[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

I never thought to do that with secret bases.

Smogon has a guide to explain the idea and get you started: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/secret_base I have invested quite some time into this and have come up with more advanced and more useful teams. But I won't go into detail here, that would take too long and be too much of an off-topic wall of text.*^^*

My Ruby got stolen and my Emerald broke.

Oh no, that's awful. :(

So many countless memories with gen 3. <3

I feel you. :)

It would be really helpful to know if they'll hatch shiny on one of the many save files I'll be making since I intend to make a save file for every game in every language before I finish buying all the carts.

I have thought a bit more about this feature and would like to add two things:

First, I'd say the more illegitimat part of Trigger's PC here is that it shows you the IVs, nature etc. of unhatched Pokémon. And nobody has an issue with this. The shiny factor is just a nice addition to this feature. And you still have to create and transfer all these eggs. And then hatch all of them if you want to get rid of them by releasing them.

And second, the idea behind Trigger's PC was to bring together people's many Gen 3 games into one place, right? For example, the reason why Trigger's PC doesn't reset the friendship value when trading a Pokémon is because, as has been discussed here, it feels wrong that a Pokémon would lose its friendship with you just because it is sent to a different (form of) you. Trigger's PC helps to unify a trainer's collection of games to add a bit of sense to the very hard life of Gen 3.

What tool do you use to transfer and backup your cartridges? I'd love to get my shiny Ekans from my physical FireRed save over to my current saves. What's the price range on it?

I bought a DSTWO card for about €30, I think. I got a micro SD card that I put in an SD adapter to transfer save files from the DSTWO card to the mac/computer and back again. The DSTWO card runs GBA Backup Tool just fine, I use it with my DS Lite. For GameCube saves, I have the SD Media Launcher, i.e. the thing that looks like a GC memory card and lets you put SD cards in it. I have GCMM on the SD card (it has to be a normal SD card for the SD Media Launcher … or at least one with not more than 4 GB … not sure about the exact restrictions but you can check online), which I can boot up after starting the GameCube with the Action Replay disc that Launcher came with. GCMM lets you backup GC save files (including Japanese ones) just as GBA Backup Tool lets you backup GBA save files. That's all, I think.

decymin said:
First, I'd say the more illegitimat part of Trigger's PC here is that it shows you the IVs, nature etc. of unhatched Pokémon. And nobody has an issue with this. The shiny factor is just a nice addition to this feature. And you still have to create and transfer all these eggs. And then hatch all of them if you want to get rid of them by releasing them.

And second, the idea behind Trigger's PC was to bring together people's many Gen 3 games into one place, right? For example, the reason why Trigger's PC doesn't reset the friendship value when trading a Pokémon is because, as has been discussed here, it feels wrong that a Pokémon would lose its friendship with you just because it is sent to a different (form of) you. Trigger's PC helps to unify a trainer's collection of games to add a bit of sense to the very hard life of Gen 3.

I bought a DSTWO card for about €30, I think. I got a micro SD card that I put in an SD adapter to transfer save files from the DSTWO card to the mac/computer and back again. The DSTWO card runs GBA Backup Tool just fine, I use it with my DS Lite. For GameCube saves, I have the SD Media Launcher, i.e. the thing that looks like a GC memory card and lets you put SD cards in it. I have GCMM on the SD card (it has to be a normal SD card for the SD Media Launcher … or at least one with not more than 4 GB … not sure about the exact restrictions but you can check online), which I can boot up after starting the GameCube with the Action Replay disc that Launcher came with. GCMM lets you backup GC save files (including Japanese ones) just as GBA Backup Tool lets you backup GBA save files. That's all, I think.

I didn't even think of the showing IV's thing as illegitimate. I used the tool to search my highest IV Pokemon. I've never been a stats person though. I looked at my highest stat Pokemon and thought pretty much. "Cool. I have some Pokemon with really good stats. And most of them were caught by me........ This info is completely worthless to me."

On the topic of hatching eggs. I was reading the changelogs before I updated the other day and saw that you could no longer move Pokemon eggs to Colosseum. (Which to me is a damn shame!) I have a few Pokemon Box eggs that are shiny but they're generated to hatch shiny on Pokemon Box, which is impossible. Oh, how the games love to troll us. When I moved them to Colosseum, they were forced to hatch but their ID and secret ID were 0. Their OT was AZUSA, which they all seem to be generated with. I couldn't change their OT's and ID's and keep the same personality value and shinyness which sucked.

