V 9.4-21U and going online

rawr123

So I want my 3DS(V 9.4-21U) that I use for ram2sav, able to be used online, is there anyway to and still be able to use browser exploit? I know there is httpwn, but that requires 9.6 and I wouldn't be able to use browser exploit.

I also have another 3DS(10.7.0-32U). Not sure if there are any ways to ram edit with homebrew.

All this research gives me a headache:S, so any help would be appreciated! (The main goal is to play online with PKM oras and be able to inject a pkmn or savefile in to the game.)

:editted:

Edited by rawr123

First, I will ask, why do you need ram2sav specifically?

Just for the ease of editting, instead of taking SD card out every time I need to gen something. And by ram2sav I mean ANY way of injecting the ramsav or pkm in to the game.

Where does it say that httpwn requires 9.6?

I can see something about 9.6 being the minimum firmware version for using the eShop, which could prevent you from getting online if you don't have the latest updates installed for Pokémon. But that's just in one random reddit post, I couldn't find anything about that elsewhere.

But the github page says, "When using HANS-eShop on a very old system-version such as 9.6.0-X, eShop-app may display an error the first time. Returning to hbmenu then running HANS-eShop again fixes this issue caused(?) by friends-service. You'll have to repeat this every time you boot into *hax payloads for using HANS-eShop."

Edit: the github page didn't specifically say in these words that it only supports 9.6+, but it does say "Currently this is hard-coded for HTTP-sysmodule v13318. This is the latest sysmodule version as of 10.7.0-X, last updated with 9.6.0-X. It's unknown if/when auto-locating for the required sysmodule addresses would be implemented for supporting more versions." which pretty much means it only supports 9.6-10.7

If I were in your situation, I would downgrade to 9.2, which would allow you to get CFW. Then you can do this to regain online and eShop access, while still being on lower firmware and being able to use ram2sav.

You don't actually -need- do be on 9.2 with CFW, you can do this straight from your clean 9.4.0-21 system, but I think that being on 9.2 w/ CFW offers many more advantages so it could be worth it. That being said, risks of bricking are higher if you downgrade, but it shouldn't brick if you know what you're doing.

Wait, am I missing something, or ram2sav requires you to take out the SD card already anyway?

Snip

Sorry, you do take it out with ram2sav, I was thinking of QR codes. Basically the same thing, just QR codes are used for smaller tasks, like injecting 1 pokemon at a time.

And awesome, I'll check that out, looks like my solution :grog:

Thanks for the help!

Which, to me, is kind of ironic, given that PKHeX does everything it possibly can to point out every little illegal detail on their Pokémon so that the user can fix it (and make them useable online.)

Plus, people make threads to ask about how to fix things that PKHeX points out as illegal, and they are helped. Why would they need everything on their Pokémon to be legal if not for using them online?

I know that it used to be that it was against the Projectpokemon rules, but this was years ago, and when I started browsing the forums again a few months ago, I would see threads from people asking how to properly create Pokémon so that they would be able to go online, and they were just being helped. Never saw someone have their thread get locked and be told that it was against the rules, so I just assumed that it was no longer frowned upon here.

There is the announcement, but it says that using them to trade and battle over Wi-Fi with people who are aware that you used save editors is considered to be acceptable, so I guess unless there are good reasons to believe that the person intends on cheating in tournaments or on Wi-Fi random battles, it wouldn't be against the rules. But still, PKHeX in itself greatly facilitates cheating for tournaments or random battles. At least PokéGen required the user to know their stuff and to do their own research if they wanted to make a Pokémon that would pass the online legality checks. :P