[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

Hey o/ !

I'm back with a little suggestion. I've started to play Colosseum on my pc (so emulator, i don't want to use my CD too much) and i've realized that the save is a little problem. It's more a lazy thing but well it could be nice. Any possibilty to support the Memory Card RAW (for dolphin), rather than exporting / importing every time ?

Not really important for me because i know how to do that easily (even if i have to admit i'd be too lazy to do that every 5 minutes, but time from time is more than okay from me) but could help some people / support xD (once it'll be done), box AND colosseum at the same time ?

Thanks o/

Hey o/ !

I'm back with a little suggestion. I've started to play Colosseum on my pc (so emulator, i don't want to use my CD too much) and i've realized that the save is a little problem. It's more a lazy thing but well it could be nice. Any possibilty to support the Memory Card RAW (for dolphin), rather than exporting / importing every time ?

Not really important for me because i know how to do that easily (even if i have to admit i'd be too lazy to do that every 5 minutes, but time from time is more than okay from me) but could help some people / support xD (once it'll be done), box AND colosseum at the same time ?

Thanks o/

I've really wanted to support it from the start but I don't have any source code to implement working with memory card files. Sorry but for now it'll be manual. :(

Edit: I found another problem. Not with the tool but with the games themselves. I imported a False Swipe Swablu egg into a Fire Red save I'm working on. But every time it tries to evolve, it stops mid-evo. Just like Gloom and Golbat do every time you try to evolve them. Would it be possible to add an "Evolve" feature not only for trade and item Pokemon, but regular Pokemon that are currently able to evolve? At least for Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Edit 2: Something I've been wondering. Is the tool able to edit the trainer card? For legitimacy reasons, it would be nice to add +1 or +2 for trades to the trainer cards.

I remember reading in the first post that eventually, learning moves from items will be a thing. Does that include re-learning moves using Heart Scales? I'm playing a lot of my saves on VBA now because that speed up button is the best thing ever and I know gen 3 like the back of my hand. But I keep accidentally deleting moves.

Edit 3: I decided to change the Pokeballs of some Safari Zone Pokemon on my current Fire Red save using Triggers PC. Not gonan lie the "XXXX is in a rare ball, would you like to change it?" message gets annoying after a few times. Would be cool to turn it off. Another thing I found. The tool seems to auto select my Emerald save and isn't consuming the balls. It's been at 8 the entire time. I selected Fire Red once but I didn't check how many I had so I don't know it it consumed that one.

1) Sure the evolutions should be easy to implement since my tool already has the database on all evolutions. And yeah I guess I did forget to register the new Pokemon in the Pokedex.

2) I have thought of plans for trainer cards. My main idea is a rename trainer option where it would rename the trainer as well as the OT Trainer of every Pokemon caught by that trainer across all loaded saves. I probably won't add changing ID's though. Gender I can easily add as a changeable option. And as for trades I actually haven't found the location of that value yet hehe. I'll look into it but I could enable an option to always increment the trades count when using the tool.

3) Sure I guess I'll disable it for Safari Balls entirely. I'm gonna make it so you can buy Safari Balls at the in-tool Mart anyway for customizability meaning you can always replace them later. Would you still like a confirmation disabler for the Master and Luxury Balls?

trigger_death said:
1) Sure the evolutions should be easy to implement since my tool already has the database on all evolutions.

2) I have thought of plans for trainer cards. My main idea is a rename trainer option where it would rename the trainer as well as the OT Trainer of every Pokemon caught by that trainer across all loaded saves. I probably won't add changing ID's though. Gender I can easily add as a changeable option. And as for trades I actually haven't found the location of that value yet hehe. I'll look into it but I could enable an option to always increment the trades count when using the tool.

3) Sure I guess I'll disable it for Safari Balls entirely. I'm gonna make it so you can buy Safari Balls at the in-tool Mart anyway for customizability meaning you can always replace them later. Would you still like a confirmation disabler for the Master and Luxury Balls?

Honestly, I never use them anymore. I only keep master balls around for shinnies like Graveler or possible roamers, etc. I was going to breed all my Safari Zone Pokemon in my save but I just decided to change the balls. Breeding in FR/LG is the worst thing ever. Also, this morning when I typed that. I didn't realize for the trainer card stickers in FR/LG, you don't have to breed 300 eggs, just hatch them. So I'm going to breed 300 eggs in Emerald, get them close to hatching and then use your wonderful tool to just import them to Fire Red and hatch them.

Man, re-naming all my OT's definitely would helped me in the past. I'm remaking my gen 3 living dex because It probably had a dozen different OT's and hacked Pokemon and Pokemon in just about any ball and it just looked cluttered and terrible. I want my living dexes to be in Pokeballs from now on with the OT: HaxAras to display how much work I put into them.

As for the evolutions, that would be incredibly helpful. I had to use A-save to evolve my Swablu because I didn't want to keep leveling it up and potential messing with any moves it might learn. (Passing up a move because it evolved too late or something like that)

Edited by HaxAras

I remember reading in the first post that eventually, learning moves from items will be a thing. Does that include re-learning moves using Heart Scales? I'm playing a lot of my saves on VBA now because that speed up button is the best thing ever and I know gen 3 like the back of my hand. But I keep accidentally deleting moves.

Forgot to answer this one. Sadly this is still a distant thought. The amount of data entry required for it is astounding and I'm not so great at automating web reading and parsing yet. There are about 6000-12000 total learnable moves as an estimate which is that many lines of data to enter in.

trigger_death said:
Forgot to answer this one. Sadly this is still a distant thought. The amount of data entry required for it is astounding and I'm not so great at automating web reading and parsing yet. There are about 6000-12000 total learnable moves as an estimate which is that many lines of data to enter in.

Wow. Really makes you have to appreciate the amount of work GameFreak must have to put in. That's insane. I can still use A-save or heart scales/mushrooms. It's just a minute or two more of work.

Edited by HaxAras

Wow. Really makes you have to appreciate the amount of work GameFreak must have to put in. That's insane. I can still use A-save or heart scales/mushrooms. It's just a minute or two more of work.

Edit: Looks like I have a really awesome friend that's gonna script reading all the learnable moves and dump them in a text file for me! I'm so glad I went to a programmer college! :D

wow awesome to hear that ! It was something i was hoping for !

Now i'm back with a little issue. I've started Colosseum from the start, i wanted to import a team from Fire Red (so yep started with my OWN saves) after a few hours of game... And surprise, the pokemon are not present in the Colosseum game. They're in the save but nothing in the game itself... Any idea ?

Hey o/ !

Thanks o/

Yr2Inix.png

Not entirely sure if Dolphin will automatically extract your saves from your MemoryCard raw data to the GCI Folders, but if it doesn't, it's as simple as creating a folder named Card A in the relevant folders in your ..\Dolphin Emulator\GC\, either EUR/JAP/USA depending on the region of your games, then extracting all your save files to the Card A folder.

From then on, Dolphin will read and save directly to .gci save files rather than using a clunky raw Memory Card save format.

Yr2Inix.png

Not entirely sure if Dolphin will automatically extract your saves from your MemoryCard raw data to the GCI Folders, but if it doesn't, it's as simple as creating a folder named Card A in the relevant folders in your ..\Dolphin Emulator\GC\, either EUR/JAP/USA depending on the region of your games, then extracting all your save files to the Card A folder.

From then on, Dolphin will read and save directly to .gci save files rather than using a clunky raw Memory Card save format.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU! I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING! I will be posting this with the guidelines for using GameCube games once I write that section.

wow awesome to hear that ! It was something i was hoping for !

Now i'm back with a little issue. I've started Colosseum from the start, i wanted to import a team from Fire Red (so yep started with my OWN saves) after a few hours of game... And surprise, the pokemon are not present in the Colosseum game. They're in the save but nothing in the game itself... Any idea ?

I'll see if Colosseum has some built in restriction for hiding Pokemon.

Hey great tool you have made! I had been searching for something that would perform just like this one. You have done a great work!!

I have a small request, Is it possible to add a feature(?) that would show the number of pokemon that are stored in the PC? This information can be shown in the Trainer Info tab.

Hey great tool you have made! I had been searching for something that would perform just like this one. You have done a great work!!

I have a small request, Is it possible to add a feature(?) that would show the number of pokemon that are stored in the PC? This information can be shown in the Trainer Info tab.

1) I always appreciate the compliments. :)

2) That sounds like a great idea. It'll come out in the version I'm releasing in the next 10-30 minutes. ;)

Edit: It's live.

SN6mrW3.png

Edited by trigger_death

I never thought I'd use it, but I did end up using the "Rename Trainer" option on the file for my current FireRed. I'm going for a No Clones and No Cheats (except Tickets) Living Pokedex in Gen 3 and I needed to replay FRLG for Mewtwo so I figured I'd rename the trainer to my usual OT and change the gender to male (it was female when I started the file).

So far the program hasn't given me any more issues!

I don't think you should worry to much about releasing the source code with the pictures on github. Several other projects do this as well and they are still going. Aslong you don't add bios and roms and those kind of stuffs you should be fine.

Glad you decided to add Gen 1 and 2 as well when you have the time:)

I don't think you should worry to much about releasing the source code with the pictures on github. Several other projects do this as well and they are still going. Aslong you don't add bios and roms and those kind of stuffs you should be fine.

