Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

I've started playing for a little while now, everything seems to be working fine! I'm in Gateon Port and got to watch the Zeke battle vs the guy in blue, and the guy in blue lost LOOL is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: Also, are shadow pokemon stronger? I feel as if I don't do much damage to them while they are wrecking me hardcore, either that or I'm just a pansy.

No it isn't supposed to happen. I thought zangoose should always be OHKO'd but I guess it's a roll? I'll ev it to always OHKO.

Yeah the shadow moves are stronger than in xD. At the hexagon brothers in xD you face moves like shadow wave which is a 40 base power spread move. with the 25% power reduction due to being a spread move it is effectively a 30 base power move. Also the pokemon you face just have better stats. It can be a little bit of a challenge but once you snag one or two of them it should be simple enough.

for people who don't have a really strong pc use the Ishiiruka Dolphin build, the build runs faster then the original one. and i found a bug

a47456-1465021844.png

a lot of TMs have the problem.

I haven't heard of the Ishiiruka build. I'm excited to try it out.

If you mean the text coming out of the box, I saw that too but I reckon it's because of forcing the game to run in a wider screen. The description is the exact same as it is in the original game so there's no other reason for it not to fit.

The original post has been updated with v0.9.1 which addresses the issues which have been raised so far. It's completely compatible with your current saves so you can just switch straight over to the new version. Make sure you apply the patch to a clean rom once again.

I also added a change log to the post to detail the changes.

Hello! First off, this hack is really nice. Playing through it right now; and I'm at ONBS. There's some bugs i noticed, so i'll put them in spoilers just in case because they can reveal stuff.

Nuzzle doesn't activate on Lightning Rod, even though being an Electric type move.

Prankster doesn't have an ability description- maybe the same for Technician too?

There's some textual oddities; mainly at the beginning. Prof. Pine always attaches to the word before it, and there's some minor quirks in wording. I can replay through the game after I beat it first to show you, if you'd like.

In the first cutscene where you meet Trudly and Folly with Mr Johnson(Mac and Danny); Mr. Johnson continually refers to them as Dan and Danny even when Folly/Mac says otherwise. Intentional?

Not really a bug, but I just found a level 34 Pupitar and a level 30 Suicune in the Pokespots. This is at the point where trainer pokemon are 23-25. I get that you can't really curve Pokespots, but there's an overwhelming potential to sweep the game with stuff like that.

Overall, nice job on the hack, really enjoying it!

EDIT: Just a question, but

How does Hidden Power work in this game? Are the shadows rigged to have max power IVs? Noticed this with Electrike, Grovyle, and Magnemite as in they had Ice/Fire/Fire respectively at 60 power.

Thanks in advance!

This is probably an inconsequential bug, but the new abilities don't seem to work after being traced. I traced huge power and was hitting just as hard as before

Yeah I removed trace from the game as a result. Did you get trace in game or through some alternate means? Huge power isn't a new ability btw, is that the one you meant?

Yeah I removed trace from the game as a result. Did you get trace in game or through some alternate means?

changed my Ralts' Ability to Trace. No idea you removed the functionality though. I'll change it back to Synchronize

Hello! First off, this hack is really nice. Playing through it right now; and I'm at ONBS. There's some bugs i noticed, so i'll put them in spoilers just in case because they can reveal stuff.

Nuzzle doesn't activate on Lightning Rod, even though being an Electric type move.

Prankster doesn't have an ability description- maybe the same for Technician too?

There's some textual oddities; mainly at the beginning. Prof. Pine always attaches to the word before it, and there's some minor quirks in wording. I can replay through the game after I beat it first to show you, if you'd like.

In the first cutscene where you meet Trudly and Folly with Mr Johnson(Mac and Danny); Mr. Johnson continually refers to them as Dan and Danny even when Folly/Mac says otherwise. Intentional?

Not really a bug, but I just found a level 34 Pupitar and a level 30 Suicune in the Pokespots. This is at the point where trainer pokemon are 23-25. I get that you can't really curve Pokespots, but there's an overwhelming potential to sweep the game with stuff like that.

Overall, nice job on the hack, really enjoying it!

EDIT: Just a question, but

How does Hidden Power work in this game? Are the shadows rigged to have max power IVs? Noticed this with Electrike, Grovyle, and Magnemite as in they had Ice/Fire/Fire respectively at 60 power.

