[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

That's actually interesting because Trigger's PC is supposed to support 64k. I'll look into that.

Edit: Sonic do you actually have a copy of the save when it was 64k? I can't seem to reproduce the issue. Were you not saving as Flash? Also by chance was that your first time saving on that game? If so that was the reason and not the 64k thing. This will also be fixed in the next update.

Well its my mistake. I had saved just once and tried to add it to Trigger's PC. When I had changed the savefile from 64k to 128k, I saved once again so it worked.

I have successfully located the snagged Pokemon flags and now Colosseum games know their Snagged and Purified Pokemon count. Thanks Sonic. :D

Welcome!

I am getting black boxes instead of characters for some Japanese names.

I am getting those black boxes instead of names. This is affecting only the Trainer Name and Box names. The pokemon names are not affected. Ingame nothing is affected.

JtrlpOq.png

4rrIxBD.png

PVGXaf6.png

VUriBUr.png

A little spelling mistake - In Strategy Memo, 'Registered' is spelt 'Registed'.

Do you need saves for Pokemon xD or will finding the snagged flags be easier to find for that game?

Yes I do actually. If you're offering to do it I'd greatly appreciate it. I've compiled it down to a few saves.

• Before and after snagging first shadow Pokemon (Teddiursa).
  • Before a shadow Pokemon, then after missing it and after snagging it. (Need at least 2 of these.) Note: This should be done by saving and making a backup, missing it and saving, restoring from the backup and snagging it and saving.

I am getting black boxes instead of characters for some Japanese names.

I am getting those black boxes instead of names. This is affecting only the Trainer Name and Box names. The pokemon names are not affected. Ingame nothing is affected.

JtrlpOq.png

4rrIxBD.png

PVGXaf6.png

VUriBUr.png

A little spelling mistake - In Strategy Memo, 'Registered' is spelt 'Registed'.

1) Games need to be specified as Japanese in the Save Manager right click menu. (This is due to the fact that there's no clear way to determine a save's language)

2) Thanks, finally someone reported a spelling error. :D

Yes I do actually. If you're offering to do it I'd greatly appreciate it. I've compiled it down to a few saves.

• Before and after snagging first shadow Pokemon (Teddiursa).
  • Before a shadow Pokemon, then after missing it and after snagging it. (Need at least 2 of these.) Note: This should be done by saving and making a backup, missing it and saving, restoring from the backup and snagging it and saving.

Oh you don't need a completed save like you did for Colosseum? That shouldn't take too long to do.

EDIT: But if you do need more, that won't be too much trouble because I can get through xD a lot faster than I can Colosseum.

Oh you don't need a completed save like you did for Colosseum? That shouldn't take too long to do.

EDIT: But if you do need more, that won't be too much trouble because I can get through xD a lot faster than I can Colosseum.

Yup. Feel free to give me the before and after final battle saves as well as before and after final shadow Pokemon. But you don't need bother if you're not doing an actual playthrough.

Yup. Feel free to give me the before and after final battle saves as well as before and after final shadow Pokemon. But you don't need bother if you're not doing an actual playthrough.

I wasn't planning on another playthrough, so I'll do the ones before and after Teddiursa and the two others you mentioned then PM the saves.

EDIT: Done!

Edited by Invader TAK

Well my friend also uses Trigger's PC and he said he had encountered two bugs. He was using v1.4.0.3. I tried to reproduce the bugs in the latest version (1.4.2.0) but I could not do so. Anyways I felt it would be better to let you know and give you error logs he got.

1) When I selected a certain box, Right-clicked and selected send it to your PC, An error popped up.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnContextMenuSendBoxTo(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

2)I was doing random actions in the items section by selecting various items in the items section like deposit, send, give and I suddenly got an unhandled exception saying this.

It happened when I selected an item->right click->give item->Show Party->clicked on a pokemon. Then I got the error.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at PokemonManager.Items.ItemPocket.TossItemAt(Int32 index, UInt32 count)

at PokemonManager.Windows.SendPokemonToWindow.OnPokemonSelected(Object sender, PokemonSelectedEventArgs e)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnPokemonSelected(PokemonSelectedEventArgs e)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnBoxSlotClicked(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnBoxSlotClicked(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Does this work with Colo/XD?

