is awesome man, have had no problems at all and it keeps surprising me, I will totally replay this on future updates.

^^^ THISSSS

I think it would be great if the stats of the pokemon drizzletoed mentioned were updated to those of their evolutions, I think it could work pretty well just make pokemon like Murkrow or Sneasel obtainable later in the game so it's more balanced that way. Also, now that we're speaking on Stats, did you mess around with some Pokemon's Stats? I think some are different but it may be just my imagination lol, anyway your hack is awesome man, have had no problems at all and it keeps surprising me, I will totally replay this on future updates.

He did up a few Pokemon stats to make them stay true to their 6th gen base stats. It might actually feel strong considering all the Pokemon that were introduced after 3rd gen had a good chance of making sure they didn't appear too strong, but when it's just 3rd gen and down with the stat upgrades, it probably feels really nice.

bug?

When inflicted by infestation, it says "X was Wrapped by the opponent!" Should "Wrapped" be changed? or is this intentional

Also, text error

When finishing Cipher Key Lair, the workers say that they've been robbed. The one in the back next to the production line of shadows states that Shadow Dragonite was stolen, but then says Ho-oh is the last authentic one left.

What did you increase the shiny rate to?

I ask because I actually got two shinies in my first playthrough:

Croconaw and Metagross

Not sure if you made the rate particularly high or if I just got really lucky.

Lucky ducky. The only shiny I've found was a Cipher Kanga.

Oh and also. When your Pokemon get paralyzed, and it tries to use a priority move, it'll act as a normal move rather than trying to go first.

It's status in general. I tried to use one of the new ones when i was frozen, and it didn't go first.

EDIT: Found my first shiny, haha.

1QftM5g.png

Found a bug with aerial ace. The move shows that it has a power of 90 on both my scyther's move list and on the re-learners list of available moves but shows only 60 when trying to teach the move through the TM itself. The move's power should be 60 right? So is this a visual bug or did you purposely or accidently make it 90 instead?

EDIT: Taught the TM to a random poke and it does show 60 after all so either this is a scyther specific issue or the aerial ace learned through leveling is stronger or just visually bugged.

Found a bug with aerial ace. The move shows that it has a power of 90 on both my scyther's move list and on the re-learners list of available moves but shows only 60 when trying to teach the move through the TM itself. The move's power should be 60 right? So is this a visual bug or did you purposely or accidently make it 90 instead?

I think the 90 BP is because the power is hardcoded onto the pokemon itself with the ability. The 60 is probably the mistake; does it still show as 60 in scyther's moveset when taught by TM?

It's the same thing with the other boosting abilities like

-ates and Sheer Force

I think the 90 BP is because the power is hardcoded onto the pokemon itself with the ability. The 60 is probably the mistake; does it still show as 60 in scyther's moveset when taught by TM?

It's the same thing with the other boosting abilities like

-ates and Sheer Force

Oh so Technician automatically shows the amount after the boost? I actually didn't know that, it's probably that then couse quick attack is at 60 too.

Just finished my first playthrough (not including the final Miror B. battle, a chunk of Mt. Battle, or Orre Colosseum.. I'll get to those soon). Really enjoyed it! Lots of great team options--I'll have to play through the game at least once or twice more because there are a lot of Pokemon I wanted to use but didn't have space for on my team. :)

Minor fixes:

• Earth Power's description isn't updated
  • Moonblast should be one word (rather than Moon Blast)
  • Sludge Wave should be 100 accuracy (unless you intentionally nerfed it)
  • Someone already noted the P2 with Trace in Realgam, but there is also one in Mt. Battle Area 5

Unclear if bugs or other:

• The Protect spam has been mentioned, but I think it's also worth noting that many trainers will use Protect several times consecutively without reason... perhaps an AI issue? Not sure if you have control over something like that.
  • Similarly, Noctowl and Skarmory will often spam Roost (sometimes even while at full HP).

• I generally agree with the notion that the final boss's team should feature new/different Shadow Pokemon (even if it's too late to use them on a team), though I do like seeing the unique abilities (Pixilate, Aerilate, etc.).
  • Shadow Aura is a cool ability concept, but if I'm interpreting its effect correctly, it's useless after purification.. not sure how I feel about this.
  • I like that you're getting Fairy-types involved more (even changing types for some, like Jynx). I think these might be good candidates for some more powerful, later-game Fairies: Milotic, Jirachi, Celebi, Latias

Thanks for putting in so much time to make this happen! I've been hoping someone would break into the GC games for a long time. Looking forward to playing more XG soon. :)

Fixes:

I noticed sludgewave's accuracy as well and that has already been fixed for the next update. The rest will also be handled. Thanks :)

Glad you're all so observant!

Yeah most of the AI in the game is pretty pathetic. I don't really know how it works atm but it is something I'm planning to look into. Hopefully it works similarly to colosseum. Each trainer is given a particular strategy. The irrelevant trainers use random moves without strategy so will often make silly plays. Some trainers will always use the move that will do the most damage to whichever pokemon is in front of them. Some will use protect + eearthquake/explosion. I've even seen some use fire moves on their own flash fire pokemon. Most of the battle discs have an AI that just uses each of the pokemon's moves in order which makes it easier to choreograph the battle. A lot of the time if the AI is specific to the pokemon and I change them out it doesn't work properly and they make weird moves.

From what I've seen orre colosseum's AI is pretty fantastic, even with completely new pokemon. I'd like to see if I can use that on other trainers.

Thoughts and ideas:

As for the final boss team, since I've heard that a couple of times now I'm curious to hear what you would suggest as a final boss team. It's something I'll have to think about.

Shadow aura I'm also not sure how I feel about it xD. I was debating whether or not to include it for a while and just decided to do it for fun. I'll probably remove it in the end.

Yeah I thought about adding even more fairy types, in particular I considered milotic and either jirachi or celebi as well. I did get some comments from when the hack was just announced about people worried about type/stat changes. I'd love to change a lot of things but then it gets intimidating for people who don't know all the changes to pick up the game. I know I feel that way about other peoples' hacks that I don't know.

Again with the updated stats for the pokemon with evolutions in later games. It's something I was considering right through the project but for the same reason elected not to. There are a lot of johto pokemon in particular who could benefit from it but there will always be a divide in opinion on these matters so I played it safe and kept them as they were. I think I actually changed sneasel's stats to weavile's at one point since they are actually quite similar. I can't remember if I ever changed it back though. Maybe I'll make a poll.

It's good to see you enjoyed XG! Thanks for playing.

^^^ THISSSS

As for updating the stats, refer to the response above. Yeah most stat changes were done just to be true to gen 6 as someone else pointed out I believe. I have been working on XG for about a year now actually and at first it was really just for me and my brothers to mess around with. There may be a few less predictable changes that I made over time which I could never be bothered to undo. For example, I think glalie, tropius and pidgeot got more drastic buffs just because I felt like they needed some love. The decision to try and keep as much as possible true to canon came a lot later in development so there may be random buffs of like +10 on other pokemon I liked although I don't think there are too many.

Trying to patch on Mac using NUPS but all it says is "Error opening file (ISO file)". Anyone willing to send me patched iso file privately? Thanks.

Umm I made the patch uses a program called "multipatch" in the first place so you could try that on mac?

bug?

When inflicted by infestation, it says "X was Wrapped by the opponent!" Should "Wrapped" be changed? or is this intentional

Also, text error

When finishing Cipher Key Lair, the workers say that they've been robbed. The one in the back next to the production line of shadows states that Shadow Dragonite was stolen, but then says Ho-oh is the last authentic one left.

whoops, will update those! Thank you.

i found a new bug with the text of the attack superpower: 22fdc1-1465229410.png

and i found the next shiny and still this isn't a shadow one BibleThump 44865c-1465238280.png

I think that's just the actual text from the original game. I didn't change it. xD was both Gen III and developed by Genius Sonority rather than game freak so there are odd things like that. Interestingly, "Frenzy Plant" is called "Solid Plant" in Colo/XD hahaha.

What did you increase the shiny rate to?

I ask because I actually got two shinies in my first playthrough:

Croconaw and Metagross

Not sure if you made the rate particularly high or if I just got really lucky.

It's around 0.5% or 1 in 200 I believe. It's a lot closer to what you find in Gen VI with the masuda method and lucky charm and all that.

On the text for Leaf Storm, it says "Fires a flurry of sharp leaves." however doesn't mention about the special attack drop majorly afterwards.

Will update that too thanks!

Oh and also. When your Pokemon get paralyzed, and it tries to use a priority move, it'll act as a normal move rather than trying to go first.

I guess that's just how the game is programmed. Again, xD was both Gen III and developed by Genius Sonority rather than game freak so there are odd things like that.

EDIT: Taught the TM to a random poke and it does show 60 after all so either this is a scyther specific issue or the aerial ace learned through leveling is stronger or just visually bugged.

Indeed just because they were put in by a very hacky method they will show the boosted power. As I learn more about the game's ASM I should be able to put these things in in a more legit fashion.

Indeed just because they were put in by a very hacky method they will show the boosted power. As I learn more about the game's ASM I should be able to put these things in in a more legit fashion.

Tried experimenting with another under 60 move, false swipe to see if it gets boosted but for some reason it doesn't show it at least. That one still shows 40 afterwards but i'm assuming it still gets boosted? So it doesn't show up for every single move then it seems.

Tried experimenting with another under 60 move, false swipe to see if it gets boosted but for some reason it doesn't show it at least. That one still shows 40 afterwards but i'm assuming it still gets boosted? So it doesn't show up for every single move then it seems.

Only moves they can actually learn. Like I said, it's really hacky. xD

A lot of things are broken/hacky but together they make something one can enjoy.