Mentor Feedback

Greencat

Which option do you find more ideal?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you find more ideal?

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Different Idea (Please Post)
    • Other (Please Post)

For Project Pokémon, we will like to introduce "Mentors". Mentors will be those who are well educated with the current, competitive battling metagame and are also very well at making competitive teams. Currently, however, we are unsure of which way to go with this. These are the options:

1. A separate forum-category is set up for open discussion between those needing help and all Mentors.

2. Users are assigned a single Mentor.

And in addition to either of these options, Shoddy Battle will also be used as a form of communication and teaching.

Please provide us your feedback, vote in the poll above, and if you'd be willing to try out being a Mentor. Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, the Competitive Battling forum and the RMT sub-forum isn't all that active, and Shoddy battle chat is little more than "lol!/cool logd00der".

I don't see why there can't be one mega-thread discussion for assigning mentors/mentees, and any one-on-one conversation can be done via PM or off-site.

Would you not need a forum so that mentors and those seeking help could even begin to communicate? I feel as though Option 1 is better so that many people are adding their ideas and teachings to one person. It would also help the other users for reference and questions can be answered simply by looking at the forum.

Now I am interested how you will decide who is allowed a position as a mentor and who is not, although with a forum it would allow for anyone to be a mentor. As I think of it... The forum idea just seems easier.

Edited by PokeDaemon

Option one is better, as it allows us ALL to communicate with one person who needs help. Also, as pointed out by previous posts, if someone is unavailable, it would be problematic. I'm not THAT into the whole mentoring program, as it will help us... Smogonify, as well as create problems such as which members are mentors, and such.

Ok, this one's from the shoddy server itself.

We can start a new forum, known as Mentoring. One way we can do that is expanding Competitive Battling

to a category instead of a Forum itself. Inside this forum are different threads, one for each mentor. If you want to learn a specific style, tier, pokemon, type, or whatever, you find a mentor who has that listed in his thread as something he can teach. If noone teaches it, ask around.

Advantages:

More Personal, more time to work, more efficient, no unavaileability problems

Disadvantages: picking the mentors.

Personally, I think you should apply to be a mentor, get a badge as a mentor if selected, and everyone, you as well, shoiuld decide each speicality according to specific strengths and weaknessess.

Ok, this one's from the shoddy server itself.

We can start a new forum, known as Mentoring. One way we can do that is expanding Competitive Battling

to a category instead of a Forum itself. Inside this forum are different threads, one for each mentor. If you want to learn a specific style, tier, pokemon, type, or whatever, you find a mentor who has that listed in his thread as something he can teach. If noone teaches it, ask around.

Advantages:

More Personal, more time to work, more efficient, no unavaileability problems

Disadvantages: picking the mentors.

Personally, I think you should apply to be a mentor, get a badge as a mentor if selected, and everyone, you as well, shoiuld decide each speicality according to specific strengths and weaknessess.

I agree I agree. They should be able to list what they would like to do as far as there team goes. The mentors try to fit what they are looking for. On shoddy, the mentors and the members go about making the team(s). Then they test it on the mentor. If there are any flaws, they'll asess it. I think thats it. I'll add more if I think of anything.

I suggest that the 2 options are implemented. For one thing the people that do not have shoddy require a forum section to obtain various information regarding it. And get a ''Mentor'' to help them. And the forum section is needed to increase the number of members that have joined shoddy. I learned about it from here so i probably am not the only one...

So i suggest the two to be used.

To make it frantic.... yeah ... sure, It adds confusion to where the person is supposed to be and in shoddy how will this work .... Pms ... where people take minutes to reply due to the distraction that is the main.

One or the other you actually could do both but it makes both parties do a lot more than they should.

PS 100th post Woot

I went for the first option. Its gonna be easier for all of the members to view the articles and guides written by the mentors if they are on the forums. If everyone is given a separate mentor, the availability problem will always be there, they may have work to do and cant make it to the server. There would definitely not be as many mentors as there are members in need so the second option is pretty much impossible........unless not many users actually WANT one. Having a forum section for everyone to see and also as a general guide would be more convenient for everyone.

Of course we could include both these options cause if someone needed 1 on 1 mentoring then they should get it.

Id be happy to be a mentor. To make things a bit easier...... Im great at making balanced teams and some unexpected stall teams. I believe Shogun Ryu would be the best to teach about the offensive style of teams because i know hes really good at that. We could write the articles with some more feedback from the admins and mods. If needed we could help people out separately. The team raters should also be doing their part in writing detailed articles about the different styles of teams. We could discuss it out amongst ourselves and decide.

• 4 months later...