[Tutorial] How to extract the saves from R/B/Y virtual console (using homebrew)

Pikm

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this took so long. Here's before and the one I'm trying to upload. Or at least it should be.

Edit: I tried wiping out the save by deleting and reinstalling the game and then injected the save. The only one on the card is the edited save. So why aren't the edits showing up when I inject????

sav.dat

sav.dat

Edited by BlueBraviary

• 3 months later...

Hi, I've just having some issues with my save of Pokémon Red, corrupted datas. I want to try something to avoid to restart the game.

And for that I need the .xml of the french version of Pokémon Red, someone can help me ? Please. ^^

If someone has a solution for my corrupted data, I appreciate some help. This how I get the issue : I’ve made a copy of my sd on my mac, to see if I can recharge previous save. I level up a Pokémon, and I reput previous save and then I had the issue of corrupted save. So I try to recharge the last save, the one with the leveled up Pokémon, and same error. 

Now, I want to extract and edit and reinject my save to see if I can fix the issue, if that doesn’t work, I’ll recup a 100% save.  

RIP my Azuria Mew :’(

So, I've succeeded to export my data and edit it with PKHeX, I change the .sav extension into .dat when I export the main save with PKHeX.

No needed map file for my boot version.

svdt export from sd to savedata but when I launch the game, same problem... I think that's a problem with the file "SecureValue"...

Anyone can help me to allow me to play again on my 3DS with my save, please ? :( 

Final Edit :

I remove the file « Secur Value » and everything works. 

I’ve done all of that on last version of N3DS with OOTHAXX. I’ll try to explain step by step for newbie (like I was before). 

Edited by Bor
Success

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...