GEN 3 Event Pokemon In GEN 3 Save

This is a project I started working on a few months go, then shared on my own site where it gained some interest from members on here also. I have decided to cross post here in the hope more people might want to get involved.

HaxAras who is also a member of Project Pokemon has easily contributed as many hours as I have in putting this save community save of GEN 3 Event Pokemon together, this has essentially become our personal project.

The goal of this project is to have a community save which contains as many Legit GEN 3 event Pokemon as possible, which are still in GEN 3. This is easier said than done as a lot of people have since palparked them in to newer Pokemon games.

This save is for an English copy of Pokemon Fire Red (UK and US tested), however you should be able to restore the save to other language versions of Pokemon Fire Red also.

Credits:

Although I started and have probably put around 40+ hours in to this project so far, it would be nothing without the massive contributions from the following people.

HaxAras - Continued help with developing this save, HaxAras has contributed many Pokemon from his personal collection and purchased additional hardware to enable him to contribute more.

vi3t - Publicly posted Pokemon Fire Red Save this is based on, which contained some nice event Pokemon.

Big Mike - Contributed event's to HaxAras

King Impoleon - Publicly posted Aura Mew Box, Space Center Deoxys Box and Doel Deoxys.

Nigol - 111 Ageto Celebi

GameFaqs - Random saves on there uploaded many years ago contained some legit event Pokemon in this save

Download:

Pokemon GEN3 Legit Event Pokemon Save Download 

Want to contribute?

If you have some GEN 3 event Pokemon you would like to contribute then please do get in touch. I can work with GBA Pokemon Saves from any region, Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire saves from any region or even .g3pkm files.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 2

This is nice, but what's up with the random hacked shiny Charizard in the Japanese events box? :P

Also

[*]Jirachi (JPN) - Not sure if event or not, however JPN Jirachi's are uncommon in GEN3

Why include it if you weren't even sure it was an event, but yet you say, to the best of your knowledge, all Pokémon in this save are legit.

Japanese or not, if it's legit it has to be an event.

It is an event, however. Pre-order movie ticket for Jirachi: Wish Maker. And afaik it was also distributed at Pokémon Festa and World Hobby Fair, and through Corocoro.

Not to diss on the amount of work that went into this save or anything, but if you do want everything in the save file to all be legit events, then Pokémon which you aren't sure of probably shouldn't be added until you're certain they are fine.

Also not entirely sure if we should trust random GameFAQs saves, but your call. I'm going to assume you checked the events in those saves to see if they were at least legal.

Can you elaborate on why you think these are all legit? Not saying that they aren't, but it seems some events (particularly the Japanese ones) have unknown GBA PIDs, and I have no idea if those events really had unknown PID generation methods that we don't know about, or if they were supposed to use the same methods as other English events.

And if they did use some kind of unknown PID generation method, how would we go about knowing if they are legit? We wouldn't be able to properly check them. Were they obtained by a trusted person who we know really went to the event and got them?

How come the SPACE C Deoxys in Box 1 all have Ruby as their game of origin, but the one in Box 12 (ENGEVENT) has game of origin set to Emerald?

Where were those events obtained?

As far as I can tell, the box of Deoxys seems ok. Or at least, they all follow the same standard of known event PIDs, with matching nature and IVs. But the one in the ENGEVENTS box is definitely a hack. It's a good thing that we do have the near-full box of valid ones, at least.

Also how come the first 10ANNIV Lugia has Fateful encounter flag checked, but the second one doesn't? Also has 0 in all IVs. Same for the first Ho-Oh, Fateful encounter flag is checked and 0 IVs across the board.

I do appreciate the effort of putting this together, but before adding anything to this, before saying that everything is legit, a more thorough screening needs to be done.

Can you elaborate on why you think these are all legit? Not saying that they aren't, but it seems some events (particularly the Japanese ones) have unknown GBA PIDs, and I have no idea if those events really had unknown PID generation methods that we don't know about, or if they were supposed to use the same methods as other English events.

And if they did use some kind of unknown PID generation method, how would we go about knowing if they are legit?.

I appreciate your feedback, this is maybe where you can teach me something here, you say. I presuming the PID is something that can't be seen in game and you need some sort of 3rd party tool for this?

I have been checking the info I can find about the events, then comparing it to the Pokemon in question. For example in regards to Regice theirs information about the event on Bulbapedia about it, I have checked this against the Pokemon in question:

regice.png

Maybe i dont know as much about checking the legitimacy of Pokemon as what is possible. If so then my mistake i believed I was doing the best that was possible. However if more checks can be done with tools and such then this is something i need to learn, so would probably be best to remove the save for now.

I'd been reading up on the events here:

PID can't be seen in-game. You have to look at it using save editors.

I used A-Save for this, and used Legal.exe to check them (after having converted the Pokémon to Gen. IV format.)

The problem with Gen. III events is that, for many of them, it can be really difficult to properly hack check them, because we don't know exactly how they worked, we don't know exactly how actual legitimate ones were generated, hence they get classified as Unknown GBA type PID in legal.exe

A lot of Gen. III events were generated using the B-A-C-D ® method, and some can also appear as B-A-C-D (U). However, my knowledge of GBA events is limited, and you would be better off asking someone who knows more about those other Japanese events. Many events that show up as Unknown GBA type PID in legal.exe are actually legitimate events, but we just don't know exactly how their PID works and with what method it was generated, so we can't check it against any known methods. For example, Jirachi from the English Colosseum Bonus disk uses B-A-C-D ®, and when checked through Legal.exe, will show up as Common GBA event [Restricted], but Celebi from the Japanese Bonus disk uses some unknown PID generation method, and even legitimate ones will show up as Unknown GBA type.

Like I said, my knowledge of GBA events is limited, so you would probably have to find someone who knows a lot more about events, especially Japanese ones. I can find Gen. IV .pkm files of the Japanese events elsewhere, for Hadou Mew/Regis, that show up as Common GBA event [Restricted] with Ruby as the game of origin, but what tells me that this is how legit Hadou Mew/Regis look like? Maybe they truly used some kind of unknown PID generation method and truly had Emerald as the game of origin, and I would have no idea.

Gen. IV and onwards was a lot easier, since every event complied to the same standard no matter where you were in the world and no matter the method of distribution (aside from some more obsure events such as the GTS ones.)

This is nice, but what's up with the random hacked shiny Charizard in the Japanese events box? :P

Also

Why include it if you weren't even sure it was an event, but yet you say, to the best of your knowledge, all Pokémon in this save are legit.

Japanese or not, if it's legit it has to be an event.

It is an event, however. Pre-order movie ticket for Jirachi: Wish Maker. And afaik it was also distributed at Pokémon Festa and World Hobby Fair, and through Corocoro.

Not to diss on the amount of work that went into this save or anything, but if you do want everything in the save file to all be legit events, then Pokémon which you aren't sure of probably shouldn't be added until you're certain they are fine.

The Japanese Jirachi in the HaxAras box turned out to be a movie Jirachi. The info just never got updated. For example, the third Jirachi in the box HaxAras is also a Channel Jirachi. Here are the Pokemon I contributed and how I obtained them.

Ageto Celebi - Obtained from my friend Mike and myself using my Japanese Colosseum Save and bonus disks.

Mattle Ho-oh (JPN) - Obtained myself from beating Mt.Battle on the Japanese Colosseum

Colosseum Pikachu - Obtained myself using my Japanese Colosseum bonus disk.

Japanese Berry Fix Zigzagoon - Given to me by my friend Mike.

Mitsuruni/Jungle Tour Celebi - Obtained by my friend Mike and sent to me.

Wishmaker Jirachi (Shiny & Non) - I contributed the shiny Wishmaker Jirachi. Mike downloaded the shiny Wishmaker Jirachi save from this site and used it to obtain the Jirachi for himself before sending it to me. I contributed the leveled Wishmaker Jirachi in the HaxAras box. (I may have sent others, I don't remember.)

Mattle Ho-oh - Obtained myself, from clearing the English Colosseum.

Rocks Metang - Found on a GameFAQ's save.

JEREMY - All 3 were found on the same save.

English Agate Celebi and Colos Pikachu. - Obtained myself using a GameCube Action replay and English Colosseum disk. The Pokemon are on the disk and translated (Not entirely) but you can get them with the right code. I have a video of the process.

Elemental Hyper Beam Johto Starters - Beat Mt.Battle in PKMN xD: 3 times to get them.

Surfing Pichu - Filled Pokemon Box to get it.

Contest Pokemon - Used a GameFaq's page to find templats for the Pokemon before catching/breeding them.

Battle Tower Team - Bred myself, Suicune was caught myself in Colosseum. (Needed a legit, below LV.50 Suicune that was bold for the Emerald Battle Frontier.) Thanks to a friend Cody"TheMachine" for the templates.

3 Jirachi in the HaxAras Box - Stated above but I'll say it again. Channel Jirachi (GameFaq's save), JPN Jirachi (Given to my by my friend Mike. Is a Japanese movie Jirachi), Wishmaker Jirachi (Obtained myself back in 2008)

Southern Island - Obtained myself using my E-reader and Eon Ticket. Japanese one may have been mine or Mikes, I can't remember.

Navel Rock - Obtained by Mike, sent to me.

Pokemon Box Eggs - Obtained myself by repeated use and filling Pokemon Box. (Legal/legit copy of the game.)

Box of Berry Fix Zigzagoon - Tediously generated using my Interactive Multi Game Demo Disk. (V.16) (Different from the entire save I uploaded elsewhere on this site.)

Sources

The Japanese Pokemon I obtained from my friend Mike and the shiny Wishmaker Jirachi.

- Before I had a 3DS R4, we used to trade Pokemon to my Pokemon Colosseum save and back it up and send it to eachother. He lives half the country away from me and that's how we used to send eachother Pokemon.

Edit: I forgot to add. Mike bought a Japanese Fire Red on Ebay. It had all the Japanese event Pokemon he sent to me as well as an un-used ticket. Which he used to go catch 1 of each of the Navel Rock Pokemon.

Action Replay Codes to get the un-released Pokemon found here.

https://tcrf.net/Pok%C3%A9mon_Colosseum

Video of me getting the Agate Celebi and Colos Pikachu here.

A copy of my Pokemon Colosseum save can be found here.

digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/nintendo-gamecube/pokemon/1934-pokemon-colosseum-japanese-bonus-disc-download-ntsc-j-jpn-gamecube-2.html#post75927

(I'm only posting these to show as much proof as I can that these were obtained legit by me and where I got them, where info can be found. If you want a 3 hour video of me beating Mt.Battle for the 9th time, I can add that too.)

• 1 year later...

HaxAras said: English Agate Celebi and Colos Pikachu. - Obtained myself using a GameCube Action replay and English Colosseum disk. The Pokemon are on the disk and translated (Not entirely) but you can get them with the right code. I have a video of the process.

What's the AR code you used to get the Agate Celebi/Colosseum Pikachu? This could open up possibilities for RNG as well.

EDIT: Oh wait, tcrf has them. Derp >_<

Edited by coltonsmogon

2 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

What's the AR code you used to get the Agate Celebi/Colosseum Pikachu? This could open up possibilities for RNG as well.

EDIT: Oh wait, tcrf has them. Derp >_<

Yeah, I found them on the Cutting Room Floor and they're in my video as well.