Glad you decided to add Gen 1 and 2 as well when you have the time:)

What about perhaps releasing with the Pokemon Cries? I know audio seems to be much easier to claim a takedown with.

Edit: Or technically it doesn't even need those to compile so they don't need to be in the repository. I guess I'm more wondering if it's safe to release downloads of the program containing the cry files already.

What about perhaps releasing with the Pokemon Cries? I know audio seems to be much easier to claim a takedown with.

Edit: Or technically it doesn't even need those to compile so they don't need to be in the repository. I guess I'm more wondering if it's safe to release downloads of the program containing the cry files already.

Cries I don't know audio is indeed usually easier to takedown. Only one way to find out is just to do it and just give proper copyright credits to Nintendo/GameFreak.

vFYRKzK.png

One thing I've been thinking about a lot lately is how awesome it would be to have rows and columns for Pokemon or being able to re-arrange the boxes when the window is maximized.

It would be such a convenience to me for example if I could just have several rows, one for my living Pokedexes in each language. Then rows for event Pokemon, etc.

Another thing I could contribute. I have the Regi Dolls, legit. So if you're still planning to implement giving them out to people, I could copy the Triggers PC files and send them to you so you could add them to the tool. I could also do the same with my in-game mail as I'm trying to get a collection of it for every in-game trade in every language.

Edited by HaxAras

One thing I've been thinking about a lot lately is how awesome it would be to have rows and columns for Pokemon or being able to re-arrange the boxes when the window is maximized.

It would be such a convenience to me for example if I could just have several rows, one for my living Pokedexes in each language. Then rows for event Pokemon, etc.

Another thing I could contribute. I have the Regi Dolls, legit. So if you're still planning to implement giving them out to people, I could copy the Triggers PC files and send them to you so you could add them to the tool. I could also do the same with my in-game mail as I'm trying to get a collection of it for every in-game trade in every language.

Neat idea. I'll see what I can do for that down the road. I may also make one of those rows able to be from a different game in order to facilitate trading even more.

And as for the regi dolls I can literally create the items. All they are is a single byte in the decorations inventory.

Edit: Making progress:

4Xdzxjm.png

Edited by trigger_death

Yr2Inix.png

Awesome ! It works very well, thank you so much <3

Except that I lost my Umbreon / Espeon (they are on my PC waiting for a way to put them back hahaha)

And awesome this idea of rows, the project is getting better every day omg !

trigger_death said:
Neat idea. I'll see what I can do for that down the road. I may also make one of those rows able to be from a different game in order to facilitate trading even more.

And as for the regi dolls I can literally create the items. All they are is a single byte in the decorations inventory.

Edit: Making progress:

4Xdzxjm.png

You are amazing, seriously. You have no idea how much time and trouble this will save me. I just spent probably an hour organizing all my living dex on my Emerald save and not Fire Red. Now I have to move everything over, 1 Pokemon at a time or re-organize them.

Something else that I would personally find useful (For living Pokedexes) would a grid that you could toggle on and off. I found this living Pokedex website that has this (Screenshot will give you a better idea, this is hard to explain.)

K28FJLL.png

Usually, when the box is empty but even sometimes when there's Pokemon in the PC, it's hard to find out what spot the Pokemon goes in without reference in the tool (I have the same problem in the games as well, honestly).

Finally, the last thing that would be an immense help to me personally, I'm sure others could find use for it. Is if there's some kind of auto fill button for naming the boxes. For example, you start on box 1 and auto fill each box to be labeled 001-030, 031-060. Working on living Pokedexes in every language. I've already spent hours naming every single box across multiple saves.

Honestly, it would be cool if you could just type in what to auto fill beforehand and then just select what you want to auto fill. In my time spent searching through GameFaq's saves, I noticed a lot of people organized their Pokemon by Type or legendaries, etc. I'm not trying to go overboard with this, being able to select which boxes/all boxes would be named would be another nice feature to have if you decide to do this. In case you don't want to write over every box.

Edit: I just noticed. I accidentally send all my Pokemon to my PC and they stayed in place but when I sent them to my Fire Red save, they got mashed up together. Is that a bug or intentional?

Edited by HaxAras

Edit: I just noticed. I accidentally send all my Pokemon to my PC and they stayed in place but when I sent them to my Fire Red save, they got mashed up together. Is that a bug or intentional?

Could you be more specific. Are you talking about a selection? What method of sending?

trigger_death said:
Could you be more specific. Are you talking about a selection? What method of sending?

Right click on the name of the PC box and highlighting everything. Right click in the box and click send to and then selecting a game.

Edited by HaxAras

Awesome ! It works very well, thank you so much <3

Except that I lost my Umbreon / Espeon (they are on my PC waiting for a way to put them back hahaha)

You're welcome :3 I only found out about it recently too, and I'm so glad I can just directly have save files rather than raw memory card images.