General Event Archived Posts Thread

Guested

Both are available in Japan now. But not easy to get as no members are currently near any of the two events.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, discussion should take place in another thread.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

I despise people who sell Pokémon (that are probably hacked) for personal gain. It's a free event.

Well.. demand creates sales opportunity.

GameFreak/event organizers created this demand, by making it limited in some form.
It's hard to imagine that no one will capitalize on this.

Plus, there are some out there that actually do redemptions with videos and name tags and all, to prove its a unique collection

1 hour ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

I despise people who sell Pokémon (that are probably hacked) for personal gain. It's a free event.

The event itself may be free, sure. But these things take time and effort to redeem - not to mention possible travel costs. (That's not to say that the prices are necessarily fair, but well, supply and demand.)

Regardless, money at least provides an incentive for those users to actually go out, collect, and trade the events. More events are in circulation thanks to that. Most Japanese/Korean sellers on /r/pokemonexchange have little to no interest in trading, as they already have everything, so it'd be selling or nothing.

(Of course, all of the above assumes that the events in question are legitimate as stated. Selling hacks as legitimate would be scamming, which is obviously not okay.)

• Ditto 1

15 minutes ago, Kirzi said:

The event itself may be free, sure. But these things take time and effort to redeem - not to mention possible travel costs. (That's not to say that the prices are necessarily fair, but well, supply and demand.)

Regardless, money at least provides an incentive for those users to actually go out, collect, and trade the events. More events are in circulation thanks to that. Most Japanese/Korean sellers on /r/pokemonexchange have little to no interest in trading, as they already have everything, so it'd be selling or nothing.

(Of course, all of the above assumes that the events in question are legitimate as stated. Selling hacks as legitimate would be scamming, which is obviously not okay.)

i know what u mean,, i can get to Minato Mirai and get pikachu for cheap, but going to Tohoku for the Jirachi would be $100 and 3 hours each way by train

3 hours ago, honcoop91 said:

i know what u mean,, i can get to Minato Mirai and get pikachu for cheap, but going to Tohoku for the Jirachi would be $100 and 3 hours each way by train

If you, or someone you know, can NTR Dump the Pikachu (and the other) parade events, then we would be immensely grateful.

@theSLAYER, I don't see the final Turtonator.  It must be on an AP we don't have.

15 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

If you, or someone you know, can NTR Dump the Pikachu (and the other) parade events, then we would be immensely grateful.

@theSLAYER, I don't see the final Turtonator.  It must be on an AP we don't have.

Look for "1115_Bakugamesu_KO"

(it wouldn't make sense for a normal serial code to be restricted by AP; that's only used by nintendo zone: online wifi events.
Imagine needing to go to 7 Eleven, and the serial code only works there, and not at home)

12 hours ago, Sabresite said:

i looked yesterday and today.. couldnt find where to get the pikachu.. is it only on the 14th? the day of the big parade...

21 minutes ago, honcoop91 said:

i looked yesterday and today.. couldnt find where to get the pikachu.. is it only on the 14th? the day of the big parade...

This is what it says on Bulbapedia:
" A Pikachu will be distributed for Pokémon Sun and Moon at the Pikachu Walk at the Pikachu Outbreak event.
The Pikachu Walk runs each day from August 9 to 15, 2017, starting at Queen's Square Yokohama and turning at Grand Mall Park. The distribution can be obtained near the walking Pikachu.
Players can obtain this distribution once per save file. "

So I think you'll need to find the walk and follow them.

Also, there'll be a mystery Pokemon on the 14th, during the parade.

23 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

This is what it says on Bulbapedia:
" A Pikachu will be distributed for Pokémon Sun and Moon at the Pikachu Walk at the Pikachu Outbreak event.
The Pikachu Walk runs each day from August 9 to 15, 2017, starting at Queen's Square Yokohama and turning at Grand Mall Park. The distribution can be obtained near the walking Pikachu.
Players can obtain this distribution once per save file. "

So I think you'll need to find the walk and follow them.

Also, there'll be a mystery Pokemon on the 14th, during the parade.

i saw that.. but theres no times mentioned. and i aint gonna stay there all day. i have my facebook group to run

19 minutes ago, honcoop91 said:

i saw that.. but theres no times mentioned. and i aint gonna stay there all day. i have my facebook group to run

If this article is accurate, it says it's 4-5pm for the parade:

Nihon Odori Avenue (Nihon Odori Station, 5 min. walk from Kannai Station)

http://www.yokohamajapan.com/upcoming-events/pikachu-outbreak-2017/