Jump to content

General Event Archived Posts Thread


Guested

Recommended Posts

If it means anything to anyone, PokeBank's Mewnium Z can be received by the same game more than once. I have PokeBank on both my CFW and non-CFW 3DS, and both gave a wondercard to the same Sun cartridge.

Not that it's worth anything since Z crystals are infinite, but I thought it's maybe worth noting.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, aGENGARappeared said:

Where are people getting these Shiny Magikarp distributions?

People who live in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan, which the event is meant for (Chinese New Year, also named Lunar New Year and Spring Festival),
get it by going to shops for purchase or getting it from an online portal (that normally blocks IPs from different countries).

Also, the event was uploaded early by Nintendo/Game Freak, ahead of release date,
So those with the serial code can already receive it.
 

5 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

If it means anything to anyone, PokeBank's Mewnium Z can be received by the same game more than once. I have PokeBank on both my CFW and non-CFW 3DS, and both gave a wondercard to the same Sun cartridge.

Not that it's worth anything since Z crystals are infinite, but I thought it's maybe worth noting.

The wonder card is meant to be single use, yet it uses Wonder card ID 0000, which isn't added to received list,
hence why it can be received again, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The wonder card is meant to be single use, yet it uses Wonder card ID 0000, which isn't added to received list,
hence why it can be received again, lol.

This makes a lot of sense, as they removed Pokémon Link in favor to wondercards, but they still need a way to give items/battepoints endlessly. Pokémon will probably have a propper wondercard I guess. It's kinda like gen 3 egg wondercards (could be received multiple times as long as you "tossed" them and got another).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, suloku said:

This makes a lot of sense, as they removed Pokémon Link in favor to wondercards, but they still need a way to give items/battepoints endlessly. Pokémon will probably have a propper wondercard I guess. It's kinda like gen 3 egg wondercards (could be received multiple times as long as you "tossed" them and got another).

Actually, Battle Points from Pokemon Bank is also sent as wonder cards (also with 0000 WC ID).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

People who live in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan, which the event is meant for (Chinese New Year, also named Lunar New Year and Spring Festival),
get it by going to shops for purchase or getting it from an online portal (that normally blocks IPs from different countries).

Also, the event was uploaded early by Nintendo/Game Freak, ahead of release date,
So those with the serial code can already receive it.
 

The wonder card is meant to be single use, yet it uses Wonder card ID 0000, which isn't added to received list,
hence why it can be received again, lol.

 

Interesting.  So The .wc7 file I just injected to get my own event Magikarp isn't... "legit".  It needs to have a Chinese tag on it to be a legit event?  How can I create one that is 100% identical to the real event magikarp? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what I meant: that anything "standard" given by the bank needs a re-usable slot so the game can receive it, which is what the old pokemon link was. It even had some flags to prevent receiving some pokémon again (ORAS Glalie/steelix).

By the way, I have 2 years worth of BP in the bank, does the update preserve them or I've just lost all those points? (I can't access my 3ds until sunday).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, aGENGARappeared said:

 

Interesting.  So The .wc7 file I just injected to get my own event Magikarp isn't... "legit".  It needs to have a Chinese tag on it to be a legit event?  How can I create one that is 100% identical to the real event magikarp? 

No. That's not how wonder cards work.
The wonder card is "English" only, but it's set for the language to be received by whatever receiving language the save is.
(The CHS/CHT tag is language, not region.)

for the case of this wonder card,
Serial Code is region locked, so the region of the Pokemon to either JP, US or EU.

This isn't the place to discuss creation of Pokemon.

2 minutes ago, suloku said:

That's what I meant: that anything "standard" given by the bank needs a re-usable slot so the game can receive it, which is what the old pokemon link was. It even had some flags to prevent receiving some pokémon again (ORAS Glalie/steelix).

By the way, I have 2 years worth of BP in the bank, does the update preserve them or I've just lost all those points? (I can't access my 3ds until sunday).

My Pokemon Bank is a fresh account, so I wouldn't know.

I guess that depends on whether they deleted your account (if it's active, it's likely still there).

------

Event Gallery and Archive updated!

Whence I reside, we have this Reunion Dinner before celebrating the New Year (Lunar),
so evolve this Magikarp, and enjoy the Reunion with Red Gyarados! (or don't, whatever, it's up to you ;D )

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just thought I'd mention when I go into pkhex after receiving my magikarp it says the magikarp is illegal and comes up saying invalid relearn moves and unable to match to a mystery gift in the database? Not even when I edit region for the 3ds console it was received on? Any help? Sorry didn't know where to post this

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk



Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scottishdanstfu said:

Just thought I'd mention when I go into pkhex after receiving my magikarp it says the magikarp is illegal and comes up saying invalid relearn moves and unable to match to a mystery gift in the database? Not even when I edit region for the 3ds console it was received on? Any help? Sorry didn't know where to post this

 

The event JUST came out,
of course it's not in PKHeX database yet.

Wait for next update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Little question:
Can all who received the Magikarp code, provide the first 4 letters?

(
even better if you can provide the back of the card, but blur out the rest of the numbers)

1. I'll like those images for Event Gallery purposes
2. I'll like to confirm the serial code Prefix is same as here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:SnorlaxMonster/Serial_code_prefixes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't know if it's the right place but a Rare Candy and a Friendball (if success) will be distributed to participants of third global mission.

And Mawilite and Beedrilite will be distributed as online competition gift in February as well as other Mega Stones later.

Finally Bottle Cap will be distributed in all Game Stores in UK as serial code.

 

Source: serebii.net

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...