Questions about building a personal bank collection

drascol

I'm getting back into Pokemon and love collecting them in the game. I have CFW on my 3DS and want my bank to have a collection of every US and JP event pokemon as well as some special mons that are too difficult to obtain right now (XD/Colosseum, etc). Thing is I don't know what I've missed since I stopped playing after Red (I'm in my late 20's now). It seems like a mountain of information just to find out what special stuff I've missed over the years. It's extremely convoluted.

Can someone give me a rough outline of what I want to get my hands on? What I think I'm looking for is:

Distributed Events (not including prizes for ranking high in tournaments but including ones for participating in online-only tournaments).

Pokemon from older games with special flags/ribbons (like xD Latios, Colosseum, etc)

Dream Radar specials

GTS Events

Old wifi event distributions (Fall 2010 Mew, etc)

Scratch cards that were missed (Shiney Mega Gengar, Diancie, etc)

All previous wondercards for XY and ORAS

Old Mons with special moves that can't be obtained in Gen6 (I have no idea how many there are so I don't know if this is reasonable)

Am I missing anything? Will all of these pass into Bank without problems if done correctly? How many unique mons are I looking at genning here?

I don't want to consider this "cheating". Any pokemon obtained from charities I'm willing to donate to independently (already donated well to the Earthquake Relief for pikachu to show appreciation). I'm not trying to gen competitive pokemon, I'll actually breed them myself (nothing against those who gen for this purpose). This is all for my private collection that won't be used competitively. Sorry if I seem overly defensive, as I've gotten alot of flak asking in certain places.

Thank you if you read all this.

That is ambitious. I went trough the same process a couple years ago, but i'm happy with full dexes for the gen, but all english and jap event pokemon? That's a lot.

My personal advise: go one game at a time, one gen at a time.

For now you should skip gen 2 since you can't get them legitimately on gen 7 (yet, just wait a year...).

Follow a chronollogical order, i.e: play pokemon r&s, get everything that can be got in game, then check all events released for those games. Once you have all, switch to emeral/fr&lg/colosseum/xd and repeat.

Then go to gen IV and so on.

Gen 3 will be the hardest for events, but there's taka's tools for jap in game events.

In your list you might be missing my pokemon ranch for gen4 and battle revolution pokemon. Also, special pokemon from pokemon ranger games.

Seems like a lot, but go step by step and you'll eventually get it. Btw, gen 5 is a mess just to have a complete gen 5 pokedex.

That is ambitious. I went trough the same process a couple years ago, but i'm happy with full dexes for the gen, but all english and jap event pokemon? That's a lot.

My personal advise: go one game at a time, one gen at a time.

For now you should skip gen 2 since you can't get them legitimately on gen 7 (yet, just wait a year...).

Follow a chronollogical order, i.e: play pokemon r&s, get everything that can be got in game, then check all events released for those games. Once you have all, switch to emeral/fr&lg/colosseum/xd and repeat.

Then go to gen IV and so on.

Gen 3 will be the hardest for events, but there's taka's tools for jap in game events.

In your list you might be missing my pokemon ranch for gen4 and battle revolution pokemon. Also, special pokemon from pokemon ranger games.

Seems like a lot, but go step by step and you'll eventually get it. Btw, gen 5 is a mess just to have a complete gen 5 pokedex.

Is there a reason I should need to play every game? I thought that through "the power of Save Editing" I could generate them and inject them into XY ORAS so theyre indistinguishable from legitely transfered pokemon. Like for example, an injected event Pikachu or whatever would look exactly the same as one that was legitely transfered using an original DS, original carts and eventually brought into the game with Transporter and Bank.

Is that not how it works? Maybe you thought I was hoping to try to make a full dex for every gen which I'm really only trying to prepare for Sun/Moon (thought dexing every pokemon does sound fun). I mean sounds fun on paper but I'm pretty sure I'd have to quite my job to do it. I guess when you do (and if) transfer them into Bank, they'll all be flagged as from that game and that's honestly pretty damn awesome, but way beyond my capabilities.

And yes.. I'm waiting for the next batch of VC games too :) currently playing Red to sort of "revive" my original team from like 20 years ago into Sun/Moon.

Basically I want to make this as painless as possible. Can't I just use my 3DS games + injecting files + Poke Bank to fill in everything I'd need to have "complete" (massive quotation marks) event collection within Bank before Sun/Moon arrives?? Yknow.. without having to slog through every game before 2016 ends.

Oh, then it's really easy, pkhex can get any pokemon/event to gen VI via drag and drop. Conversions should (emphasis on this should) be the same as the traditional (and exhausting) route.

The only difficulty might come from gathering all events without missing any, but with a checklist problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting back into Pokemon and love collecting them in the game. I have CFW on my 3DS and want my bank to have a collection of every US and JP event pokemon as well as some special mons that are too difficult to obtain right now (XD/Colosseum, etc). Thing is I don't know what I've missed since I stopped playing after Red (I'm in my late 20's now). It seems like a mountain of information just to find out what special stuff I've missed over the years. It's extremely convoluted.

Can someone give me a rough outline of what I want to get my hands on? What I think I'm looking for is:

Distributed Events (not including prizes for ranking high in tournaments but including ones for participating in online-only tournaments).

Pokemon from older games with special flags/ribbons (like xD Latios, Colosseum, etc)

Dream Radar specials

GTS Events

Old wifi event distributions (Fall 2010 Mew, etc)

Scratch cards that were missed (Shiney Mega Gengar, Diancie, etc)

All previous wondercards for XY and ORAS

Old Mons with special moves that can't be obtained in Gen6 (I have no idea how many there are so I don't know if this is reasonable)

Am I missing anything? Will all of these pass into Bank without problems if done correctly? How many unique mons are I looking at genning here?

I don't want to consider this "cheating". Any pokemon obtained from charities I'm willing to donate to independently (already donated well to the Earthquake Relief for pikachu to show appreciation). I'm not trying to gen competitive pokemon, I'll actually breed them myself (nothing against those who gen for this purpose). This is all for my private collection that won't be used competitively. Sorry if I seem overly defensive, as I've gotten alot of flak asking in certain places.

Thank you if you read all this.

There's an app for CFW called Pokemon Homebrew Bank that manages a local storage of pokemon. I don't know if the cia build is finished yet, but google the name.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk