Narwhal and Illithian's Sig Thread

Narwhal

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, there's going to be a delay on Riolu's Banner, someone else should take a try I think, i'll still continue on the banner as well but it will take a while so it'll be better if someone could satisfy his needs for the time being/brush up on their skills (When was the last time you made something Narwhal?)

I believe I found a way to get CS5 Extended again. It's another 30 day free trial thing, so ~Crosses Fingers~

I have photoshop again, but I've been commissioned to make some badges, and that takes precedence at the moment.

Edited by Sabeta

Toffeuy: Wow, I haven't made a sig in a while. I'll make one now. :o Do I remember? ...

EDIT: Guess I do! Looking good so far. Also, has anyone heard from Illithian?

EDIT (again): Ta-da!

10zoeth.png

Took about 30 minutes.

You can see the brushes (with a little glow :) ), an overlay of diagonal lines, a white lens flare, a glow on Riolu, a thin outline on the name... I did a mask for the eyes and the rest is just setting the shade of the background. I think it came out great.

The background is a gradient with GIMPressionist applied, then I did an overlay of white lines, and another overlay with a gradient that's white at the top and black at the bottom. Then I did a mask for the eyes and set the rest to value, then did brushes, duplicated the brush layer, blurred the new one, and set it to overlay. For Riolu's glow, I did a drop shadow, motion blurred it out, did a circular gradient with blue for the edges, and took out the part of the glow that had Riolu in it so he would still be blue. Then I made a layer with black, did a lens flare, took away the black, and made the whole lens flare white.

Just putting this in a spoiler cuz it's a long post.

Hi guys, I know I'm new but it would be great to have a sig (makes you look like you've been here for ages :P)

Font: Handel Gothic (in case you don't have it: http://tinyurl.com/28k8vd6)

Text: Spartan Pikachu (somewhere in a corner, Spartan above Pikachu)

Spartan

Pikachu

Background: a Halo theme of some sort (corny, I know)

Main Picture: Pikachu with a Master Chief helmet stuck on his head, trying to get it off

Thanks in advance.

Ok, that was my original post a few months back, and I was wondering if someone could please put it in the lineup? BTW, I may start doing some sigs next week after my exams, I'll post a picture I've been working on for media to show you guys what I can do. I may need some help though because all in all, I've only done about 3 hours worth on GIMP, so yeah. End of post.

Cool, thanks Narwhal. By the way, did you read the other thing I mentioned in my post? Cause' here it is:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Finished_Poster.jpg (File too big to be in post by self or in spoiler)

Also, for all the people who are doing sigs, i recomend you use filesmelt.com instead of Photobucket because it's free, you don't need an account and there's no messing around to find the link to the file. (I use it for the very little filesharing I do) I just realized that it is for instant file sharing and not to be up forever... Go back to Photobucket and Tinypic...

BTW, I noticed the little 'N' in the top left corner Narwhal. Very sneaky...

P.S. Can you give me the .xcf file for it? I want to mess around with it to make an avvie and to see how you did it.

Edited by Splittah
Added more info

Yeah, no probs, I'll keep the little n in the top left corner.

Edit: Yeah, Rapidshare doesn't like me. Can you try something else? Namely filesmelt. Just click on simple.

Edit(again): It likes me again, don't worry. You should try filesmelt.

Edited by Splittah
Added more text

Ok, real weird... Maybe it's just me but I played around with the .xcf file of my sig to make an avatar and when I saved it in png (the same type as the sig) its a lot less clearer. Any ideas?

Edit: As you can see in my avatar there <--

Edited by Splittah

I did resize it so I opened up the .xcf file again, did the same thing without resizing pikachu and now I can't see the text. I also don't want to resize that either in case it screws up again so I gave the text an outline of black and some inside grey but that didn't work either. It turned out faded, which is weird. Any suggestions?

I would like a signature that has a Mew like the one on my avatar furthest left, a shiny Latios in the middle, and Arceus to the right lined up on the left overlapping a little facing the right and on the right, facing them, an identical Mew across from the first, a Slaking across from Latios, and Origin Giratina across from Arceus, all of them looking like they are about to battle the one across from them, on a bacground like the Future in PMD Explorers of Sky (floating rocks, no plants at all, fissures, gray sky, and little to no color) and MYUU493 in the middle between them and slightly above in a text that looks like sunlight shining down with sunbeams spreading out. Sorry about the long post, but I want it done right the first time without screwups. I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, I just want it right. again, sorry.

EXAMPLE: Mew,Latios,Arceus_______MYUU493_______Origin Giratina,Slaking,Identical Mew

EDIT: Thanks, Spartan Pikachu. Didn't know you could delete it.

Edited by Myuu493