New Pokemon Games announced

Imari

I know it doesn't belong here but couldn't find where it does, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate location.

Nintendo has announced 2 new Pokemon games which are scheduled for release around "Holiday 2016". They'll be called Sun and Moon.

This was announced during Pokemon Direct on 26th February 2016.

More news to, hopefully, follow soon.

I know it doesn't belong here but couldn't find where it does, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate location.

Nintendo has announced 2 new Pokemon games which are scheduled for release around "Holiday 2016". They'll be called Sun and Moon.

This was announced during Pokemon Direct on 26th February 2016.

More news to, hopefully, follow soon.

I'm not sure it belongs anywhere for now.

Typically, a "7th generation discussion" forum should be opened,

but it has yet to be done.

Is it even confirmed to be a new generation? People are debating over that. If so, that does not bode well for Gen 6 for only having XY and ORAS. I mean an interrim solution would be to add a new forums for Sun & Moon under the 6th generation category and move it to 7th if it is confirmed to be a new generation later. But so far, there is little to discuss about it since there is very little information revealed about it. We can wait a bit more for actual discussions to occur.

Apparently Nintendo has by now pointed out that the Pokemon games will not take the players back to any of the initial settings but should expect to see an entirely new world. That, along with CoroCoro magazine revealing Magearna, seems to suggest that Sun & Moon are to be Gen VII games. But I concur, nothing seems official as of yet.