[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

Well tried out the new version. Its quite good! A few "bugs" I have come across:-

1) This affects only the registered bases not the player's base. When in the editor, if I use the third place mode (the blue arrow) move option and move a mat which has pokedolls/cushions, the dolls dont removed and moved into the available items list. They just stay in the base, placed directly on the floor. This does not happen with the player's base where the dolls get removed.

2) Again this affects only registered bases. When in the editor, using the second place mode (the eraser) erase option and erase something in the base, the item disappears. It does not appear in the available items list. It just disappears. As the editor does not have a "Do you want to save your edit" kind of option before closing, the items are lost.

3) This one is related to the previous bug. If I send a secret base to another game which has the location of this secret base occupied, I get an option to place the base elsewhere. Once I place it, there are not decorations available in the available items list. All the items seems to just get deleted instead of being moved to the avialable items list.

4) The three place modes have the same text "place mode" displayed when hovered over them. It would be better if it showed what they do

1) Fixing that now. Edit: Fixed And yeah Player Secret Bases are treated differently from Shared Secret Bases because the Player Secret Bases have to update the Decoration Inventory's used decorations. So differences between the two editors may be common.

2) The reason they disappear is because you never owned the decoration. Basically you can freely import and edit a base but it doesn't suddenly give you the freedom to use decorations you don't own. (Note decorations for editing registered bases are stored in Trigger's PC).

3) Same as Number 2. I don't keep track of what decorations a secret base owns unless it's a player's secret base. If you ever place a decoration yourself that decoration will never be deleted or anything. It's only removed from the list of placeable decorations. If you think this should behave differently let me know.

4) Fixed. The Modes are Place Mode, Put Away Mode, and Move Mode.

Edit 2: Would you rather editing secret bases pool decorations stored in every game including your PC as available resources? I was originally against that because it could include decorations that were in use in your player's secret base but you can still avoid that by removing, using, and placing again.

But i've a problem. The saves are bigger. 136k against the classic 128k. BUT the structure is the same ! The only difference is that at the end of the save, you have to fill up "FF" until the 136k save (so if i remember right, a Pokemon save file finishs at 0x1FFFF and here for my 136k saves, you have to fill up until the 0x21FFF and it works) so, any way to have Trigger's PC working with this ? I know it'd be usefull for me only, but I thought it could load bigger saves IF the structure until the 0x1FFFF is the same ?

Your saves are now on my todo list. But it's a really easy fix so it will be near the top after the secret bases update is released. :)

wow really ? I was dreaming of this and didn't thought it could be real awesome ! Now i'm looking for the dropdown to make category for the save management and default PC rows, and Trigger's PC would be THE perfection, at least everything I dreamt since day one, this is so epic, i'm so happy, you're doing a great job !

Now I'm using ALL the R/S/E saves i've in order to test everything about secret bases !

Edit : A suggestion, i didn't see any bug for the moment except ones requested, BUT. When we change the team, it could be better to disable a pokemon once it's used ? In order to avoid simple clonage for xp stuff etc ? I mean i've a Blissey level 100 for XPing, it'd be too cheating if i can use it 6 times in order to xp my team ?

Thanks !

Edit 2 : Just want to test the sharing tool and if people want a Base with 6 Mewtwo level 100 Mist :

http://puu.sh/pEw8I/4da8fa3ad0.scrtb

If there's any bug etc while importing !

Edit 3 : Okay a strange bug in game.

I used the secret base with the Mewtwo (they are cloned)

I wanted to battle the trainer with my Gengar with Spite... only on the first one... And the third was sent out and he used Struggle... Like all the Mewtwo shared the same PP ?

Thanks !

Edit 3 : Okay a strange bug in game.

I used the secret base with the Mewtwo (they are cloned)

I wanted to battle the trainer with my Gengar with Spite... only on the first one... And the third was sent out and he used Struggle... Like all the Mewtwo shared the same PP ?

Hmm. That's a really strange one. That either means Move PP is stored in those final bytes OR the game doesn't handle cloned Pokemon correctly when being used by an enemy trainer. I'll need to see if this applies to different Pokemon with the exact same movesets.

On a separate note everyone. Dolphin 5.0 just released today and Pokemon Box support works if you get the settings right! :D

I was finally able to dump the textures for the special boxes in Pokemon Box and here are the results:

5HRf8d4.png51kICzy.png

kK4KZEc.pngebiCjlo.png

Hmm. That's a really strange one. That either means Move PP is stored in those final bytes OR the game doesn't handle cloned Pokemon correctly when being used by an enemy trainer. I'll need to see if this applies to different Pokemon with the exact same movesets.

No problem. Gonna hack a little in order to change the mewtwo to random (at least a little legit) stuff, level 5 and will use my Gengar for that !

