InsaneNutter

GEN1 Legit Mew From ToysRus Distribution

On 8/20/2017 at 10:07 PM, crazy4994 said:

okay the forum has changed so much since I was last on. How can I extract a Mew from my Pokemon yellow?

OT:LUIGE forgot what event its from. its touched and level 100 but I bought it with its certificate on ebay so its legit

The J.Rodrigo Cart Flasher for GameBoy Deoxyz linked to is by far the most easy way to backup saves these days. I did a little tutorial / review on this a few months ago: GameBoy / GameBoy Colour USB Save Game Backup

If your in Europe i'd be happy to dump the save for you, probably wouldn't be cost effective if your on the other side of the world, however if you need any help let me know.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:19 AM, suloku said:

- I haven't been able to find any spanish magazine that talked about the distribution, except for a very little mention many months later on the official Nintendo magazine that, in response to a letter, said that Mew was in fact distributed at the tournament in Madrid. The magazines (including official nintendo magazine) only covered the tournament, no trace from Mew distribution.

Any chance you could upload a scan of that page of the magazine? I would be interested to see this letter response.

• Like 3

I'm really happy that at long last we got that savefile dumped. I recall Jen saying a friend of her had a blue cartridge as well, any news about that?

Also, confirmation that the cart is a retail one is great. Lots of thanks to both of you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suloku said:

I'm really happy that at long last we got that savefile dumped. I recall Jen saying a friend of her had a blue cartridge as well, any news about that?

Also, confirmation that the cart is a retail one is great. Lots of thanks to both of you!

@HaxAras had attempted to buy the Red cart back in May, but to no success. That's actually how I found out about this, but didn't get around to help have it dumped until recently. When he told me about it in September, he had mentioned the Blue cart to me from their talks, and iirc, the savefile was erased. It won't hurt to confirm it though, so I'll ask.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 11:37 AM, Deoxyz said:

@HaxAras had attempted to buy the Red cart back in May, but to no success. That's actually how I found out about this, but didn't get around to help have it dumped until recently. When he told me about it in September, he had mentioned the Blue cart to me from their talks, and iirc, the savefile was erased. It won't hurt to confirm it though, so I'll ask.

There was somebody else on Reddit who wanted their Yellow cart dumped I think it was. They would take so long to get back to me, I thought they lost interest. I know several people on Digiex were in a group PM about it. Maybe one of them/you can find the person's name and get in contact with them. I *think* they might have messaged me when I left the Pokemon community but I barely remember since that was in September-October of last year. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HaxAras said:

There was somebody else on Reddit who wanted their Yellow cart dumped I think it was. They would take so long to get back to me, I thought they lost interest. I know several people on Digiex were in a group PM about it. Maybe one of them/you can find the person's name and get in contact with them. I *think* they might have messaged me when I left the Pokemon community but I barely remember since that was in September-October of last year. 

So this Yellow was just someone's personal cart that had been traded a Mew, right? Because otherwise I didn't know of any Yellow carts being used for the actual distribution. But being held in December 1999 could technically make that a possibility I suppose.

(You can respond in our email convo if you want, since I don't know how long you plan on visiting here again)

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, Deoxyz said:

So this Yellow was just someone's personal cart that had been traded a Mew, right? Because otherwise I didn't know of any Yellow carts being used for the actual distribution. But being held in December 1999 could technically make that a possibility I suppose.

(You can respond in our email convo if you want, since I don't know how long you plan on visiting here again)

I'm pretty sure it was a Few traded over. We wanted it because so few remain on gen 1 games these days. I forget to check Digiex and never get notifications so I doubt I'll respond there either.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:10 AM, suloku said:

On 1/17/2018 at 12:37 PM, Deoxyz said:

I figured I should give quick update on this to close the loose ends. Updates from Jenn were slow paced due to real life and such, but our talks have come to a close. Turns out her friend's cart was actually a Red as well, and it being a Blue must've been a false memory. The savefile was indeed erased though as I had predicted. Unfortunately, this cart has also since then been removed from the system it was sealed in, so we won't have any new pictures to archive as I was hoping for.

That's about it. Now with all my questions answered, she shipped my dumper back to me a few days ago. So the savefile we obtained in January will indeed likely be the only one we will ever archive from this event, which we are extremely lucky to have in the first place.

I guess now we can look forward to the preservation effort keeping up the momentum of the last year or so, hopefully bringing us more rare data to archive. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much is left sitting around with collectors.