[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

Trigger, sent you my Emerald save. Here's my secret bases the last time I wrote them down. (Early to mid 2015) Anything with the name other than HaxAras is old as hell and therefore accurate.) I woulda done this sooner but the bipolar weather here has been unbearable. (Not kidding either. Google Colorado weather. If you were passing through, you'd think you were living through the apocalypse.)

Secret Bases

Route: 121

Tree Left: Johnny (Ruby secret base team - Possibly 2008/09/10 onward.)

-Salamence Lv.64

-Altaria Lv.50

-MiloticLv.50

-Glalie Lv.50

-Cacturne Lv.50

-Metagross Lv.50

Tree Right: Landon (Original Colosseum team 2010)

-Espeon Lv.72

-Flygon Lv.73

-AltariaLv.74

-Mantine Lv.71

-Umbreon Lv.74

-Jumpluff Lv.71

Wall 1: Bulldog (Mix of Ruby secret base team and random Pokemon)

-Latias Lv.50

-Salamence Lv.65

-Altaria Lv.50

-Milotic Lv.50

-Milotic Lv.51

-Mew Lv.72

Wall 2: Kgon

-Golem Lv.33

-Golem Lv.25

-

-

-

-

-

Route 120

Bush 1: May (Emerald Team 2012 &/or 2013)

-Altaria Lv.69

-Swampert Lv.67

-Absol Lv.60

-Rhydon Lv.60

-Crobat Lv.60

-Ninetails Lv.60

Bush 2: Bulldog (Ruby secret base team - Possibly 2008/09/10 onward.)

-Glalie Lv.43

-Altaria Lv.37

-Swellow Lv.42

-Cacturne Lv.37

-Tentacruel Lv.37

-Metagross Lv.45

Rock 1: HaxAras (Sapphire) (Battle Frontier competitive team & Dodrio.)

-Salamence Lv.50

-Suicune Lv.50

-Snorlax Lv.50

-Dodrio Lv.41

-

-

Route 118

Rock 1: Kgon

-Altaria Lv.50

-Glalie Lv.51

-Tentacruel Lv.50

-Metagross Lv.51

-Swellow Lv.50

-Cacturne Lv.51

Tree Right: HaxAras (Emerald 2nd cart)

Tree Left: Japanese Emerald

-Sudowoodo Lv.40

-Gardevoir Lv.47

-Skarmory Lv.48

-Beedrill Lv.26

-Celebi Lv.10

-Carvanha Lv.12

Thanks, and no worries about the delay.

Secret Base Perilous Progress Preview #3!

iE1HfJr.png

You know what's fun? Spending an hour questioning why the trainer representations weren't correct when compared to the information on Bulbapedia to end up finding out that the information is incorrect... The trainer is based on the last digit of your Trainer ID modulo 256 (AKA the last byte of your Trainer ID only). Not you're whole trainer ID. -__-

Hey there, was trying to load up my emerald save and keep getting this

EuB3Eg9.png

I've found the issue. Trigger's PC is trying to load both save data slots in your game when there's only one because you've only saved once in the entire game. I can fix that but for now all you need to do with every game is make sure you have saved twice since the creation of the game. (Not twice every time you save the game)

For background information: All Pokemon games store 2 save slots (Colosseum stores 3). They represent your current save, and previous save. This way if there's ever corrupted information while saving you can revert to the backup. So when you first create a game there's only one save slot since there's no previous save.

Got this when trying to transfer a shiny squirtle to my save in box 1

YFFokGY.png

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.HighlightPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.GotoPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.UpdateSlaves(Double newWidth)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.RefreshUI()

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonTab.RefreshUI()

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.RefreshUI()

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnContextMenuSendToClicked(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Got this when trying to transfer a shiny squirtle to my save in box 1

YFFokGY.png

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.HighlightPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.GotoPokemon(IPokemon pokemon)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.UpdateSlaves(Double newWidth)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonBoxViewer.RefreshUI()

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonTab.RefreshUI()

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.RefreshUI()

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeBoxControl.OnContextMenuSendToClicked(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Hmm I thought I fixed that. Anyway to avoid it in the mean time try clicking around in the box row a few times where the egg was highlighted and change the current box by using the arrows on the side. Oh are you using the send to feature? That may be why it's not fixed.

Hmm I thought I fixed that. Anyway to avoid it in the mean time try clicking around in the box row a few times where the egg was highlighted and change the current box by using the arrows on the side. Oh are you using the send to feature? That may be why it's not fixed.

Yeah I was using send to

Oh, just wondering. When will you fix the number of Shadow Pokemon reporting "Unknown" under both snagged and purified?

