[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

[video=youtube;53hG-IhO2C8]

I copied a few hundred Pokemon from Box to a Twitch Fire Red save and it altered the PP of some of the final moves. I'm not sure if it's a Pokemon Box thing or something the tool does in general.

qlMMnDh.png

Edited by HaxAras

I copied a few hundred Pokemon from Box to a Twitch Fire Red save and it altered the PP of some of the final moves. I'm not sure if it's a Pokemon Box thing or something the tool does in general.

Huh... Apparently this is a bug with my program with all GBA games and Pokemon Box. It's probably been there since the beginning. Good catch.

Edit: FOUND IT. I was reading bit 46 instead of bit 6... -_-

trigger_death said:
Huh... Apparently this is a bug with my program with all GBA games and Pokemon Box. It's probably been there since the beginning. Good catch.

Edit: FOUND IT. I was reading bit 46 instead of bit 6... -_-

I was just going through each one of the status pages of every Pokemon to see if anything was off.

Did it modify the PP of all Pokemon that went through the tool? Will it fix them if you put them through the tool again?

Edited by HaxAras

I was just going through each one of the status pages of every Pokemon to see if anything was off.

Did it modify the PP of all Pokemon that went through the tool? Will it fix them if you put them through the tool again?

Any Pokemon that was transfered to any GameCube game including Pokemon Box (optionally and back to another game) would have been permenantly affected. Every other Pokemon wouldn't have saved the difference and it only would have been visual.

trigger_death said:
Any Pokemon that was transfered to any GameCube game including Pokemon Box (optionally and back to another game) would have been permenantly affected. Every other Pokemon wouldn't have saved the difference and it only would have been visual.

Well, that helps a lot. All the Pokemon Box saves I've been messing with have been copies. A few Pokemon came from Colosseum saves and a very small number may have made it to Colosseum and back so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Good thing we found that relatively early.

Edited by HaxAras

Well, that helps a lot. All the Pokemon Box saves I've been messing with have been copies. A few Pokemon came from Colosseum saves and a very small number may have made it to Colosseum and back so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Good thing we found that relatively early.

h1YFcUn.png

Yay or nay, and would you be against me hyperlinking you?

trigger_death said:
h1YFcUn.png

Yay or nay, and would you be against me hyperlinking you?

Hell yeah man! If you want to. That's cool as hell. With a lot of projects like this, there's not much of anything I can do to help because I can't really edit Rom data or program or any of that. I'm just glad to be able to help and being in a list of contributors/helpers is awesome!

Edited by HaxAras

You've no idea of my hype when I saw the Shiny icons haha !

Thank you so much ! This is an incredible work o/

Edit : found a more classic bug. I wanted to try with a save that was not working before. Forced the Emerald game, everything loads fine. Except THIS :

b5aaebf5eb.png

Not important I think, because it works so much better

Edit : Fix'd by moving pokemon, so there's no problem of course ! o/

Edit : found a more classic bug. I wanted to try with a save that was not working before. Forced the Emerald game, everything loads fine. Except THIS :

Those are called shadows. Their caused by some data being leftover after moving Pokemon that the game doesn't use to determine if it's there are not. If you have a backup of the save with those shadows still there I'd love to look at it to help remove them in the future.

Vladcik said:

b5aaebf5eb.png

One way you can either re-create them or delete them is using the A-save editor. They show up in that tool as well and can be easily deleted.

Edited by HaxAras

Vladcik said:
Oh sorry, I thought it was different from the Shadow i've seen few posts ago because of Pokemon Box !

FOR SURE, i've two saves with this problem :

[ATTACH]13375[/ATTACH]

French Emerald / Fire Red

Try them out now. I delted all the shadows of former Pokemon I seen in the PC so it should be clear now.

Edited by HaxAras

Oh thanks but i've already did that already ! I love hex editing save / roms so it was not really a problem for me, it's just to help with finding bugs. They're not even my own saves, i just download them in order to try the Trigger's PC before using my own saves.

Same, i've talked about a save without items, my bad, i deleted everything so it's logic xD

Edit : found out that more money in saves is about Action Replay. The save was at 999,999$ in game so.

Vladcik said:
it's just to help with finding bugs.

hahahaha Testing and bug hunting and tinkering with stuff until it breaks is my bread and butter. Usually I do it with videogames and the things I find never get used to fix anything so this is entirely new to me.

Edited by HaxAras

If it's fixed, it'd be quite awesome !

