Mugshot/trainer names Pokemon ORAS

So I need to know how to edit the names you see when entering a gym battle (during the mugshot) and the names of the trainers before the battle when the game says "you are challenged by _____". Someone please help there are no gen 6 hacking tutorials I could find to help me with this.

The name plates are in file 2/1/4. "You are challenged by [Trainer Name]" Is done through Pk3DS's text editor. Read through the threads in the ROM research and development section and it should answer most if not all of your questions.

Under the "Game Text" button here are the important locations for each thing you'd normally replace.

File 21: Trainer Class

File 22: Trainer Names

File 23: Trainer's Dialogue

Likewise, Kaphotics has compiled a list of what most of the GARC files in OR/AS hold. You can use it as a reference to find exactly what you need fairly easily.

http://pastebin.com/4bg3q6FL

Thanks for the tips. I understand most of it, but there was one thing I couldn't find in rom research and development and that was how to actually edit the nameplates on the mugshots. Do I just get a font and write the name I want and replace it or do I actually have to edit the original name in a program?

It's done in the same way as the Trainer Mugshots. The name plates are .bclim images, so basically all you have to do is write a name in an image editor, such as Photoshop, save it and convert it back to a bclim in the same way you would for the Mugshots.