[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

To find the differences, a male save in the truck and a female save in the truck should be compared. I bet there will be a different flag at block #2 that is set for female.

Alternatively, we could use advancemap to check the script that produces the odd behavior, it will teach us how the game determines different behavior for male/female (I bet on a checkflag command).

Also in emerald:

- badges flags are stored at 0x3fB section 2, badge 1 flag# is 0x867 and badge 8 flag# is 0x86E

- Selected lati is stored at 0x5c6 section 2 (bit 0, or 0x01), the flag# is 0x16B0

Maybe the badge flag locations and the lati for emerald will be of some use, even if it is just for displaying purposes.

I remember correctly, if flag 0x16B0 is set, Latios is roaming and latias at southern island (so player selected that he saw a blue pokemon on tv).

To find the differences, a male save in the truck and a female save in the truck should be compared. I bet there will be a different flag at block #2 that is set for female.

Alternatively, we could use advancemap to check the script that produces the odd behavior, it will teach us how the game determines different behavior for male/female (I bet on a checkflag command).

Also in emerald:

- badges flags are stored at 0x3fB section 2, badge 1 flag# is 0x867 and badge 8 flag# is 0x86E

- Selected lati is stored at 0x5c6 section 2 (bit 0, or 0x01), the flag# is 0x16B0

Maybe the badge flag locations and the lati for emerald will be of some use, even if it is just for displaying purposes.

I remember correctly, if flag 0x16B0 is set, Latios is roaming and latias at southern island (so player selected that he saw a blue pokemon on tv).

The latias flag would have been helpful awhile ago for my emerald run. As for the badge flags I already happen to have them but thanks. :) (If you haven't tried Trigger's PC recently you'll notice badges are displayed.)

I will look into the gender issues today but first I'm going to write a nifty little feature to withdraw Pokemon from the daycare without them learning moves on withdrawal.

Edit: So it looks like KonohaDaze's method will most likely be easier. I took a look at the scripts and they were too complicated for my skills in finding the correct settings.

Here's littleroot's town house script:

'---------------
#org 0x1525FB
compare 0x4092 0x6
if 0x0 call 0x8152610
checkflag 0x112
if 0x1 call 0x8152623
end

'---------------
#org 0x152610
setmaptile 0x5 0x4 0x270 0x1
setmaptile 0x5 0x2 0x268 0x1
return

'---------------
#org 0x152623
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8152630
return

'---------------
#org 0x152630
setmaptile 0x3 0x7 0x293 0x1
return

About var 4092, this was found on smogon for emerald (script flags and vars are the same on emerald and RS, offsets change):

0x4092
0x1 - Get out from the truck script
0x3 - Vigoroths Fixing Your House script

I guess the easiest would be to find out what the checkgender command exactly does via no$gba debugger, but I don't know how to do it.

edit: not easiest, but most accurate way

A0 checkgender
Checks the player's gender. If male, then 0x0000 is stored in variable 0x800D (LASTRESULT). If female, then 0x0001 is stored in LASTRESULT.

EDIT: also, flag 0x112

0x112 : Player has been given running shoes

So before receiving running shoes and at the start of the game (vigoroths), the map is the same for male and female

Here's littleroot's town house script:

EDIT: also, flag 0x112

0x112 : Player has been given running shoes

So before receiving running shoes and at the start of the game (vigoroths), the map is the same for male and female

Would you happen to know where the vars start in Emerald and Ruby/Sapphire? I've located the flags awhile ago but don't know anything about where the vars start and how to understand their offsets.

Edit: If anybody can get me an RSE save right before beating the elite 4 that would be really helpful for gender checking.

As for progress I've made:

• Correct Moms in each house.
  • Howdy Neighbor person is in correct house.
  • Unselectable Doll is now placed in the correct bedroom.

I'm still unsure if this will fix the script issue after beating the elite 4 and getting shoved into a wall.

Edit 2: I should also mentioned I've only done testing on Emerald so far.

I don't know anything about the vars, here's the most complete info about flags I could find: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=330008

I'm actually surprised there's more than one flag for the gender check.

Vars seem to be start at 0x4000

Flags 0x900 and up overlap the RAM used for script variables and hence ARE NOT SAFE TO USE.

Variables under 4000 can't be used because:

They overlap RAM used for flags

Most script commands don't recognize them as variables

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

So, making a script that toogles var 0x4000 should allow to find var storage in the savegame. ("setvar 0x4000 0xABCD" should make it easy to find)

Would you happen to know where the vars start in Emerald and Ruby/Sapphire? I've located the flags awhile ago but don't know anything about where the vars start and how to understand their offsets.

Edit: If anybody can get me an RSE save right before beating the elite 4 that would be really helpful for gender checking.

As for progress I've made:

• Correct Moms in each house.
  • Howdy Neighbor person is in correct house.
  • Unselectable Doll is now placed in the correct bedroom.

I'm still unsure if this will fix the script issue after beating the elite 4 and getting shoved into a wall.

Edit 2: I should also mentioned I've only done testing on Emerald so far.

Hey, i'm still doing a little research on it myself, since you're only testing Emerald I guess that kind of works out as I was practicing this in Ruby and Sapphire and we might be able to just fill in the blanks.

As a note, I encountered the error when attempting to convert a save to Sapphire playing as the female player instead of male for my sav collection. In any case, here's the save just before the league.

I finally found out how to reproduce poisoning Pokemon placed in your party! Take a Pokemon from Your PC and deposit it in your Party then save and load up the game. It should be poisoned. I've only tested this so far if the Pokemon was in Your PC when you loaded the program.

Edit: Annnd I found the source of the problem. When I save Pokemon in Your PC I save the first 80 bytes and an extra 20 bytes of unfilled useful information. (Currently only Deoxys' Form). When I loaded the Pokemon though I loaded them as a GBA Pokemon as if they had 100 bytes so the Deoxys' Form of 0xFF was being placed in the status condition byte.

Edit 2: To circumvent this before the fix is out just make sure a Pokemon is deposited in any box before being put into the party. (This includes just picking up and placing it again.)

It's a shame that it will be fixed though. This has still been my favorite bug of all time.

@trigger_death

Just curious, were there any plans to enable ribbon editing just as equipping/dequipping/wiping ribbons on a Pokemon? I was about to look into doing it manually but if you think it could be a potential feature I might just save myself the trouble.

I've been looking on here to try and aid me in figuring this out as I can't find anything else pertaining to gen 3 pkm other than PID/IVs/EVs.

Hi o/

I'm back after (like always) a little hiatus because of work, and after trying the Purificater i've discovered something.

A few weeks ago after an update, all my Colosseum / xD shadow pokemon had their normal sprites. After checking the changelog, I THOUGHT (and it was a terrible mistake) you deleted the shadow sprite stuff, but in fact... They're not shadow anymore. I've some backups, but after this because i thought it was ok. And when I launched Colosseum tonight, i had the surprise to see ALL my Shadow Pokemon normal in game (i keep them shadow atm for collection purpose)

Is it a bug that you were aware of ? Any way to fix that ? Thanks o/

trigger_death said:
It's a shame that it will be fixed though. This has still been my favorite bug of all time.

I refuse to update until I've tried my idea's out. I wanna see what happens if you faint from poisoning after beating Flannery, possibly Norman and any other scripted movement/gift item scenes.

Edit: Also, I second this. Best/most hilarious glitch of all time.

Edited by HaxAras

Hi o/

I'm back after (like always) a little hiatus because of work, and after trying the Purificater i've discovered something.

