[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

trigger_death said:
HaxAras I have a vital mission for you. Pokemon Box saving works now! It reads from the memory card fine and doesn't report any problems however... I need to test to make sure the Pokemon are still safe in sound. If it's not too much trouble would you be willing to use the test version in the downloads section and follow the given instructions to see if everything works?

I found 3 problems so far.

WkjxSCt.png

I'm using a copy of my Colosseum save and trying to send the Pokemon directly to Box and they seem to vanish. At least, they're not appearing in the box that I send them to.

Edited by HaxAras

I dunno what could be causing it, but I can't get the program to even run. After double clicking the icon, Windows acts like it's loading it but no window pops up. Checking Task Manager, I see a process that Windows won't kill when I tell it to, forcing a restart. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if that helps.

It may be possible that you need to install the .NET Framework 4.5 if you don't have it. Just a guess but I'll see if I can figure anything else out.

trigger_death said:
It may be possible that you need to install the .NET Framework 4.5 if you don't have it. Just a guess but I'll see if I can figure anything else out.

I found out and just recorded a video showing it.

It's sending the Pokemon to Box, it's just sending them to the wrong boxes.

Edit: Video showing the Pokemon being placed into the wrong boxes.

[video=youtube;PsN5xtGmQXY]

Edited by HaxAras

I found out and just recorded a video showing it.

It's sending the Pokemon to Box, it's just sending them to the wrong boxes.

I know why it's sending Pokemon to the wrong box and can fix that. The blank wallpapers is because I didn't write code to support the extra Pokemon Box Wallpapers yet. I'll probably just replaced them with the simple theme until I can make replicas. As for the Invalid Pokemon what did you do before it happened?

trigger_death said:
I know why it's sending Pokemon to the wrong box and can fix that. The blank wallpapers is because I didn't write code to support the extra Pokemon Box Wallpapers yet. I'll probably just replaced them with the simple theme until I can make replicas. As for the Invalid Pokemon what did you do before it happened?

For the first time ever, I can say I didn't do anything and be telling the truth. Those Pokemon were just there when I loaded up the save.

I think I know what they are though. I've seen the same thing with the A-save editor. Pokemon that have been migrated leave behind those 'shadows' on your save. I was able to reverse-engineer some Pokemon that had been migrated from my Japanese Ruby before it was sold to me in 2012! I think if Pokemon Box saves Pokemon in the same way as the GBA games, it probably leaves some of the data behind after the game is saved. Until it's replaced I'm guessing.

Also, I edited in a video to my previous post in case you hadn't noticed.

What I'm going to do is this.

1: Save some Pokemon over the shadows and then move them away with your tool to see if they remain.

2: To test my theory. I'll remove a few Pokemon from the Box save and save it and then load it up in your too to see if shadows were created.

Edited by HaxAras

Got multiple versions of .NET Framework 4.5, so I dunno. I think most of these installed with Steam games.

For the first time ever, I can say I didn't do anything and be telling the truth. Those Pokemon were just there when I loaded up the save.

I think I know what they are though. I've seen the same thing with the A-save editor. Pokemon that have been migrated leave behind those 'shadows' on your save. I was able to reverse-engineer some Pokemon that had been migrated from my Japanese Ruby before it was sold to me in 2012! I think if Pokemon Box saves Pokemon in the same way as the GBA games, it probably leaves some of the data behind after the game is saved. Until it's replaced I'm guessing.

Also, I edited in a video to my previous post in case you hadn't noticed.

What I'm going to do is this.

1: Save some Pokemon over the shadows and then move them away with your tool to see if they remain.

2: To test my theory. I'll remove a few Pokemon from the Box save and save it and then load it up in your too to see if shadows were created.

What will happen: Replacing a shadow with any Pokemon will remove all traces of the shadow. Saving with the shadow Present will destroy all data about the shadow because my program turns the shadow into what it sees as an invalid Pokemon. And for making sure shadows don't pop up I'll try to do more heavy scrubbing to make sure a Pokemon is a shadow. Can you send me some saves with the shadows so I can test removing them? Also, that's the case for that other image at the top of this page right? Those were loaded there?

Edit: I should also make sure when my program finds an invalid Pokemon it keeps a copy of the data so it can be corrected and just presents it as a Bad Egg.

trigger_death said:
What will happen: Replacing a shadow with any Pokemon will remove all traces of the shadow. Saving with the shadow Present will destroy all data about the shadow because my program turns the shadow into what it sees as an invalid Pokemon. And for making sure shadows don't pop up I'll try to do more heavy scrubbing to make sure a Pokemon is a shadow. Can you send me some saves with the shadows so I can test removing them? Also, that's the case for that other image at the top of this page right? Those were loaded there?