Thanks in advance!

Wow a lot to get through:

1. Have no idea what happened with nuzzle, I'll have to look into it.

2. I wasn't aware of the missing description, will fix it in the next update

3. The prof.pine text errors have been corrected in the recently uploaded update. the dan/danny error will be corrected in the next update

4. Yeah it was a hard choice with how to level the pokespots. They were all pitifully weak in xD but I wanted a few stronger options. They're harder to catch when they're overlevelled so you may struggle to catch them in the first place. Did you manage to catch any of them at that point? I may make it even harder or just elect to descrease their levels. We'll see.

5. Hidden power is independent of IVs now. The types and damage are hard coded for convenience. (60 power being to be in line with gen 6 of course)

changed my Ralts' Ability to Trace. No idea you removed the functionality though. I'll change it back to Synchronize

Ah I thought so, just checking that I didn't miss something. In general I had to break a lot of things to add a lot of things. To make an omelette you have to break a few eggs as the adage goes. A lot of things won't work as they used to or as they might be expected to so they've been removed from the game.

Wow a lot to get through:

1. Have no idea what happened with nuzzle, I'll have to look into it.

2. I wasn't aware of the missing description, will fix it in the next update

3. The prof.pine text errors have been corrected in the recently uploaded update. the dan/danny error will be corrected in the next update

4. Yeah it was a hard choice with how to level the pokespots. They were all pitifully weak in xD but I wanted a few stronger options. They're harder to catch when they're overlevelled so you may struggle to catch them in the first place. Did you manage to catch any of them at that point? I may make it even harder or just elect to descrease their levels. We'll see.

5. Hidden power is independent of IVs now. The types and damage are hard coded for convenience. (60 power being to be in line with gen 6 of course)

okay cool.

4. I did catch them, yeah. Now I have

a level 30 suicune, a level 34 Pupitar, and a level 38 Pupitar chilling in my purification chamber. My main team is level 24-26.

Alright, nice! Would I have to get a new xD ISO to attach the newly updated patch?

Thanks for answering my questions.

okay cool.

4. I did catch them, yeah. Now I have

a level 30 suicune, a level 34 Pupitar, and a level 38 Pupitar chilling in my purification chamber. My main team is level 24-26.

Alright, nice! Would I have to get a new xD ISO to attach the newly updated patch?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Hmm I'll probably just reduce the levels then. Thanks :).

Yes the patches should always be applied to a clean ISO. Make sure you keep a spare before patching.

Just caught a certain fiery puppy. The game is fantastic so far though. Can't figure out how many encounters are at Pokespots though, I seem to find nothing but Pupitar and Trapinch at the Rock one.

There are 3 at each pokespot like in the original. The third one has a 10% chance ;).

On the 3rd round of the Pyrite Colosseum, the first person says when he loses, "My wingull! My Roselia! My Rhyhorn!" when he didn't have a wingull, he had an Electabuzz.

Yeah there will still be a few inconsistencies like that from time to time. I'll be slowly editing them out but since they don't really affect the game they won't be an immediate priority.

Yeah there will still be a few inconsistencies like that from time to time. I'll be slowly editing them out but since they don't really affect the game they won't be an immediate priority.

I'm aware haha. I'm just telling you so you know is all.

Ah, alright. Also, when does a certain PokeDoll Pokemon learn Moonblast? :o

Level 45, or if you've evolved it you can go to the move relearner at mt. battle and relearn it for 5 pokecoupons (it says 1000 but it's really 5)

Level 45, or if you've evolved it you can go to the move relearner at mt. battle and relearn it for 5 pokecoupons (it says 1000 but it's really 5)

Now that's a good idea. I was getting really tired of it being ridiculously weak without Shadow Soul so this is some great information. Thank you!

Adding on to this, at Phenac right now. My main team is levels

27-30. I almost wiped against a level 38 Altaria... you might be better off reducing them to the levels of the rares for trade, at mid to high 20s.

Anyway, thanks again!

For the pokespot stuff

Perthaps simply lower the levels of the non-legendaries. The legendaries, from what I read earlier, are a rarer encounter, and a lower catch rate, so it'd be like how you could get the Beasts when you're in your 20s and they are in their 40s if you were lucky and skilled enough.