GEN1 Legit Mew From ToysRus Distribution

InsaneNutter

The Mew contained in this Pokemon Blue save file is legit and was obtained from a ToysRus distribution in 1999.

The first 1,500 customers at each Toys "R" Us store around the United States received a special 'Peel & Win' sticker card on November 26, 1999. 200 at each store contained the text "Caught Me!" underneath, which allowed players to receive a Mew from December 8 to 12, 1999.

Legitimate Mews for GEN1 Pokemon games are extremely rare these days, due to the fact the save games on Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow game cartridges get erased when the battery inside the game cartridge runs out. Luckily wilykat from the EverDrive forums had backed has save game up so was able to share this rare Pokemon GEN1 event Pokemon with us.

Download Pokemon GEN1 Legit Mew Save From 1999

Read More on Pokemon GEN1 Events at Bulbapedia

pokemon-151-mew.png.9736ec7f2a347b921af702bb25807dd0.png

Edited by InsaneNutter
Edited post title for clarity
  • Like 8

This is awesome, thank you very much. I've been looking for a mew like this for some time. The fact that it is still at level 5 is amazing.

The most interesting would be to compare this mew with another one from the same distribution, in order to check the IVs. I bet, since IDNo was random back in those days, that every single mew was randomly generated, then distributed, but would still be interesting.

Also, I find it curious that OT was either YOSHIRA or YOSHIRB. Maybe it was to enhance the range of possible mews, since "only" 65535 IDs were possible, having two OT names duplicates the possible mew range...

I wonder what the new gen 1 distribution in japan will be like regarding IVs and OT.

ps: is there any other legit gen 1 mew contributed somewhere? I really think we should have a recopilatory thread for these mews since they are the most important (and almost the only) gen 1 event distribution.

EDIT: interesting, this is the same mew contributed here 2 years ago: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1690.msg16886#msg16886

Are you kmksoulja?

Edited by suloku

Now if I could just find a Surfing Pikachu.

There's doesn't seem to be any intention to distribute a surfing pikachu, given they patch yellow rom so you can play the minigame without a surfing pikachu.

If you really want a legit gen 1 surfing pikachu, you can still get one trough emulation by playing pokemon stadium and linking your rby savegame, but all it does allow a pikachu you used to learn surf, so it would be quicker to just edit the save to teach it surf.

There was a nintendo power surfing pikachu distributed, and seems it was the only one outside japan (except for the pokemon stadium feature).

I guess those events are forever lost, or will be when batteries dry out.

Oh, wow. This is a really important find, actually.

Especially with this option available for the eShop versions of RGBY.

Now if I could just find a Surfing Pikachu.

There's doesn't seem to be any intention to distribute a surfing pikachu, given they patch yellow rom so you can play the minigame without a surfing pikachu.

If you really want a legit gen 1 surfing pikachu, you can still get one trough emulation by playing pokemon stadium and linking your rby savegame, but all it does allow a pikachu you used to learn surf, so it would be quicker to just edit the save to teach it surf.

There was a nintendo power surfing pikachu distributed, and seems it was the only one outside japan (except for the pokemon stadium feature).

I guess those events are forever lost, or will be when batteries dry out.

And that's how I know you didn't look at the link I put in my post ;P

You can take a save file from a cartridge or emulator version of RGBY and put it in the new Virtual Console ones. It's a pretty easy process, actually.

So the Mew this thread was started for is important because it'll be a legitamate Gen 1 Mew (As opposed to one caught via the Mew Glitch). And if you click the Bulbapedia link the OP posted, it shows the same Pikachu you were referencing, so I was talking about that one.

I might have explained myself wrong.

My whole point was about the fact that getting a legit wvent surfing pikachu will probably never happen (batteries will run out and there was only 1000 distributions, chances are very low).

I was offering information about how to get a legit gen 1 surfing pikachu (not from event, but legit as well) and stating the fact that it was easier to just hack the move into an existing pikachu than getting that pikachu to learn the move via pokemon stadium, since the final outcome will be the same.

ps: I'm pretty well aware about vc save modification

EDIT: interesting, this is the same mew contributed here 2 years ago: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1690.msg16886#msg16886

Are you kmksoulja?

