[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

Thanks you're really doing a good job for trigger's pc and with us really ! I'm glad to help you a little at least !

Well may be an invisible setting (aka something on the setting.xml ?)

I'm gonna put some games on my Gameboy, making some saves from my PC working with my Gameboy and i'll start to see what i can do with both little things haha <3

Source code is now available in the Links Section for anyone who wants to see it.

Link for the lazy

Edit: Trigger's PC now has a Wiki on GitHub. I also have a Tips and Tricks section for things that aren't directly apparent about the tool. If you guys have anything to add to the Trips and Tricks section that you weren't aware of let me know.

Edited by trigger_death

trigger_death said:
New poll everybody. It's about deciding where to supply decorations from when editing non-player secret bases

New Poll

Honestly, I found it hard to vote on any of them. I don't really want other people editing my bases, but I want to. A lot of my old bases never had decorations. My Emerald save has every non-Battle Frontier one. So it would be cool if I could use those.

Edited by HaxAras

Limiting which Pokémon can be used for someone else's secret base team I *could* agree with, because then someone could just hack themselves bases with perfect teams for EV training and exp. Then again, this still wouldn't really feel any more like cheating than just record mixing with a different game. Like let's say you have a friend who has a full team of Latios with Memento, or other bases tailored for efficient EV training. You didn't personally put any work into obtaining any of these teams, but Record Mixing still allows you to legitimately add those secret bases to your game without any limitations.

But decorations? I don't see a way in which this could possibly be abused in a cheaty way. Decorations are just that, decorations. -If- you are editing this specific save's secret base, then yes, limit it by what decorations you have in your inventory, because the game itself limits you that way.

I don't think that any artificial limitations should be added to Record Mixed bases where the game doesn't already have them by default.

@HaxAras : Why would it be so bad for someone else to edit your base in their save file? It doesn't affect what you see in yours.

Ammako said:
Limiting which Pokémon can be used for someone else's secret base team I *could* agree with, because then someone could just hack themselves bases with perfect teams for EV training and exp. Then again, this still wouldn't really feel any more like cheating than just record mixing with a different game. Like let's say you have a friend who has a full team of Latios with Memento, or other bases tailored for efficient EV training. You didn't personally put any work into obtaining any of these teams, but Record Mixing still allows you to legitimately add those secret bases to your game without any limitations.

But decorations? I don't see a way in which this could possibly be abused in a cheaty way. Decorations are just that, decorations. -If- you are editing this specific save's secret base, then yes, limit it by what decorations you have in your inventory, because the game itself limits you that way.

I don't think that any artificial limitations should be added to Record Mixed bases where the game doesn't already have them by default.

@HaxAras : Why would it be so bad for someone else to edit your base in their save file? It doesn't affect what you see in yours.

As far as legitamacy goes, there's a difference. Since Triggers PC is supposed to be for legit players. Sure, you can mix records with your friend who has a Latios and Mewtwo base. If your friend got the Pokemon legit, then you could say it's a legit base. There's nothing legit about using fake Pokemon in a secret base you create for yourself. I think we talked about it before. Didn't most of us agree you should be limited to using Pokemon you actually own? The cheaters will just make fake Pokemon if they want them that bad.

I just don't like people modifying my saves, bases, Pokemon, etc. If somebody has the ability to modify my stuff. Then they can just make/use their own.

Edited by HaxAras

As far as legitamacy goes, there's a difference. Since Triggers PC is supposed to be for legit players. Sure, you can mix records with your friend who has a Latios and Mewtwo base. If your friend got the Pokemon legit, then you could say it's a legit base. There's nothing legit about using fake Pokemon in a secret base you create for yourself. I think we talked about it before. Didn't most of us agree you should be limited to using Pokemon you actually own? The cheaters will just make fake Pokemon if they want them that bad.

I just don't like people modifying my saves, bases, Pokemon, etc. If somebody has the ability to modify my stuff. Then they can just make/use their own.

Yeah and that's how it works. You can't input more than one Pokemon with the same personality into a secret base team, thus preventing that situation. As for other people editing your secret base I'm not sure. I certainly don't have the urge to edit bases from other people that I've added. It's not theirs if I change it.

Edit: And in general I don't consider people making secret bases for EV training a concern. If I heard it correctly you can only battle 5 trainers per day which is only a total of 90 EV points at maximum. Sure people can choose to do that but it's up to them if they determine it cheating or not because of the convenience of Trigger's PC. My goal isn't to limit features.

If you don't want people modifying your stuff, why do you make it available?

I don't think we should limit the program's capabilities because of a problem which could be solved by just not sharing what you don't want people to have in the first place.

That and like Trigger said, once it's changed it's not really yours anymore. It's just another base that may or may not be similar. It doesn't affect yours in any way 'cause they're just editing a copy and leaving your original intact.

I agree with the secret base thing, and I think it's pretty cheap that the game allows this legitimately. It's just that I don't feel like the program should add any new limitations that the game itself doesn't already have.

I mean we aren't gonna be adding cloning just because it's possible in Emerald without cheats, because that belongs to the realm of glitches, but stuff that can already be done legitimately in-game I don't feel like should be limited any further.

Ammako said:
If you don't want people modifying your stuff, why do you make it available?

I don't think we should limit the program's capabilities because of a problem which could be solved by just not sharing what you don't want people to have in the first place.

That and like Trigger said, once it's changed it's not really yours anymore. It's just another base that may or may not be similar. It doesn't affect yours in any way 'cause they're just editing a copy and leaving your original intact.

I agree with the secret base thing, and I think it's pretty cheap that the game allows this legitimately. It's just that I don't feel like the program should add any new limitations that the game itself doesn't already have.

I mean we aren't gonna be adding cloning just because it's possible in Emerald without cheats, because that belongs to the realm of glitches, but stuff that can already be done legitimately in-game I don't feel like should be limited any further.

The point of sharing would be to have random/legit secret bases added to your save. Almost like when you mix records.

Which is why I don't want people modifying mine.

Does the game or Triggers PC not allow you to use clones? I mean, cheaters are gonna cheat. Wouldn't be hard to change the personality value using A-save but at the end of the day. As long as the legit players can do things legit without any troubles or going into a gray zone, what does it matter of the cheaters can do what they want? I mean, they will anyway.

I haven't really updated yet so I don't know if I'll be using or have a use for the secret base editor. I haven't been playing many games because of the heat here. But with the storage uses and checking for shiny eggs, Triggers PC is everything I could ever want it to be with the outdated version I currently have.

Edited by HaxAras

what does it matter of the cheaters can do what they want? I mean, they will anyway.

Exactly. The same way it doesn't really matter if the program allows someone to edit your bases, because if they want to have a modification of your base, they'll just do it anyway.

Aside from wanting to have control over what others can or can't have in their save files, I don't really see a reason to be against allowing people to edit what you willingly share with them.

That being said, you specifically mentioned "random/legit secret bases", and I think I can agree with that. If bases have been edited, then they aren't really legit anymore. We could just leave the ability to edit other players' secret bases out of the program altogether, and people who really want to have custom record mixed secret bases can just create a base in a different save file (with or without cheats) and mix records to send it over to other saves.

Does the game or Triggers PC not allow you to use clones? I mean, cheaters are gonna cheat. Wouldn't be hard to change the personality value using A-save but at the end of the day.

No I mean, we're not gonna add the ability to clone Pokémon in your boxes just because it's technically legitimately possibly in Emerald without using cheats nor save editing. There isn't really anything in the program that blocks you out if you have clones in your boxes, nor should there be.

Ammako said:
No I mean, we're not gonna add the ability to clone Pokémon in your boxes just because it's technically legitimately possibly in Emerald without using cheats nor save editing. There isn't really anything in the program that blocks you out if you have clones in your boxes, nor should there be.
trigger_death said:
You can't input more than one Pokemon with the same personality into a secret base team, thus preventing that situation.

I meant that. Does the game not allow you to have clones in your teams? I never used to use cloning in Emerald because I'd always find my saves were deleted after a while.

Edited by HaxAras

Ohhhhhh nono, I'm pretty sure Trigger was referring to the PC's functionality. The game doesn't care.

But in Trigger's PC you won't be able to use clones to fill custom secret base teams, to prevent people from just cloning something and making a full team of it. If they really want to they'll edit them in A-Save before using them in a team, like you said.

Ohhhhhh nono, I'm pretty sure Trigger was referring to the PC's functionality. The game doesn't care.

But in Trigger's PC you won't be able to use clones to fill custom secret base teams, to prevent people from just cloning something and making a full team of it. If they really want to they'll edit them in A-Save before using them in a team, like you said.

Actually it's a little more simple than that. Personality is the closest way to determine if a Pokemon is the same. Most other details about a Pokemon can easily change but the Personality is constant. I only use this to make sure you're not putting the exact same Pokemon into the team. This includes if the Pokemon has been modified/evolved etc in game and then the user attempts to add it again with different info.