A few weeks ago after an update, all my Colosseum / xD shadow pokemon had their normal sprites. After checking the changelog, I THOUGHT (and it was a terrible mistake) you deleted the shadow sprite stuff, but in fact... They're not shadow anymore. I've some backups, but after this because i thought it was ok. And when I launched Colosseum tonight, i had the surprise to see ALL my Shadow Pokemon normal in game (i keep them shadow atm for collection purpose)

Is it a bug that you were aware of ? Any way to fix that ? Thanks o/

Hmm. This is very strange and alarming. I've been using the latest version with my current xD playthrough and not been having any with it changing shadow Pokemon back.

What's weirder is this happened for both Colosseum and xD. The reason why this is strange is they both have very different things determining what makes a Pokemon a shadow Pokemon. Colosseum knows it's purified when it's heart gauge is less than 0 and it has a shadow ID. xD knows it's purified when a flag in the external shadow Pokemon data structure is set.

I can't really claim this may have been caused by Trigger's PC but I'll still take responsibility and help you out. What I've been looking into recently is a hiding in a debug mode feature you enable in settings.xml. In this feature there can be anything from actual debugging tools to correcting previous bugs in Trigger's PC manually. I will implement a button to unpurifiy any shadow Pokemon. The requirement though is that after purification, they have never moved between games.

Could you send me the affected saves to investigate? A few weeks ago is a long time. (Do you have a more accurate estimate range? AKA 1 week to 3 weeks or something?)

And yeah I would never delete any visually appealing feature especially the shadow Pokemon effects. That's been one of my favorite original beta features that existed before I went public.

Also thank god there's a way to actually test saves from any language on GameCube. :D

One last thing Vladcik. Run your Colosseum game and test if the Purified count is correct to the number of Pokemon purified.

@trigger_death

Just curious, were there any plans to enable ribbon editing just as equipping/dequipping/wiping ribbons on a Pokemon? I was about to look into doing it manually but if you think it could be a potential feature I might just save myself the trouble.

I've been looking on here to try and aid me in figuring this out as I can't find anything else pertaining to gen 3 pkm other than PID/IVs/EVs.

That's an interesting idea that never occurred to me. I can certainly make a feature to permanently take a ribbon off of a Pokemon. How's a setting to wipe all ribbons and a right click options on ribbons to remove sound? Note: Contest Ribbons are stored as a count of ribbons so you can't remove one until you remove the higher level one.

Edited by trigger_death

I went from playing as a male to a female I think. I can't remember. But since you walk in opposite directions, when your mother asks to to look at the TV, you end up walking into the wall instead and get stuck there.

That's strange because I just tested it out on Emerald and Sapphire and I didn't encounter it. All I encountered was my Mom being invisible because I didn't set the flags to enable her. I always went the correct directions for my house layout.

So if this is always the case. Then at the moment the only things I need to enabled/disable are:

• Your Mom
  • Neighbor's Mom
  • Mr Howdy Neighbor (Emerald Only)
  • Doll in Rival's Bedroom (Emerald Only)

This means I have all the info I need to properly set someone's gender.

I've been playing Gen 3 since its North American release year and I still haven't been to that stupid island!

Also, nice Ryuko Matoi sprite.

Yeah. When I stopped there, I made sure to catch 5-6 boxes worth of Wynauts because I may never get another shot to visit it. But who knows, I've only being using the tool with my actual saves for about 3 weeks so I may get some more shots.

Edit. After doing the math... I have 3535 Pokemon including Eggs and Shadow Pokemon. Assuming I have no duplicate mirage island values (which is likely I do). It's a 1 in 20 chance per day to visit each game's island.

Edited by trigger_death

So I finally (I think), managed to find and fix the last known bug which was the very rare wonkey selection disappearance. Apparently it could cause the duplication of Pokemon but not the deletion of Pokemon. The latest update also makes it so the Pokebox Rows try to stay on the Same Game/Row combo after doing things like using the Save Manager or Box Manager.

We're getting closer and closer to a stable version folks.

Edit: Anyone let me know if the new Box Row remembering system causes any errors. The code for that area of Trigger's PC is a nightmare but I think I managed to find all possible errors causable by it.

I'll probably have my friend whose an expert at breaking things do a final test in a few days and prepare for release.