Yup it's his save / Mew as mentioned. You can only see / download when logged in and registered so i've shared / mirrored the save else where in the hope's it will be around for years to come.

Oh, wow. This is a really important find, actually.

Especially with this option available for the eShop versions of RGBY.

That's my plan, the Mew is already on my 3DS copy of Pokemon red. I hope i'll be able to transfer it over to Moon / Sun along with all my other GEN1 Pokemon I caught 16 years ago.

My whole point was about the fact that getting a legit wvent surfing pikachu will probably never happen (batteries will run out and there was only 1000 distributions, chances are very low).

I was offering information about how to get a legit gen 1 surfing pikachu (not from event, but legit as well) and stating the fact that it was easier to just hack the move into an existing pikachu than getting that pikachu to learn the move via pokemon stadium, since the final outcome will be the same.

Indeed that's what I had done many years ago on my Yellow save, it's the same end result as going through Pokemon stadium which has been the only way to ever get a surfing Pikachu outside Japan for GEN1. So we have the only western GEN1 event Pokemon archived, however GEN1 in Japan had a few more event Pokemon in addition to Mew, including a flying Pikachu:

• Nintendo 64 Pikachu - This Surfing Pikachu was distributed to 10,000 players by presenting a lottery ticket obtained from purchasing a Nintendo 64.
  • CoroCoro Pikachu (Surfing and Flying) - This Surfing Pikachu promotion was revealed in the October issue of CoroCoro Comics, and the later Flying Pikachu promotion was revealed in the November issue. However, there were only 20 Pikachu available at each promotion.
  • University Magikarp - This Magikarp with the special move Dragon Rage was available for 20 players through the "Tamamushi University Hyper Test" campaign in magazines published by Shogakukan, along with the rare Magikarp card, which is based on this Pokémon.
  • Pokémon Stamp Pokémon - Two Pokémon, Fearow and Rapidash, with the special move Pay Day were available through the Pokémon Stamp campaign that ran in various magazines published by Shogakukan.

I'd say the chances of any of those event Pokemon ever making their way online and then to an English speaking website such as Project Pokemon are almost none, especially the University Magikarp and Flying Pikachu. Never say never though.

ps: I'm pretty well aware about vc save modification

I apologize if I came off as a dick, it wasn't intentional.

I guess I could find a save file with a Stadium-tutored Surfachu and trade that over. Or I could just do actual 'Mon editing, like you suggested.

That's my plan, the Mew is already on my 3DS copy of Pokemon red. I hope i'll be able to transfer it over to Moon / Sun along with all my other GEN1 Pokemon I caught 16 years ago.

Indeed that's what I had done many years ago on my Yellow save, it's the same end result as going through Pokemon stadium which has been the only way to ever get a surfing Pikachu outside Japan for GEN1. So we have the only western GEN1 event Pokemon archived, however GEN1 in Japan had a few more event Pokemon in addition to Mew, including a flying Pikachu:

• Nintendo 64 Pikachu - This Surfing Pikachu was distributed to 10,000 players by presenting a lottery ticket obtained from purchasing a Nintendo 64.
  • CoroCoro Pikachu (Surfing and Flying) - This Surfing Pikachu promotion was revealed in the October issue of CoroCoro Comics, and the later Flying Pikachu promotion was revealed in the November issue. However, there were only 20 Pikachu available at each promotion.
  • University Magikarp - This Magikarp with the special move Dragon Rage was available for 20 players through the "Tamamushi University Hyper Test" campaign in magazines published by Shogakukan, along with the rare Magikarp card, which is based on this Pokémon.
  • Pokémon Stamp Pokémon - Two Pokémon, Fearow and Rapidash, with the special move Pay Day were available through the Pokémon Stamp campaign that ran in various magazines published by Shogakukan.

I'd say the chances of any of those event Pokemon ever making their way online and then to an English speaking website such as Project Pokemon are almost none, especially the University Magikarp and Flying Pikachu. Never say never though.

Oh wow. I had no idea these existed at all. Which makes sense, considering I've only ever played English Gen 1 games and I was four turning five when I got Yellow.

That being said, I've been hunting for the .CIA file for the VC Japanese Pokémon Blue, since their version of Blue had some exclusive in-game trades and you could find Jynx, Farfetch'd, and Mr. Mime in the wild. Now I have even more of a reason to chase after that .CIA.

