[SDSME] External scripts for events ?

Noxon

Hello,

I'm a begginer in the world of rom-hacking and I'm actually working on a little modified Platinum Rom which I modify with SDSME and PPRE.

I wanted to modify the quantity of TM gived when a player interact with an element which give him a TM (because I didn't found how to make TM infinitely usable).

In SDSME, I found that some events of a map are coded directly in the "script" section of the relative map but, in some cases, it seems that several elements of a map (character, items, destructible rocks) are managed by an "event", in a different list.

So I tried to reach the events of the "Oreburgh Gate (B1F)" where we can normally find the TM01 and TM31. I saw that the events are also linked to another script, which seems to be an external script (I think)...

In fact, the number of scripts proposed by the software for Platinum is 1124 (0 to 1123) but the script related to the "event 252" of this map is the script 7005 :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12903[/ATTACH]

I searched a lot, on several forums (French, German and now English forums) but couldn't found a single clue about them...

Do someone know where can I find this kind of script related to the events ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

They're usually in script files that are not attached to any map.

Check the script files at the end of the script file folder.

Thank you for the answer.

Can you telle me how can I find this script folder please ? I found only two script folders which are located respectively in <rom>/data/datafield/script and <rom>/data/frontier/script.

There's only a single .narc file in them.

You'd have to unpack the narc if you wanted to see individual script files.

I'm pretty sure SDSME has a script editor in which you can just goto the end of the script list...

I searched a lot, and tried several extractor tools like nitroexplorer, Tahaxan and NFR but, unfortunately, I didn't find a single way to unpack a .narc file.

When I try to exctract, it simply returns the same file, with the same narc extension.

I though that create TM seller on several places should be a good alternative for my problem.

However, in four days, I couldn't even find a single clue about how to create a character who can sell something...

I have not the habit of giving up but here It seems to be clearly sunk. :frown: