Pokemon Link Injection Tool [XY/ORAS] [UPDATED]

Destinyy

Pokemon Link Injection Tool

> How does it work?

It's very simple to use, just choose your PKM game version (XY/ORAS) and what event do you want :D Let me know if you find any error.

> Changelog

03/07/16 - First Update:

- Added: Custom Event Injection

- Added: BackUp System

- Added: Some Shortcuts and ToolTips (See "About" Window)

- Fixed: Rewritten the program's code! (S0.. If there are any issues write me a PM or a post here )

- Fixed: Error Message with XYCelebi

- Changed: "About" window (Added a shortcuts page like @Kaphotics PKHeX)

06/09/13 - Little Fix

- Fixed: Checksum XY Save

> Screenshots

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12960[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12959[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12958[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12966[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12967[/ATTACH]

Credits:

- Thanks Kaphotics (Checksum XY/ORAS and other tips)

- Thanks THESlayer, Suloku (Researches about Pokemon Link Structure) :D

Let me know if there are any issues with this tool or give me some hint (This is my first C# App) ;)

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Destinyy

I think it is a good idea to include the events in the program since there are so few of them and they are virtually the same for any region and, unlike wondercards, nothing is kept in the savegame after retrieval, so having the english bank file in a french savegame is still legit (and that can be legitimately done too).

Check my tool's source for auto-detection of XY or ORAS savegame: https://github.com/suloku/G6_pl_tool

Basically the main files have different filesize: https://github.com/suloku/G6_pl_tool/blob/master/XYORAS%20Pokemon%20Link%20Tool/MainForm.cs#L152

EDIT: just seen you already forbid to inject celebi to ORAS and steelix/glalie to XY

I think it is a good idea to include the events in the program since there are so few of them and they are virtually the same for any region and, unlike wondercards, nothing is kept in the savegame after retrieval, so having the english bank file in a french savegame is still legit (and that can be legitimately done too).

Check my tool's source for auto-detection of XY or ORAS savegame: https://github.com/suloku/G6_pl_tool

Basically the main files have different filesize: https://github.com/suloku/G6_pl_tool/blob/master/XYORAS%20Pokemon%20Link%20Tool/MainForm.cs#L152

EDIT: just seen you already forbid to inject celebi to ORAS and steelix/glalie to XY

Thank You :D

if I inject an english event on a french save, what will be the nationality of the pokemon in game?

I'll state some facts:

1.- We part from the fact that Pokemon Bank can be used with any game, regardless of region or language. So getting the english file in a french save is legitimately possible (the exception might be the ORAS Steelix, as I don't have the japanesse demo to test, but I might test that later...)

2.- The only difference between the bank event files is the pokémon bank name string being in the language of the bank. The pokemon data itself is the very same for all.

3.- For now, all the pokémon distributed trough pokémon link will have most of their values generated when retrieved from pokemon link, that incudes region, game of origin, language... and so on.

Also, I've made sure several times of what is modified in the savefile with this events:

For ORAS Demo: Only the injection and the game's secure value (irrelevant)

For Bank: Same as above, plus an extra 16 byte region in the savegame (in the PSS block) which I'm pretty sure is used by the bank as a secure measure when disconnecting from the server/force shutdown while on bank. These 16 bytes are completely irrelevant for the actual savegame and not related to the event distribution in any way (this region is basically a copy of the pokemon bank savefile in the 3DS).

To sum up: the pokémon obtiained trough pokémon link injection have no difference with the ones legitimately obtained (nor does the save file).

ps: a more correct way to identify the savegames would be to test the checksum table in the save, that would also allow to identfy corrupted savegames...but pkhex can do that and probably no user will give a corrupted save as input.

1.- We part from the fact that Pokemon Bank can be used with any game, regardless of region or language. So getting the english file in a french save is legitimately possible (the exception might be the ORAS Steelix, as I don't have the japanesse demo to test, but I might test that later...)

I guess the demo is the same for each region and it just checks the region.

A few days ago I booted up the European demo with HANS spoofing the region to be Japanese and I was able to catch Steelix. Then I tried to send it to my games. Somehow the demo told me the data was send, but it never reached my game.

Here is my first Update!

03/07/16 - First Update:

- Added: Custom Event Injection

- Added: BackUp System

- Added: Some Shortcuts (See "About" Window)

- Fixed: Rewritten the program's code! (S0.. If there are any issues write me a PM or a post here :D)

- Fixed: Error Message with XYCelebi

- Changed: "About" window (Added a shortcuts page like @Kaphotics PKHeX)

Custom Event Selection: CTRL + LeftClick On "Pokemon ORAS" or "Pokemon XY". With Shift + Left Click the event selected will be removed :D When you switch between ORAS and XY their custom events (One for each game) are not removed.. Only Pressing Shift + LeftClick or Selecting another one.

Donwload and Screenshots UPDATED ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here I was thinking about what to do to obtain the Pokemon Link events. This is a great program. I have a question though. I understand this is called "Injection Tool," but I was wondering if it is possible you could add a feature or new program where you can extract Pokemon Link events for future use. I think it might even prove useful for people who want to donate their events or something like that. Granted I am by no means an expert on programming so I cannot say whether or not this will be easier said than done or impossible altogether. I figured it might at least be something to look into. Other than that though, I have in fact tested this software and it works like a charm. Great work!

Here I was thinking about what to do to obtain the Pokemon Link events. This is a great program. I have a question though. I understand this is called "Injection Tool," but I was wondering if it is possible you could add a feature or new program where you can extract Pokemon Link events for future use. I think it might even prove useful for people who want to donate their events or something like that. Granted I am by no means an expert on programming so I cannot say whether or not this will be easier said than done or impossible altogether. I figured it might at least be something to look into. Other than that though, I have in fact tested this software and it works like a charm. Great work!

The program to do what you asked is this: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?47509-XY-ORAS-Pok%E9mon-Link-tool-0-1

I don't understand how i can inject wc6 files into my savefile. Can anybody explain that to me thanks. (Maybe a noob question)

you don't use this for wondercards.

A quick search here (or even on google or youtube) would have pointed you to Pkhex.

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?36986-PKHeX-%28Gen-6-SAV-PKX-Editor%29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Pokemon X save file (European English eshop version) keeps getting corrupted when I try to inject Celebi. I guess it has to do with a bug in this program that enables Pokemon Link because injecting events with this program on Omega Ruby works perfectly, and the only differences is that I already activated Pokemon Link in OR through the Bank.

My Pokemon X save file (European English eshop version) keeps getting corrupted when I try to inject Celebi. I guess it has to do with a bug in this program that enables Pokemon Link because injecting events with this program on Omega Ruby works perfectly, and the only differences is that I already activated Pokemon Link in OR through the Bank.

Could you send me the corrupted save file? Also backup copy if you can :D