EDIT: Obviously, I'm probably still going to have a hard time locating save files with those events on them, but having a Japanese game is the first step in actually being able to obtain them.

@Alejandrojohanson

Keep in mind that japanesse and international versions are incompatible, the most similar to a trade would be to generate the japanese event pokemon in a USA/EUR game, given we obtain the DVs and original moves for the event pokemon.

Having a Blue game will not help in completing gen 1 pokedex in the eur games, but go ahead for a japanesse pokedex. Since gen 1/2 don't have any location settings, the way to obtain Jynx, Farfetch'd, and Mr. Mime in gen 1 is to breed them in gen 2, then transfer back to gen 1. They will be the same as if generated in the wild by the game.

So we have the only western GEN1 event Pokemon archived

Well, as I said there was 1000 surfing pikachu distributed by nintendo power in US.

Also, In my search about this topic, it seems that gen 1 mew normally had the same DV spread (10/1/12/5), changing in OT name (last letter depending on distribution machine/region of distribution) and ID number sequentially generated for each mew.

But I've also reached a post from the Spanish mew distribution that took place in the year 2000. There I saw images of that mew, which was supposedly distributed there. Being sure about this is impossible, but since the photos show a mew at level 100 and was supposedly trained to level 100, if we assume it was fully effort experience trained, we get that this was the distributed mew:

Experience: 135 (lvl 5)

OT: D-J

ID: 60130

DV: (2 hp)/6 atk/4 def/3 speed/8 special

Ataques: Pound (PP 35)

Also, in this search I've been provided with the data from a FRANCO celebi distributed in Madrid (October 6 to 7, 2001 according to bulbapedia) thanks to Dr. Matt.

-OT: FRANCO

-ID: 02233

-Genes: 2D8A

(Atk 02 - Def 13 - Speed 8 - Special 10)

note: the gene calculation has been done manually, but the owner asures me that the celebi is at level 100 and has maxed experience.

According to bulbapedia attacks were:

- Slot 1: Leech Seed

- Slot 2: Confusion

- Slot 3: Heal Bell

- Slot 4: Recover

The owner has means to preserve the data (via pokemon stadium 2 and one of those devices that allowed to backup gb saves, but can't connect to computer). Still, given the structure of gen 1 pokemon, this data is enough to recreate those two pokemon.

Edit: Dr. Matt has posted his celebi certificate in a post bellow

Edited by suloku

Keep in mind that japanesse and international versions are incompatible, the most similar to a trade would be to generate the japanese event pokemon in a USA/EUR game, given we obtain the DVs and original moves for the event pokemon.

Having a Blue game will not help in completing gen 1 pokedex in the eur games, but go ahead for a japanesse pokedex. Since gen 1/2 don't have any location settings, the way to obtain Jynx, Farfetch'd, and Mr. Mime in gen 1 is to breed them in gen 2, then transfer back to gen 1. They will be the same as if generated in the wild by the game.

Snap... I derped.

I was aware of the inability of Gen 1 / 2 Japanese games and non-Japanese games, but I wasn't thinking in that regard as far as all of those event 'Mons go.

I actually have an English language patch for my VC Green, and now it trades flawlessly to my VC Yellow. And I was hoping to be able to apply a similar patch to the Japanese VC Blue. But I wasn't thinking about the fact that doing that would disqualify my Blue from those event 'Mons since they'd have Japanese names / OTs in an "English" game.

Yup, I derped hard... Hahaha

At the moment, all of that is purely theoretical, as the .CIA file for the Japanese VC Blue is the one Japanese VC Pokémon game .CIA file I can't find (Yet).

I need dat Magikarp.

I actually have an English language patch for my VC Green, and now it trades flawlessly to my VC Yellow. And I was hoping to be able to apply a similar patch to the Japanese VC Blue.

I've seen that patch, and it is not a Japanesse green patched to be in english, it is an english Blue patched to ressemble japanesse green.

Actually, I haven't tested, but it's not the pokemon by itself what are incompatible (probably name would be junk, but the rest would be fine), but rather how the games are programmed. One major problem is that nickname/name and OT name in jap is 5+1 characters, while international is 10+1, and this is not stored in the pkm file (in the game, probably save editors add this data to the pkm file). This changes totally how the pokemon is handled.

I've seen that patch, and it is not a Japanesse green patched to be in english, it is an english Blue patched to ressemble japanesse green.

Interesting. That makes some sense though, considering Green has all of the same version exclusives as the international Blue.

The weird thing is that if you attempt to open the English Green without my Gateway, it fails and says you should go to the eShop and redownload it, you click the eShop button on that notice, and it tells you that game cannot be found.

And you can also have the VC Blue on the same system. My thought process, prior to what you said, is that if it's basically a modified Blue, it'd open Blue in the eShop when you click that notice on the home menu, and that you wouldn't be able to have Blue on your system.

I haven't tested, but it's not the pokemon by itself what are incompatible (probably name would be junk, but the rest would be fine), but rather how the games are programmed. One major problem is that nickname/name and OT name in jap is 5+1 characters, while international is 10+1, and this is not stored in the pkm file (in the game, probably save editors add this data to the pkm file). This changes totally how the pokemon is handled.

So if I set names to five characters, it could theoretically be okay?

The weird thing is that if you attempt to open the English Green without my Gateway, it fails and says you should go to the eShop and redownload it, you click the eShop button on that notice, and it tells you that game cannot be found.And you can also have the VC Blue on the same system. My thought process, prior to what you said, is that if it's basically a modified Blue, it'd open Blue in the eShop when you click that notice on the home menu, and that you wouldn't be able to have Blue on your system.

If you got the patched version from were I think you got it, the post clearly states that they changed the title id to that of japanesse green, which is only in the japanesse e-shop (I don't know why they decided to occupy that slot, probably in hopes of pokebank recognizing the game).

So if I set names to five characters, it could theoretically be okay?

No, that's not how it works. They're incompatible because jap games don't handle the data in the same way as the international versions.

What could theoretically work is a jap<->international conversion (and trade) trough homebrew. PHBankGB aims to do that eventually, but the lack of information about the japanesse savegame structure isn't helping the developer.

No, that's not how it works. They're incompatible because Jap games don't handle the data in the same way as the international versions.

What could theoretically work is a Jap<->international conversion (and trade) through Homebrew. PHBankGB aims to do that eventually, but the lack of information about the Japanese save game structure isn't helping the developer.

Oh wow. I hadn't heard of that project until I Googled it just now. Phenomenal stuff.

I downloaded the .cia and installed it on my Homebrewed O3DSXL, which is the one my "Green" is on. Currently, it fails to open, which I think may be because I imported the .cia via DevMenu (With my Gateway) rather than with Homebrew. If that's the correct thought process, I'll need to research how to import .cia files via Homebrew. I definitely hope the developer figures out the save data conundrum of the Japanese games. But even if they don't, what they have is absolutely brilliant. I'd love to be able to seamlessly trade within one system. Too bad I won't be able to link it to my N3DSXL (Firmware 10.7), that one has a copy of Yellow that I bought from the eShop for Gen 7 Bank purposes.

Also got Red added to my O3DS system, just an extra possible save file to exchange 'Mons with once I have PHBankGB up and running.

I was trying to get Blue added for this Mew and Yellow added because I have a pretty phenomenal Yellow save file that I managed to rip from my actual cartridge version a year or so ago onto my laptop (Via a Mega Memory Card and a GB USB Smart Card), but I've not found .cia files that are cryptofixed that are also the "proper" file size of 6.9mb. I keep getting ones that are 9.8mb, which the manual built in, and for whatever reason FBI and DevMenu both can't import them because of that. If Homebrew didn't make me not want to update my system, I could get non-cryptofixed versions and have the eShop repair the files, but as is, I'm unable to use the eShop because my system is firmware 9.2.

I could get non-cryptofixed versions and have the eShop repair the files, but as is, I'm unable to use the eShop because my system is firmware 9.2.

Which is fine, you have 9.2 so can use the web browser exploit to launch your Gateway and also to launch a custom firmware such as RxTools.

Do you not have an Emunand setup for your Gateway yet? you really don't need to use your 9.2 System Nand anymore. You can boot in to a 10.7 Emulated Nand (EmuNand) with your Gateway or RxTools and use the Eshop as normal. The "proper" file size is actually 9.8mb with the manual, however I believe the manual only works with custom firmware which is why you might find versions with the manual removed that they can work with Gateway.

My System Nand is on 9.2, I have then setup an Emunand with Gateway and installed BigBlueBox (CIA installer) on to the Emunand. I then simply use the RxTools Custom Firmware with Homemenuhax. The end result been I power my 3DS on and it boots directly in to a 10.7 (or what ever the latest version is) Emunand, so I can update as normal, play my legit game cartridges and also install .cia content.

If you use a custom firmware such as RxTools instead of Gateway for example you can also use two incredible useful apps to backup and restore your 3DS and DS save games.

SaveDataFiler - This will allow you to backup 3DS save games from your legit cartridges and CIA content such as CIA 3DS games and Virtual Console content such as the Pokemon games.

TWLSaveTool - This will allow you to back save games from legit DS game cartridges with ease, including games with had additional protection such as Heart Gold / Soul Silver, Black / White and Black / White 2.

With both of the above apps you can restore save games the same way you backed them up, making it incredibly easy to backup and move about DS and 3DS save games.

Additional reading:

I realise the above is a bit off topic, however I hope it helps you out with the classic Pokemon games on your 3DS :)

Edited by evandixon
Removed link to SaveDataFiler and BigBlueMenu, since they're copyrighted material

Which is fine, you have 9.2 so can use the web browser exploit to launch your Gateway and also to launch a custom firmware such as RxTools.

Do you not have an Emunand setup for your Gateway yet? you really don't need to use your 9.2 System Nand anymore. You can boot in to a 10.7 Emulated Nand (EmuNand) with your Gateway or RxTools and use the Eshop as normal. The "proper" file size is actually 9.8mb with the manual, however I believe the manual only works with custom firmware which is why you might find versions with the manual removed that they can work with Gateway.

My System Nand is on 9.2, I have then setup an Emunand with Gateway and installed BigBlueBox (CIA installer) on to the Emunand. I then simply use the RxTools Custom Firmware with Homemenuhax. The end result been I power my 3DS on and it boots directly in to a 10.7 (or what ever the latest version is) Emunand, so I can update as normal, play my legit game cartridges and also install .cia content.

If you use a custom firmware such as RxTools instead of Gateway for example you can also use two incredible useful apps to backup and restore your 3DS and DS save games.

SaveDataFiler - This will allow you to backup 3DS save games from your legit cartridges and CIA content such as CIA 3DS games and Virtual Console content such as the Pokemon games.

TWLSaveTool - This will allow you to back save games from legit DS game cartridges with ease, including games with had additional protection such as Heart Gold / Soul Silver, Black / White and Black / White 2.

With both of the above apps you can restore save games the same way you backed them up, making it incredibly easy to backup and move about DS and 3DS save games.

Additional reading:

I realize the above is a bit off topic, however I hope it helps you out with the classic Pokemon games on your 3DS :)

Awesome stuff, I got everything all set up.

Speaking of your help, I followed your save file guide in an attempt to get my cartridge Blue / Yellow onto my eShop ones. I ended up getting the notification for both games that my save file had been corrupt and then the only option was to start a new game. Any ideas?

Edited by evandixon
Removed link to SaveDataFiler and BigBlueMenu, since they're copyrighted material

Additional reading:

I realise the above is a bit off topic, however I hope it helps you out with the classic Pokemon games on your 3DS :)

Awesome stuff, I got everything all set up.

Speaking of your help, I followed your save file guide in an attempt to get my cartridge Blue / Yellow onto my eShop ones. I ended up getting the notification for both games that my save file had been corrupt and then the only option was to start a new game. Any ideas?

Realized the problem. When I convert from a .SAV to a .DAT file, I got from the proper file size to 287KB, which obviously is not the proper size. How should I be changing the file extension?

EDIT: Never mind! Figured it out :3

I forgot to use the "Show file extensions" option.

Edited by evandixon

I just came across this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1ulqhw/found_my_old_gen_1_team_with_legit_mew_put/

So,

OT: LINKW

ID: 28664

DVs: (5)/10/1/12/5 ?

Distribution level: 5 (135 exp) I guess, like every other mew on gen 1.

Moves: Pound

The stats shown on the mew are possible with those DVs, which seem to have been the standard for US mew distributions. In any case those are not stats for a full exp level 100 mew. There's really no way of telling, but I think chances are high those are correct values.

BTW, current gen 1 mew distribution going on japan:

OT: ゲーフリ

ID: 22796

DVs: 15/15/15/15/15 (perfect FFFF)

Distribution level: 5 (135 exp)

Moves: Pound

This has been confirmed. The only that that might (but isn't likely to) be different is catch rate (which converts into item when transfering to gen 2).

Thank you very much for posting This I have been looking for these for years

This is also the same one I posted on February 6 here https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?33354-Gen-I-II-to-Gen-III-IV-V-Conversion&p=213522#post212234 I also got it from his game save file from the other forum.

I am not trying to discredit you at all, I just would also like some credit too. I did see a link on there when I first found the site with in the past year or so , and when i stumbled upon it again I notched the word attachment so I signed up and download it.

Thank you again for posting this I know many people will be really happy to finally get the 1999 mew.

Just a word of Warning for any one who is going to use the program PKXDelta 32x or 64X to edit their save in the link I posted above its has a problem with the boxes , when you fill them in in the program and then play the game some boxes may be empty or offest improperly. BACK UP YOUR SAVE FIRST.

The Mew contained in this Pokemon Blue save file is legit and was obtained from a ToysRus distribution in 1999.

The first 1,500 customers at each Toys "R" Us store around the United States received a special 'Peel & Win' sticker card on November 26, 1999. 200 at each store contained the text "Caught Me!" underneath, which allowed players to receive a Mew from December 8 to 12, 1999.

Legitimate Mews for GEN1 Pokemon games are extremely rare these days, due to the fact the save games on Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow game cartridges get erased when the battery inside the game cartridge runs out. Luckily wilykat from the EverDrive forums had backed has save game up so was able to share this rare Pokemon GEN1 event Pokemon with us.

Download Pokemon GEN1 Legit Mew Save From 1999

Read More on Pokemon GEN1 Events at Bulbapedia

29xudna.jpg

I can't trade it to Y version and load in Stadium - "This Game Pak wasn't saved at a POKÉMON CENTER."

And I mean, literary traded, no editors used.

Traded it to R version, still works.

Tried changing OT to some from Bulbapedia, works.

But not trading to Y and importing to Stadium.

Any ideas?

In-game legality Mew check, or maybe Mew wasn't(can't) distributed to Y versions, wrong sav file/dump bytes? Is Mew 100% legit?

PS: I have to set it free, but Pokedex entry, it's not tied to it, Stadium shows I caught it but don't have it on me.

Edited by b923072

Thank you very much for posting This I have been looking for these for years

This is also the same one I posted on February 6 here https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?33354-Gen-I-II-to-Gen-III-IV-V-Conversion&p=213522#post212234 I also got it from his game save file from the other forum.

I am not trying to discredit you at all, I just would also like some credit too. I did see a link on there when I first found the site with in the past year or so , and when i stumbled upon it again I notched the word attachment so I signed up and download it.

From looking at that thread you didn't post the Mew until yesterday?

Regardless i'm not looking for an argument or even bothered about any credit. The real credit goes to wilykat from the EverDrive forums who i mentioned in my original post. All I did was take a random save files hidden deep in a forum thread, confirm the Mew was legit to the best of my ability and make a topic so it's easily accessible to all.

Another option to be sure to not mess the savefile is to trade it with tgbdual or myoldboy (android).

I used TBG Dual, trading with VBA-M seems to corrupt both save files for me (On Windows 10 anyway), no problems at all with TBG Dual, I even managed to import the Mew in to Pokemon Gold perfectly fine.

I can't trade it to Y version and load in Stadium - "This Game Pak wasn't saved at a POKÉMON CENTER."

And I mean, literary traded, no editors used.

Traded it to R version, still works.

Tried changing OT to some from Bulbapedia, works.

But not trading to Y and importing to Stadium.

Any ideas?

In-game legality Mew check, or maybe Mew wasn't(can't) distributed to Y versions, wrong sav file/dump bytes? Is Mew 100% legit?

PS: I have to set it free, but Pokedex entry, it's not tied to it, Stadium shows I caught it but don't have it on me.

As it works in Red i'd say the problem is probably with Yellow, otherwise it would have been rejected when you tried with Red.