Bot Invasion Warning

wraith89

Take note members:

Recently, there has been an influx of inappropriate topics created by certain bots with very nasty and vulgar content in it. Not only has it been disturbing me because I do the clean up job but I'll bet those who have seen it were disturbed too. So whenever you see topics with names like (pardon my French), "How a Penis Gets an Erection" or "How to Maximize your Ejaculation Experience" posted in strange locations, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THEM!!!. Rather, please report them to a mod/admin, which means either me or anyone else with Blue, Teal, or Red names by sending them a visitor message or a private message.

Anyhow, thank you for your time and I apologize to anyone who had to take the luxury of viewing such topics.

Edited by wraith89

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THEM!!!. Rather, please report them to a mod/admin, which means either me or anyone else with Blue, Teal, or Red

Also, don't forget about Greencat, he has been promoted to Assistant Administrator and has a Indigo name, or was it a different colour?

it's probably just some Pokemon haters anyway.

Don't assume that. At FCR, I saw a new credit card offer that ended in a message that said that you should e-mail some e-mail address with "NO ADS" as the title to stop forum ads. Definately a bot. If it can happen in Simple Machines, it can probebly happen in vBulletin.

How about more than one reCAPCHA when registering?
Apparently there are people who dedicate themselves to typing in CAPCHAs and then let bots take over.

'Nuff Said

-------------------------------

Can't you also delete members?

Then they'll just re-register. Banning works better, so they can't sign up again (with the same email, at least)

--------------------------------

May be you could require E-mail verification, or admin/mod approval for registrations.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

a random attack by an enemy site, i think?

What part of "Bot" don't you understand?

'Nuff Said

-------------------------------

Then they'll just re-register. Banning works better, so they can't sign up again (with the same email, at least)

--------------------------------

May be you could require E-mail verification, or admin/mod approval for registrations.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

What part of "Bot" don't you understand?

That is a somewhat good idea. However if the administrators/moderators would have approve every member member would be too much of a hassle. I recommend that an email should be imputed before completing one's registration...