JK's Save Manager main file auto-detecting

Wanderer1391

So... I would like to be able to auto-detect a main file from the folder used by JK's Save Manager, a homebrew replacement for Save Data Filer. So would it be possible to have PKHeX be able to do this?

JK's Save Manager stores its saves in the JKSV folder on the SD Card.

The github for the program can be found here:

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM

While the gbatemp thread for the program can be found here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

Can't do it without knowing the location of where JKSM puts the save files; if multiple copies/games are stored then how would the latest one be detected, etc.

That is a problem I hadn't considered. JKSM places save files in SD:/JKSV/Saves/[Title]/[slot Dir]

Maybe by using JKSM's own date system? When exporting a save you can press the R button to name the folder with the date that it was exported. An example is: SD:/JKSV/Saves/Pokémon_Omega_Ruby\20160408@2139

Or would that be too hard to program?

Nevermind ^, implemented in latest commit.

Let me know if it works; after which I'll post the latest compile to the main thread.

(it opens the Saves folder, scans deep for all files inside that are called "main", and then filters on file size, and picks the most recent file saved timestamp)

Unfortunately after compiling and testing with both Omega Ruby and X separately to avoid a conflict, it wouldn't auto-detect either of them. I also tested with Save Data Filer and that still works however. I'm wondering if it could be the filters on file size as Omega Ruby's main file is 472 KB (483,328 bytes) but clicking on the properties of the file mentions that its Size on Disk is 480 KB (491,520 bytes). X's file size is 405 KB (415,232 bytes) but its Size on Disk is 416 KB (425,984 bytes). I could be wrong however as I'm not sure if the file size filters were already there or not with Save Data Filer. Or for that matter if this is the actual problem.

I'm not sure on the most recent file saved timestamp as I don't know what that looks for.

Unfortunately after compiling and testing with both Omega Ruby and X separately to avoid a conflict, it wouldn't auto-detect either of them. I also tested with Save Data Filer and that still works however. I'm wondering if it could be the filters on file size as Omega Ruby's main file is 472 KB (483,328 bytes) but clicking on the properties of the file mentions that its Size on Disk is 480 KB (491,520 bytes). X's file size is 405 KB (415,232 bytes) but its Size on Disk is 416 KB (425,984 bytes). I could be wrong however as I'm not sure if the file size filters were already there or not with Save Data Filer. Or for that matter if this is the actual problem.

I'm not sure on the most recent file saved timestamp as I don't know what that looks for.

Can you send me a zip of your /Saves/ folder (and all the contents within) so I can test the detection code? A private message is fine.

Size on disk doesn't matter :)