General Event Archived Posts Thread

Guested

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Our on-site events are here.
https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/42-japanese/

(they're under japanese category, as the wonder card was only distributed in Japanese)

ah okay thank you, technically a Japanese console and game cane choose the English language option on first start up and then receive a JPN event and the pokemons name will be in english while retaining a japanese OT?

Just now, wo0ts said:

ah okay thank you, technically a Japanese console and game cane choose the English language option on first start up and then receive a JPN event and the pokemons name will be in english while retaining a japanese OT?

That's technically not how it works.

OT follows whatever OT that is preset to the wonder card.

What language wonder cards you receive determines on:
1. what type of distribution it is (serial code, local wireless, Nintendo Zone/Online)
2. what region 3DS you are using
3. what language you are using on the save (language during gameplay)

read more here:

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/40444-a-collectors-guide-to-wc7-language-and-region-mayhem/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

That's technically not how it works.

OT follows whatever OT that is preset to the wonder card.

What language wonder cards you receive determines on:
1. what type of distribution it is (serial code, local wireless, Nintendo Zone/Online)
2. what region 3DS you are using
3. what language you are using on the save (language during gameplay)

read more here:

oh that is incredibly helpful thank you, 

to be sure im reading it correctly.. for example the brthday pokemon (comfey/evee/pikachu) I would technically have to be in japan to receive them legitimately, however they are not region locked so i could legally receive them on a US console however the Wondercard language, for this example, is always going to be japanese (according to this chart: https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/6-generation-7/), and as for the name of the pokemon after being received on a US console with a english language save; the name would be in english (according to the post you linked). So the only time I would need to edit a pokemons console region/language after receiving it to make it legal would be if i injected a region locked wondercard into a save from a console region that the event was "locked" out of? 

Just now, wo0ts said:

for example the brthday pokemon (comfey/evee/pikachu) I would technically have to be in japan to receive them legitimately, however they are not region locked so i could legally receive them on a US console

yes

1 minute ago, wo0ts said:

however the Wondercard language, for this example, is always going to be japanese

correct!

1 minute ago, wo0ts said:

the name of the pokemon after being received on a US console with a english language save; the name would be in english

In the birthday mon instance, correct.
In most instances, they follow game save language.

There are outliers. (have a look at the summary format I made, to compare the differences)
Example 1: Lillie's Vulpix has a Japanese preset Nickname, however its language tag will still the game save.
Example 2: Hyadain's Landorus has a preset Nickname, and language tag will be forced to be Japanese
Example 3: Ash Greninja nickname set to follow game save, however language tag is forced to Simple Chinese.

8 minutes ago, wo0ts said:

o the only time I would need to edit a pokemons console region/language after receiving it to make it legal would be if i injected a region locked wondercard into a save from a console region that the event was "locked" out of? 

Correct. If the Pokemon's event is originally a locked out region event, that is when the region details have to be changed.
the language details may not necessarily matter.

For example, even for a locked Japanese serial code event, it could very well have its nickname and language tag set to English,
as in Pokemon XYORAS SMUSUM, you can choose what language to play as from the beginning.
(so you can play English language on Japanese console)

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

yes

correct!

In the birthday mon instance, correct.
In most instances, they follow game save language.

There are outliers. (have a look at the summary format I made, to compare the differences)
Example 1: Lillie's Vulpix has a Japanese preset Nickname, however its language tag will still the game save.
Example 2: Hyadain's Landorus has a preset Nickname, and language tag will be forced to be Japanese
Example 3: Ash Greninja nickname set to follow game save, however language tag is forced to Simple Chinese.

Correct. If the Pokemon's event is originally a locked out region event, that is when the region details have to be changed.
the language details may not necessarily matter.

For example, even for a locked Japanese serial code event, it could very well have its nickname and language tag set to English,
as in Pokemon XYORAS SMUSUM, you can choose what language to play as from the beginning.
(so you can play English language on Japanese console)

Thank you!! This is sooooo helpful

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got my hands on a code for Marshadow on Pokemon Moon via serial code passed out at Gamestop. I'm unsure what "TW Serial Event" means, but if this one I got in America is what you need, I can give you the required files. I did not take photos of me inputting the actual serial code, but I can provide the files for examination to confirm authenticity. I have a .sav with it as well before picking it up at the pokemon center. If this is something you have, then please disregard this. I'm quite new to these event contributions and hope I had understood enough to help out if I am able.

Edit: please disregard as I now realize the dates do not match up, therefor obviously not correct event. Makes sense as the NA events would likely be first to be contributed. Please let me know if my post is done correctly so I may know for future contribution attempts.

Card # 0626 - Mythical Marshadow!.wc7

marshadow_special_offer_by_zoe_wolfe-dbri6io.jpg

Edited by TeamRocketCollector
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamRocketCollector said:

I got my hands on a code for Marshadow on Pokemon Moon via serial code passed out at Gamestop. I'm unsure what "TW Serial Event" means, but if this one I got in America is what you need, I can give you the required files. I did not take photos of me inputting the actual serial code, but I can provide the files for examination to confirm authenticity. I have a .sav with it as well before picking it up at the pokemon center. If this is something you have, then please disregard this. I'm quite new to these event contributions and hope I had understood enough to help out if I am able.

Edit: please disregard as I now realize the dates do not match up, therefor obviously not correct event. Makes sense as the NA events would likely be first to be contributed. Please let me know if my post is done correctly so I may know for future contribution attempts.

Card # 0626 - Mythical Marshadow!.wc7

Pokemon Moon Marshadow GS Serial Event with Z Crystal

marshadow_special_offer_by_zoe_wolfe-dbri6io.jpg

that is the standard one. we already have it.

3 hours ago, TeamRocketCollector said:

I figured. Good to know, thanks. For future reference, did I provide the necessary files and info for it? This is my first attempt at contributing an event and wanted to be sure it was at least the correct way.

Thank you for trying to help!  A few things for the future:
We already get all of the serial code and nintendo zone events as they are made available.  We do not need direct contributions or codes for any of them.  If you want the files as they come out, you can subscribe to SciresM's Mystery Gift Bot, or get it from the Github Gallery.
Next, if you happen to be at a location (PC Japan, PC Popup Korea, Worlds, Regionals, etc) where they have a local wireless event, then we prefer NTR dumps. These dumps do require CFW, but are thankfully very easy to do.
If you are not able to do an NTR dump, then a WC exported from PKHex is a last resort option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Thank you for trying to help!  A few things for the future:
We already get all of the serial code and nintendo zone events as they are made available.  We do not need direct contributions or codes for any of them.  If you want the files as they come out, you can subscribe to SciresM's Mystery Gift Bot, or get it from the Github Gallery.
Next, if you happen to be at a location (PC Japan, PC Popup Korea, Worlds, Regionals, etc) where they have a local wireless event, then we prefer NTR dumps. These dumps do require CFW, but are thankfully very easy to do.
If you are not able to do an NTR dump, then a WC exported from PKHex is a last resort option.

You are welcome. Goes to show how long it has been since I visited here on regular basis. I had no idea SciresM had something like that or about the NTR dumps. Appreciate the heads up and happy collecting

• 2 weeks later...