Now the only flaw with checking personality is with Emerald saves (Or RS with a dead battery) because there's a very small chance you can encounter the same personality if you catch two Pokemon on the same frame. Of course the chance of this happening is low enough and the chance of you using both of these Pokemon on the same team is just as low. This also affects anyone who uses RNG manipulation and doesn't bother to give Pokemon unique personalities when catching them on a specific frame.

Edit: The reason you can't combine Personality with IV checks is because, as far as I know, personality and IV's will always be generated the same when a Pokemon is encountered due to how the RNG works.

Edit 2: Finally got around to adding an event for the Acro & Mach Bike in RSE.

Hey o/ !

Because i've finally some free time i've decided to enjoy this and to FINALLY start my real journey with Trigger's PC.

So i've prepared ALL my games, ALL my saves for that. But i've an error when I want to save

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection.

Nom du paramètre*: index

à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.HighlightPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.GotoPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.UpdateSlaves(Double newWidth)

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.RefreshUI()

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonTab.RefreshUI()

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.RefreshUI()

à PokemonManager.PokeManager.FinishActions()

à PokemonManager.PokeManager.SaveEverything()

About legit stuff, i think that if people wants to cheat they'll do it. So you should do simple. For exemple i'll use Secret Bases for EV Training etc, but i'll not clonate secret base or use hacked mons etc, i'll use my own farmed myself etc so

Thanks o/

I personally CAN'T use the secret bases for EV Training unless I play on an emulator. My R/S/E games have dead batteries. I need to learn how to solder (and get an iron) so I can fix that. Say... I just got an idea for a feature while typing that. How about an option to let players set the clock again?

Also a strange thing. The Jirachi from the event didn't have its ability when I restored the save to my Emerald cart. Plus I had the already known "randomly poisoned party member" glitch.

Hey o/ !

Because i've finally some free time i've decided to enjoy this and to FINALLY start my real journey with Trigger's PC.

So i've prepared ALL my games, ALL my saves for that. But i've an error when I want to save

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection.

Nom du paramètre*: index

à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.HighlightPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.GotoPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.UpdateSlaves(Double newWidth)

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.RefreshUI()

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonTab.RefreshUI()

à PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.RefreshUI()

à PokemonManager.PokeManager.FinishActions()

à PokemonManager.PokeManager.SaveEverything()

About legit stuff, i think that if people wants to cheat they'll do it. So you should do simple. For exemple i'll use Secret Bases for EV Training etc, but i'll not clonate secret base or use hacked mons etc, i'll use my own farmed myself etc so

Thanks o/

It's always the highlight Pokemon Error. That one's been nothing but trouble. I'll certainly look into it. Instead of trying to fix it by making sure the Pokemon is unhighlighted correctly I guess I'll just make a failsafe if it can't find the Pokemon anymore.

Edit: In the mean time Vladcik. The guaranteed way to avoid the error is to not let a Pokemon get highlighted by not using the Goto feature before saving.

I personally CAN'T use the secret bases for EV Training unless I play on an emulator. My R/S/E games have dead batteries. I need to learn how to solder (and get an iron) so I can fix that. Say... I just got an idea for a feature while typing that. How about an option to let players set the clock again?

Also a strange thing. The Jirachi from the event didn't have its ability when I restored the save to my Emerald cart. Plus I had the already known "randomly poisoned party member" glitch.

What do you mean it didn't have its ability? Did it not list an ability? Also yeah that random poisoning is pretty much the strangest glitch to date and I have no idea why it's happening. I'll be honest though I find it kind of amusing.

trigger_death said:
It's always the highlight Pokemon Error. That one's been nothing but trouble. I'll certainly look into it. Instead of trying to fix it by making sure the Pokemon is unhighlighted correctly I guess I'll just make a failsafe if it can't find the Pokemon anymore.

Edit: In the mean time Vladcik. The guaranteed way to avoid the error is to not let a Pokemon get highlighted by not using the Goto feature before saving.

What do you mean it didn't have its ability? Did it not list an ability? Also yeah that random poisoning is pretty much the strangest glitch to date and I have no idea why it's happening. I'll be honest though I find it kind of amusing.

I found a strange glitch earlier. But I don't know how to duplicate or even explain it. I was highlighting multiple Pokemon. Then I think I tried to change the game on a lower row. And they all vanished. I think that's when I clicked on a row and they re-appeared.

