[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

So what do I need to download when you update the program? As I said before, I've just been downloading the whole program and just copying over the mail, boxes and settings/manager files.

When you download the new version just output all the files in the same directory as before and overwrite everything it asks you to.

Edit: I actually do have some questions about Pokemon Box. More about the gameplay.

1) Can you rename boxes?

2) Can you change the box wallpapers? If not I would really like to know what each wallpaper is for each box.

Edit 2: Would you prefer support for saving Pokemon Box that made the save unusable in the Pokemon Box game but works anywhere else that doesn't check checksums? I can make it optional but I'm wondering if people won't like the idea of a program making a save unusable.

Edit 3: Actually it would be helpful if you told me the names and wallpapers for each box in order.

Edited by trigger_death

I'll make a video showing them later. You can re-name the boxes. I don't think you can change the wallpaper. I'll check when I boot up the game. I have a lot of Pokemon. I can show some of them but it would take a really, really long time to show data for all of them.

I definitely want to be able to continue using Pokemon Box. I look at Box as permanent storage so I'm using your tool to organize and eventually putting all my Pokemon on various Box saves for permanent storage.

Edited by HaxAras

I'll make a video showing them later. You can re-name the boxes. I don't think you can change the wallpaper. I'll check when I boot up the game. I have a lot of Pokemon. I can show some of them but it would take a really, really long time to show data for all of them.

I definitely want to be able to continue using Pokemon Box. I look at Box as permanent storage so I'm using your tool to organize and eventually putting all my Pokemon on various Box saves for permanent storage.

In that case. Pokemon Box saving is a definite goal. :)

I only need the box names and you can change wallpapers I found out. Since I can view the pokemon I don't need them anymore.

Edit: Also I asked this earlier but can you explain in more detail the "bad egg" thing on your game? Did it happen in French Ruby?

trigger_death said:
In that case. Pokemon Box saving is a definite goal. :)

I only need the box names and you can change wallpapers I found out. Since I can view the pokemon I don't need them anymore.

Edit: Also I asked this earlier but can you explain in more detail the "bad egg" thing on your game? Did it happen in French Ruby?

Some of the Pokemon (Not all for sure) that I would item evolve or change the nicknames of. After I'd save the game and boot the game back up, they'd appear as bad eggs. If I'd open the save in A-save editor and just edit their settings. Literally just right click, edit, save changes and then save the file, they'd be fine again. It happened on the French Ruby save I was working on at the time as well as the Leaf Green I was working on.

More of a note for people. I keep my Emerald save on my SD card most of the time right now. When I pull the SD card and put it back into my R4, the program crashes at startup. But it's fine when I put the SD card back in.

Edited by HaxAras

More of a note for people. I keep my Emerald save on my SD card most of the time right now. When I pull the SD card and put it back into my R4, the program crashes at startup. But it's fine when I put the SD card back in.

That may be because the same letter drive is not referenced each time the program looks for the save. I'll see if there's anything I can do about that.

trigger_death said:
That may be because the same letter drive is not referenced each time the program looks for the save. I'll see if there's anything I can do about that.

Maybe a note alerting you that one of the saves was moved/removed might be useful. But now that I know, I've been more careful about it. I'm also uploading a video showing my Pokemon Box save and a decent number of my Pokemon.

Edited by HaxAras

Maybe a note alerting you that one of the saves was moved/removed might be useful. But now that I know, I've been more careful about it. I'm also uploading a video showing my Pokemon Box save and a decent number of my Pokemon.

Also that crash has been fixed. The currently version actually does try to remove it but it crashes because of the message box telling you it removed it. That's fixed in the latest version which I'll post soon.

Some of the Pokemon (Not all for sure) that I would item evolve or change the nicknames of. After I'd save the game and boot the game back up, they'd appear as bad eggs. If I'd open the save in A-save editor and just edit their settings. Literally just right click, edit, save changes and then save the file, they'd be fine again. It happened on the French Ruby save I was working on at the time as well as the Leaf Green I was working on.

Fixed the Bad Egg issue. It was a pretty silly mistake. It will come packed with the next version which I'll try to get out today. Sadly Pokemon Box still won't have saving yet since I'm having a really hard time figuring out how the checksums are calculated.

trigger_death said:
Fixed the Bad Egg issue. It was a pretty silly mistake. It will come packed with the next version which I'll try to get out today. Sadly Pokemon Box still won't have saving yet since I'm having a really hard time figuring out how the checksums are calculated.

Seriously, good luck with that. All that goes far over what I'll ever be capable of.

[video=youtube;Xt0fku_k8jY]

I didn't show everything because that would take forever but I tried to give a general idea.

Edited by HaxAras

trigger_death said:
Thanks for the help. Also v1.1.2.0 is up, lemme know if there are still issues with it.

