Gen I - V Event Contributions Thread

theSLAYER

Hello:

This is a save game I have after I participated in the Spanish 2000s Pokemon Championship in July 2000. The save has 2 Mews: the original L5 Mew I received from the Nintendo staff during the tournament (It's been almost 20 years but I think i traded through N64 Pokemon Stadium) and a second Mew from Australia. I got a save game in a Australian Pokemon forum back then, uploaded it to my friend's Pokemon Red and traded it to my own game. I used the Australian Mew to play the game so it's at level 100, EV trained and has custom moves. I wished I had kept it in pristine condition but it was my favorite pokemon back then. The Spanish Mew was legitimately traded but you'd have to take my word on that, they didn't give us any certificate.

The save game is for the Spanish version of Pokemon Yellow, it won't work on the English version.

Regards,

Pokemye.sav

• Like 7

On 1/31/2020 at 5:46 PM, Sabresite said:

I assume the Pokemon has the same DVs as all of the other Mew?

I have a save file with 2 Mews, one from an Australia event and the one I got in Spain. Both Mews have the same IV but different trainer name and Id.

Australia: HP 5, Atk 10, Def 1, SpC 5, Spe 12, TID 20824, OT NAL (level 100, EV trained: 383 288 270 278 292).

Spain: HP 5, Atk 10, Def 1, SpC 5, Spe 12, TID 01495, OT EUROPE (level 5, no trained: 25, 16, 15, 15, 16).

I got the one from Australia around April-May 2000 and the Spanish one in July 2000. My assumption is that every Mew from that time had the same stats, it would be much of a coincidence that the version in Australia and the version in Spain had the same. I haven't check other posts on this forum but I would bet the UK and Danish versions are the same.

• Like 3

On 3/28/2020 at 2:51 AM, Sabresite said:

This one looks hacked... Nicknamed, 0 catch rate.

It was on pokémon stadium 2 and gen 2. 0 catch rate due to item used/removed, nicknamed due to a "bug"(?) in stadium 2 (and I think stadium 1, but I have yet to test it) not reading the full name, but stopping at the first 0x50 terminator. When pokemon comes back to the GB cartridge data present alredy in the box/party gets "added" to the remaining characters. This doesn't happen with OT.

EDIT: also, YaniM told me that the mew had been in stadium 2 and gold before I even asked about it. When trasnfered to gen 2 mew holds a bitter berry. The mew was used and brought up to level 100, being confused at some point is very likely (and thus the item being consumed).

Edited by suloku
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I was reviewing the GEN 1 and GEN 2 event database, but I do not see the STADIUM 1 or 2 Pokémon. Are they not considered Events? We are currently playing through STADIUM 1 and 2 so if you do not have them and want them I can collect them as we play through.

2 hours ago, jimmiejoe said:

I was reviewing the GEN 1 and GEN 2 event database, but I do not see the STADIUM 1 or 2 Pokémon. Are they not considered Events? We are currently playing through STADIUM 1 and 2 so if you do not have them and want them I can collect them as we play through.

ACCORDING TO BULBAPEDIA THEY ARE EVENTS.

I would be very grateful if you could do that, thank you

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_European_language_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_I

This is the link of Gen 1 Events (European Languages) that Bulbapedia Have information on. and they are there.

PS: Sorry For My English

Here is Stadium 1 Round 1 Charmander and Hitmonlee. I used PKHex to extract it from the Yellow sav. Need to beat the Elite 4 and Rival six more times to get the rest of Round 1 pokemon, then can work on Round 2 pokemon, followed by getting all 151 pokemon in to the Hall of Fame to get Psyduck.

004 - CHARMANDER - C7CA.pk1 106 - HITMONLEE - 3C5F.pk1

Edited by jimmiejoe

16 hours ago, jimmiejoe said:

I remember uploading all of them besides Hitmonchan to this thread if you want them. 

Looks like most of the Pokémon in PokeJ post are in an .fla format. PkHex does not seem to recognize the .fla format.

I have gotten 20+ Pokémon registered in the Hall of Frame just 130 more to get the Amnesia Psyduck. I have just a few more of the Round 1 Pokémon to get. I am getting multiple Hitmonlee Pokémon. Will upload the Round 1 that I have tomorrow.