Yes. yes it does. And even Pokemon Box R&S! :D

Well my friend also uses Trigger's PC and he said he had encountered two bugs. He was using v1.4.0.3. I tried to reproduce the bugs in the latest version (1.4.2.0) but I could not do so. Anyways I felt it would be better to let you know and give you error logs he got.

1) When I selected a certain box, Right-clicked and selected send it to your PC, An error popped up.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnContextMenuSendBoxTo(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)

2)I was doing random actions in the items section by selecting various items in the items section like deposit, send, give and I suddenly got an unhandled exception saying this.

It happened when I selected an item->right click->give item->Show Party->clicked on a pokemon. Then I got the error.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at PokemonManager.Items.ItemPocket.TossItemAt(Int32 index, UInt32 count)

at PokemonManager.Windows.SendPokemonToWindow.OnPokemonSelected(Object sender, PokemonSelectedEventArgs e)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnPokemonSelected(PokemonSelectedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

Found the first problem. However I'm going to remove the move box to PC since it's very outdated with the new rows system. I'll see if I can figure out the other error.

Edit: Can't seem to replicate the second error. But because of it I did find an item disappearing bug that I have patched up now.

Edit 2: Reproduced it. You're friend was certainly messing about cuz this one takes a few strange steps to replicate. Tell your friend I give him my utmost thanks for screwing around so much in Trigger's PC because I never would have found this bug otherwise.

Edited by trigger_death

I wasn't planning on another playthrough, so I'll do the ones before and after Teddiursa and the two others you mentioned then PM the saves.

EDIT: Done!

I figured it out! It's funny with the way xD is saved it was either gonna be really hard or really easy and it was really easy. I figured out the value on my first save modification test. Thanks for the help. :)

@Sonic Blader

@Sonic Blader

Would you mind if I added you to the Wiki Credits and linked your profiles for helping out with the saves?

I figured it out! It's funny with the way xD is saved it was either gonna be really hard or really easy and it was really easy. I figured out the value on my first save modification test. Thanks for the help. :)

@Sonic Blader

@Sonic Blader

Would you mind if I added you to the Wiki Credits and linked your profiles for helping out with the saves?

I would love that!

I'm back o/ !

Well, i've finished Fire Red + Emerald and to be honenst, Trigger's PC works flawlessly ! I used to make many trades between versions, I used the secret base stuff for a Blissey XP base (for xping fastly all my teams, because i want fresh FR / LG / R / S / E / Colosseum / xD saves) and to be honnest i can't find any bugs now. SO, do you want to try something ? My Ruby save is not really started, or i can redo my xD save if you need help ?

About suggestion, i have a little one (not really after thinking for a personnal use) but if people use many saves why not doing rows AND colums ?

for exemple i don't use ALL my boxes (1 or 2 atm) in my saves cartidges. It could be cool if I could do something like :

A Row for "Your PC"

A Row for Fire Red AND Leaf Green (so 2 colums)

A Row for Ruby, Sapphire AND Emerald (with one or two boxes displayed ?)

Well something customable that we could do as we want ?

Thanks O/

I'm back o/ !

Well, i've finished Fire Red + Emerald and to be honenst, Trigger's PC works flawlessly ! I used to make many trades between versions, I used the secret base stuff for a Blissey XP base (for xping fastly all my teams, because i want fresh FR / LG / R / S / E / Colosseum / xD saves) and to be honnest i can't find any bugs now. SO, do you want to try something ? My Ruby save is not really started, or i can redo my xD save if you need help ?

About suggestion, i have a little one (not really after thinking for a personnal use) but if people use many saves why not doing rows AND colums ?

for exemple i don't use ALL my boxes (1 or 2 atm) in my saves cartidges. It could be cool if I could do something like :

A Row for "Your PC"

A Row for Fire Red AND Leaf Green (so 2 colums)

A Row for Ruby, Sapphire AND Emerald (with one or two boxes displayed ?)

Well something customable that we could do as we want ?

Thanks O/

Thanks for the check in. People don't realize it but it really does help when you report bug free usage.

As for the feature, I wouldn't be able to implement it without heavily changing how the row systems work in code so that's going to be a no. Sorry. :\ Still a neat idea none-the-less.

