GEN1 Legit Mew From ToysRus Distribution

InsaneNutter

As it works in Red i'd say the problem is probably with Yellow, otherwise it would have been rejected when you tried with Red.
There should be no reason for yellow incompatibility

It's working now. I really have no idea what I did, maybe swapping boxes, saving and resetting did the trick, I really don't know, but Stadium now accepts it.

PS: It's a 100% legit glitchless Y playthru, with traded exclusives, from also legit R/B. So I don't know how or why caused my Y to become "fake".

I got a legit Mew from someone on ebay with certificate. Is there a specific OT the event Mews have?

EDIT: nevermind the Mew is from Pokemon Stadium Tour

Do you have any way to dump that mew/the save?

Alternatively, if it is already at level 100, could you check if it is fully EV trained (checking if stats change after beating elite 4 only with mew should be enough to know) and post the data? That way IVs can be calculated and a pkm file created.

If it is at level 5, untrained, checking the stats after using several rare candies should allow to calculate the IVs too.

It would be great to have another gen 1 legit mew data if you are willing to share.

I myself I'm on the process to try getting a legit spanish gen 1 mew (the only one distributed in spain, but unlike the usa mews I suspect this one having random or other IV data)

I am very sorry about that please disregard my earlier post I was not meaning to cause any problems. Yes you are 100% right wilykat from the EverDrive forums deserves all the credit for saving this over 15 years ago and uploading a completely legit and unmodified mew.

On a side note since we all Love mew so much.

I did some poking around in a hex editor and also used @Metropolis pokemon editors. I found out and noticed if you use the screen shots for the stats and create a mew with all the same stats, IV, trainer name, character, ETC and make it match EXACTLY and then same it a s pkm file that the mew you just created this way and the legit downloaded mew match byte for byte in a hex editor. I also used the editor to port it to gen 2 and 3 I am not sure the algorithm it used to great the Hidden id on gen 2 or 3. but I noticed that the hidden id changes if you use mew at all to battle, teach moves or level up that the hidden ID changed when you convert him to other gens.

That's why i'm hoping eventually the GEN2 games will be released as downloadable games on the Eshop, with Pokebank support.

When Sun / Moon are released it will be pretty awesome that you can import Pokemon from GEN1, i'll finally be able to have my 16+ year old GEN1 Pokemon in a current game, would be even more awesome if that was eventually possible in GEN2, as you could play any Pokemon game and have a legit way of transferring the Pokemon in to the current generation of games.

No worries, we're all friends here trying to help each other out where possible :)

Thank you very much I feel the same way. I also cant tell you how surprised I was to find this and that he had it saved on his game bank with Mew untouched.

Also, in this search I've been provided with the data from a FRANCO celebi distributed in Madrid (October 6 to 7, 2001 according to bulbapedia)

-OT: FRANCO

-ID: 02233

-Genes: 2D8A

(Atk 02 - Def 13 - Speed 8 - Special 10)

note: the gene calculation has been done manually, but the owner asures me that the celebi is at level 100 and has maxed experience.

According to bulbapedia attacks were:

- Slot 1: Leech Seed

- Slot 2: Confusion

- Slot 3: Heal Bell

- Slot 4: Recover

The owner has means to preserve the data (via pokemon stadium 2 and one of those devices that allowed to backup gb saves, but can't connect to computer). Still, given the structure of gen 1 pokemon, this data is enough to recreate those two pokemon.

That's my Celebi!! :biggrin:

I also had my certificate of authenticity. My Celebi is the 2234. Pretty similar to ID, 02233. I wonder if it's an error and it was supposed to be the same? Probably not.

PD: October 6, if I remember. It was a rainy day. My promotional poster and my certificate of authenticity got wet T.T.

Edit: The certificate (and my hands)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13181[/ATTACH]

That's my Celebi!! :biggrin:

I also had my certificate of authenticity. My Celebi is the 2234. Pretty similar to ID, 02233. I wonder if it's an error and it was supposed to be the same? Probably not.

PD: October 6, if I remember. It was a rainy day. My promotional poster and my certificate of authenticity got wet T.T.

Edit: The certificate (and my hands)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13181[/ATTACH]

I though I had properly credited you in my post (I've edited it), I certainly did in the gen 2 forum.

The ID is meant to be the same, maybe the first celebi they distributed was #00000 and they wrote #000001, so they were forced to keep the ID+1 in the certificates.

Btw, any chance the certificate could be scanned? That would be awesome.

I have a spanish blue cart with a mew, but OT is ASH, so it's probably hacked. The only thing that bothers me is that ID is #00040.

I though I had properly credited you in my post (I've edited it), I certainly did in the gen 2 forum.

No problem.