Edited by jimmiejoe

Just went to move the pokemon from the Stadium Cart to the Yellow cart and got a transfer error in the middle of saving. after I restarted the console the box with the Stadium pokemon is completely empty on both the Stadium cart and the Yellow cart. Looks like all of my work was deleted.

11 hours ago, jimmiejoe said:

Looks like most of the Pokémon in PokeJ post are in an .fla format. PkHex does not seem to recognize the .fla format.

Are you sure you extracted the folder correctly because I just downloaded it and they all are in the correct format.

Correct.png.65a1f5e50a2a521052b98051ef2bca5e.png

1 hour ago, jimmiejoe said:

Just went to move the pokemon from the Stadium Cart to the Yellow cart and got a transfer error in the middle of saving. after I restarted the console the box with the Stadium pokemon is completely empty on both the Stadium cart and the Yellow cart. Looks like all of my work was deleted.

I feel you its a known glitch in the game.  It happened to me once while getting these ones and it once corrupted my entire save when I was a kid.

10 hours ago, TotalTS said:

With all the leaks happening recently, here's the official Mew Trading App which was used for distributing the GF Mew:

Video was removed by uploader, so I'm removing the link.

Also someone dumped the save and I looked at it: it looks like they hacked (GF) in the Mew.
No Mew in Pokédex (lol).

Also the information pieced together previously was right: the Restore Point reverts back to Mew already in party,
so all Mews done this way (JP and EU) are clones.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Also someone dumped the save and I looked at it: it looks like they hacked in the Mew.
No Mew in Pokédex (lol).

Also the information pieced together previously was right: the Restore Point reverts back to Mew already in party,
so all Mews done this way (JP and EU) are clones.

Odd discovery about the dumped save file: The rival of GF in EU version it's just called BLUE. Somehow I was expecting SONY or something like that.

That also means that there's no GF Shiny Mews.

19 minutes ago, TotalTS said:

Odd discovery about the dumped save file: The rival of GF in EU version it's just called BLUE. Somehow I was expecting SONY or something like that.

They probably just went with the default options on the menu. (After all, the EU version is Red and Blue).

Yeah, given that we knew these were clones, there no shiny VC Mew.
(of course, ACE + DVs changes can get a shiny through transporter, but it won't be legal, given we know the only 2 distributions for Mew on VC cannot be shiny)

On 4/28/2020 at 12:40 PM, TotalTS said:

This is something I discovered before, the original default name that was selected for the Player is RED.
In the Japanese games every name has a length of 6 bytes, while the English games are a little bit inconsistent, a named Player/Rival has a length of 7 bytes, default names and the Pokémon names have a length of 11 bytes. So in the English games when you select RED as your name the game copies this as your Player name:

91 84 83 50 60 6B 67 50 89 80 82 
R  E  D     A  S  H     J  A  C

When we look at the Mew Trading App Restore Point the name was overwitten with 7 bytes, same as if the Player was ingame named:

86 85 00 00 00 00 00 50 89 80 82
G  F                    J  A  C 

Edit:
I believed they used some kind of debug version, but it rather looks like they made an memory edit/patched it.
The 7 byte thing is suspicious, but the naming function automatically sets a terminator (0x50) after the last selected char.
Char 0x00 is NUL and not accessible in a normal ingame scenario, all chars are taken from a table and 0x00 is not in it.
Also I think Mew wasn't generated by ingame functions, since that would set the bit for the PokéDex entry.
Not sure what happened to Charmander, maybe it was overwritten in the process?

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:43 PM, ryuko2002 said:

Hello:

This is a save game I have after I participated in the Spanish 2000s Pokemon Championship in July 2000. The save has 2 Mews: the original L5 Mew I received from the Nintendo staff during the tournament (It's been almost 20 years but I think i traded through N64 Pokemon Stadium) and a second Mew from Australia. I got a save game in a Australian Pokemon forum back then, uploaded it to my friend's Pokemon Red and traded it to my own game. I used the Australian Mew to play the game so it's at level 100, EV trained and has custom moves. I wished I had kept it in pristine condition but it was my favorite pokemon back then. The Spanish Mew was legitimately traded but you'd have to take my word on that, they didn't give us any certificate.

The save game is for the Spanish version of Pokemon Yellow, it won't work on the English version.

Regards,

Pokemye.sav 32 kB · 34 downloads

Could someone please add this savefile to the Event Gallery? It's the only NAL Mew we have.

Also YamiM's contribution of DENMARK Mew haven't been added.

Edited by TotalTS