But I did a "bad" thing but I don't know even how : I was able to clone with Trigger's PC. I've wanted to check a Shiny on another game so I took the Nidoqueen Shiny from save 1 to the save 2, and played save 2 with Trigger's PC. I saw that the Shiny was not Shiny anymore in the game (emeraude+ once again) and so i closed the emulator and go back to Trigger's PC and i said "no" to reload saves. And tada. the Nidoqueen were in both games.

Vladcik said:
If it's fixed, it'd be quite awesome !

But I did a "bad" thing but I don't know even how : I was able to clone with Trigger's PC. I've wanted to check a Shiny on another game so I took the Nidoqueen Shiny from save 1 to the save 2, and played save 2 with Trigger's PC. I saw that the Shiny was not Shiny anymore in the game (emeraude+ once again) and so i closed the emulator and go back to Trigger's PC and i said "no" to reload saves. And tada. the Nidoqueen were in both games.

You can also just copy your save file to clone Pokemon if you're into that kind of thing.

For Ex. I loaded up the testers only versions of Triggers PC and loaded in a copy of my Spanish Ruby save so I could remove all the Pokemon. Then I just saved it and uploaded the empty (of Pokemon) save to another part of the forums. I just deleted the cloned save and re-opened the regular copy I've been using and my Pokemon were fine.

Edited by HaxAras

Yep I'm aware of this, but i've cloned with / because of trigger's PC in not a wanted way. I mean it was not something wanted, and if Trigger's PC wants to be legit at 100%, just want to tell that i was able to do a clone

Vladcik said:
Yep I'm aware of this, but i've cloned with / because of trigger's PC in not a wanted way. I mean it was not something wanted, and if Trigger's PC wants to be legit at 100%, just want to tell that i was able to do a clone

That always ends with being up to the user. You can clone by copying save files and save editors or Emerald version, etc. People who want to clone will always have a way. Cloning with Triggers tool just seems to be an unintentional accident and if you're against cloning, could easily release them.

Edit: I found another problem. Not with the tool but with the games themselves. I imported a False Swipe Swablu egg into a Fire Red save I'm working on. But every time it tries to evolve, it stops mid-evo. Just like Gloom and Golbat do every time you try to evolve them. Would it be possible to add an "Evolve" feature not only for trade and item Pokemon, but regular Pokemon that are currently able to evolve? At least for Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Edit 2: Something I've been wondering. Is the tool able to edit the trainer card? For legitimacy reasons, it would be nice to add +1 or +2 for trades to the trainer cards.

I remember reading in the first post that eventually, learning moves from items will be a thing. Does that include re-learning moves using Heart Scales? I'm playing a lot of my saves on VBA now because that speed up button is the best thing ever and I know gen 3 like the back of my hand. But I keep accidentally deleting moves.

Edit 3: I decided to change the Pokeballs of some Safari Zone Pokemon on my current Fire Red save using Triggers PC. Not gonan lie the "XXXX is in a rare ball, would you like to change it?" message gets annoying after a few times. Would be cool to turn it off. Another thing I found. The tool seems to auto select my Emerald save and isn't consuming the balls. It's been at 8 the entire time. I selected Fire Red once but I didn't check how many I had so I don't know it it consumed that one.

Edited by HaxAras

Thank you so much! This will save me a lot of time! ^_^ I'll have to translate it into WPF code since it doesn't play nice with Windows GDI but that should be easy. You'll also get your source code mentioned and linked in the credits window unless you'd prefer not to be there.

Edit: Looks like I'll also have to switch it out to work with the Gen 3 sprite instead.

I'm fine with it, as long as GatorShark gets a mention too (since I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without that documentation).

☑ Spinda Spot Drawing converted to WPF and Gen 3.

☑ Spinda Spot Drawing accurately and correctly placing spots.

☑ Credits for You and GatorShark added to the credits page.

Awesome it's all done thanks for the help. There's a very minuscule lag when clicking on the summary of a Spinda for it to draw the spots but I'm hoping it's negligible on all systems.

There's a very minuscule lag when clicking on the summary of a Spinda for it to draw the spots but I'm hoping it's negligible on all systems.

Hmm, I dunno about WPF, but I know there's no visible lag when drawing Spinda using my hacky LockBits approach in C#. Surely there's a way to do it quickly enough in WPF as well - but you've got the foundation, so at least you can set that aside for another day!

Hmm, I dunno about WPF, but I know there's no visible lag when drawing Spinda using my hacky LockBits approach in C#. Surely there's a way to do it quickly enough in WPF as well - but you've got the foundation, so at least you can set that aside for another day!

Don't worry, when I say minuscule lag I mean it's short enough that you wouldn't even notice it unless you were looking for it.