Rhydon Save Editor (new Pokemon RBY Save Editor)

SciresM

If you edit the nickname/OT, the 00 bytes will go away (and the mew will become illegitimate).

If you don't touch the textboxes, the 00 bytes will be preserved.

that's pretty dang awesome, though it'll be tough to identify which is or isn't a glitched Mew, if my PC becomes overcrowded with Mews ><

As far as I can see, everything is working well.

Btw, do you intend to implement the Pikachu catch rate issue as per mentioned above by the other poster?

I can't see how it is possible to different a RBG Pikachu from a Yellow Pikachu..

Btw, do you intend to implement the Pikachu catch rate issue as per mentioned above by the other poster?

I can't see how it is possible to different a RBG Pikachu from a Yellow Pikachu..

Yeah...I'd be happy to implement it, but I can't think of any sane way to differentiate them?

Yeah...I'd be happy to implement it, but I can't think of any sane way to differentiate them?

What about doing a check to see if the Pikachu had either catch rate, if so maintain, else generate default RBY catch rate?

As of now, there's no trading with Gen II, so no reason for the catch rate to catch (no removal of Gen II items)

What I don't understand is why is the editor even changing catch rate? Shouldn't it just respect what the pokemon has unless intentionally being edited?

Maybe I don't correctly understand the problem?

I believe it corrects the catch rate because..

the catch rate is data that is typically tied to the species and doesn't change under normal circumstances,

so it restores the catch rate to maintain legality?

(example, if the user traded with a gen II and removed the item, and eventually backed up the save from a cart)

Catch rate shouldn't change unless item was removed in Gen II (but Gen II doesn't exist for VC).

The few exceptions, that are from Pokemon Yellow:

1. Pikachu

2. Kadabra (caught wild, not evolved)

3. Dragonair (caught wild, not evolved)

4. Dragonite (caught wild, but cannot exist)

So, this is because we are expecting some kind of check when gen1-7 conversion is a thing?

In any case, if the user uses it with a gen 2 game and catch rate changes is user-end.

I think a propper solution might be to add a box that shows catch rate and allows to edit it, with a "set as default" button next to it to "fix" gen 1-7 conversion. This button might prompt for yellow/rgb catch rate for the 4 exceptions.

And maybe also a button to "fix" all catch rates in the save.

But since pokebank doesn't allow items, the chances it is used as legality check are pretty low imho.

So, this is because we are expecting some kind of check when gen1-7 conversion is a thing?

In any case, if the user uses it with a gen 2 game and catch rate changes is user-end.

What I said, pure speculation.

But seems like a possible reason.

add a box that shows catch rate and allows to edit it, with a "set as default" button next to it to "fix" gen 1-7 conversion. This button might prompt for yellow/rgb catch rate for the 4 exceptions.

And maybe also a button to "fix" all catch rates in the save.

While having those features does sound good, "catch rate" does confuse a lot of users.

Since there are no reasons to need to change it (as there is no Gen II),

It was probably thought that auto-correction is the best way to go.

And since normally Pokebank doesn't import items,

and there is a way to trade with gen II,

catch rate is frankly inconsequential,

and auto correction to keep it legal does seem to be the best sort of action.

But since pokebank doesn't allow items, the chances it is used as legality check are pretty low imho.

Pokebank not allowing items doesn't mean it can't check the bytes to see it the file is valid,

before conversion.

On the first version of Pokebank, hackers set a byte in their Gen V pokemon file,

so that their pokemon get imported will obtain the Blue Pentagon,

since then, pokebank blocked any pokemon with that byte,

even though they could simply remove that byte from said pokemon.

And by using said example,

they could easily block a Pokemon with the incorrect catch rate,

rather than import it without an item.

Frankly, it is hard to predict what Pokebank will ban,

but given that there is not much to check in terms of legality,

Catch rate seems like the only thing to check.

• 1 month later...

Really sorry to bother you again but I was wondering, is this project finished? PKHeX is expanding the gens it can edit in the nightly builds and it may include support for editing Gen 1 and 2 in the future. It got me curious as to what's going on behind the scenes and if this great program will be updated again. I'm sorry, I'm just concerned that nothing has happened in nearly two months. You're likely busy or something and that's fine, but I'm anxious.

Really sorry to bother you again but I was wondering, is this project finished? PKHeX is expanding the gens it can edit in the nightly builds and it may include support for editing Gen 1 and 2 in the future. It got me curious as to what's going on behind the scenes and if this great program will be updated again. I'm sorry, I'm just concerned that nothing has happened in nearly two months. You're likely busy or something and that's fine, but I'm anxious.

I mean I'm not opposed to updating it, but I'm also not really sure what there is to add? I'm pretty satisfied with Rhydon.

Behind the scenes, PKHeX may or may not get Gen I/II support, but I'd bet against it.

Hey I'm new to everything I downloaded your program and got it running okay, and don't make fun of me for this but I have no idea what a pokemon save looks like so i looked at like every file on my 3ds sd card and have no idea which one is the save file, can you walk me through on what to do

• 3 weeks later...
I mean I'm not opposed to updating it, but I'm also not really sure what there is to add? I'm pretty satisfied with Rhydon.

Behind the scenes, PKHeX may or may not get Gen I/II support, but I'd bet against it.

Is it possible to add an item organizator? Organize items in-game is boring and slow, maybe a tool for move up and down, drag and drop, or organize by type, like TM in order.

• 9 months later...
On 5/22/2017 at 11:40 PM, PikachuFan said:

I used this on my 3DS Pokemon Yellow and now Pikachu doesn't follow behind me anymore. Any help?

Pikachu should follow you, if Pikachu OT/TID matches your save's OT/TID.

Also, PKHeX now has Gen 1 support, try editing there, see if there's any difference.

(I'm not sure if its due to catch rate change or anything..)

• 3 months later...

Can we get PAL (Europe, Australia and New Zealand) support pretty please? I'm assuming that's why it's not reading my file.

Weirdly enough, Pikasav recognises the file and allows me to edit it... but it's not a good program imo.

JKSM converts VC R/B/Y into .dat files

Anyways, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Whilst I couldn't edit my save file, I was still able to launch the program and it looks very good :)

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2016 at 12:09 AM, SciresM said:

Rhydon_1.png

This is a new save editor for Pokemon RBY, loaning its design (and a lot of its internals) from PKHeX.

Open or drag/drop a Gen I save file or a .pk1 Pokemon file, edit, then export the sav/pk1.

Currently (as far as I know) only supports US save files, from game cartidges, emulators, or the 3DS VC re-releases. If someone can link me to documentation of the JP save offsets, I'd be happy to add support for JP games.

Using the original RBY-style sprites can be toggled from the options menu.

Source Code is available here: https://github.com/SciresM/Rhydon

And you can download it here: https://github.com/SciresM/Rhydon/releases

More images:

Reveal hidden contents

Rhydon_.png

Rhydon_3.png

Rhydon_4.png

Thank you so much for this editor. Nice work!

• 4 years later...