I forgot to mention the GameCube Mod Manager and that amazing tool, the SD Media Launcher. My friend and I used to trade Pokemon in 2013 by trading them to my Colosseum save, backing it up and sending it to eachother. We lamented the 3rd gen community and talked about how awesome it would be to find other people like us and have a small community. hahahaahah

Another tool for backing up GBA Saves (But it's terrible) Is the Advanced Game Port. It's a GameCube tool that acts like an Action Replay and a GameBoy Player but doesn't do either well. It makes save states of GBA files as a .gci file. I lost my original Leaf Green file from 2006 to these things. Unless it could be miraculously recovered. If you ever look into one of these, use extreme caution. I've found that you have to save twice to get a save state to save. (For ex. Restore a save state, save. Walk a few paces. Save again. Soft reset to make sure it stuck.) I stupidly did this on the title screen for my Leaf Green. It shows the little "Previously on your adventure" before loading the current save state. Whoops.

Edited by HaxAras

I looked at my highest stat Pokemon and thought pretty much. "Cool. I have some Pokemon with really good stats. […]"

I looked through all my current save files yesterday, and my highest-stat Pokémon – with an amazing IV spread of 30/31/10/31/9/31 – is a Farfetch'd. (-__- ) Out of all the Pokémon, this is the one with the best stats. Don't even remember what I bread that one for, probably to pass on False Swipe or something. Sigh. But whatever, it's male so I might be able to use it for breeding. And once I start to breed for the Battle Frontier (currently still busy hunting lots of Ditto), I might get a Pokémon with an even better IV spread that isn't Farfetch'd … ^^

We lamented the 3rd gen community and talked about how awesome it would be to find other people like us and have a small community. hahahaahah

It is always very exciting when you find other people that are still invested in Gen 3. :) And it's catching on. It's really cool to see how many people have picked up ribbon hunting for example. A few years ago, basically nobody had even heard of it. And most people are so very helpful. I got my first Liechi berry by sending someone my actual GBA game so they could trade it onto it, for example.

decymin said:
I looked through all my current save files yesterday, and my highest-stat Pokémon – with an amazing IV spread of 30/31/10/31/9/31 – is a Farfetch'd. (-__- ) Out of all the Pokémon, this is the one with the best stats. Don't even remember what I bread that one for, probably to pass on False Swipe or something. Sigh. But whatever, it's male so I might be able to use it for breeding. And once I start to breed for the Battle Frontier (currently still busy hunting lots of Ditto), I might get a Pokémon with an even better IV spread that isn't Farfetch'd … ^^

It is always very exciting when you find other people that are still invested in Gen 3. :) And it's catching on. It's really cool to see how many people have picked up ribbon hunting for example. A few years ago, basically nobody had even heard of it. And most people are so very helpful. I got my first Liechi berry by sending someone my actual GBA game so they could trade it onto it, for example.

A project I was working on a few years ago and abandoned. Ralts with Synchronize, 2 of every nature . I still have a lot if you want them. I never got every nature but maybe a bunch of Ralts with synchronize and various natures might help somebody.

My best Pokemon is a 5 IV shiny Feebas egg given to my by somebody who will remain nameless.

Ribbon hunting. That pisses me off. While I have perfect Pokeblocks thanks to the above mentioned collector, getting the Battle Tower ones are enraging. I did it with my Suicune because it was designed to beat the Battle Tower and has (Decent enough) IV's. I was linked to a guide (Again, by that blasted collector) by some guy on the internet. He collected every Ribbon with a Delibird. I can't even get my Rocks Metang to last 7 fights to get a ribbon using a save state! (Would be so cool to have a Metang with all 80 Ribbons and Refresh). I messaged the Delibird guy and never got a response. I've pretty much given up at this point. While there's a lot of Pokemon I'd like to collect all the ribbons for, I'm calling BS until I see some proof that it can be done legit.

I managed to get all the gen 3 stuff for Suicune and started on gen 4. But doing all the different types of battle at the battle tower. Using 2 DS' and doing link battles and double battles, etc. Just sounds like a headache. Then importing it all the way to gen 6. I'm expected to believe some guy managed to get a streak of 49 and then switched out a team member for a Delibird? My gen 3 team limps along with a Metagross and Bellossom. Adding 3 more gens of Pokemon and a facility I'm told pretty much cheats to that? BULL$^$@! hahahhaha I'm done ranting now but seriously!