Also, I find that poison glitch hilarious as well. I got it a while back. Couldn't figure out how it happened. But I've always wondered with RSE, what would happen if you say: Fainted from poisoning after fighting Flannery and your rival couldn't give you the goggles.

Edited by HaxAras

I just got an idea for a feature while typing that. How about an option to let players set the clock again?

http://furlocks-forest.net/wiki/?page=Pokemon_Ruby%2FSapphire_New_Battery_Glitch

It is actually a better option to set the cartridge's RTC to current date than modifying the one in the save. If you don't have a nds or gba flashcart, with a wiior gc you could send the gba homebrew trough the gba-gc cable (I can compile a program that sends the rtc modifier app to gba, I just need to change the gba file). I have not tested this, but should work fine. If you change the battery and want to test if the wii homebrew works tell me.

It said "No Special Ability" until I went into A-Save and edited it (which wasn't even really an edit since A-Save won't let you give a Pokemon an ability it can't legally have).

http://furlocks-forest.net/wiki/?page=Pokemon_Ruby%2FSapphire_New_Battery_Glitch

It is actually a better option to set the cartridge's RTC to current date than modifying the one in the save. If you don't have a nds or gba flashcart, with a wiior gc you could send the gba homebrew trough the gba-gc cable (I can compile a program that sends the rtc modifier app to gba, I just need to change the gba file). I have not tested this, but should work fine. If you change the battery and want to test if the wii homebrew works tell me.

Actually I was thinking it'd reset the flag that lets the player set the clock (effectively starting the clock over). But your idea sounds a lot better.

Actually I was thinking it'd reset the flag that lets the player set the clock (effectively starting the clock over). But your idea sounds a lot better.

Well, you could still add any of that functionality with some warning about using the GBA homebrew is a better option, given that resetting the clock is for real hardware use and requires a method to load saves onto gba carts. Of course there's people who may use a save backup/restore method that doesn't allow them to load the gba homebrew. Also, seems like the homebrew has not been ported to NDS and I don't think I'd be able to port it, unless it's a very easy process, but I don't have the time to learn to do that right now. Maybe someone has the knowledge to port it?

Sorry I'm a little late today guys.

I found a strange glitch earlier. But I don't know how to duplicate or even explain it. I was highlighting multiple Pokemon. Then I think I tried to change the game on a lower row. And they all vanished. I think that's when I clicked on a row and they re-appeared.

I think I encountered that yesterday as well. I'll look into it however I don't think they're actually disappearing but just invisible.

Edit: Do you remember how you were selecting Pokemon? By select all or ctrl clicking?

Well, you could still add any of that functionality with some warning about using the GBA homebrew is a better option, given that resetting the clock is for real hardware use and requires a method to load saves onto gba carts. Of course there's people who may use a save backup/restore method that doesn't allow them to load the gba homebrew. Also, seems like the homebrew has not been ported to NDS and I don't think I'd be able to port it, unless it's a very easy process, but I don't have the time to learn to do that right now. Maybe someone has the knowledge to port it?

I need to know how to read the RTC format in the game before I can go about changing it. The other issue is I don't think changing the value in the save will fix the problems with updating because my guess is it does all that stuff when it reads the actual real-time clock and compares it to the last save time and that won't work if the battery is dead and it gives a value of zero. (It's my understanding that the real time clock is stored outside of the save format, is that correct?)

Minor Bug - The PC Pokedex is not registering the number of forms of Unowns. I initially had just 1 so it used to show 1. I caught all the unown and moved them to my living dex but the number of unown forms is not increasing.

Is this in Your PC in any non primary row?

Edit: Nevermind. I see what's wrong.

Well Trigger's PC supports Japanese save files right? Because I am having trouble loading up my Pokemon Emerald save file. I get this error when I try to add the savefile.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13483[/ATTACH]

EDIT - Nevermind. My fault. The savefile was 64k. When I made it 128, it worked.

Well Trigger's PC supports Japanese save files right? Because I am having trouble loading up my Pokemon Emerald save file. I get this error when I try to add the savefile.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13483[/ATTACH]

EDIT - Nevermind. My fault. The savefile was 64k. When I made it 128, it worked.

That's actually interesting because Trigger's PC is supposed to support 64k. I'll look into that.

Edit: Sonic do you actually have a copy of the save when it was 64k? I can't seem to reproduce the issue. Were you not saving as Flash? Also by chance was that your first time saving on that game? If so that was the reason and not the 64k thing. This will also be fixed in the next update.

Edited by trigger_death