[Gen 3] Trigger's PC (Legit-Use Everything-Bank and Save Manager Tool)

I've discovered a new problem. The app seems to be working for the most part. But item evolution isn't working for me. The app crashes every time I try it.

At what point does it crash? When you click the Item Evolve Button or after selecting the item, or some time during the evolution scene?

Also may I ask what version of Windows you're using?

http://i.imgur.com/mCnYjq6.png

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PokemonManager.Windows.EvolutionItemWindow.OnPocketSelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.InvokeSelectionChanged(List`1 unselectedInfos, List`1 selectedInfos)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(ItemInfo info, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnSelectedIndexChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)

at PokemonManager.Windows.EvolutionItemWindow..ctor(IPokemon pokemon, UInt16[] validItemIDs)

at PokemonManager.Windows.EvolutionItemWindow.ShowDialog(Window owner, IPokemon pokemon, UInt16[] validItemIDs)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokemonViewer.OnEvolveClicked(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Edited by HaxAras

Problem fixed and will be patched in the next update. At the moment it's caused by not having any games added so just add a game to get around it for now.

Also HaxAras I have a request. I'm doing the mailbox now and I'd like to have your saves with the in game mail in it. I want to figure out if I can determine what some unknown values in the mail structure mean.

Yeah, I agree. One of the things I always hated about Fire Red/Leaf Green and the older Pokemon games in general. Were the limitations on what Pokemon you could use while you beat the story. For me, it makes almost the entire Johto dex worthless. By the time I get access to them, I've already cleared the game and there aren't any more trainers to fight using them. It should be left up to the individual person. If you don't want Pokemon on your cart that the games won't allow, then just don't put them there.

Haha yeah, and it was a massive pain when you wanted to restart your game, because you would trade all your important Pokémon over to another game, and you couldn't trade them back until after the Elite Four.

Glad Diamond/Pearl got rid of that limitation and that it never came back afterwards.

They should just have had the National Dex unlocked the same way as it is in R/S.

Ammako said:
Haha yeah, and it was a massive pain when you wanted to restart your game, because you would trade all your important Pokémon over to another game, and you couldn't trade them back until after the Elite Four.

Glad Diamond/Pearl got rid of that limitation and that it never came back afterwards.

They should just have had the National Dex unlocked the same way as it is in R/S.

Originally Pokemon Box was a lifesaver for me. I use it all the time but having to catch 100 Pokemon for every single new playthroguh of gen 3 is tedious as all hell. I also end up with hundreds of un-wanted junk Pokemon I need to get rid of. I thought originally that Box would allow me to not have to trade anymore. I also think I said before, it's so annoying when you're playing through FR/LG and stuck with gen 1 Pokemon. I've played through Red/Blue and FR so many times. I'm tired of the gen 1 Pokemon. I've used most of the gen 1 & 3 Pokemon. It's so awesome that I can now inject gen 2 Pokemon into my save.

I ended up buying this fan game based on Fire Red called Pokemon Blue Sea's and it was more fun than the actual Fire Red because I could catch any gen 1-3 Pokemon in the wild and it seemed random.

trigger_death said:
Problem fixed and will be patched in the next update. At the moment it's caused by not having any games added so just add a game to get around it for now.

Also HaxAras I have a request. I'm doing the mailbox now and I'd like to have your saves with the in game mail in it. I want to figure out if I can determine what some unknown values in the mail structure mean.

Alright.

digiex.net/attachments/downloads/download-center-2-0/nintendo-game-boy-content-gb-gbc-gba/save-games/14723d1463335654-pokemon-gen3-legit-ticket-events-save-backup-restoring-methods-pokemon-emerald-tickets-save-j-.zip

This save has the Japanese Emerald mail as well as a few others in the PC. I can get another save later.

Also, thanks for letting me know what the problem was. The main save I've been using for the tool and my personal use is a Fire Red save. It's a perfect go-between for my FR/LG carts and my Emerald. The problem is, it's not always the same as the save on my R4 or cart. So I always have to strip it of anything valuable and then copy the other version over and replace the empty one.

This tool has allowed me to merge so many old saves of mine, that I've been able to get rid of them. Mostly my Pokeblocks. Why keep somebody elses Spanish Colosseum save forever when I can just strip it of Pokemon and then save them for later? No need for an old Emerald save that has perfect Pokeblocks when I can just store them in your tool. Mixing records to get legit Regi dolls into my saves? Not anymore! etc.

Edited by HaxAras

Doesn't look like I even have the option to delete posts on my own thread. No worries though everyone makes mistakes.