Edited by HaxAras

A project I was working on a few years ago and abandoned. Ralts with Synchronize, 2 of every nature . I still have a lot if you want them. I never got every nature but maybe a bunch of Ralts with synchronize and various natures might help somebody.

My best Pokemon is a 5 IV shiny Feebas egg given to my by somebody who will remain nameless.

Ribbon hunting. That pisses me off. While I have perfect Pokeblocks thanks to the above mentioned collector, getting the Battle Tower ones are enraging. I did it with my Suicune because it was designed to beat the Battle Tower and has (Decent enough) IV's. I was linked to a guide (Again, by that blasted collector) by some guy on the internet. He collected every Ribbon with a Delibird. I can't even get my Rocks Metang to last 7 fights to get a ribbon using a save state! (Would be so cool to have a Metang with all 80 Ribbons and Refresh). I messaged the Delibird guy and never got a response. I've pretty much given up at this point. While there's a lot of Pokemon I'd like to collect all the ribbons for, I'm calling BS until I see some proof that it can be done legit.

I managed to get all the gen 3 stuff for Suicune and started on gen 4. But doing all the different types of battle at the battle tower. Using 2 DS' and doing link battles and double battles, etc. Just sounds like a headache. Then importing it all the way to gen 6. I'm expected to believe some guy managed to get a streak of 49 and then switched out a team member for a Delibird? My gen 3 team limps along with a Metagross and Bellossom. Adding 3 more gens of Pokemon and a facility I'm told pretty much cheats to that? BULL$^$@! hahahhaha I'm done ranting now but seriously!

Plus there's that stupid World Ability ribbon in Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver that's lost forever unless you use AltWFC/Wiimmfi (whenever they add support for Battle Tower) or just edit it onto your Pokemon.

That's cool. :) I don't think I need any, though. I got my Synchronisers from the Prize Corner in FRLG. I just bought an Abra, checked its nature and ability and soft-resetted until I had one with Synchronise for every nature. That was much easier for me to do than breeding or hunting.

Ah yes, the Delibird person. :D Well, I have spoken to them because they started their ribbon hunt based on information I collected, and afaik, everything is legit. Some people are just really good at these Battle Tower things (I'm not). They are not the first person to do it either. I've always wanted to do my ribbon hunt with a Spheal (so many soft-resets to get a cool one in xD), haha, can you imagine that thing in the Battle Tower? ^^

I'm done ranting now but seriously!

Maybe some day. :)

- - -

Is there a way to 'update' a save file that is added in Trigger's PC? Maybe I just didn't see it? What I mean is: once you have added the save file to Trigger's PC, done something with it then played it in the GBA game again, it would be cool if you could click on the game in Trigger's PC and update its save file. The way I am doing it now is that I delete the save from Trigger's PC, then add the updated save that I just transferred from the cartridge to the PC. Is there a different way?

Oh man that's a lot of talking that popped up overnight!

And second, the idea behind Trigger's PC was to bring together people's many Gen 3 games into one place, right? Trigger's PC helps to unify a trainer's collection of games to add a bit of sense to the very hard life of Gen 3.

1) I agree with that. It deinsentivises players from hatching all of their eggs. Instead they can just check them. After finishing the Check Egg Shininess feature I've considered making a Mystery Eggs setting. If you enable it, you will not be able to see anything about the egg other than it's species.

2) That's a beautiful way of putting it. :')

On the topic of hatching eggs. I was reading the changelogs before I updated the other day and saw that you could no longer move Pokemon eggs to Colosseum. (Which to me is a damn shame!) I have a few Pokemon Box eggs that are shiny but they're generated to hatch shiny on Pokemon Box, which is impossible. Oh, how the games love to troll us. When I moved them to Colosseum, they were forced to hatch but their ID and secret ID were 0. Their OT was AZUSA, which they all seem to be generated with. I couldn't change their OT's and ID's and keep the same personality value and shinyness which sucked.

That was actually a bug of mine. :PC

That's a beautiful amount of trust to put in the Pokemon community and I'm glad the community turned into what it is today.

Is there a way to 'update' a save file that is added in Trigger's PC? Maybe I just didn't see it? What I mean is: once you have added the save file to Trigger's PC, done something with it then played it in the GBA game again, it would be cool if you could click on the game in Trigger's PC and update its save file. The way I am doing it now is that I delete the save from Trigger's PC, then add the updated save that I just transferred from the cartridge to the PC. Is there a different way?

File > Reload Saves (Will reload all saves)

It's a safety mechanism at the moment because I have no way to tell when you opened your game in an emulator so I can't tell if changes have been made to it after you opened the game.

If you wan't I can add a force reload feature for the current loaded game.

Edited by trigger_death

Well i've checked really fastly the new posts here but anyway my 2 cents on everything o/ :

- About the Shiny hatching. I'm a massive Shiny Hunter (especially on Fire Red) and now that i've almost finished my 1st Gen Shiny Living Dex (I miss some Shiny that you can only get by eggs) i want this SO BAD haha X_X ! It would help me A LOT, like really. I'm at 110 Shiny / 151 and really it's a lot of hours to spend of making eggs / hatching them etc, so yep i'm really happy of that haha !

- I'm really for all the Secret Base stuff (i never saw the thread linked before about this on smogon, and i'm gonna use it) because i never looked too much into that because i'm more a Fire Red / Leaf Green fan, so i've to admit i did not spend a lot of hours on RSE (against a crazy amount on FR/LG if i count Shiny hunting) so i want to discover that more !

i'm more a Fire Red / Leaf Green fan, so i've to admit i did not spend a lot of hours on RSE (against a crazy amount on FR/LG if i count Shiny hunting) so i want to discover that more !

I'm with you on that. I much more enjoy FRLG than RSE. I don't know what it is but the Hoenn region and theme just feels more bland to me. Of course I do love farming me some berries.

I LOVE this new feature haha <3 !

Really awesome, but i've a bug (i don't think it's Trigger's PC related directly) : I've migrated a REALLY OLD version (the first ones) to the last one (because it was on a different computer) and everytime i've an error when i want to save :

2862259388.png

I've no really idea of what to do, but i'm 99% sure it's only because i failed with too much updates at once X_X

For future suggestions, your tool has became something perfect (i mean with all the options we could imagine) so, except a thing to auto-order PC boxes i've no true idea at the moment but i'll think about that don't worry :P

And for "Your PC" inventory, i've a idea about collection and rare items. Why not make a separation between each game like :

Ruby / Sapphire

Fire Red / Leaf Green

Emerald

Colossum

xD

and something more proper ?

Edit : Oh just saw about injecting saves into real cartidges. Well i use GBA Backup Tool too, but if you're from the US you can find a cheap linker for $5 so don't think too much :P

Thanks o/

I LOVE this new feature haha <3 !

Really awesome, but i've a bug (i don't think it's Trigger's PC related directly) : I've migrated a REALLY OLD version (the first ones) to the last one (because it was on a different computer) and everytime i've an error when i want to save :

2862259388.png

I've no really idea of what to do, but i'm 99% sure it's only because i failed with too much updates at once X_X

For future suggestions, your tool has became something perfect (i mean with all the options we could imagine) so, except a thing to auto-order PC boxes i've no true idea at the moment but i'll think about that don't worry :P

And for "Your PC" inventory, i've a idea about collection and rare items. Why not make a separation between each game like :

Ruby / Sapphire

Fire Red / Leaf Green

Emerald

Colossum

xD

and something more proper ?

Edit : Oh just saw about injecting saves into real cartidges. Well i use GBA Backup Tool too, but if you're from the US you can find a cheap linker for $5 so don't think too much :P

Thanks o/

1) Actually that isn't the issue. I've been strict on keeping compatibility with old save files and haven't removed the ability to load any previous version. I think I fixed the issue. But for now goto the Gen 3/Settings.xml file and find the "MakeBackups" tag and change the value to true then save the file, open up Trigger's PC and try saving then. I'll still upload the hotfix.

2) Ordering PC boxes will most likely be a feature down the road but not yet.

3) I've wanted to do better item sorting for Your PC for a long time but I'll have to rewrite a bit of how the inventory is handled so that's why I've been putting it off. It will happen eventually though.

4) Did you hatch that Bulby thanks to the Find Shiny Eggs feature? :D

Edit: Hotfix is up.

1) it worked thank you ! I update everytime on my main computer but i've two other pc so i don't update them everytime :c So i was almost sure it was the problem haha !

2) Of course, but you could make a doc like for achievements in order to be sure of what we can suggest here or not ? So no way to edit but at least WE KNOW what things you are okay with or not ?

3) I've seen that on the first post, and my idea about collection was the first thing in my mind (instantly)

4) Yep exactly o/ ! Random egg on my Fire Red and TADA i'm really happy haha :P I'm gonna make a bunch of eggs tonight o/

2) Of course, but you could make a doc like for achievements in order to be sure of what we can suggest here or not ? So no way to edit but at least WE KNOW what things you are okay with or not ?

3) I've seen that on the first post, and my idea about collection was the first thing in my mind (instantly)

4) Yep exactly o/ ! Random egg on my Fire Red and TADA i'm really happy haha :P I'm gonna make a bunch of eggs tonight o/

2) I'm certainly not against any suggestions being made even if they're the same thing but slightly different so I don't mind.

4) Congrats! ^_^

That feature works! I didn't get any results. So I added every save I had on my PC or most of them anyway. I forgot a few. I found 5 results but one of them was my 5IV shiny Feebas egg. I found a shiny Omanyte in my Kanto Egg collection I bred for my living Pokedex projects. (Now I'm tempted to breed the entire dex for every project just to maximize shiny chances) I found 3 Pokemon Box eggs that were going to hatch shiny. I noticed for the second time though. They only seem to hatch shiny if the trainer ID and secret ID are all 0's. They hatched shiny on a Japanese event save that was shared with me.

Edited by HaxAras

I'm a massive Shiny Hunter (especially on Fire Red) […] I'm at 110 Shiny / 151

Oh wow, that's a lot. How did you collect them? Did you RNG to get them or did you actually take the time to look for fully legit ones? O.o

I'm really for all the Secret Base stuff (i never saw the thread linked before about this on smogon, and i'm gonna use it)

Not sure what exactly you're going for (EVs, Exp, …), but if you get serious with this, send me a message if you want to hear about some more advanced ways of making use of the bases. :) (Details depend on how many games you have and which Pokémon you have access to etc.) Just the Smogon guide is fine, too, however; not trying to say it's bad info, just that there's ways to optimise them.

Wow... I'm looking at the dates and I'm surprised Trigger's PC has only been out for 3 weeks and a couple days. It's felt like months to me.

Well, you have been working a lot on it, and the tool has become something nobody could have hoped for before! :)

Check Egg Shininess Release is up.

Woo! :D Looks like people have had great success with it already. O.o

File > Reload Saves (Will reload all saves)

It's a safety mechanism at the moment because I have no way to tell when you opened your game in an emulator so I can't tell if changes have been made to it after you opened the game.

If you wan't I can add a force reload feature for the current loaded game.

Ah, I didn't realise that Trigger's PC would refer to the save file you specify when you add a save (and not make a copy of it or something). If it works this way, I guess I will just have a .sav file for each game on the computer and then update this one whenever I change anything. That works, so there's no need for a new feature. But just to explain what I meant before:

I transfer a save file from the GBA game to the computer. I load that save file into Trigger's PC, do something with it, then copy the updated file and move it back to the GBA game. Then, I play the GBA game and update the file by playing. And when I then move that updated file from the GBA game to the computer again, I thought I would then tell Trigger's PC, look, for this game I have added, forget the old save file on the computer and use this new one (with a different file name and/or in a different location), as it's the updated one and the other file is the old one.

Do you see what I mean? That's how I approached it initially. This way, I would keep the old save file as a backup and just redirect Triggger's PC to the new save file for a given game.

decymin said:
Ah, I didn't realise that Trigger's PC would refer to the save file you specify when you add a save (and not make a copy of it or something). If it works this way, I guess I will just have a .sav file for each game on the computer and then update this one whenever I change anything. That works, so there's no need for a new feature. But just to explain what I meant before:

I transfer a save file from the GBA game to the computer. I load that save file into Trigger's PC, do something with it, then copy the updated file and move it back to the GBA game. Then, I play the GBA game and update the file by playing. And when I then move that updated file from the GBA game to the computer again, I thought I would then tell Trigger's PC, look, for this game I have added, forget the old save file on the computer and use this new one (with a different file name and/or in a different location), as it's the updated one and the other file is the old one.