I may just remove that for now. I haven't invested time in learning how to track that yet and I never may. Value testing these gamecube games isn't fun especially when I don't have saves at desired points.

I may just remove that for now. I haven't invested time in learning how to track that yet and I never may. Value testing these gamecube games isn't fun especially when I don't have saves at desired points.

That's fine. At least the Strategy Memo works.

I am actually playing through Pokemon Colloseum a second time from the beginning as I had lost the save file. I have just started so if you want, I will get you the save files at the required points in the game.

I am actually playing through Pokemon Colloseum a second time from the beginning as I had lost the save file. I have just started so if you want, I will get you the save files at the required points in the game.

Okay here's the results.

How to create saves:

• I will always need a before and after save. One save before the occurrence, and one save after. The before save needs to be as close to directly before the occurrence as possible. This method is how I do almost all of my variable hunting for the games.

Times to Create Saves:

• Snagging first Pokemon. (If possible)
  • Multiple times for snagging Pokemon throughout the game.
  • A time where you encountered a Shadow Pokemon but let it get away. (Multiple if possible)
  • Snagging the same Pokemon that got away.
  • Before and after the Colosseum showdown in Realgam Tower.

If you forget to create a save during any of these parts it's alright. The main things I need are letting a Pokemon get away and snagging at least a couple Pokemon.

I will get the saves you wanted. I had not made much progress in my game so I restarted the game. Here are the save files for before, after (successfully snagged) and after (failed to snag) of the first pokemon. Its not possible to save at will in Colloseum so I have to run to the pokemon center to save, so all saves are from pokemon center.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ghv5y5mvetcydm5/PKMN_Colloseum.7z

I will get the saves you wanted. I had not made much progress in my game so I restarted the game. Here are the save files for before, after (successfully snagged) and after (failed to snag) of the first pokemon. Its not possible to save at will in Colloseum so I have to run to the pokemon center to save, so all saves are from pokemon center.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ghv5y5mvetcydm5/PKMN_Colloseum.7z

Thanks. But would you mind just storing the saves until you're done your playthrough and then sending a labeled compilation? I hope that's not asking too much. :\

Good news everyone. The test build for secret bases should be here soon. (Most likely today or early tomorrow) There isn't a way to store secret bases in Your PC or import/export yet as the main purpose of this build is testing save safety. That feature will come in the next test build.

Edit: Bonus Ducks Preview of the Edit Secret Base Trainer Window moments before release of the test build.

Hwrv65G.png

Edit 2 - Electric Boogaloo: Test Build is up. Have at it everyone!

Edited by trigger_death

Well tried out the new version. Its quite good! A few "bugs" I have come across:-

1) This affects only the registered bases not the player's base. When in the editor, if I use the third place mode (the blue arrow) move option and move a mat which has pokedolls/cushions, the dolls dont removed and moved into the available items list. They just stay in the base, placed directly on the floor. This does not happen with the player's base where the dolls get removed.

2) Again this affects only registered bases. When in the editor, using the second place mode (the eraser) erase option and erase something in the base, the item disappears. It does not appear in the available items list. It just disappears. As the editor does not have a "Do you want to save your edit" kind of option before closing, the items are lost.

3) This one is related to the previous bug. If I send a secret base to another game which has the location of this secret base occupied, I get an option to place the base elsewhere. Once I place it, there are not decorations available in the available items list. All the items seems to just get deleted instead of being moved to the avialable items list.

4) The three place modes have the same text "place mode" displayed when hovered over them. It would be better if it showed what they do

Nice ! i'm gonna try the Secret Base tool one i'll be on the PC with random saves, i will try to test everything !

Edit : Just downoladed it, and wow it looks ALREADY amazing. I didn't test it because i've to drive, but wow. Just wow. And found a old Emerald save from a french forum with a secret base with 6 Mewtwo level 100 with Explosion haha.

Now i've a little question : I own a gba clone that can read games from sd card. I found it on my old stuff, and I'd like to combo this + Trigger's PC. This way I could use my hack roms / classic rom in once + The power of Trigger's PC, something missing because no connexion between my handheld and Pokemon Box OTL

But i've a problem. The saves are bigger. 136k against the classic 128k. BUT the structure is the same ! The only difference is that at the end of the save, you have to fill up "FF" until the 136k save (so if i remember right, a Pokemon save file finishs at 0x1FFFF and here for my 136k saves, you have to fill up until the 0x21FFF and it works) so, any way to have Trigger's PC working with this ? I know it'd be usefull for me only, but I thought it could load bigger saves IF the structure until the 0x1FFFF is the same ?

Thanks !