Pokemon Colosseum/XD Randomiser Tool (OSX)

Just now, StarsMmd said:

I work with the swift programming language which is currently mac only and I've been working on the code for years so there's quite a lot and it will take a while to port it to another language that I'm not as familiar with. My plan is to at least get tools out for mac first so there is at least an option and then once that's out I can work on making something multiplatform. I return to university next week though and won't have much free time so it potentially be at least year.

Its alright. Thnx alot for your hard work and good luck at university!

Hey! I was hoping you could create 3 more patches with just randomized pokemon (not moves) and no trade evo's. I already used the other ones you made and I can't do it myself as I'm windows. Many thanks :) 

Edited by Roginald9

27 minutes ago, Roginald9 said:

Hey! I was hoping you could create 3 more patches with just randomized pokemon (not moves) and no trade evo's. I already used the other ones you made and I can't do it myself as I'm windows. Many thanks :) 

Actually doing even more research I heard theres a pokemon masoleum hack? That looks absolutely perfect but I cant find where to download it anywhere. Possible to give me help?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I was wondering if you could release the source code of your randomization tool. I'd like to make a somewhat specific custom version of Colosseum for a friend, and having code that handles Colosseum's internal file formats for Pokémon and Trainers would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

On 12/9/2017 at 12:20 AM, Admiral Curtiss said:

Hello!

I was wondering if you could release the source code of your randomization tool. I'd like to make a somewhat specific custom version of Colosseum for a friend, and having code that handles Colosseum's internal file formats for Pokémon and Trainers would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

I will aim to get that uploaded tomorrow :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2018 at 4:17 PM, Admiral Curtiss said:

It's been a while; did you run into any issues?

Sorry life happened. I'll get everything sorted out soon.

On 10/01/2018 at 4:25 PM, Grip55 said:

Just wondering... can you make the tool for windows, instead of making the randomized .UPS yourself? Since I find using the randomizer tool just as fun as playing randomized games.

Unfortunately that is beyond my current ability. I'll look into over the summer holidays but it'll be a lot of work so won't be any time soon :)

On 15/04/2018 at 4:32 PM, FerozElMejor said:

Can you compile the randomizer please (and the XD one too), I don't know how to do it, and I really want to use it.

I would really apreciate it!

I'm not sure what you mean :)

On 22/04/2018 at 10:27 PM, aaaaaa123456789 said:

Hey, someone linked me to this topic.

Would you be able to release the source code (perhaps in a github repository or something like that)? I understand that you don't have the time to port the tool to other OSes yourself, but I know a few people who might be willing to.

Thanks!

I was planning to release it a while back but I just needed to clean up a few things first. Ended up being swamped with other commitments however I'll get back to it soon. I hope your people are still interested :-)

On 2-5-2018 at 6:15 PM, StarsMmd said:

Sorry life happened. I'll get everything sorted out soon.

Unfortunately that is beyond my current ability. I'll look into over the summer holidays but it'll be a lot of work so won't be any time soon :)

I'm not sure what you mean :)

I was planning to release it a while back but I just needed to clean up a few things first. Ended up being swamped with other commitments however I'll get back to it soon. I hope your people are still interested :-)

Hey I am glad to see you back again XD. I wanted to ask if you could make some pokemon xd gale of darkness randomized patches for me since I dont have a mac osx to randomize myself. I only want trainers randomized and the shadow pokemon randomized and if its possible, I would also like it if the pokespots are randomized. Thanks in advance!:D

Edited by ThePokeChamp2002

On 04/05/2018 at 3:55 PM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

Hey I am glad to see you back again XD. I wanted to ask if you could make some pokemon xd gale of darkness randomized patches for me since I dont have a mac osx to randomize myself. I only want trainers randomized and the shadow pokemon randomized and if its possible, I would also like it if the pokespots are randomized. Thanks in advance!:D

here you go :-)

Hey stars. I was wondering if you were able to make a Pokemon XD rando for me. I would like starters, shadow pokemon, pokespots, and moves randomized. Types are the same, evolutions are the randomized (trade evos off), and make the eeveelutions shadow pokemon as well. And maybe a few legendaries would be nice. thanks ;)

Edited by twitchchibi

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I don't know if you still are willing to work on this at all as it it over 2 years old at this point. However,  I see that you are still active on the forums and I was wondering if you were willing to add an option of letting the user choose the starting pokemon. I made like 10 files and most of the had pokemon like zubat that make you not want to play that file, the only one that had starters I liked was soft-locked by 2 weezings that self-destructed so you couldn't win the first fight :P If you aren't it is understandable.

23 hours ago, 15987632 said:

Sorry, I don't know if you still are willing to work on this at all as it it over 2 years old at this point. However,  I see that you are still active on the forums and I was wondering if you were willing to add an option of letting the user choose the starting pokemon. I made like 10 files and most of the had pokemon like zubat that make you not want to play that file, the only one that had starters I liked was soft-locked by 2 weezings that self-destructed so you couldn't win the first fight :P If you aren't it is understandable.

You can use colosseum tool to make any changes you like. After randomising, you can copy the folders from the randomiser folder to the colosseum tool folder and then edit them that way. I think I'll add the randomiser option directly in Colosseum Tool though. It will make things much easier and shouldn't take long.

18 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

You can use colosseum tool to make any changes you like. After randomising, you can copy the folders from the randomiser folder to the colosseum tool folder and then edit them that way. I think I'll add the randomiser option directly in Colosseum Tool though. It will make things much easier and shouldn't take long.

When I use this tool to compile the iso the game softlocks itself by putting the beginning part in a loop. Video for reference https://streamable.com/00cuk

On 8/20/2018 at 1:22 PM, 15987632 said:

Also when I tried loading in a save file that was progressed further in the game I noticed that every fight got skipped like this.

I have now uploaded a new version of the tool which shouldn't have that issue. The file common.rel in the common folder is corrupted so you'll need to copy it again from the randomiser folder. If you don't have a copy then you can fix the file using this program. 

Colosseum Fix.zip

Place the file "battle_fix.bin" in the Colosseum-Tool folder and then run the colosseum fix program. You can delete both files once you're done. ?

32 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

I have now uploaded a new version of the tool which shouldn't have that issue. The file common.rel in the common folder is corrupted so you'll need to copy it again from the randomiser folder. If you don't have a copy then you can fix the file using this program. 

Colosseum Fix.zip

Place the file "battle_fix.bin" in the Colosseum-Tool folder and then run the colosseum fix program. You can delete both files once you're done. ?

I haven't tested it significantly but I just compiled the one I had already in the program and it worked fine after running the fix, thank you. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Recently was able to get a mac os and so I've been trying to figure out how to get the randomizer working. It seems like it does everything well but somehow every single move that isn't a shadow move ends up with 0 base power or something. It doesn't specify they have that power, but all the moves have done 5 damage at most (that 5 damage was a crit from a level 7 mewtwo using confusion on a level 11 kabutops). Trying to figure out what happened by myself hasn't really worked. Are you able to look into it?

• 2 months later...