Do you see what I mean? That's how I approached it initially. This way, I would keep the old save file as a backup and just redirect Triggger's PC to the new save file for a given game.

One thing you could do is make a save backups folder. Load the save in Triggers PC directly from your SD card and then make your changes/save. That way it saves directly to your SD card. The save is removed with the SD card so it's no longer on Triggers PC and then the backup is safe wherever you left it.

Edited by HaxAras

Oh wow, that's a lot. How did you collect them? Did you RNG to get them or did you actually take the time to look for fully legit ones? O.o

Not sure what exactly you're going for (EVs, Exp, …), but if you get serious with this, send me a message if you want to hear about some more advanced ways of making use of the bases. :) (Details depend on how many games you have and which Pokémon you have access to etc.) Just the Smogon guide is fine, too, however; not trying to say it's bad info, just that there's ways to optimise them.

Nop, i'm a shiny hunter ONLY on Fire Red / Leaf Green, so i've 110 LEGIT 1/8192 Shiny

and a LOT of RNG / Other way Shiny :P ! That's why Trigger's PC is so important for me haha <3 !

And for the Secret bases, i'm just gonna make one for XP and 6 for 3EV each stat. I think i don't need more than that to be honnest.

i'll make one save for each and i'll copy each on more important saves in order to have more than one copy.

Edit : I've found a suggestion ! Similar to the Mirage Island tool, why not a Feebas fishing spot finder ?

I've found a suggestion ! Similar to the Mirage Island tool, why not a Feebas fishing spot finder ?

Is that something people would want? I can certainly make it since there's already source code I can work with. I'm just wondering if people would consider it legit since finding Feebas doesn't take more than an hour or so.

Load the save in Triggers PC directly from your SD card and then make your changes/save. That way it saves directly to your SD card. The save is removed with the SD card so it's no longer on Triggers PC and then the backup is safe wherever you left it.

That's a good idea actually, thanks! I always make backups anyways. :)

Nop, i'm a shiny hunter ONLY on Fire Red / Leaf Green, so i've 110 LEGIT 1/8192 Shiny

That is just … wow. How did you do this? Do you have a preferred method of hunting for shinies? Also, how long have you been doing this? You must have spent an incredible amount of time on that.

And for the Secret bases, i'm just gonna make one for XP and 6 for 3EV each stat. I think i don't need more than that to be honnest.

For the Exp bases, Chansey/Blissey actually take quite long to fight. If you have Latios, it's much faster to use some Latios with Memento as their only attack (although Memento doesn't work on a Pokémon it has been used 3 times already, so if you had 6 Latios, you would need to switch the Pokémon you want to level up out or use X Attack on it). Even better are Mewtwo with only Self-Destruct (send out the Pokémon you want to level up, then change to one that faints to Self-Destruct, first Pokémon gets all the Exp), but you need to play through Pokémon xD to have the move tutor in that game teach it (one playthrough for every Mewtwo you want to use). If you make a Base with 3 Latios and 3 Mewtwo, you can switch between having your attack reduced by Memento and sending out a different Pokémon to faint to Self-Destruct, and you go through one Exp base in just 6 turns (as opposed to a lot more turns when you fight 6 Level 100 Chansey/Blissey). Both Latios and Mewtwo give a lot of Exp.

As for the EV bases: Don't forget that Ditto also copy the EV yield when they use transform. You can use that information for all kinds of useful combinations for EV bases. Other than that, my only advice is to check the Pokémon's full learnset if you're going to use it in an EV base, as sometimes the 'useless' moves suggested by Smogon are not the best ones for that Pokémon (in terms of how easy it is to get the move on that Pokémon and such).

I've found a suggestion ! Similar to the Mirage Island tool, why not a Feebas fishing spot finder ?

I was thinking about this too when I found that thread about this here the other day. Maybe the tool's functionality could be incorporated into Trigger's PC?

Is that something people would want? I can certainly make it since there's already source code I can work with. I'm just wondering if people would consider it legit since finding Feebas doesn't take more than an hour or so.

Well if a Mirage Island too is present why not this ?

I mean the legitimity is the same for this one, and personaly i'm more fan of Feebas (especially for Shiny Hunting) than Whynaut haha !

That is just … wow. How did you do this? Do you have a preferred method of hunting for shinies? Also, how long have you been doing this? You must have spent an incredible amount of time on that.

