Gen I - V Event Contributions Thread

theSLAYER

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/12/2017 at 8:30 AM, Guest said:

This was once contributed by @fallvacation. Im not sure if its the real WC or not, but someone maybe can verify the legitimacy.

Im uploading the file like i downloaded it when it was available:

136 Movie 2013 Genesect KOR [PPorg].pgf 204 B · 758 downloads

Although this is from a long time ago, I checked how the wonder card was being pulled. Because the card was connected to the wonder card id and there was no written message anywhere I could find, just a title, it was likely that it was legitimate. But, just to be sure I tested to see if the main message changed languages if put into another game. Since there is no message set in the real event, (the game, depending on the region, responds to the id in a different way so the card can be put into different languages) if it changed, it really was pulling the card from the code and not from a message someone set. And, lo and behold, I popped it into a Japanese rom (same file as before) and the title remained in Korean, but the main message did change to Japanese! Meaning that this is practically guaranteed to be legitimate!

Edited by Sakisoap

My long response to @Sakisoap
(in the spoiler below)

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Sakisoap said:

Because the card was connected to the wonder card id and there was no written message anywhere I could find, just a title, it was likely that it was legitimate.

No written message? What written message were you trying to find?

As in a custom receiving text?

and, lo and behold, I popped it into a Japanese rom (same file as before) and the title remained in Korean, but the main message did change to Japanese! Meaning that this is practically guaranteed to be legitimate!

That's just how the games works, and not a sign of legitimacy.

The message is just a byte, and the game displays the message based on the current game's language, based on that byte.

There is no "custom message", at least in this gen.
So it all works this way. Even if one were to make a fake wonder card. Just need to assign a value to that address. It is not that hard...

Here's a list of receiving texts that would change language based on the byte.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Wonder_Cards_in_Generation_V

[Also, frankly, due to your apparent lack of knowledge regarding wonder cards, it'll be nice if you don't give sweeping statements, such as claiming the legitimacy (or lack thereof) of stuff]

The byte in question:
image.png

and what that data governs:
image.png

(https://projectpokemon.org/home/docs/gen-5/5th-generation-wondercard-map-r2/

and the type of message you'll see for the value in the data (the value is 0x00)
image.png

Final thoughts: Anyway, please don't respond to this thread any further, unless you have a wonder card or event file to contribute. This is not a thread for Q&A nor discussion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just managed to dump my save with submodule's gb01 cartridge reader. It contains my childhood Mew.

I'd gotten 2 Mews for my Blue and Yellow German Versions in Bremen, Germany in 2000 or so (whenever that was) It was the official distibution event with the mew machines etc. Unfortunately I transferred my Blue Version Mew to my silver one, which died a while ago 😞. However the yellow one lasted, and I transferred the Mew to a battery swapped Blue version and finally to Stadium 2 while waiting for the cartridge reader. It arrived today, and here's the save.

It's OT is HAMBURG

ID: 00230

Unfortunately it's Level is 100 for I used it as a kid in my team.

DSC_0903_1.JPG

DSC_0339.JPG

mew emulator.png

Pokémon Gelbe Edition Special Pikachu Edition Mew.sav

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(First post, apologies if I'm doing something wrong)

I picked up a JP Pokémon Blue back in 2006 in the basement of a Mandarake, but it already had a save on it so I kind of just kept it for the collection.

Flash forward to today, I'm doing a Gen 1 JP replay so I decided to figure out if it was worth overwriting the save. Seems not - it has a Spaceworld '97 Mew (OT ドンキー, TID 24640) in the party!

Can anyone verify the legitimacy of this Mew? I can provide the full .sav if needed.

(There are 4 more with the same TID and IVs in the boxes, so I think the original owner cloned it with a glitch. The upshot of this, though, is that they kept one of them pristine at level 5 with no EVs.)

WRpZMk1.jpg

iW9s934.jpg

151 - ミュウ - B6BE.pk1

• Like 4

@Kanhir that would be an interesting find if it were confirmed to be real.
Thing is, it is hard to confirm if it were real or not, simply because Gen 1 and 2 don't really hold much data in their files. The player could have easily used the Trainer Fly Glitch (with the correct nickname and OT), and some kind of ACE abuse to manipulate the IVs and any other details they want, to get such a Mew, and we would be none the wiser.

Which Mandarake branch did you get this from? Also sure, upload the save, maybe there is some other data we could use to check.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a Pokemon Yellow cartridge with the original battery still holding a save. The save has what appears to be a LINKE Mew in the party (though it's not untouched). Seller says it was from a Pokemon Stadium Tour back in the day, which seemingly jives with the LINKW Mews info here as well as some old Azure Heights forum posts I found. I've just dumped the save and am attaching it here. Is there any way to verify if it's an authentic Mew?