Also I didn't realize you were using the Japanese mail. That will add an extra layer of challenge to the mix. But I guess I can try and support Japanese mail as well.

trigger_death said:
Doesn't look like I even have the option to delete posts on my own thread. No worries though everyone makes mistakes.

Also I didn't realize you were using the Japanese mail. That will add an extra layer of challenge to the mix. But I guess I can try and support Japanese mail as well.

Oddly enough, it shouldn't be too difficult. The game seems to automatically translate everything but the trainer name. It does a poor job but it seems to correct itself when you send it back to a Japanese game.

Edited by HaxAras

Oddly enough, it shouldn't be too difficult. The game seems to automatically translate everything but the trainer name. It does a poor job but it seems to correct itself when you send it back to a Japanese game.

Yup. The EasyChat system used for mail apparently has the exact same codes basically translated no matter what language. I'll probably add a setting for mail stored on Trigger's PC to read it in Japanese. As for actually writing the messages in Japanese. I could attempt doing the same method for the English EasyChat messages which was a text dump of a certain region of the file. But I'd need to know the translation for the first word in the location where EasyChat is stored so I can find it. The other setback is I don't have any way to read all the Pokemon and Move names without excessive data entry. I'll try seeing if their stored consistantly in the file as well.

trigger_death said:
Yup. The EasyChat system used for mail apparently has the exact same codes basically translated no matter what language. I'll probably add a setting for mail stored on Trigger's PC to read it in Japanese. As for actually writing the messages in Japanese. I could attempt doing the same method for the English EasyChat messages which was a text dump of a certain region of the file. But I'd need to know the translation for the first word in the location where EasyChat is stored so I can find it. The other setback is I don't have any way to read all the Pokemon and Move names without excessive data entry. I'll try seeing if their stored consistantly in the file as well.

You're always going above and beyond hahahahah. I just personally would like a way to move mail between games without trading. I tried saving my Pokemon using A-save but when I load them up, the mail is a Zigzagoon print and is completely corrupt. I remembered trouble even connecting to Pokemon Box before I deleted one and it was really difficult to delete.

Edited by HaxAras

You're always going above and beyond hahahahah. I just personally would like a way to move mail between games without trading. I tried saving my Pokemon using A-save but when I load them up, the mail is a Zigzagoon print and is completely corrupt. I remembered trouble even connecting to Pokemon Box before I deleted one and it was really difficult to delete.

Thanks I try. ^_^ This is officially my favorite project I've ever worked on. I keep adding features because I don't ever want it to end. (That and xD support is still a must).

trigger_death said:
Thanks I try. ^_^ This is officially my favorite project I've ever worked on. I keep adding features because I don't ever want it to end. (That and xD support is still a must).

It's great when a project you're working on is a labor of love. It makes it so much more enjoyable. xD: support will also be very much appreciated from my end. I'm trying to get all of the Colosseum/XD Pokemon completely UT.

Edited by HaxAras

It's great when a project you're working on is a labor of love. It makes it so much more enjoyable. xD: support will also be very much appreciated from my end. I'm trying to get all of the Colosseum/XD Pokemon completely UT.

xD Support is here! Rejoice! And I've fixed all the bugs (I think) from yesterday's release.

trigger_death said:
xD Support is here! Rejoice! And I've fixed all the bugs (I think) from yesterday's release.

What were the bugs? I was messing with a French Ruby save today and found a few (I think) myself.

Typical Gen 3, when I item evolved my Skitty and Clampearl, they kept their previous names like it was a nickname.

I changed the ball of a couple Poktmon as well and every one that I evolved or changed the ball of, became some kind of egg. I'm not sure if they were bad eggs because I would never in a trillion years, learn French. But I was able to un-check the egg option in A-save to fix them.

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Owner property to a Window that has not been shown previously.

at System.Windows.Window.set_Owner(Window value)

at PokemonManager.Windows.TriggerMessageBox.Show(Window window, String message, String title, MessageBoxButton buttons)

at PokemonManager.PokeManager.LoadPokeManager()

at PokemonManager.PokeManager.Initialize(PokeManagerWindow managerWindow)

at PokemonManager.Windows.PokeManagerWindow..ctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)

at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Edited by HaxAras

What were the bugs? I was messing with a French Ruby save today and found a few (I think) myself.

Typical Gen 3, when I item evolved my Skitty and Clampearl, they kept their previous names like it was a nickname.

I changed the ball of a couple Poktmon as well and every one that I evolved or changed the ball of, became some kind of egg. I'm not sure if they were bad eggs because I would never in a trillion years, learn French. But I was able to un-check the egg option in A-save to fix them.