For the Exp bases, Chansey/Blissey actually take quite long to fight. If you have Latios, it's much faster to use some Latios with Memento as their only attack (although Memento doesn't work on a Pokémon it has been used 3 times already, so if you had 6 Latios, you would need to switch the Pokémon you want to level up out or use X Attack on it). Even better are Mewtwo with only Self-Destruct (send out the Pokémon you want to level up, then change to one that faints to Self-Destruct, first Pokémon gets all the Exp), but you need to play through Pokémon xD to have the move tutor in that game teach it (one playthrough for every Mewtwo you want to use). If you make a Base with 3 Latios and 3 Mewtwo, you can switch between having your attack reduced by Memento and sending out a different Pokémon to faint to Self-Destruct, and you go through one Exp base in just 6 turns (as opposed to a lot more turns when you fight 6 Level 100 Chansey/Blissey). Both Latios and Mewtwo give a lot of Exp.

As for the EV bases: Don't forget that Ditto also copy the EV yield when they use transform. You can use that information for all kinds of useful combinations for EV bases. Other than that, my only advice is to check the Pokémon's full learnset if you're going to use it in an EV base, as sometimes the 'useless' moves suggested by Smogon are not the best ones for that Pokémon (in terms of how easy it is to get the move on that Pokémon and such).

I've found my first Shiny 12 years ago. So you've an idea of when i've started to Shiny hunt.

I prefer simple encounters rather than SR, but sometimes you don't have the choice (31 592 SR for Bulbasaur, omg, but at least I got Ivysaur in 6 SR and Venusaur in 30XX SR so deal with it) but it's really a thing that i love. I can't wait to have them all, but at the same time I don't want to finish because it's 10 years of my life that would end... haha.

For the bases everything is ready in my mind, i've to admit i'll take advantage of the clonage glitch on Pokemon Emerald (it's not cheat codes etc and i love doing glitch on 1st gen soooo) in order to have a full team without having to do 6*6 pokemon leveling up etc, so for the moment, i'll clone them and later i'll replace them with legit pokemon but thanks, i'll look more into Ditto in order to do a really nice thing haha !

Edit : a suggestion / or something i missed. When i open Trigger's PC i've this rows :

- First Row of "Your PC"

- Second Row of "Your PC" (did two rows at the moment, i'm waiting to have more free time in order to spend one day doing something great that i'll like)

- My Fire Red

I'd like to change for :

- First Row

- Fire Red

- Leaf Green

and this could stay EVERY time i open Trigger's PC rather than having the same config everytime.

Possible ? Thanks o/

trigger_death said:

An hour or so? I've hunted Feebas 3 times. The first time took 8 minutes, the second took 3 days. I don't remember the third. I might have done it 4 times actually. I know there's a Feebas finder tool posted to the forums. I never found it very useful. It gave me incorrect results and I never tested it again.

Edited by HaxAras

Edit : a suggestion / or something i missed. When i open Trigger's PC i've this rows :

- First Row of "Your PC"

- Second Row of "Your PC" (did two rows at the moment, i'm waiting to have more free time in order to spend one day doing something great that i'll like)

- My Fire Red

I'd like to change for :

- First Row

- Fire Red

- Leaf Green

and this could stay EVERY time i open Trigger's PC rather than having the same config everytime.

Possible ? Thanks o/

Sounds like a really good idea. I'll look into setting default rows.

An hour or so? I've hunted Feebas 3 times. The first time took 8 minutes, the second took 3 days. I don't remember the third. I might have done it 4 times actually. I know there's a Feebas finder tool posted to the forums. I never found it very useful. It gave me incorrect results and I never tested it again.

You did fish multiple times correct? Feebas isn't a guaranteed on it's own spots which is why finding them is a pain.

And if the incorrect results are true I'd rather not use it in my tool.

trigger_death said:
Sounds like a really good idea. I'll look into setting default rows.

You did fish multiple times correct? Feebas isn't a guaranteed on it's own spots which is why finding them is a pain.

And if the incorrect results are true I'd rather not use it in my tool.

I'm paranoid. I always end up fishing 4 times. I have a shiny Feebas egg and I've done it 3-4 times. I'm so done with fishing for Feebas anyway. This is why I make living Pokedexes. And thanks to your tool, if I breed them I can use it to determine if I have any shinnies.

Edited by HaxAras