POKEMON YELLOW_2021.10.12-13.24.38 LINKE MEW - Copy.sav

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hi friends, I'm looking for this bidoof of event , which is not in none of this ... Bidoof Level 1(pokeball) 

OT: だいすき
ID: 17336
Lonely Nature.
Date of Receiving
Day-Care Couple. Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 1
Tackle

DescriptionTypeLocation

Pokémon Daisuki Club PartyIn-LifeJapan

Start Date End Date
21 February 2008 21 February 2008
Games Available Diamond, Pearl

35 minutes ago, pkmnMikey said:

Hi friends, I'm looking for this bidoof of event , which is not in none of this ... Bidoof Level 1(pokeball) 

Lonely Nature.
Date of Receiving
Tackle

DescriptionTypeLocation

Start Date End Date

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_traded_event_Pokémon_distributions_(Generation_IV)#Bidoof

It is a traded event. Given the nature of the event, there isn't a wonder card for it (as it was never publicly obtained).

And any files you may find online for it is probably created by users.

Also, this is a contribution thread, not a request thread.

• 1 month later...

Hello, first post, I just signed up to share this actually.

I have a Pokemon Blue since I was a kid and the save still holds. I managed to dump it, so here's the deal.

I am from Greece and my save contains a Mew inside it which I know for a fact that it came from a sharing event that was taking place at local toy stores at that time. I have no tangible proof for this, other than my word, but I can guarantee that the save is not tampered with (it's my original cart save, no 2nd hand purchase) and I know the kid that traded it to me had taken it from the event the days prior, because my parents would not take me there myself.

Moveset is like this because I had given it to a kid with Silver in order to teach it the moves, since I only had Blue myself. Blizzard, thunder, fireblast was all the rage at my elementary school's meta :D

Sharing it in any case, this is a piece of data straight from 1999-2000 :D

OT: GREECE

TID: 21587

151 - MEW - 3268.pk1

1490216488_Screenshotfrom2022-08-1504-18-14.png.30ca782060bcc008695255231f072f3e.png1240701689_Screenshotfrom2022-08-1504-17-10.png.e7fdedfdf7ad5d0087669fe83155c1e6.png1046624700_Screenshotfrom2022-08-1504-16-40.png.9c60d596404a1f07a7047c44aa1dcfd2.png

Fun fact: When I started playing the game, I was a dumb kid and did not know that you had to save the game in order to keep your progress; the only games I had played until then were super mario and kirby. So, after playing for hours the 1st day I got the game, having just beaten Misty, when for whatever reason I had to stop playing (probably was told to, hahah) I just turned the GB off. When I turned it on again and realised it had started from the beginning, I gave it to my sister to ask her why (since she was 4 years older and knew (better) english), and it's at that time that she started playing the game as well, and named the character MOUSA (Greek for "muse") and that's how the player name came to be. I have no idea what I had named the character during those first few hours.

EDIT: The cart in question, I had put so much time on this as a kid, 200 hours, I think it shows 😅

image.png.018ee0b44c83ec8bdb8cf589ae25a123.png

Edited by mitchk
  • Like 5

Someone has/had a YOSHIRA Pikachu from Nintendo Power.

CxiXV2AWQAAwBEZ.jpg

This is just pure speculation, but look how the IVs match with the distribution Mew.

An example from a Pikachu raised from LV 5 to LV 24, with Mew IVs, the stats result are very close to the original photo, just by a few points of difference:

image.png.76f722eec8f61578dad51654eec3dba5.pngimage.png.fa7744bc5162032ea4f9da4696761b66.png

I suppose this Pikachu was made with the same Special/Mew Distribution Machine, they just changed the Pokémon, nicknamed it to PIKCHU and give them the moveset.

Edited by TotalTS
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ajxpk said:

Wow... another Surfing "PIKCHU"... if it's real then maybe this could be real too...

That proves my theory of the IVs to be false, but that perfectly explains the Defense to be so elevated from 1. (Also for some reason the Defense EVs are very high)

Also by looking at both contributions, we can tell that probably the 1000 YOSHIRA "PIKCHU"s were distributed between 4000-6000 Trainer IDs.

• 5 months later...

Dug up my old Red and Crystal saves and made sure to backup these event Pokemon.
These are from events in Sweden back in the day. Mailed in the GB carts and hoped they'd come back lol.

No certificate for Celebi can be found sadly.

e5FyMb1.jpg

Mew
TID: 219
OT: SWEDEN

Celebi
TID: 40992
OT: FRANCO

151 - MEW - E475.pk1 251 - CELEBI - AE6B.pk2

Edited by Cellsplitter
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, pkmnMikey said:

Lonely Nature.
Date of Receiving
Tackle

DescriptionTypeLocation

Start Date End Date

there you are bro. Add by pkhex to your save file

DP - だいすき Bidoof (JPN).pk4

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WavyDers3 said:

POKEMON_SAPP_AXPJ00.sav 128 kB · 0 downloads

Hello, I bought a Japanese Saphire off eBay and found this 2005 event mew as level 85. pkhex marks it as illegal but I am wondering if anyone can look at the save file and confirm if it is legit or legal.  image.png.a5236993d75b5a99c1a3c7fb94994ca5.png

Hadou Mew, that’s interesting. Any Japanese titans on it?

@Sabresite if you may ><