I'll have to look into that. At the moment I'm attempting Pokemon Box. I'm really crossing my fingers that the encryption is the same since it was released a few months apart from Colosseum but I'm not too hopeful since it wasn't developed by the same company. I shall post my results later.

trigger_death said:
I'll have to look into that. At the moment I'm attempting Pokemon Box. I'm really crossing my fingers that the encryption is the same since it was released a few months apart from Colosseum but I'm not too hopeful since it wasn't developed by the same company. I shall post my results later.

Alright, awesome! That would be so wonderful. I have maybe 3 full boxes left on Pokemon Box and 21 currently occupied in your tool.

I just item evolved another one of my Huntail and I actually encountered the same glitch as before. It was named Clampearl for some reason.

Edited by HaxAras

That's expected. When pokemon don't have a nickname their nickname variable is physically stored as their species name. I just forgot to increment that. The exception in the Spoiler earlier. Did that happen on startup? If so I know why. And the Pokemon that became eggs? What game was this in?

Also bad news. Looks like the encryption's not the same And it is encrypted. So I'm not sure if there's anything I can phsycally do to read Pokemon Box. I really gotta praise the guy who made PkmGCSaveEditor since I don't think there's ANY save documentation anywhere on the GameCube game save formats.

trigger_death said:
That's expected. When pokemon don't have a nickname their nickname variable is physically stored as their species name. I just forgot to increment that. The exception in the Spoiler earlier. Did that happen on startup? If so I know why. And the Pokemon that became eggs? What game was this in?

Also bad news. Looks like the encryption's not the same And it is encrypted. So I'm not sure if there's anything I can phsycally do to read Pokemon Box. I really gotta praise the guy who made PkmGCSaveEditor since I don't think there's ANY save documentation anywhere on the GameCube game save formats.

Are you saying there's a GameCube save editor out there somewhere? I've been messing with A-save and the Colosseum/XD save editors a lot lately. I save and import Pokemon between the programs. If I could do the same with Box.

Yeah, I've had several of those start-up problems. I've just been re-downloading the program and copying over the boxes files and the files that store my items and now, main. And while I'm at it. I'll like to say, you have my eternal gratitude! I'm just getting started with in-game trade mail and I found out my Emerald save was full.

1wjmlhd.png

I think I'm just going to get roms of every GBA language before I buy the actual carts just so I can finish this in-game trade/mail project. I have English and French in-game trades and mail for Ruby/Sapphire. I never knew just how much of an undertaking this would be.

Edited by HaxAras

Are you saying there's a GameCube save editor out there somewhere? I've been messing with A-save and the Colosseum/XD save editors a lot lately. I save and import Pokemon between the programs. If I could do the same with Box.

Nah when I say anything GameCube I usually refer to Colosseum and xD for the context of Trigger's PC.

AND GOOD NEW EVERYONE!

9NCqOu5.png

I found ALL of your Pokemon's Personalities all in order, 4 times in the entire size of the file, which of course would be mathematically impossible otherwise. Turns out Pokemon Box ISN'T encrypted, at least in the normal sense. I managed to find it in Little Endian instead of Big Endian which I tried last night and I turned off the decryption code I was testing from Colosseum.

Edit 2: Better news. Pokemon are stored in the standard gen 3 pkm format that's used for all GBA games! :D

Yeah, I've had several of those start-up problems. I've just been re-downloading the program and copying over the boxes files and the files that store my items and now, main.

Try just deleting your settings file. That should fix that issue whenever it comes up. And I'll make a fix for it.

Also checkout the Pokedex tab. I think you'll like that I implemented Living Pokedex features and I'll probably implement Living Move Dex features if that's a thing too. Also the Oak's Opinion has "Living Pokedex" response assuming that's the case. I assume you have to have all Unown forms so that's required for the rating. I'm gonna look through your Pokemon Box save and record the information of various Pokemon and then see if I can track them down in the save.

Edit 3: Apprently you need a GBA game connected just to browse. Well that's never gonna happen on Dolphin. Hey HaxAras I have another request... I'll need a screenshot of every box and I'll need some information about select pokemon in each box recorded. For example: Species, Nickname (If applicable), Level, And Moves (in order, left to right, top to bottom). That information should be enough to spot each pokemon and determine the box structure. Also the screenshot you posted earlier of what was in your box was either out of date or more up to date than in the save, I spotted a Lv100 Snorlax with tackle, a couple ghastly, and ALOT of Metagross in English and Japanese.

Edit 4: Actually I could have been looking through one of the previous saves. So that may be why. Since I found your Pokemon's PID's 3 times I'm assuming there's 3 save slots. (The file structure works like this. Every time a new save is made the save slot with the lowest save count is overwritten)

Edit 5: Can I ask you if you have a pair of clones of your Contest Pokemon in your Pokemon Box save? If so that would explain a lot and it would mean there's only 2 save slots which would help tremendously.

Edit 6: I'VE DONE IT! I CAN READ EVERY POKEMON IN POKEMON BOX! Apparently the entire structure is EXTREMELY similar to how the GBA Pokemon save files are structured.

Edited by trigger_death

trigger_death said:
Nah when I say anything GameCube I usually refer to Colosseum and xD for the context of Trigger's PC.

AND GOOD NEW EVERYONE!

9NCqOu5.png

I found ALL of your Pokemon's Personalities all in order, 4 times in the entire size of the file, which of course would be mathematically impossible otherwise. Turns out Pokemon Box ISN'T encrypted, at least in the normal sense. I managed to find it in Little Endian instead of Big Endian which I tried last night and I turned off the decryption code I was testing from Colosseum.

Edit 2: Better news. Pokemon are stored in the standard gen 3 pkm format that's used for all GBA games! :D

Try just deleting your settings file. That should fix that issue whenever it comes up. And I'll make a fix for it.

Also checkout the Pokedex tab. I think you'll like that I implemented Living Pokedex features and I'll probably implement Living Move Dex features if that's a thing too. Also the Oak's Opinion has "Living Pokedex" response assuming that's the case. I assume you have to have all Unown forms so that's required for the rating. I'm gonna look through your Pokemon Box save and record the information of various Pokemon and then see if I can track them down in the save.

Edit 3: Apprently you need a GBA game connected just to browse. Well that's never gonna happen on Dolphin. Hey HaxAras I have another request... I'll need a screenshot of every box and I'll need some information about select pokemon in each box recorded. For example: Species, Nickname (If applicable), Level, And Moves (in order, left to right, top to bottom). That information should be enough to spot each pokemon and determine the box structure. Also the screenshot you posted earlier of what was in your box was either out of date or more up to date than in the save, I spotted a Lv100 Snorlax with tackle, a couple ghastly, and ALOT of Metagross in English and Japanese.

Edit 4: Actually I could have been looking through one of the previous saves. So that may be why. Since I found your Pokemon's PID's 3 times I'm assuming there's 3 save slots. (The file structure works like this. Every time a new save is made the save slot with the lowest save count is overwritten)

Edit 5: Can I ask you if you have a pair of clones of your Contest Pokemon in your Pokemon Box save? If so that would explain a lot and it would mean there's only 2 save slots which would help tremendously.

Edit 6: I'VE DONE IT! I CAN READ EVERY POKEMON IN POKEMON BOX! Apparently the entire structure is EXTREMELY similar to how the GBA Pokemon save files are structured.

Well, I had to work but it looks like you've figured it out. Do you still need screenshots or info from me?

Edited by HaxAras

trigger_death said:
Nope. I'm all good. I'm writing the game save classes to support Pokemon Box in Trigger's PC now. :D Saving most likely won't be a thing for awhile until I can get Pokemon Box to work on Dolphin.

Even if it doesn't save Pokemon Box, that should be fine for me. It was Colosseum that didn't save at first right? Even if I can just rip Pokemon from my Box save and basically clone them to put them on your tool, that would be exponentially helpful to me. I could easily just dump my Pokemon box save onto an empty GBA save or make a new GameCube save if the tool can't save to box anyway.

Edited by HaxAras

Even if it doesn't save Pokemon Box, that should be fine for me. It was Colosseum that didn't save at first right? Even if I can just rip Pokemon from my Box save and basically clone them to put them on your tool, that would be exponentially helpful to me. I could easily just dump my Pokemon box save onto an empty GBA save or make a new GameCube save if the tool can't save to box anyway.

I'll definitely look into saving in the future. I have VERY high hopes that the checksums are calculated the exact same way as in the GBA games which would mean all of the work is basically done for me. It still comes down to being able to test if it works afterwards.

trigger_death said:
I'll definitely look into saving in the future. I have VERY high hopes that the checksums are calculated the exact same way as in the GBA games which would mean all of the work is basically done for me. It still comes down to being able to test if it works afterwards.

So what do I need to download when you update the program? As I said before, I've just been downloading the whole program and just copying over the mail, boxes and settings/manager files.

Edited by HaxAras