gen i save editing

exaltmilo

hii, i'm new here

i was wondering if anyone knows how to extract and inject a save from a vc copy of the gen i games on 3ds so that every box can be edited? i can only get box 1 and the party to edit upon injection. thanks!

to extract saves, use Save data filer, worked for me.

To edit, never tried. I reckon this: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?43835-Gen-1-2-3-Pokemon-Editor-and-Converter-for-Windows-Mac-OS-X&p=212664#post212664

edit:

These two worked for me:

Use this for pokemon (I used the legacy version, cause the updated one wont load for me)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen1to3-all-in-one-editor-and-converter.3498043/

(use this for items)

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/gbcheat/pokemon-save-game-editor.html

Always backup your saves, and at your own risk!

I only tried box one, but it worked at that point.

(Using the legacy editor)

The items work

(Using the other website's one)

I've previously managed to get box one to inject but any edits to other boxes didn't seem to work unless they were identical to the pokemon in box 1 :/

Switch boxes twice so the internal "active box" data is in synch. Say box 5 is your active box, the game doesn't update box 5 using the "active box" buffer until you switch boxes. That will resolve any issues.

I'm not sure what you mean, what do you need to do to make the boxes update?

The 3ds I have pokemon yellow is the one updated to recent firmware. I haven't seen what the updates do now so I'm curious if I can still extract the save or should I just start a new game in my other 3ds? Does rxtools and savedatafiler still work after updates?

The 3ds I have pokemon yellow is the one updated to recent firmware. I haven't seen what the updates do now so I'm curious if I can still extract the save or should I just start a new game in my other 3ds? Does rxtools and savedatafiler still work after updates?

To my knowledge (based on experience) it'll still work on emuNAND. My emuNAND is updated to the most recent update and I can still use everything as I did before I updated

To my knowledge (based on experience) it'll still work on emuNAND. My emuNAND is updated to the most recent update and I can still use everything as I did before I updated

It's been awhile since I used emuNAND in my other 3DS. So my updated 3DS can still access it? I just don't want anything deleted from this 3DS like I did on accident with formatting the SD card with Gateway.

It's been awhile since I used emuNAND in my other 3DS. So my updated 3DS can still access it? I just don't want anything deleted from this 3DS like I did on accident with formatting the SD card with Gateway.

As long as you didn't update sysNAND, you should be good to go I think

That's the thing I'm asking about. My 3DS is in 10.6 so I wanted to know if I can still access a way to EmuNAND or extract the save?

You can downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2 with sysupdater then do what I done after you create your emunand and set up menuhax to launch straight to Reinand.