Yeah, It was like that when I loaded the save. Good thing you're working on getting rid of those. The Pokemon didn't get saved and some bad eggs were created on Box. New video soon.

Edited by HaxAras

I'm looking at the data for the Pokemon Box save and I'm realizing it's a little more complicated than I thought and it just happens to be coincidence that it's loading well. Unfortunately I'm mentally drained today from all the work so I'll start looking into getting it working tomorrow and the day after that.

Got multiple versions of .NET Framework 4.5, so I dunno. I think most of these installed with Steam games.

I'm really sorry that I'm not sure what to do. All I can say is make sure your antivirus is playing nice and give installing .NET Framework 4.5 on your own a try. I'll see if I can dig up some other possibilities later.

trigger_death said:
I'm looking at the data for the Pokemon Box save and I'm realizing it's a little more complicated than I thought and it just happens to be coincidence that it's loading well. Unfortunately I'm mentally drained today from all the work so I'll start looking into getting it working tomorrow and the day after that.

Same here. I wasn't sure how much longer I could mess with this. I've been working on projects all morning and afternoon. Time for a break. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.

Edited by HaxAras

I'm really sorry that I'm not sure what to do. All I can say is make sure your antivirus is playing nice and give installing .NET Framework 4.5 on your own a try. I'll see if I can dig up some other possibilities later.

Antivirus was the problem! Disabled it and it loaded instantly. So I re-enabled it and added the Trigger's PC folder to the exclusions list. So what do I choose for Emerald saves?\

EDIT: Got an Unhandled Exception.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokedexViewer.RefreshUI()

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.LoadGame(Int32 gameIndex)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow.OnGameSelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.InvokeSelectionChanged(List`1 unselectedInfos, List`1 selectedInfos)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(ItemInfo info, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)

at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.NotifyComboBoxItemMouseUp(ComboBoxItem comboBoxItem)

at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBoxItem.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Okay. I'll be clear with that. You are my hero.

I'm an ADDICTIED Gen 3 player (Shiny Hunting / RNGing everything) they are from far my fav gens. And with that, you just put my creativity at an amazing level. Thank you SO MUCH FOR THAT. Supporting all the games that I love, wow this is amazing.

I'm downloading that RIGHT now, i have to test everything and help for any bug etc.

Just a little question. Is rom hacks are supported ? I'm not talking about huge rom hack etc (like randomizer / little improvements without editing everything)

Thanks o/

OMG i'm so hyped. Sorry for my poor english.

Same here. I wasn't sure how much longer I could mess with this. I've been working on projects all morning and afternoon. Time for a break. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.

Even thought it's tedious and time consuming for you it means a lot that you're helping out where you can. I wouldn't have gotten half of what I have now done without your help. :) But still definitely take a break. Trigger's PC has only been out for a week and it's still got a long life ahead. It can wait sometimes.

Antivirus was the problem! Disabled it and it loaded instantly. So I re-enabled it and added the Trigger's PC folder to the exclusions list. So what do I choose for Emerald saves?

I'll look into that bug tomorrow but I'm super pumped that you got it working. And I'm pretty relieved.

Okay. I'll be clear with that. You are my hero.

I'm an ADDICTIED Gen 3 player (Shiny Hunting / RNGing everything) they are from far my fav gens. And with that, you just put my creativity at an amazing level. Thank you SO MUCH FOR THAT. Supporting all the games that I love, wow this is amazing.

I'm downloading that RIGHT now, i have to test everything and help for any bug etc.

Just a little question. Is rom hacks are supported ? I'm not talking about huge rom hack etc (like randomizer / little improvements without editing everything)

Thanks o/

OMG i'm so hyped. Sorry for my poor english.

Definitely glad to see another fellow Gen 3 enthusiast. Even though Gen 3 wasn't my first. It's by far my favorite and my collection means everything to me even if it's not super impressive.

ROM Hacks are supported assuming the file structure is the same. Minor variation ROMs should work fine.. It depends entirely on the ROM, any ROM that doesn't work with it would have to be specifically implemented and I'm honestly not big on doing that sadly. :(

Oh yeah I understand. I've started to play on Pokémon Red. But I stayed on Fire Red because of Shiny. I've 100 Shiny (1/8192) and i spent so much amount of hours on these. I love RNGing, Shiny Hunting, Glitching, everything, i've so many saves. This is amazing, really I'm so hyped this is amazing. You're a lover of the 3rd Gen it's obvious ! and this is amazing.