"File Download Blocked

The file you attempted to download has been previously claimed by a copyright holder through a valid DMCA request and cannot be downloaded.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."

Edited by HaxAras

"File Download Blocked

The file you attempted to download has been previously claimed by a copyright holder through a valid DMCA request and cannot be downloaded.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."

Turns out I forgot to shove Trigger's PC into the zip file. Apparently a standard empty zip file is copyrighted. Anyway it should work now.

trigger_death said:
Turns out I forgot to shove Trigger's PC into the zip file. Apparently a standard empty zip file is copyrighted. Anyway it should work now.

I was going to edit this in before I got an email that you replied.

Edit: One hopefully small request.

When using the "Send all To PC" function, would it be possible for the program to ask which box to dump Pokemon in, instead of the nearest empty one? Currently I have a few boxes set aside for my current xD: Gale of Darkness run.

sOm8hu7.png}

Let me know if these requests get annoying. I just like making requests and suggestions that I think might improve something and just allow the other people I'm working with to decide what's best.

Edited by HaxAras

I was going to edit this in before I got an email that you replied.

Edit: One hopefully small request.

When using the "Send all To PC" function, would it be possible for the program to ask which box to dump Pokemon in, instead of the nearest empty one? Currently I have a few boxes set aside for my current xD: Gale of Darkness run.

Let me know if these requests get annoying. I just like making requests and suggestions that I think might improve something and just allow the other people I'm working with to decide what's best.

Sounds like an excellent idea. And that's nonsense, I love any and all requests. ^_^

trigger_death said:
Sounds like an excellent idea. And that's nonsense, I love any and all requests. ^_^

You not only saved me a ton of time I would have spent identifying Pokemon Box saves, but I just discovered the holy grail of gen 3 event Pokemon (For me anyway, one of them.) 2 1/2 boxes of PCNY Pokemon stored in an old Pokemon Box save I downloaded from somewhere!

Edited by HaxAras

Getting a error with the latest version:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
  at PokemonManager.Items.ItemDatabase.Initialize()
  at PokemonManager.PokeManager.Initialize(PokeManagerWindow managerWindow)
  at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow..ctor()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
  at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
  at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
  at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
  at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Getting a error with the latest version:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
  at PokemonManager.Items.ItemDatabase.Initialize()
  at PokemonManager.PokeManager.Initialize(PokeManagerWindow managerWindow)
  at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow..ctor()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
  at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
  at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
  at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
  at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Strange... Is ItemDatabase.db in the same folder as your executable? I've tried downloading the zip and it runs fine. If it is there just try redownloading it.

Edit: What version of Windows are you running? Just curious.

Strange... Is ItemDatabase.db in the same folder as your exectable? I've tried downloading the zip and it runs fine. If it is there just try redownloading it.

Hmm bug is on my end I am using Q-Dir as for folder viewing/browsing and that somehow gives the error. Under Windows Explorer it works fine.

Previous version did work under Q-Dir.

Strange. I can't think of any changes that would have changed if it worked or not. Sorry about that. :\

Well it's fine I just did some testing and it's a bug with Q-Dir itself somehow I even retried to download the previous ones and they didn't work anymore as well. I will just use windows explorer.

(Using Windows 10)

I dunno what could be causing it, but I can't get the program to even run. After double clicking the icon, Windows acts like it's loading it but no window pops up. Checking Task Manager, I see a process that Windows won't kill when I tell it to, forcing a restart. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if that helps.

Invader TAK said:
I dunno what could be causing it, but I can't get the program to even run. After double clicking the icon, Windows acts like it's loading it but no window pops up. Checking Task Manager, I see a process that Windows won't kill when I tell it to, forcing a restart. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit if that helps.

I was having that same problem. I think I had to delete and re-download the program. If you've already used it, I suggest just saving anything in the "gen 3" folder.

vRUereG.png

I think I found a spelling error with the Quiet nature (Unless it's spelled differently around the world)

Another change that I think would be amazing.

When you highlight all Pokemon and click send to: if it would keep the Pokemon in the same box positions they were in before. When making a living dex and transferring Pokemon between games, it would save a lot of time not having to re-organize them.

Edited by HaxAras

You not only saved me a ton of time I would have spent identifying Pokemon Box saves, but I just discovered the holy grail of gen 3 event Pokemon (For me anyway, one of them.) 2 1/2 boxes of PCNY Pokemon stored in an old Pokemon Box save I downloaded from somewhere!

HaxAras I have a vital mission for you. Pokemon Box saving works now! It reads from the memory card fine and doesn't report any problems however... I need to test to make sure the Pokemon are still safe in sound. If it's not too much trouble would you be willing to use the test version in the downloads section and follow the given instructions to see if everything works?