Pokémon Sigma Ruby

Favna

Hello all,

Over the past two weeks I have been working on my romhack of Pokémon Omega Ruby titled Pokémon Sigma Ruby. I have chosen Sigma as this is like Omega and Alpha another letter in the Greek Alphabet as well as that it feels suiting for an improved Pokémon Ruby game.  

The most important change in Pokémon Sigma Ruby is that not just the Inverse Battle trainer battles you with the types inversed, no, ALL battles are now following the Inverse type effectiveness.

~Screenshots~

List of features

A full list of changes such as those made to Pokémon, moves and evolutions can be found in the .pdf file included in the download!

• The game has a new icon and banner!
  • The game has a new title screen!
  • Many Pokémon have had their base stats slightly updated to make them more viable.
  • Difficult or impossible evolutions (i.e. trade evolutions) have been taken out
  • Some Pokémon have had their typing updated
  • There have been updates on move stats
  • Various Slateport City Market stores have had their items swapped
  • To improve the viability of the above various purchase prices have been swapped
  • Various signs have had their content changed. Try to find them all!
  • Various gift Pokémon have been changed.
  • Various static Pokémon have been changed.

Download

Probably the most important section of the post right?

Click here to download

The download has a xdelta patch along with the program, readme instructions on how to apply it and a `bat` (batch) file for Windows users to do so for them. Please refer to the readme file for patching your game with the changes. Taken from the README:

1. Place a clean Omega Ruby .cia rom in the same folder as the downloaded files.
2. Rename the rom to omegaruby.cia
3. Run the patcher.bat

Notes

• This game cannot be installed alongside an already existing omega ruby as the romhack won't have a custom TitleID. Please remove any existing Omega Ruby first.
  • If you're already playing a copy of Omega Ruby you will have to remove all updates from that (CTR-U-ECRA/P/E/J is the ProductID for DevMenu/BigBlueMenu) or the romhack will not work.
  • The text has been edited for the English version only!
  • Since this hack makes no changes to the save file structure you can inject or extract the save file perfectly normal

Special Thanks

• Kaphotics: For creating the amazing pk3ds as well as GARCTool
  • SciresM: For making various tools that are now integrated in pk3ds
  • Asia81: For the tutorial on how to decrypt, extract and repack a 3DS rom
  • Rei: For Ohana3DS which has allowed me to make various texture edits
  • ihaveamac (aka ihaveahax) for his continued support while using 3dstool, ctrtool and makerom as well as his amazing work on 3dsconv.py
  • squee666 for his support in making the custom icon and banner
  • Astronautlevel for his awesome work on StarUpdater and Luma3DS Nightlies.
  • Everyone else who is involved in the 3DS hacking community to make CFW possible. Tuxsh, AuroraWright, Smealum, Yellows8, Plailect, derrek, plutoo, d0k3, delebile and everyone else!

Changelog

Hidden inside the spoiler fold to hide a bulk of text:

Spoiler

Version 2.0:

• Completely rebuild the romhack from scratch because lost most of the original files. I used my own changes documentation and what I could remember to rebuild it.

Version 1.3:

• Updated various parts of the story text to reflect changes made in the game elsewhere such as type effectiveness references
  • Various Grass type Pokémon had water immunity abilities which is a bother as Water is super effective on Grass. These have been changed
    • Maractus no longer has Water Absorb nor Storm Drain. They are replaced with Rough Skin and Grass Pelt respectively.
    • Lileep and Cradily no longer get Storm Drain. It is replaced with Stench.
    • Cacnea and Cacturne had Water Absorb removed, their set of 3 abilities is now Sand Veil, Rough Skin or Sand Stream (Hidden).
  • I have added various extra references by NPC's. To give hints on where to find them:
    • A scientist in a building in Rustburo City.
    • A backpacker in Lilycove City.
    • A PokeManiac in the Lilycove PokeCenter.
    • An evil team couple on Battle Resort.
    • Various brown signs across the region.
  • Updated wild and static encounter tables to reflect other changes made throughout the game

Version 1.2:

• Once again an update on the banner. Again thanks to Squee666!
  • Including an optional romfs build which includes a Busy May mod Battle model! Removed in 2.0

Version 1.1:

• Updated icon, banner and title screen thanks to great work by Izy and them being cringed by my own work

Version 1.0:

• Initial release

image.gif

image.gif

I initially intended for this to go up on Rom Editing Showcase, however posts of that subforum require mod approval which is not being granted on my posts.

Sorry about that. If it happens again, send me a PM and I'll get to it ASAP.

Good work on your ROM Hack!

Sorry about that. If it happens again, send me a PM and I'll get to it ASAP.

Good work on your ROM Hack!

All good ;)! I was partially still just waiting and partially too busy with life stuff anyway haha.

• 4 weeks later...

VERSION 1.3 UPDATE

• Updated various parts of the story text to reflect changes made in the game elsewhere such as type effectiveness references
  • Various Grass type Pokémon had water immunity abilities which is a bother as Water is super effective on Grass. These have been changed
    • Maractus no longer has Water Absorb nor Storm Drain. They are replaced with Rough Skin and Grass Pelt respectively.
    • Lileep and Cradily no longer get Storm Drain. It is replaced with Stench.
    • Cacnea and Cacturne had Water Absorb removed, their set of 3 abilities is now Sand Veil, Rough Skin or Sand Stream (Hidden).

[*]I have added various extra references by NPC's. To give hints on where to find them:

• A scientist in a building in Rustburo City.
    • A backpacker in Lilycove City.
    • A PokeManiac in the Lilycove PokeCenter.
    • An evil team couple on Battle Resort.

[*]Various brown signs across the region.

[*]Updated wild and static encounter tables to reflect other changes made throughout the game

-removed-

• 3 years later...