And I saw that for Dolphin, i'm gonna test that on my other computer haha !

Gonna edit for the results !

Edit : Team hacked (aka zigzagoon edited in order to be a Squirtle etc, but legit Mist movers) and same problem, after the third, he used struggle !

Edit : Team hacked (aka zigzagoon edited in order to be a Squirtle etc, but legit Mist movers) and same problem, after the third, he used struggle !

Thanks for the testing. Now when you say hacked did you also change their personality values? The game seems to love using that value as a reference to a specific Pokemon.

Edit: Hey Vladcik could you try this out on a legit secret base of yours on a save that has not been modified by the Secret Base build of Trigger's PC?

Edit-2: It happens with Trigger's PC created bases with non cloned Pokemon too. Now the final 6 bytes most likely do have something to do with PP but I can't figure out how they work.

Edit 3: It was neither of my expected problems! I was reading the moves as Poke1 Move1, Poke2 Move1..., when it was actually Poke 1, Move 1, Poke 1, Move 2... So other Pokemon were ending up with no moves and that's why they were using struggle.

Edit 4: Test Build v1.4.0.1 is up. As mentioned in the test build section, make sure to not use saves modified with Test Build v1.4.0.0 otherwise previous bugs may still be present.

Edited by trigger_death

Well the personality values are the SAME as the Pokemon before (aka Zigzagoon etc 6 random common pokémon) but are different. I was too lazy to make something proper if it's only a bug with the moves, but i can regenerate new pid / personality values and post the results o/

Edit : nothing new, still struggle after the 3rd pokémon.

Edit 2 : new bug ! My Scizor has Thief and when i use it on a Pokemon with an item he can steal it but he loose it after the battle. If I remember right Pokémon from trainer in secret bases can't hold items right ? If so, you should disable item when putting in teams ?

Edit 3 : I've found the problem ! I put a full team of 6 Pokemon with only ONE move (but different) and the first one is using 3 or 4 moves (saw 3 for the moment) and so the first 3 of the team !

Edit 4 : Okay i've understood the bug. So let me explain with my REALLY bad english :

The team : P1 (pokémon 1) M1 (move 1) / P2 M2 / P3 M3 / P4 M4 / P5 M5 / P6 M6

P1 uses M1 M2 M3 M4

P2 uses M5 M6

P3 uses... Struggle !

P4 P5 P6 use Struggle, too.

Well the personality values are the SAME as the Pokemon before (aka Zigzagoon etc 6 random common pokémon) but are different. I was too lazy to make something proper if it's only a bug with the moves, but i can regenerate new pid / personality values and post the results o/

Edit : nothing new, still struggle after the 3rd pokémon.

Edit 2 : new bug ! My Scizor has Thief and when i use it on a Pokemon with an item he can steal it but he loose it after the battle. If I remember right Pokémon from trainer in secret bases can't hold items right ? If so, you should disable item when putting in teams ?

Edit 3 : I've found the problem ! I put a full team of 6 Pokemon with only ONE move (but different) and the first one is using 3 or 4 moves (saw 3 for the moment) and so the first 3 of the team !

Edit 4 : Okay i've understood the bug. So let me explain with my REALLY bad english :

The team : P1 (pokémon 1) M1 (move 1) / P2 M2 / P3 M3 / P4 M4 / P5 M5 / P6 M6

P1 uses M1 M2 M3 M4

P2 uses M5 M6

P3 uses... Struggle !

P4 P5 P6 use Struggle, too.

Whoops I didn't notice the start of a new page. Anyways thanks a bunch for the help Vladcik but I did end up figuring it out. And you are correct. That was the problem.

The new test build is up with all these fixes. Make sure to not use saves modified by 1.4.0.0 when using 1.4.0.1 to make sure we're not re-encountering fixed bugs.

Edit: Pokemon in Secret Base teams can hold items.

Edit 2: Also you have good taste in Pokemon. My Scizor has Theif as well. My Scizor and Zangoose are both Theif/False Swipe Pokemon at level 100.

No problem i wanted to help so i've wanted to find the bug ! Gonna test the 1.4.0.1 with both old and new saves in order to see if there's bug etc i want to check everything o/

But so what about Thief so ? Because it'd be a huge cheat if we can keep the item but it looks like buggy because of the "You stole X item" and after nothing.

And just for information the link to your secret base is wrong, it's the link of the 1.4.0.0 o:

No problem i wanted to help so i've wanted to find the bug ! Gonna test the 1.4.0.1 with both old and new saves in order to see if there's bug etc i want to check everything o/

But so what about Thief so ? Because it'd be a huge cheat if we can keep the item but it looks like buggy because of the "You stole X item" and after nothing.

And just for information the link to your secret base is wrong, it's the link of the 1.4.0.0 o:

It's actually 1.4.0.2 now.

And you're right. Fixed. Thanks for that.

Edit: Also the theif mechanic is intended. It works the exact same way for the Battle Tower/Fronteir and Trainer Tower/Hill.

Bug when I wanted to edit my own secret base (quite random while looking into locations)

System.InvalidCastException: Impossible d'effectuer un cast d'un objet de type 'PokemonManager.Items.PlayerSecretBase' en type 'PokemonManager.Items.SharedSecretBase'.

à PokemonManager.Windows.SecretBaseViewer.OnEditClicked(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

à System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()

à System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()

à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

à System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

à System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

à System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

à System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

à System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

à System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Edit : I'm not sure at 100% But I DON'T THINK i used it with 1.4.0.0 ... But i'll try with another save

Okay having the same crash when i leave the secret base editor with all the saves with a personnal secret base

Bug when I wanted to edit my own secret base (quite random while looking into locations)

System.InvalidCastException: Impossible d'effectuer un cast d'un objet de type 'PokemonManager.Items.PlayerSecretBase' en type 'PokemonManager.Items.SharedSecretBase'.

à PokemonManager.Windows.SecretBaseViewer.OnEditClicked(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()

à System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()

à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

à System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

à System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Edit : I'm not sure at 100% But I DON'T THINK i used it with 1.4.0.0 ... But i'll try with another save

Okay having the same crash when i leave the secret base editor with all the saves with a personnal secret base

Fixed and a hotfix is already uploaded. :D

Hey Trigger, I have progressed till the Realgem Tower in Colosseum. I havent entered it yet. I wanted to ask you if you wanted saves before & after every boss battle in the Tower or before beating the tower and after beating the tower?

Oh wow that was fast. Before and after the tower will suffice. I don't need you to force yourself to whiteout everytime. Thanks. :)

OMG, i'm so happy for my saves o/ ! Just tested it, it works perfectly, i can use Trigger's PC with a 'real' gameboy so i can enjoy it at 100%

i've a question / suggestion about something : All the saves are on a SD card, there's a way to avoid the "the save has been removed from collection" ? If not, i think i'm gonna do a Trigger's PC FOR my PC saves and one for my Gameboy saves. And a Pokémon Box save link between the two games and so i can do something between emulator <=> gameboy and avoid the "the save had been removed from collection"

Secret Bases, everything, wow an amazing work !

Got an error at random.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnPokemonContextMenuOpening(Object sender, ContextMenuEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.ContextMenuEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.RaiseContextMenuOpeningEvent(IInputElement source, Double x, Double y, Boolean userInitiated)

at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.OnPostProcessInput(Object sender, ProcessInputEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.RaiseProcessInputEventHandlers(ProcessInputEventHandler postProcessInput, ProcessInputEventArgs processInputEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Got an error at random.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnPokemonContextMenuOpening(Object sender, ContextMenuEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.ContextMenuEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.RaiseContextMenuOpeningEvent(IInputElement source, Double x, Double y, Boolean userInitiated)

at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.PopupControlService.OnPostProcessInput(Object sender, ProcessInputEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.RaiseProcessInputEventHandlers(ProcessInputEventHandler postProcessInput, ProcessInputEventArgs processInputEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Found the problem. I think it was when you right clicked on an empty box space. Hotfix will be up soon.

OMG, i'm so happy for my saves o/ ! Just tested it, it works perfectly, i can use Trigger's PC with a 'real' gameboy so i can enjoy it at 100%

i've a question / suggestion about something : All the saves are on a SD card, there's a way to avoid the "the save has been removed from collection" ? If not, i think i'm gonna do a Trigger's PC FOR my PC saves and one for my Gameboy saves. And a Pokémon Box save link between the two games and so i can do something between emulator <=> gameboy and avoid the "the save had been removed from collection"

Secret Bases, everything, wow an amazing work !

I can add a setting to silently remove saves when it can't find them.

Well it was more to avoid the fact i'll have to re-add everytime my saves from my gameboy if i don't put the sd card on my computer, but if you can't do anything it's okay, i'll find an other solution don't worry o/

Oh in that case I'll make a setting to hide saves that couldn't be loaded. Based on the way my program is coded they will have to be moved to the bottom of the list however. Otherwise I'll have to do a bit of rewriting.

That'd be it. Just reproduced it.

Hotfix is up. ;)

If it's not a problem for other people / you (i'm feeling like i'm asking too much for myself right now to be honnest) because i really don't want to annoy people if they want to see their saves deleted :/

No don't worry. I'll be making it a setting so that it's not enabled by default. I'm a heavy believer in excess amounts of settings so everyone can get the program to feel the way they want it to. And it's certainly not asking too much. If that were the case I'd just politely decline to implement it.

Edit: Also HaxAras would probably also want this same feature as well since he has saves loaded up on his SD card.