The ID is meant to be the same, maybe the first celebi they distributed was #00000 and they wrote #000001, so they were forced to keep the ID+1 in the certificates.

Yes, maybe.

Btw, any chance the certificate could be scanned? That would be awesome.

Yes, but as I said the certificate got wet, so isn't in good conditions. You can see one in this thread: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?4359-Mew-Certificate

• 2 months later...
How do I extract a save on Gen 1? I want to get the Mew out before the battery dies.

There are several options. Cheapest way is to build a cart reader if you are good at electronics. There are several available for about 10-15$. Some people sell pre-built ones sometimes. I myself want to attemp to build an arduino based one.

You can also buy a comercial device, but they are rare. There are people who sell flashcarts+reader for around 60$.

Also, recently this has been annouced: http://hyperkinlab.com/smartboy-development-kit/

Edit: where did you get the mew? Usa? Europe?

It is a dev-kit, a commercial version...no release date announced. It doesn't say to be able to read/write savegames, but I'm pretty sure it will be able to do so.

Of course, you might as well ask your friends, maybe they have such a device already, or maybe someone in this forus has a device and lives in your city or he would backup the save if you send the cart to him.

As last ressort: train yout mew to level 100, then EV train it until its EV are maxed (get him on a pc box, drag him out and anotate its states, then make 5 pokemon league runs only with mew, get him on the pc and get him out. If the stats didn't change it is fully trained). With level 100 and making sure it is fully trained, we can recreate the mew, and it will be 1:1 to the one you'd get extracting the save. But it is very important that it is fully EV trained.

• 1 month later...

EDIT: I mistook Shin-Chan with Tripedicus, the actual owner and maker of the post, Shin-Chan kindly linked Tripred imgur post here.

I'm so glad asking people trough the internet was able to provide not one, but 14 Mews!

The save file needs to be converted with this tool to the standard 32kb sav file: https://www.retro5.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=257

About the Mews in the save:

- Every single one of them has the same DVs (5)/10/1/5/12

- The first 6 Mews have been trained to level 15 (one to level 16)

- The next 6 Mews are untouched.

- The last 2 Mews are at level 100, max stat experience and custom moveset, but everything else is legit.

I personally consider that all these 14 Mews can be reverted to level 5, and pound as the only move and still be considered legit, but that's up to anyone downloading the savefile.

Most interesting information is that those two Mews from the very first tour distribution have OT LUIGE, while I also have proof of "LUIGIE" Mews being distributed, so I guess nintendo changed it at some point. Nothing really big, but I find it a curious fact.

I've been gathering as much information about gen 1 mew as I could, will post it all sorted when I get time and a couple informations I'm waiting for.

Many, many thanks for going trough the trouble of gathering all these mews!

Edited by suloku

Hi, the imgur post and save file is mine. I have not used this name online for many many years but seems appropriate for this forum!

Suloku found me and I was happy to bring all these Mews together into one save. I have no problems with distribution of these files, since at this point Mew is very easy to obtain and they were only gathering dust in my collection.

Here are both the retron5 save file and one converted for use in emulators or tools

Retron5 Format Save File: https://goo.gl/f2XZhs

Converted Save File: https://goo.gl/tr06GS

Again big thanks to Suloku and the Pokémon project forums for being such an amazing resource for Pokémon game preservation and analysis. You guys really kick ass!

Trip

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fascinating.

I had no idea that it was even possible to offer event Pokemon for the first generation or to back up GBC cartridge files. How I would have loved to have been more informed and had access to this ability before my Silver died.

1999 was a year before I obtained my first game which was Yellow though I'm quite happy using the Mew glitch. I wish it hadn't taken me several more years to become aware of it. :XD:

Not to gen 6, but we suppose you'll be able to transfer to gen 7. The one you can have in gen 6 is the one from gen 3, which can be shiny. Also those distributed in gen 4 and of course the recent gent 6 distro.

By the way, thanks to cirellio I have a mew from the toy's r us distribution made with direct trading and not the mew machine. I'll post more info and the save (I have his permission) with all the info I've been collecting.

Now I only need to see if I can get buyosel from filb.de to share his mew (and celebi).

I found this today, don't know if it can help about Pay Day events

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13121[/ATTACH]

Source:

http://www008.upp.so-net.ne.jp/PSRO/poken-appearance-special.html

And this about Dragon Rage Magikarp

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13122[/ATTACH]

Source:

http://pokemonxy-matome.com/blog-entry-87.html

im not seeing anyone else reply to this, so i will just go ahead and say thanks! i was looking for more info on the magikarp event. im having trouble navigating the link, but is this the same sort of downloadable save file/event as the mew? im definitely interested in whether this works or if anyone else might know of anyone with the university magikarp.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...