It's really about small hacks (for exemple Shiny Rate Editing with asm like I edit, but work with any save editor etc so should work fine) the only thing i could see is about some hack with only 13 boxes. There's a French rom hack really awesome (Emeraude+, Emerald+ so) with many improvements in Emerald (a perfect Emerald, but still the same Emerald) and there's one box deleted... I don't know if this could cause issues. But this is not even important, the job already done is just crazy.

Edit : OH YEAH a important thing (for me at lest) would be different icon sprites for Shiny and Normal. I think i've the shiny sprites if you need them ? o/

OH YEAH a important thing (for me at lest) would be different icon sprites for Shiny and Normal. I think i've the shiny sprites if you need them ? o/

I've got all the sprites I need. There's plenty of resources out there to get the sprites and I actually manually dug into emerald to find some sprites that I couldn't find anywhere else. AKA: Every small decoration icon.

Also a heads up. If you're using a shiny rate ROM Hack it may not effect the shinyness of Pokemon outside of that game unless it makes sure the Personality value is more likely to be shiny. If it does not do that then your Pokemon may not be Shiny inside my tool or other legit games.

Oh okay, I just want to help in any way haha, but i'm not that good OTL ! If this could be done, it'd be just perfect for me.

And yep, but the asm editing that I did is not affected by that. A Shiny from this hack will not shown as a non-shiny (unlike the Shiny Rate editor from TSK), so i'm aware / okay with that, and just checked, it's working fine, it's perfect !

I'm gonna try with Emeraude+ just for fun o/ (i'll start to check everything tomorrow, 3AM here, so i've to make order in my folders before enjoying that)

Edit : Seems to work with Emeraude+, awesome o/ ! <3

This makes me wonder if it will work with Pokemon Blue Sea. I loved that terrible rom hack and I wish my Pokemon never got deleted.

What is the purpose of the key items/ Add to collection feature? I thought at first I could clone my fossils or send them to different games but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Could somebody please elaborate on this increased shiny rate rom?

Edited by HaxAras

What is the purpose of the key items/ Add to collection feature? I thought at first I could clone my fossils or send them to different games but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The purpose is to have a collection of every item in the game on Trigger's PC. (This also includes HMs and Battle CDs.) Since I sort of consider copying key items to not be a legit method, and I sort of don't see a point for it other than fossils, and even then there's not much point to trading fossils since you can always hatch one on the desired game. I decided not to implement sending them to other games. (Do FRLG Fossils even work on Emerald or wice versa). If there is a demand for trading key items I'll certainly consider adding it. On a separate note I've considered adding a feature to give both bikes to players on RSE since it's such a pain switch them. Maybe you can buy them in Trigger's PC for $1,000,000, hehe.

trigger_death said:
The purpose is to have a collection of every item in the game on Trigger's PC. (This also includes HMs and Battle CDs.) Since I sort of consider copying key items to not be a legit method, and I sort of don't see a point for it other than fossils, and even then there's not much point to trading fossils since you can always hatch one on the desired game. I decided not to implement sending them to other games. (Do FRLG Fossils even work on Emerald or wice versa). If there is a demand for trading key items I'll certainly consider adding it. On a separate note I've considered adding a feature to give both bikes to players on RSE since it's such a pain switch them. Maybe you can buy them in Trigger's PC for $1,000,000, hehe.

I've thought about hacking them in, in the past. I never used Action Replay for it in Emerald because it always messed up my items. I'd only see myself using it for fossils and if I really wanted to, I'd just use a save editor to 1 of each of the fossil Pokemon at the set level.

Edited by HaxAras

I'm back with some bugs / errors. Before reporting that, i've to say that i'm downloading an insane amount of saves in order to see what I can do later with my own saves and to find any bug. The two bugs that I'm posting right now are from saves found on Project Pokémon.

First, a not important one (only about GUI / visual stuff). I've downloaded THIS save : https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48726-Pokemon-Emerald-save-file-with-all-shiny-Pokemon

And there's a box wallpaper not supported by Trigger's PC :

8d3fa2ef85.png

7c4cf32a5c.png

Nothing important, but well.

An other one, more important. Sometimes, the save is not recognized by Trigger's PC : https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48285-Gen-III-My-Fire-Red-Save-File-(All-386-Shiny-Battle-Ready-Smogon-movesets-Events-etc-)

For exemple with this save, when I want to add it to Trigger's PC it asks me if it's a Ruby or Sapphire save :

e6680cd949.png

I've checked with playing, nothing changes (and ok the save is really cheated etc but i just want to check everything)

Thanks o/