No problem. I'm gonna use it like something stable now (so with real saves, with Backups it's not a problem) and i'm gonna try everything i think. I just hope if I loose datas i'll be able to see it haha !

For the suggestion, it's okay, I thought it could be more easier for you that's why !

Now i've a question. I'm thinking about using Dropbox Sync in order to have a common Trigger's PC + Saves for all my computers (or at least, a common Trigger's PC and differents saves idk), did you try it with Trigger's PC ? Is it working nice ?

Thanks o/

No problem. I'm gonna use it like something stable now (so with real saves, with Backups it's not a problem) and i'm gonna try everything i think. I just hope if I loose datas i'll be able to see it haha !

For the suggestion, it's okay, I thought it could be more easier for you that's why !

Now i've a question. I'm thinking about using Dropbox Sync in order to have a common Trigger's PC + Saves for all my computers (or at least, a common Trigger's PC and differents saves idk), did you try it with Trigger's PC ? Is it working nice ?

Thanks o/

Yes I actually use Dropbox. Install the Dropbox application on your computer and store your saves in the Dropbox folder somewhere. Add the saves to Trigger's PC from the Dropbox folder and whenever you save it will update them. Syncing GameCube games with Dropbox AND having them ready to play in Dolphin is a lot harder and requires a workaround that most people would prefer not to do. Give me a moment and I'll look up how to set it up if you're interested. I'll probably make an article about it on the Wiki as well.

Edit 2: What's REALLY nice about Dropbox is you can restore from previous saves. Each time the file is updated a backup is made that you can restore from. (I haven't done too much extensive testing with the backups but I have used them before)

Oh it's not a problem about syncing, i've already a complex way to saves (aka i can play with 10 roms with the same save as base) but it's more about Trigger's PC itself.

I've 3 computers (4 soon) and I'd like to have the same Trigger's PC for all my computers. This way rather than putting saves, I could have a LOT of saves but in only one Trigger's PC ?

Thanks o/

Oh it's not a problem about syncing, i've already a complex way to saves (aka i can play with 10 roms with the same save as base) but it's more about Trigger's PC itself.

I've 3 computers (4 soon) and I'd like to have the same Trigger's PC for all my computers. This way rather than putting saves, I could have a LOT of saves but in only one Trigger's PC ?

Thanks o/

Ah I see. Well if your saves are stored at the same location (relative to Trigger's PC) on every computer then I guess it would be possible. If you have different usernames on each computer then here's what you do. Go into Settings.xml and change all the filepaths to relative file paths from the directory where Trigger's PC is stored. You will have to store Trigger's PC in your Dropbox Folder as far as I know.

For relative filepaths you'll have to place "../" to goto a parent directory.

Well it's more annonying ?

And why not being able to put the "Your PC" save where we want (via settings.xml) ? This way people could put it in a Dropbox folder if they want. They could put different save path for EACH Trigger's PC (so X Trigger's PC for X computer but only ONE save for Boxes / Secret Bases / ITems ?)

I'm sorry to ask this, it's more a suggestion than question now haha.

Thanks o/

Well it's more annonying ?

And why not being able to put the "Your PC" save where we want (via settings.xml) ? This way people could put it in a Dropbox folder if they want. They could put different save path for EACH Trigger's PC (so X Trigger's PC for X computer but only ONE save for Boxes / Secret Bases / ITems ?)

I'm sorry to ask this, it's more a suggestion than question now haha.

Thanks o/

Ah that makes more sense. And it's a neat idea. I'll add that to the next update. You'll have to edit it manually in Settings.xml though.

@Sonic Blader

@Sonic Blader

Glad to help! And sure, you can credit me.

Fun fact me and a friend just discovered. Using Trigger's PC you can breed any Pokemon in the daycare. (Results may vary, may crash the game). Walk up to the daycare man with an egg ready to pickup and save. Then goto Trigger's PC and replace the Pokemon with say a ditto and groudon. And poof! You get a groudon egg! We then proceded to test this with every combination finding ones that did and didn't freeze the game. Fun fact. A latios and latias will force breed as well! I shall patch this soon.

Edit 2: You can breed a Pokemon that's still an egg with another Pokemon. You can also breed two female pokemon.

Edit 3: You can also levelup eggs in the daycare.

Edited by trigger_death